QFC

bobloblaw

Oh shit, you ran into Mentor:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=353252

Better to fight your 18 year olds just once in QFC to test for hiddens , you got good chin so that`s good enough. Now maybe look to place him in an ID restricted org so he can get fair fights?

Any reason why Mentor would drop this guy? I've considered picking him up and don't know how to read prospects.

Ah yes, Ol' "Use em' bruise em' then lose em'" Mentor. A record so padded it qualifies as protective clothing.

Like, I get it. Can crushing is good for record building.
However.

Its shitty.
You're shitty for still doing it.
You've been playing for how long and you still rely on the most fundamental of old tricks to flat track bully newbies and prospects to raise your ranking?
25 year olds, for any manager thats been around over a decade like Guru, should be stopgaps between prospects to get a couple of fights in, maybe to join in the early days of an org, or otherwise should be taken out of QFC as quickly as possible, and signed up. Not your entire fucking managerial plan.

EXHALE

Nothing personal, I just have an incredibly strong opinion about it.
Technically he's playing the game in the most surefire way to gain possible, minmaxers out there might say that its the most proficient way to play, and granted, who am I to get upset about a browser management sim, and to tell people how to go around playing it?

But imho its a poor way to manage if you have as much experience as he does. Will deter newer managers who are looking to test the waters only to get blitzkrieged by people who really shouldn't be playing in the shallow end of the pool anymore.

• Upvote 1

Mentor will probably drop the guy after 1 more QFC win, because 25 year old builds are pretty much useless outside of QFC, the island, and the first 3 to 6 months of a new ID org.

Basically useless but every once in a while you get guys like my dude who has a granite and learns super quickly. The young guys are still out skilling me and after a couple months will all be head and shoulders over my guy especially now that he's 29 but he's at least gonna last until he's 32 competitively.

Ah yes, Ol' "Use em' bruise em' then lose em'" Mentor. A record so padded it qualifies as protective clothing.

Like, I get it. Can crushing is good for record building.

However.

Its shitty.

You're shitty for still doing it.

You've been playing for how long and you still rely on the most fundamental of old tricks to flat track bully newbies and prospects to raise your ranking?

25 year olds, for any manager thats been around over a decade like Guru, should be stopgaps between prospects to get a couple of fights in, maybe to join in the early days of an org, or otherwise should be taken out of QFC as quickly as possible, and signed up. Not your entire fucking managerial plan.

EXHALE

Nothing personal, I just have an incredibly strong opinion about it.

Technically he's playing the game in the most surefire way to gain possible, minmaxers out there might say that its the most proficient way to play, and granted, who am I to get upset about a browser management sim, and to tell people how to go around playing it?

But imho its a poor way to manage if you have as much experience as he does. Will deter newer managers who are looking to test the waters only to get blitzkrieged by people who really shouldn't be playing in the shallow end of the pool anymore.

For real!!! I only make 16-18 builds and some of them start off a bit shaky but that's the way to go, except in island fights, the island is idiotic and needs to have an age limit of like 21. it doesn't make sense to have a 25 year old starting out on the island. (unless you are a loser/cheat who needs to get his/her wins up)

• Downvote 1

For real!!! I only make 16-18 builds and some of them start off a bit shaky but that's the way to go, except in island fights, the island is idiotic and needs to have an age limit of like 21. it doesn't make sense to have a 25 year old starting out on the island. (unless you are a loser/cheat who needs to get his/her wins up)

Or unless you want to match up your 25yo build against everyone else's starting at equal footing maybe? You just called like 95% of the island managers losers/cheats :)

• Upvote 1

Mentor fully mentioned he was just fooling around and not back to managing serious fighters. I`m just happy to see him fight every now and then even if its with 25 yr olds at QFC.

On the Island topic everybody knows the Island is made for 25 year olds, the reason: shitty gyms.

If you decide to go in with a young fighter then its at your own risk but everybody knows it is for 25 year olds.

I came really close to winning it with an 18 year old project last year but that`s just me and to this day I don`t know how fast my project learns or if he will ever catch up to his training.