Ideas to get more players

GreekFighter

I will list here some of the most common issues that keeps player away from this game from higher to lower.

1) when you create a fighter you basically have no idea what each skill does. Any at all. And it's hard to find any info about it as well.

2)The game literally looks like a demo. Please add a feature or 2 that are only from VIP to all. Free avatar fighter selection and scoreboard for the fights could be nice at least. Otherwise it looks like pay2win game.

3)There are very few graphics. Well it's a text based browser game but at least add some colour apart from white and red. Some graphics that make you feel you are actually at a mma game. Like pictures of the gym when you are at the gym and maybe according to the quality of the gym add different graphics , some other when you are at the fight page and so on.

4)Less fight more training more grinding than smashing. Well the problem is that the QFC actually is rarely used anymore. But the problem is that most contracts a range fights every month. So basically there is nothing to do at that time. Add more bonus from fights for the skills maybe increase the QFC money.As it is now you can log once in a month and be OK

5)Communication is quite hard within the game. Add a friend list or something so the new users can easily get in touch with others. I know it's not that important but still can be improved, since new users can get huge help that will motivate them to keep playing.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

I will list here some of the most common issues that keeps player away from this game from higher to lower.

1) when you create a fighter you basically have no idea what each skill does. Any at all. And it's hard to find any info about it as well.

2)The game literally looks like a demo. Please add a feature or 2 that are only from VIP to all. Free avatar fighter selection and scoreboard for the fights could be nice at least. Otherwise it looks like pay2win game.

3)There are very few graphics. Well it's a text based browser game but at least add some colour apart from white and red. Some graphics that make you feel you are actually at a mma game. Like pictures of the gym when you are at the gym and maybe according to the quality of the gym add different graphics , some other when you are at the fight page and so on.

4)Less fight more training more grinding than smashing. Well the problem is that the QFC actually is rarely used anymore. But the problem is that most contracts a range fights every month. So basically there is nothing to do at that time. Add more bonus from fights for the skills maybe increase the QFC money.As it is now you can log once in a month and be OK

5)Communication is quite hard within the game. Add a friend list or something so the new users can easily get in touch with others. I know it's not that important but still can be improved, since new users can get huge help that will motivate them to keep playing.

I'd definitely like to see a GLB style chatbox and friends list.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking as a very new player, I can think of a few things...

-New players will build fighters fast...and screw them all up. Right now I waiting to get rid of three more duds (after sacking 4 already!). They need an idea how to build a goid fighter right ftom the start. Which leads me to...

-They have no idea how difficult this game is, and the sooner they get in touch with a mentor the better.

-It's not at all obvious that people are actually helpful and friendly...new players won't even imagine that until they've been contacted by someone.

-Need a guide which actually talks about how to play WELL...not just how to play...

• Upvote 2

Hmmm...been thinking about my post above.

Maybe it's good that new players are a been frazzled, overwhelmed and screw up. That's actually a good way to learn lessons.

I found the mentors link pretty fast (JUST after I'd screwed up my fighters' builds :), but maybe it should only be found by people who look.

I think it would be really good for less advanced/serious players to have more choice of affordable gyms. Not elite but not cramped slums either.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is one of the best ideas... new players wants to see some action as soon as they start in mmatycoon. Right now, I have 5 fighters that I created 3 days ago and they are already 3 days waiting for a QFC fight. I dont know, maybe add more bonus from fights for the skills, maybe increase the QFC money, or even maybe create some "bot fighters" only for QFC fights. Then, you would always have newbie player have some action right when they start here, wich would help to keep in game players that just started to play (I believe several players drop the game just few days after they started).

• Upvote 2

Think of how many games there are on the internet where you arrive as a new player and SOME TYPE of organisation is there to welcome you. Could be a guild, a team, a kingdom...SOMETHING.

In many games new players are kind of revered because they add to the game and often THEY are a resource that teams/guilds fight over.

Here they kind of drop into nothingness in a game where every fighter they build using their real-world intuition is a horrible fuck-up and if ever by some miracle they build a fighter 'right' (frankly who would ever know to put 110 points in Conditioning / Strike def / Clinch and leave most others at 1 point!?), they can't afford to train him up to usable because QF literally gives them nothing. QF only pays 100 $ to stop some kind of manipulation? Let it pay 2000! enough for two weeks in an elite gym and let them fight every two weeks...it's not going to spoil the game for the rest of us...

