Other fighting manager games

JohnnYPuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's not quite the same since the focus is mostly about org running and also it's a single player adventure, but the World of Mixed Martial Arts games by Grey Dog Software have long been a staple. It's basically a text based tycoon sim focused on running an org and booking fights and signing the best talent.

Unfortunately, only WMMA3 is on steam (and that was originally released way back in 2010), and any newer will have to be bought from the developer's site.

If you are looking for MMA management games, if you have an iPhone you could always try Project MMA

You run an org in a fictional universe and play matchmaker.  Obviously it isn't as comprehensive as a pc game.  A lot of work has gone into the engine, and I am responsible for a lot of it. I have built the statistical models on MMA finishes, weight impact on outcomes, and striking/takedown/submission success rates.  Yes I am indeed a nerd.

There is a thriving community on discord and you can even get involved in the beta if you so wish, as we test all features through several levels before we roll them out on to the app store.

13 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Not seen another fighter manager game worth a toss, but just for a laugh here's an old 80's game that was fun & had management as it's core gameplay, might be able to find an Amiga or C64 emulator & the ROM for it someplace dusty on the interwebs.

My god I loved this game.  It is absolutely hilarious.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, JohnnYPuff said:

Does anyone know games similar to this one? Doesn't have to be MMA , boxing is fine with me to. Thanks

MMA Army is the most similar in the sense that you manage individual fighters and go up against other players . It is quite retro in style and the interface is no way as user friendly.

MMA Sim is made by the guy who did Pro Wrestling Booker.  You run an org and compete against other players.  It can be a slog at the beginning as the recruitment process is quite irritating, but if you invest time in it, it can be fun. It's still in early access so the price is discounted and develop continues. The designer is very active in his discord community.

In terms of boxing MMOs I've not played any, however, there is an excellent game for smartphones. - Boxing Manager

Tip 1. MMA Army is shallow and pointless. After playing Tycoon, you will realise this within a week. Don't waste a week.

Tip 2. WebL is a good number-crunching boxing sim. You write your own tactics scripts (instead of user-friendly sliders), so you'll either love it or hate it. Not for the casual player.  https://www.vivi.com/ and https://webl-static.vivi.com/helpfiles/helpfiles.html

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...