The legend of Ryu 'Usami' Musashi

bjornmma1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14114052226154.gif

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

I don't really know what's going on to be honest. I think the matchmaker is waiting for some fights in the division to take place. I also heard that he is a cabin in the woods and doesn't have great internet connection. Not sure if that's correct.

Actually, I have always been a fan of your fights, so I wouldn't mind stepping in the cage with you for sure. I don't know what the matchmaker will decide, so I'll leave it up to him. I don't mind doing it for the title if you want the fight, but then please be so cool to sign a contract at middleweight in the org. If it's just a superfight and that you keep fighting at another org, I agree with you that the belt shouldn't be on the line then. Message the org owner and let me know what he says. I'll let him decide what happens with me . He is the boss and I am his employee.

You are the org owner of the fighter that wants to come over Louie. All you do is release Brody and allow him a fight somewhere else. The org owner of Ryu decides the place and date , not you. He has bad internet connection, so hasn't been online as much, but let Stu speak with him if he wants to fight Ryu. I don't know what AJ his plans are for Ryu. Perhaps he is waiting for a fight to end in the division, I don't know.

You are the org owner of the fighter that wants to come over Louie. All you do is release Brody and allow him a fight somewhere else. The org owner of Ryu decides the place and date , not you. He has bad internet connection, so hasn't been online as much, but let Stu speak with him if he wants to fight Ryu. I don't know what AJ his plans are for Ryu. Perhaps he is waiting for a fight to end in the division, I don't know.

Was merely making a suggestion that works for both fighters that have been idle, never said anything about me being the one who decides it.

• Downvote 1

Ok if you prefer it that way, I am sure u will message him with a list of excuses to avoid taking the fight...

you already said that the first time.

you are free to think what you want. If it makes you feel better, I can copy you my message or you can ask him yourself what I sent. Don't act childish man. I said that I'm ok with the fight already so what are you talking about...?

• Downvote 1

you already said that the first time.

you are free to think what you want. If it makes you feel better, I can copy you my message or you can ask him yourself what I sent. Don't act childish man. I said that I'm ok with the fight already so what are you talking about...?

Its all good man, carry on with your bad self!

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140818041954NEX2.png

I would like to first of all thank AJ Nex, the owner of New Era Extreme for the great job he did at his org. I really enjoyed my time there. When the New World Order org closed, were I was undefeated, I first helped out my manager by doing one quick fight at his org as a last minute replacement. After that , my manager and I decided to put me on the market and see what orgs would be interested. I received a lot of offers, but New Era Extreme sounded like the best possible option. Before signing the contract, I was 6-0 with all 6 fights being (t)KO wins. When I went the distance in my promotional debut, it somehow felt a bit strange, but I somehow enjoyed it as well. It gave me the confidence that no matter how long a fight lasts, I can still feel comfortable and strong.

After a brutal first round finish of the russian BJJ prodigy Emelianenko, I was awarded the title shot at 205lbs. I faced off against one of the strongest fighters of my generation , Ravi Shankoli. He was the better man that night. My gameplan wasn't perfect, but I think it would have taken a perfect plan to beat him and even then. I tried too hard to get in the clinch and shouldn't have kept trying. It made me tired and in the 3rd round he was the first and only one to finish me.

The loss made me think about my way of fighting and what I had been doing for the last few months. I decided that it would perhaps be a smart move to drop a few lbs and go to 185lbs. I spoke to the org owner and he was very happy with that decision as he in fact needed some strong young fighters there to challenge the champion. In my 185lbs debut, I scored a unanimous decision win over Belle Sebastian. I felt good in the fight, but not 100% yet. When I got the call from AJ that I had the next title shot, I was very happy, altough I know that I was in for a very tough task. I had just seen the impressive win by the champ over his challenger as he won every single round and did so in style.

The title fight started with a great first round by me , as I dominated him and cut him open multiple times. In the second round, the world stopped moving for some time as the audience stood shocked by the huge finish! I knocked the champion out with a brutal uppercut ( one punch KO) and I became the first man ever to finish Jason Sturd in the octagon. The media went crazy and the spotlights turned to me.

