Training project fighters

I start all my fighters with 110 conditioning points for effective training sessions. Would you say it's more important to get all physicals to max from the get go? Or is it more important to train primaries and secondaries while your fighter's 18? I've been told physicals improve at the same rate no matter what your age is. Any tips/advice?

Physicals improve independent of learning speed but slow down as fighters age. Everyone has a different idea about training but an easy method for you since you are just starting out would be to train a mix of all 3 making sure you are getting a fair amount of secondary training in.

personally, i start my fighters with the minimum points in cardio and strength. you then allocate the remaining physical points to the other four, agility, flexibility, speed and balance because these take much longer to train.

there are two schools of thought - one is like you do it, so you can train 12 session a week from the beginning, one is like i do - which mathematically works out faster in the medium term. i don't know how many times this has to be repeated to people, but hey i don't mind if others are worse at efficient training than i am!

i then get the cardio and strength to 12, which means 4-5 weeks of rather boring training, and then secondaries is the next thing, and finally i would introduce sparring, as long as you have good sparring partners. but you can spar straight from the beginning too.

fighters often reach their skill cap by age 25 or 26, so really there's no rush to do it either way. they will all get there eventually, depending on their inherent latent learning-speed hidden.

personally, i start my fighters with the minimum points in cardio and strength. you then allocate the remaining physical points to the other four, agility, flexibility, speed and balance because these take much longer to train.

there are two schools of thought - one is like you do it, so you can train 12 session a week from the beginning, one is like i do - which mathematically works out faster in the medium term. i don't know how many times this has to be repeated to people, but hey i don't mind if others are worse at efficient training than i am!

i then get the cardio and strength to 12, which means 4-5 weeks of rather boring training, and then secondaries is the next thing, and finally i would introduce sparring, as long as you have good sparring partners. but you can spar straight from the beginning too.

fighters often reach their skill cap by age 25 or 26, so really there's no rush to do it either way. they will all get there eventually, depending on their inherent latent learning-speed hidden.

Would you suggest training physicals with a general circuit or individually?

You should almost always take 110 conditioning for a project fighter, if only to increase your training time/week.

If you choose 110 conditioning you can train 3-5 spar/weight/circuit sessions per week and fill the rest with secondaries with only 1 rest session per week (Wed PM or Thurs AM). Put your focus on getting the rest of the physicals to your conditioning level. Personally, I dont do general conditioning until all the the physicals get to an even level (depending on grappler or striker).

You should almost always take 110 conditioning for a project fighter, if only to increase your training time/week.

If you choose 110 conditioning you can train 3-5 spar/weight/circuit sessions per week and fill the rest with secondaries with only 1 rest session per week (Wed PM or Thurs AM). Put your focus on getting the rest of the physicals to your conditioning level. Personally, I dont do general conditioning until all the the physicals get to an even level (depending on grappler or striker).

Most people suggest training secondaries before sparring. If I manage to rent a sparbot I'll give this a try in at least one of my projects to switch it up and see how it goes.

Most people suggest training secondaries before sparring. If I manage to rent a sparbot I'll give this a try in at least one of my projects to switch it up and see how it goes.

Yeah, sparring is definitely less important early on. I usually go a week or two after creation without using it.

Overall, I always keep sparring below 1.5 sessions/week avg