NOW...If the underlying idea in this game is to let people scrimp and save and waste the talent of their first generation fighters to pay for the second and an elite gym...then fine. But non-VIP players only have four fighters to generate money with...let's face it, it's pretty much impossible to produce a really good fighter that way.

New players NEED the help of Noob Fund or an Alliance if they want ot produce good fighters. We need some incentive for some type of organisation to WANT new players....idk!?

• Upvote 3

Some great ideas here.

The game should be more rewarding towards noobs. QFC is dead which gets in the way of this. having bot fighters at QFC sounds weird but could be a solution. an even better suggestion IMO is something along the lines of what JDV916 said above: having tips/tutorials unlock for noobs after a QFC win. something like: "Congratulations! You won this fight but we noticed you created a 25 y/o fighter. Older fighters will learn at a slower pace and experienced managers all agree that creating 18 y/o is the best way to go."

Then there should be some way that noobs would gain access to elite gyms by winning a tournament or whatever that would grant a spot at an elite gym as well as a fat sponsorship to help kickstart them in the game. A crazy way to help implement that would be to tax the top managers who literally have millions to spare.

• Upvote 1

I have a dumb question though I am going to state right off the bat maybe I just don't understand as a new player who had a complete different experience than 95% of starting players. How will making QFC more rewarding help new players? I do understand that I feel like as long as its worth 100 dollars, which one of the suggestions is to increase the pay amount. it will be worthless and I wish I knew not to fight in QFC before joining orgs. What I think as far as helping new players go, we should take our time to answer their questions and that's how I learned so fast, I asked the right questions to people willing to answer me. Also one of my favorite parts of my experience I found a 'noob' org for myself which I have been able to do well in. As I have only ever been in 3 orgs including the one I am in on the island, so I don't have much experience with many orgs but IFC in particular I found great for noobs and the owner is very willing to work with people. Whether they want more time to train or just questions you might have. I personally think restricted ID orgs are the way to go to start your career but this could also be due to my pure dumb luck that I have been playing less than 2 months with a total record of 25-5 so far and I am shooting for top 100 manager much quicker than most noobs would be. Just like everyone else my first characters made some obvious mistakes but I was able to make a fighter correctly (for a 25 age to make me money at least) by day two once I figured out how you want to distribute points but that was just doing research whether I was asking other people or reading the forums. The one fighter I made that's really unplayable happened to be the one to get my best hiddens and he will continue to lose for me because I will not put him on free agent until his contract is up since I feel like that's respect unless you talk with your org owner about it first. Sorry went a bit on a tangent but I just don't understand why people would want to fix QFC so noobs can figure out how not to play the game and what works when we as a community could just take more responsibility in teaching others since for most this will not be an easy game to learn. I would like to think Noob orgs with helpful people is a better way to help people learn as well as make money at the same time. Again my opinion could be all wrong being still a noob myself but instead of the normal they struggle to win, I have been doing just fine in orgs fighting noobs with as much experience as I do.

I think this is one of the best ideas... new players wants to see some action as soon as they start in mmatycoon. Right now, I have 5 fighters that I created 3 days ago and they are already 3 days waiting for a QFC fight. I dont know, maybe add more bonus from fights for the skills, maybe increase the QFC money, or even maybe create some "bot fighters" only for QFC fights. Then, you would always have newbie player have some action right when they start here, wich would help to keep in game players that just started to play (I believe several players drop the game just few days after they started).

I agree with this but game is a grind. While new players certainly want action right away and that may not be a bad thing to start but I think the worst thing you can do is speed it up. There are other MMA fight games out there that you can "fast forward" time. For me, the appeal of this game is that it's the exact opposite of every other game being created. You dont have to log in every day if you dont want, you dont have to have alarms set or risk losing everything you have built and you dont have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to be competitive. This game is great because its a grind and the pace is slow. You can log in while having a cup of coffee before starting work or on your phone while taking a crap, whatever works for you and then set it aside for the rest of the day if you want to. Take a vacation, hang out with family whatever. This game does not intrude on your life. The day it becomes, He who spends the most money wins (Game of War) or He who spends their entire life logged on and playing (World of Warcraft) gains a huge advantage, I think I would quit playing at that point

