Pride event on New Years Eve

Does anyone else miss Pride as much as me? I love UFC but something about the magic or theatre of pride is missing. I know there is not going to be another organisation like Pride ever again but I would love it if UFC held a special Pride night on New Years Eve each year. No title fights but it would be great entertainment. They could even use the unified MMA rules if they wanted, I still think it would work. I'm sure the UFC would make good money from it too if it was in Japan especially. I saw Pride once and there were 68000 fans in attendance!Crazy!

I want to start blagging DW about it bt I don't use facebook. Anyone feel the same and have ideas??

If facebook can get Rage to xmas number 1 in charts here(UK) surely we can change Dana's mind?

If I wanted my fix of fake fights I would watch WWE, or the modern K-1.

http://expresswithgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/alfie.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol yes there were some dodgy fights - mark Coleman and bob sapp but there would no Yakuza influence. Also did you see silva v feijao last week wither feijao just decided fuck it or he took a dive - he just stopped moving

What I miss about PRIDE is the rules. I was playing 2 days ago UFC game on PS3 and you could not compare the action in UFC and PRIDE.

Yeah i love the Pride rules but don't like soccer kicks to the head - that's brutal!!stomps were great tho. Also they actually like the ground game so sick of fans booing fighters on the floor - why don't they watch k-1 or somethin

The one thing Pride got absolutely right was spectacle.

The New Years Eve show was something to look forward to, and you knew that it would have at least a couple of marquee matches. Most sports have such an event like the the NFL's Superbowl or WWE's WrestleMania.

The UFC really lacks this type of once in a year Supershow and it would be better if it did incorporate one

• Upvote 2

People go on about how great Pride was, maybe you'll not think it's so great when you get a soccer kick to the face. That's one thing which puts me off Pride along with foot stomps.

I dont think that soccer kick is more degerous then heel kick to the head.

i dont think soccer kicks were that bad...i think a stomp is probably worse. the fights definitely flowed much better with the kicks to a grounded opponent, but i definitely dont think it would ever go over well in america. they badly need to legalize knees to a downed opponent.

it's funny...everyone goes on about how dangerous knees and kicks to a downed opponent can be...but no one ever got seriously injured from them in pride. we see onefc now using similar rules, and again, no serious injuries.

punching people in the face is bad too. i think people forget this is fighting we're talking about.

i dont think soccer kicks were that bad...i think a stomp is probably worse. the fights definitely flowed much better with the kicks to a grounded opponent, but i definitely dont think it would ever go over well in america. they badly need to legalize knees to a downed opponent.

it's funny...everyone goes on about how dangerous knees and kicks to a downed opponent can be...but no one ever got seriously injured from them in pride. we see onefc now using similar rules, and again, no serious injuries.

punching people in the face is bad too. i think people forget this is fighting we're talking about.

Sure I wanted to say them same but didnt had any info on that. I also have never heard any serious injuries on knees or kick on the ground. If we talk about knees I dont even see why knee in clich is not as dangerous as on the ground? If we talk about soccer kicks then also if its to the face not on the back of the head it cant be more dagerous then perkaps heel kick. Stomps yes looked scary back in the PRIDE abut they where amazing to watch :)..

I'd rather take a punch to the face while on the ground than a kick/ knee/ stomp to the face

We are not talking about punch. What would you rather take knee soccer kick or heel kick?

There was works in Pride but the Yakuza was the money behind the scenes so what do you expect, would love to have some shows in Japan a few times a year with Pride rules (10 minute 1st round and Soccer Kicks FTW!) i heard MMA is losing some traction in Japan attendence wise, hopefully ONE FC gets some more talent and a TV deal in the US