GYMS

SnapDragon

It is currently impossible to create a gym that both makes money and trains at a maximum level. You can create a gym with 100 guys and make money, but its useless outside of sparring. Vise versa, you can create an elite gym, but will lose 10's of thousands a week. I understand the benefits of owning your own gym so im not trying to undermine the advantage it gives to a manager. But unless that manager is rich, or backed financially by an alliance or mentor, it is doomed to fail either by being inadequate, or by losing money. I would just like an option to create an elite lvl gym and just break even. I dont think thats asking for too much especially if your starting a gym from scratch and have to build slowly. One way of doing this is by increasing the coaching skill cap. Another is by increasing the gym fee cap. Why not be able to set the fees to whatever you want? Theres already money laundering so if thats a concern i dont understand why. I dont think the current balance of gyms is fair to any owner. I could create a clothing company without ever designing a single shirt and make millions laundering money. And frankly that option looks more and more appealing every day.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

The cap on how much gym fees is pretty strange. Considering the amount of gyms going out of business (especially public) due to being unable to make a profit is really a problem.

Private gyms should be capped because their generally for private uses but Public shouldn't have any restrictions as far as weekly dues goes. Also think the amount of coaches per a public gym should be increased but with a max amount on how many ELITE level coaches you can have at a time. For example the cap could be 10 Elite level coaches, 10 intermediate level coaches (somewhere in the middle), and have up to 10 rookie level coaches.

This more closely resembles how real gyms work because in reality how many coaches can be truly called elite in real life. Heck I'd even suggesting having the cap for ELITE coaches lowered even further cause in real life maybe a gym will have 1 Elite level guy let alone a whole staff ful of them.

It is currently impossible to create a gym that both makes money and trains at a maximum level. You can create a gym with 100 guys and make money, but its useless outside of sparring. Vise versa, you can create an elite gym, but will lose 10's of thousands a week. I understand the benefits of owning your own gym so im not trying to undermine the advantage it gives to a manager. But unless that manager is rich, or backed financially by an alliance or mentor, it is doomed to fail either by being inadequate, or by losing money. I would just like an option to create an elite lvl gym and just break even. I dont think thats asking for too much especially if your starting a gym from scratch and have to build slowly. One way of doing this is by increasing the coaching skill cap. Another is by increasing the gym fee cap. Why not be able to set the fees to whatever you want? Theres already money laundering so if thats a concern i dont understand why. I dont think the current balance of gyms is fair to any owner. I could create a clothing company without ever designing a single shirt and make millions laundering money. And frankly that option looks more and more appealing every day.

I think you answered your own question.

It's a Tycoon game, meaning it takes time to get stuff done. It is a strategy game.

So yeah, without any outside help the best way to open your private gym is to do a side activity (write for an org, posters, avatars are great $) or to save money for about 6-8 months with another company type (real time) and save enough $ to open your gym. As it should be in a Tycoon game.

On the other hand I do agree good public gyms should have the capability of making a descent profit. But private gyms should cost $ as they give managers a huge advantage.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure if public gyms could charge however much they wanted, the game would enter into an era where there's 3 tiers instead of 2; fighters in private gyms, fighters in public gyms, and fighters who can't afford to train.

There's already that 3rd tier there called noobs.

Opening the amount gyms charge would create different tiered gyms yes but im pretty sure mike intended for people to work their ways up not automatically start with elite level training. Want elite level training? Well you should pay for elite training and the person running the gym should be able to profit off of it for giving people a public option for doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea and then make the game pay to win. Man the only way fighters grow is by training at gyms. If they cant train and should wait some time till they earn money that will spend and then start over again then the game should be called tycoon and not mma. The point is that there are many gyms but not enough fighters.Also already some cant afford to train at a 1k gym that doesn't even offer elite training.

My solutions:

1) Make QFC give some boost to low level skills so people not worry only about gyms

2)Let us have more fighters instead of only 4.