Sadly enough, no new challenger was put in front of me and nearly 2 months went by. I heard some rumors that the org owner wouldn't have the time anymore to run his amazing business and sadly enough those rumors proved to be correct. I had a wonderful time here and I look forward to the future. I will wear this stunning belt with pride and see it as a badge of how great I was in his org . Hopefully AJ will return to the org business and then I can try and see if the org would fit my profile. I enjoyed working for him and wouldn't mind teaming up again obviously.

I love fighting, but have decided that I will take a short break from fighting to work on some stuff and then come back stronger. There are also a few things in real life that I need to take care off and once all is set and done, I will be stronger than ever and will sign up to an org where I can once again challenge myself. There have already been a few org owners that message my manager about me, but he had to dissapoint them. I am not looking for a contract now and will let the world know when that changes. There is no use in messaging me or my manager for contract offers now.

I am training hard in Bjorn's Elite Gym and it's going great. The hard work pays off and I look forward to the future with confidence. I hope that I will be a HOF'er one day and an absolute legend. I know, those are some difficult goals to achieve, but I want to aim high. Thank you to my fans for following my career and I promise that when I return, that it will be with a bang!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

INTERVIEW WITH RYU 'USAMI' MUSASHI

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1438411956RyuTop.gif

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1438411973ryubottom.gif

Ryu "Usami" Musashi (246815)

10-1 with 8(t)KO wins

Hey mr. Musashi! How are you doing today sir?

Hey man, I am doing great! Please call me Ryu, nobody should use my last name. I am a friendly guy outside the cage and don't bite.

Good to hear Ryu! You just announced that you signed a deal with Syn, one of the best orgs in the world. That is amazing for a 23 year old!

Actually, you are totally wrong. I am 24, not 23. It's my birthday today.
(looks angry and intimidating straight into the reporter his eyes)

Oh damn, I should have known that. I'm terribly sorry mr. Musashi!

I told you, it's Ryu, not mr. Musashi. And don't worry, I was just messing a bit with you. I'm not mad at all.

Luckily! You could kill me with one blow!

I wouldn't dare. As I said, I am a cool and friendly guy as long as I am outside the ring.

I heard that a lot of different orgs were trying to sign you. Can you give us some information about that?

Well, there were about 10 orgs that sent contracts, but there were only 6 left on the table when my manager made the final call. The offers were all interesting and I appreciate all of them. Too bad that I can only pick one :P

May I ask why you decided to join Syn and not another org that had offered a contract?

The truth is, they gave me a great contract and also give me the time to train for as long as I feel is neceassy to close the gap with the higher skilled guys, so this is a win-win situation. Syn knows that they have me for at least 5 fights and I can train without having to worry about were I will be fighting.

May I ask how good the money is on your contract? I heard some rumors, but I am not sure if they are true.

You can ask, but I won't tell. All that I can say is that they have shown great believe in me and that I really appreciate that. It's great to see that I have people around me that really believe in me.

I must say, you have had a real nice start to your career, but what are your goals for the rest of your career?

To be honest, it's not easy to judge how I will cope with all those top fighters when I am ready and step into the cage again, but so far it all looks pretty promising. My only career loss was a mistake that my manager and I made. I'm not making excuses, that guy is a beast of a fighter, but if me and my manager would have known a little more about how MMA works, I would have won that fight.

That sounds great. We will be watching you when you step into the cage for sure. I know that a lot of people are following you. Does that worry you, the idea that you might not succeed and that while so many are hoping that you do succeed?

It only motivates me more. If there is on thing that I hate, it's letting people down. I will not, and I repeat, NOT, let my family, fans, friends and Syn down. I am here to do great things. My hard work will pay off, it must!

I must say, it's has been ages ago that I have seen someone with so much passion and motivation for the sport.

Thank you. I really only live for 2 things , my sport and my family. Without one of them, there is no life for me.

Do you perhaps have a message for someone, to conclude this interview?

First of all, I want to thank my fans for all the support that I have had from them so far. I will try to set up events for signing autographs and hand out free stuff for sure. Secondly, I want to thank my manager for keeping me on the right path. It's not always easy with the bad influences that are all around the place, but he keeps me focused and ready.

Last but not least, a big thanks to the Syn staff for signing me. This feels as a huge honor and I am very proud of it. I will do anything to make sure that I don't let you guys down!

That is great man, all the best with your career and hopefully see you soon!

