Best Combination of Hiddens

For my 18 year old projects

Intelligence (Too lazy to sack them because they're slow and plus, I want them developing really quick)

KO power (I make sure all my fighters are at least decent boxers for some reason)

Heart (Hope for the best with regards to granite chin, but heart is more important IMO)

25 year old fighters

KO power

Heart

Granite Chin

Intelligence doesn't mean they develop quickly, that is fast learner.

You shouldn't still be making 25yr olds.

As long as you are in it for the long haul, I don't think having a slow learner is such a big deal. Everyone has a skill cap, so no matter if I reach the cap at 22, vs 24 or 25, if I have a good chin/ko power/heart/intelligence, then great, I can put up with retard learning speed.

What I am not sure about is if your fighter will start to depop at a certain age / accumulated injury level, even if he isn't at the skill cap. If this does happen readily and prevents you from ever hitting your cap, then having retard learning speed is a huge problem.

The next must have is intelligence. It appears to be a main factor in both the submission game and how a fighter adapts to the other fighter outside the predetermined sliders. So a highly intelligent fighter is then both less likely to lose to submission and decision. Again, the bonus gives every fighter a huge boost in their potential.

Not so. Intelligence does not make a fighter less likely to lose in any way. Unless you're talking about losing by submission in which case that would be Heart. Heart keeps your fighter going when you are in deep waters in fact it makes him way more dangerous when in these tough fights and makes him especially good at defending submissions (it mostly keeps you alive so we can't say Heart can save you from losing though either). Intelligence makes a fighter more likely to know where he has an advantage and does not make him any more likely to win or less likely to lose. Yes intelligence makes your fighter less likely to be hit by the attacks of his opponent and allows your fighter to know where his own advantage is but that never means he can actually pull it off. The opponent always has the opportunity to prevent certain things with their slider settings. Intelligence also helps make your fighter aware of whether or not he is losing on the scorecards and needs to finish in order to win. But still, there are no guarantees he can really finish unless his confidence and ko power are high enough.

Just to make it clear to those of you who don't understand this portion of this post (mostly noobs): Intelligence has no effect on the hidden value called "Potential". This value is randomly generated when a fighter is created and there is currently no way to add to this value. I do believe he simply means that it makes fighters have more hypothetical potential when they have good Intelligence because these fighters are capable of knowing and doing a lot more in fights than fighters with lower Intelligence values.

In the end Intelligence is a great hidden but I never checked it once and most of my created roster are pretty much geniuses... As far as the IQ values I do know.

P.S. Those of you who are saying that confidence is useful for defending the ground game I just completely disagree. When your fighter gets out of tough ground situations I believe it is due to a combination of Intelligence, Heart and Experience. Confidence is just the finishing hidden. It dictates how well your fighter can fight aggressively and also their ability to finish fights in general. It also dictates the rate at which they lose morale from losing fights.

• Upvote 1

Not so. Intelligence does not make a fighter less likely to lose in any way. Unless you're talking about losing by submission in which case that would be Heart. Heart keeps your fighter going when you are in deep waters in fact it makes him way more dangerous when in these tough fights and makes him especially good at defending submissions (it mostly keeps you alive so we can't say Heart can save you from losing though either). Intelligence makes a fighter more likely to know where he has an advantage and does not make him any more likely to win or less likely to lose. Yes intelligence makes your fighter less likely to be hit by the attacks of his opponent and allows your fighter to know where his own advantage is but that never means he can actually pull it off. The opponent always has the opportunity to prevent certain things with their slider settings. Intelligence also helps make your fighter aware of whether or not he is losing on the scorecards and needs to finish in order to win. But still, there are no guarantees he can really finish unless his confidence and ko power are high enough.

Just to make it clear to those of you who don't understand this portion of this post (mostly noobs): Intelligence has no effect on the hidden value called "Potential". This value is randomly generated when a fighter is created and there is currently no way to add to this value. I do believe he simply means that it makes fighters have more hypothetical potential when they have good Intelligence because these fighters are capable of knowing and doing a lot more in fights than fighters with lower Intelligence values.

In the end Intelligence is a great hidden but I never checked it once and most of my created roster are pretty much geniuses... As far as the IQ values I do know.

P.S. Those of you who are saying that confidence is useful for defending the ground game I just completely disagree. When your fighter gets out of tough ground situations I believe it is due to a combination of Intelligence, Heart and Experience. Confidence is just the finishing hidden. It dictates how well your fighter can fight aggressively and also their ability to finish fights in general. It also dictates the rate at which they lose morale from losing fights.

I agree, I don't think I've ever checked IQ as my hidden either for 15+ fighters

I hadnt thought of it that way, but after your post I do remember reading something to this effect somewhere else.

Hiddens mather the most in the end game, if you ever make it that far to the top. On early stages Skills will be more important.

If you have a terrible roll then yes that will affect your fighter and his ability to win. Most fighters with average hiddens can make it quite far in this game. Focus more on learning the sliders and how to build your fighter early on. Learn how to adjust for the fight you are about to have. Once you get a feeling of what to do then you can increase your game by selecting the hiddens you think are the most important. Because by now you'll have experience how the game works and what you like. If you simply just can't stand fighting with low confidence you'll be ticking that box everytime. Maybe it's KO power you feel you absolutly need, then you'll be ticking that box aswell.

The point is, don't focus to much on hiddens early on. Just play the game and learn what style works best for you. At the end of the day it's still the dice that decides the outcome. Even if you tick that box you still can get a really low hidden as the outcome still is random between 1 - 150.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...