CardiffWanderer's Beginners "Beginner's Guide" To MMA Tycoon

CardiffWanderer

When you enter the QFC, you enter at the weight your fighter is currently at, not what he can potentially cut to. Therefore if your fighter is 187 pounds, he will be entered into a light heavyweight bout and not a middle weight bout.

^ I beg to differ this one, I have a 217lbs guy with a cut to 199lbs and he is in 3 light heavyweight QFC and never a heavyweight.

Fighter

When you enter the QFC, you enter at the weight your fighter is currently at, not what he can potentially cut to. Therefore if your fighter is 187 pounds, he will be entered into a light heavyweight bout and not a middle weight bout.

^ I beg to differ this one, I have a 217lbs guy with a cut to 199lbs and he is in 3 light heavyweight QFC and never a heavyweight.

Fighter

Perhaps i have failed to explain that properly.

What happens is that the cut weight not the total weight is important when you book a fight in the qfc. So if your fighter was at 60% energy, he would be at roughly 208lbs on the cut weight and would be booked for a heavyweight contest while if he is at 100% where the cut weight is at 199lbs he will be put in the for light heavyweight fight.

Excellent work M!

Might I suggest a bit more depth on the benefits of VIP though? perhaps a copy & paste or direct link from here:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/vip.php

Good of you to do this though and makes it easy for everyone to chip in with extra info etc.

The whole thing needs to be tinkered with so i plan to add and changes things as i go through, i will definitely add the link though

Never fails to amaze me how much merrien has to give to this game - has even put up with my iidiosyncrocies regarding "Kingdon Brunell" a genuine credit to the game!!!

Early option for most helpful manager 2010.

On the above post i think you should edit the original post and put this in there as many people wont scroll through the whole thing reading everyones replies like I.

(Ode to Blixx) I'm just saying.

I think I will do that now as someone did not find this part today and ask questions addressed. So I will put it all on the first page. Its going to be a very long first page.

Perhaps i have failed to explain that properly.

What happens is that the cut weight not the total weight is important when you book a fight in the qfc. So if your fighter was at 60% energy, he would be at roughly 208lbs on the cut weight and would be booked for a heavyweight contest while if he is at 100% where the cut weight is at 199lbs he will be put in the for light heavyweight fight.

Oh now I get it = =

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think i have got to the point where I have spent so much time experimenting and trying to work on different things that I may never win again.

Have I lost the will to win? Or am I just useless. My advice seems to be very successful to other people so perhaps I should take my own advice... mmm.

• 3 weeks later...

"Side control opens up a lot of arm submissions such as kimuras and is easier to obtain so it is better for those closer matched in bjj. "

I enjoy doing kimuras from guard/half guard. It's just easier to me, comes more naturally. But it depends on the fighter

"Side control opens up a lot of arm submissions such as kimuras and is easier to obtain so it is better for those closer matched in bjj. "

I enjoy doing kimuras from guard/half guard. It's just easier to me, comes more naturally. But it depends on the fighter

I would be surprised if you tried to kimura someone from guard who had decent sub defense that you weren't switched into mount or someone tried to slap on a triangle. However there may be technique you have that is highly effective which I would obviously like to see but I would say that I haven't seen it successfully used as anything but a passing device once people are over purple belt level.

From half guard I agree that it used commonly and very effectively although I would be interested in seeing comparisons on how often it works out when you add strikes from the bottom.

However in game turns, this is a representation of numbers put into terms that are clearly seen in the flavour text so this is accurate to the advantageous in the game.

I'm not sure if this has been said, but for all my GnP fighter, I stick them to the mount position. This is were I usually ends all of my fights. The damage done in mount is much more considerable than any other position I've seen.

I'm not sure if this has been said, but for all my GnP fighter, I stick them to the mount position. This is were I usually ends all of my fights. The damage done in mount is much more considerable than any other position I've seen.

That is in the ideal position and that is in the guide but it is more about passing. Someone with high BJJ and knowing what they are doing can clamp down a wrestlers passing opportunity and use it to reverse the position or get the sub so for those going up against high BJJ fighters it may not be the wisest move.