• Upvote 2

I have a dumb question though I am going to state right off the bat maybe I just don't understand as a new player who had a complete different experience than 95% of starting players. How will making QFC more rewarding help new players? I do understand that I feel like as long as its worth 100 dollars, which one of the suggestions is to increase the pay amount. it will be worthless and I wish I knew not to fight in QFC before joining orgs. What I think as far as helping new players go, we should take our time to answer their questions and that's how I learned so fast, I asked the right questions to people willing to answer me. Also one of my favorite parts of my experience I found a 'noob' org for myself which I have been able to do well in. As I have only ever been in 3 orgs including the one I am in on the island, so I don't have much experience with many orgs but IFC in particular I found great for noobs and the owner is very willing to work with people. Whether they want more time to train or just questions you might have. I personally think restricted ID orgs are the way to go to start your career but this could also be due to my pure dumb luck that I have been playing less than 2 months with a total record of 25-5 so far and I am shooting for top 100 manager much quicker than most noobs would be. Just like everyone else my first characters made some obvious mistakes but I was able to make a fighter correctly (for a 25 age to make me money at least) by day two once I figured out how you want to distribute points but that was just doing research whether I was asking other people or reading the forums. The one fighter I made that's really unplayable happened to be the one to get my best hiddens and he will continue to lose for me because I will not put him on free agent until his contract is up since I feel like that's respect unless you talk with your org owner about it first. Sorry went a bit on a tangent but I just don't understand why people would want to fix QFC so noobs can figure out how not to play the game and what works when we as a community could just take more responsibility in teaching others since for most this will not be an easy game to learn. I would like to think Noob orgs with helpful people is a better way to help people learn as well as make money at the same time. Again my opinion could be all wrong being still a noob myself but instead of the normal they struggle to win, I have been doing just fine in orgs fighting noobs with as much experience as I do.

I think this is spot on actually, qfc should be used to test fighters out if your fighter has done more than 4 qfc fights and hasn't joined an org than your just wasting your time with that fighter to begin with. If you join an org your going to get more money and get more emersed into the community. But the real thing is if people don't win right away there not going to wanna play (not gonna fix that)

Unfortunately a LOT of new fighters need to be tucked away in a gym for months (real time!) before they are really ready to fight.

As mentioned in another thread, there's absolutely no real reason for a young fighter to fight except to test hiddens...other fights just lise time when moral/energy drops.

Joining an org with a completely lopsided fighter (ie 110 conditioning and 20 strength/agility/speed) will just get you losses on your record.

Want a real way to get all young fighters fighting on orgs even if they aren't really ready...? Make FIGHTING an essential component of fighter development. After 3 weeks without a fight all fighters starting gaining less from training....THAT would massively increase the number of fights taking place in this game.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have a dumb question though I am going to state right off the bat maybe I just don't understand as a new player who had a complete different experience than 95% of starting players. How will making QFC more rewarding help new players?

it will help new players by making the game more enjoyable for them right off the bat. this game is not easy at all for newcomers they either win meaningless QFC matches or get beat up in orgs. main reason for this is that experienced managers will wait until fighters develop to elite level beasts until they fight. at that point someone that doesn't have their own gym has no chance against them.

if QFC provides more than a meaningless win and if fighting is more important to a project's development then new players will have more to look forward to and will have the chance to fight a project early in his development when the skill gap is not as huge.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

An actually active game owner...that would be helpful

Damn right.

- Implement the chat into the main game

- Speed up the island and give more info about it to new players

- Maybe a lady division.

- Make it worth to hold a QFC org.

- Make QFC's amateur fights

- Make it possible to own more than one company

I think speeding up the game would bring MORE people in but I don't think they'll just start pouring in left and right. Maybe create tournaments where real money becomes involved (legality issues I know). That is just something I like the idea of and others may as well but to be honest I think the marketing should be stronger.

Damn right.

- Implement the chat into the main game

- Speed up the island and give more info about it to new players

- Maybe a lady division.

- Make it worth to hold a QFC org.

- Make QFC's amateur fights

- Make it possible to own more than one company

Nothing of this will be add or done because for some reason other members moderators and even game admin think everything is fine.

The Group has been there for a half year at this point and what we have? A belt cabinet about who no one gives a fuck.

• Upvote 1