Thanks! Just one more thing, if you want to follow me, you can also follow me on Buzz. It's sort of a social media thing. I am not really the type to be very active at it, as I don't have time for that, but my manager wants me to use it anyway. That means that freebies will be handed out from time to time as well. Come follow me by clicking here and then press 'follow' !

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

When the matchmaker from Syn came knocking on my door with an offer, I was honored to see my opponent. I'm going up against a real legend and I will be a big underdog going into the fight, but I didn't come to Syn to fight noob fighters with glass chins and pillow fists, so fight offer accepted :D

#Ryu #CrazyChallenge #CrazyMotivated #Honored

As soon as the legend accepts as well, the media will do an interview with me to talk about the fight and what it means to me.

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

I present to you my first opponent at Syn :

35-15-1 with 20(t)ko wins and has only been stopped twice himself in his entire career..

The number 112th ranked fighter p4p ...

21th at 170lbs

with a highest p4p ranking of 16th in his career...

The former Syn champion and current Honor champion...

Coming off a win over Barry Allen...

Ladies and gentlemen

http://i61.tinypic.com/2l8gj5w.png

"Rasta" Ziggy Cliff

and managed by the legendary Chris Karter Himself!

• Upvote 1

Interview with Ryu Musashi about his upcoming bout against Ziggy Cliff

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

10-1-0 ( with 8(t)KO wins)

24 years old

403 p4p

New Era Extreme 185lbs champion

Hey Ryu! How are you doing?

Oh man, I feel so good! What a great day yesterday was for me! I still can't believe what all happened that day, crazy!

It sure must be a day to remember for you. What were you thinking when you saw the fight offer arrive in your mailbox?

Well man, to be honest, I was thinking 'holy shit, I'm going to get my ass kicked! ' :P

Hahaha! I can imagine. I guess your manager spoke with you about the fight then , as you ended up accepting it..

Yes he did. At first he wasn't too sure what to do , but when he was looking at the fight a bit more in detail, he realised that this was a huge opportunity. Not many fighters get the honor to fight a legend , let alone on the age of 24. We both smiled and decided to give it a go and we'll see how the fight goes...

About the fight, what will you train in the next few weeks?

I would be stupid to tell you right...?! My opponent or one of his friends might read this interview and tell him. Lets put it this way, I'm not planning on just handing him the victory. I came to Syn at an early age to really test myself. There is no point for me to keep fighting in ID orgs because I really wanted to test myself against elite fighters. I know, I might get my ass kicked real bad, but at least I will know better at what point of my career that I am at.

I must say that I like your attitude. It seems as if you most of all embrace the challenge that the fight brings and will try to make the best of it.

Yeah, that is correct. I didn't join Syn to fight opponents with pillow fists and a glass jaw. I am here to test myself. I might need to take some time to train after that fight depending on how it goes, as I am still young, but at least I will have felt how it feels to fight such a big level fighter.

Is there anything you noticed in his fights that you want to exploit? Any type of weakness?

Once again, I would be a fool to tell you that, but what I can tell you is that I think he is a very complete fighter and a very scary one. I will have to be 100% on fight night to stand a chance against him, but I'm going to give it my best shot and see what it does.

You are known for having good KO power. Are you planning on using that against him?

(smiles) Hmmm, what do you think...?

I don't know, but your smile seems to try and tell me something.

I guess you will find out in 3 weeks my friend. Come to the Wombley Arena in London on 6 november 2015 and you'll see what happens.

I'll be there, that's for sure! Will you be nervous for the fight you think?

C'mon man, what do you think?! I'm fighting a legend of the sport, managed by one of the best managers in the world, the fight takes place in an arena that is about 20 times bigger than anything I have had a fight in and I make my debut in one of the absolute best mma orgs there is....

Fuck yeah I will be nervous!

Sorry, that was indeed a bit of a stupid question now that I think about it.

No worries, I'm used to stupid questions. I have a girlfriend who has more water in her head than the North Sea, but at least she is good in what a girl is made for ;)

Speaking about that , what do you think of having intercourse the night before a fight?

I knew you were going to ask that! Well, I am a huge fan of having sex, not just the night before the fight, but actually the hour before the fight. It gets my blood pumping and I know that if it wouldn't be for the cash that I'm making with this, that she wouldn't be with me, so it gets me even more motivated to win the fight and know that she will be around for my next warm-up session :D

Haha, thanks for the interview man and good luck in your epic bout!

No worries and thanks !

• Upvote 3