Wrestling is a dominant martial art?

Urban

I would not call it the most dominant primary skill, rather I'd say it is the most important primary skill to have so that your other primary skill(s) will be more effective. If you're a striker, you need it to keep the fight standing. If you're a grappler you need it to take the fight to the ground.

• Upvote 1

I can testify that it is effective in the lower ranks (idk about higher up orgs). Being somewhat new, only playing since late January, majority of my fights are lower level orgs and QFC fights. I use mainly 25yo wrestlers. Overall record of 55-10 (41 TKO's, 13 Subs, 1 decision).

My guess is because if the wrestler has a good chin and good takedowns, and he is against a striker, he just needs 1 takedown. Once it's on the ground, he wins, that simple. So if he can take 10-20 punches before getting ko'd and land just 1 out of 10 takedowns, he can win a lot of fights. 18yo's don't have the skills to deal with it until they have trained for a while. and 25yo strikers usually don't have enough takedown defense or balance.

Once in a while my guys will get submitted by a jiu jitsu guy, or get their takedowns stuffed and ktfo by a striker. But 55 out of 65 is not a bad success rate.

25 year olds with Wonderful(12) Wrestling and BJJ Brown Belt are the easiest to play in QFC main land or in ID restricted orgs until age 29.

You could easily get a 18-2 record but that is totally standard.

If you like 25 year olds come to the Island where everyone is doing it (25 year olds) and the end of season tournament is epic. You will have so much more fun and harder fights than main land QFC. We have good orgs for mostly 25 year olds too.

• 2 weeks later...

I can testify that it is effective in the lower ranks (idk about higher up orgs). Being somewhat new, only playing since late January, majority of my fights are lower level orgs and QFC fights. I use mainly 25yo wrestlers. Overall record of 55-10 (41 TKO's, 13 Subs, 1 decision).

My guess is because if the wrestler has a good chin and good takedowns, and he is against a striker, he just needs 1 takedown. Once it's on the ground, he wins, that simple. So if he can take 10-20 punches before getting ko'd and land just 1 out of 10 takedowns, he can win a lot of fights. 18yo's don't have the skills to deal with it until they have trained for a while. and 25yo strikers usually don't have enough takedown defense or balance.

Once in a while my guys will get submitted by a jiu jitsu guy, or get their takedowns stuffed and ktfo by a striker. But 55 out of 65 is not a bad success rate.

Nice explanation u do there ?