Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

I think one way to implement this that would be simple adjustments to what your fighter should do when his corner thinks he's up/down so much on the card that he can't win/lose a decision. It wouldn't be perfect, of course, but you could code each fighter a 'corner' that works like an average judge (with maybe a higher tendency to think a round might be a draw to avoid strategy changes unless the corner is very sure).

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest this:

Firstly, I think that the fights should be able to be seen real time, maybe not exactly real time, but have it spit out one thing, wait, then spit out the next. Watch-ability would add a LOT to this game.

Then, after that is set up, I think that the feature to slighty tune strategies in between rounds should be implemented. Like, give 3-5 choices of what to, ie. multiple choice:

A. Keep strategy

B. Increase ______ (pick 1 from list)

C. Decrease ______ (pick 1 from list)

D. All Out

E. Conserve All

etc...

I think that if you did both of those, it would be much harder on Mr. Tycoon to implement, but I think that it would be much more rewarding. Even making it so that the first round would go, then give each manager 1 minute to check the fight, and change strategy, and if they do not log in at that time and change it, then the rounds will continue as usual.

Just some ideas..

Honestly, no. I have a fighter in Montreal, and he fights when I am on sleep, so that would be unfair wouldn't it? And if I fight someone who actually lives there, then he is wake when I am on sleep, and I am wake when he is on sleep. It would take a lot of time, and I don't like it at all. Gets too complicated.

Changing anything during a fight in live time is virtually impossible to implement. It will never happen with the main game not just because it would be extraordinarily hard to do but also because it would be absolute carnage trying to get all managers on to do their tactics etc.

In a perfect world all these ideas would be great. But youve got to consider most people are not going to drop everything in their life to play this game. I think the great thing about this game is it doesn't have to consume your life time wise to play it. I mean most people have jobs that wouldn't allow them to be playing a game while on the job. Which may be the case if they have to be online to adjust fight strategies round by round. I feel that with enough experience adjusting the sliders you will be able to accomplish most of what you want to do during the fight.

y not just add another skill to be trained?

INTELLIGENCE

it could be represented as game film and trained just like the physical sessions are. and if u do not train it then it goes down and if u do then it goes up.

the higher your intelligence the more adaptable your fighter will be. so he can adapt in between rounds and it will be done automaticly.

y not just add another skill to be trained?

INTELLIGENCE

it could be represented as game film and trained just like the physical sessions are. and if u do not train it then it goes down and if u do then it goes up.

the higher your intelligence the more adaptable your fighter will be. so he can adapt in between rounds and it will be done automaticly.

According to wiki, already exists.

Intelligence - Does not change through time. This is their natural intelligence and will dictate how readily they will change their gameplan during a fight, if they are losing. An intelligent fighter may also recognise when his opponent is hurt and will go for the kill when appropriate.

According to wiki, already exists.

exaclty right!

thats the reason y say to leave it how it is.

you already have a slider for that. either he goes by a gameplan or hes sees how it goes.

wheres the problem?

i understand the need to make the gameplanning more indepth but changing the tactics in between rounds is not the way to do it.

i think just add more situational sliders would be ok but not so detailed that average mma knowledge cant figure it out.

QUOTE (MMATycoon @ Jun 20 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Changing anything during a fight in live time is virtually impossible to implement. It will never happen with the main game not just because it would be extraordinarily hard to do but also because it would be absolute carnage trying to get all managers on to do their tactics etc.

Thank you very much

Not a fan of the idea. I don't think any fighter says "I'm gonna throw punches and go for the takedown in the first... and go for some head kicks in the 2nd and try some stick and move tactics in the 3rd"

After the first round a fighter does 1 or 2 things
1) sticks to his gameplan
2) see's how it goes

We have both those options.

the hidden intelligence attribute would regulate how receptive a fighter is to studying film

how much opponent knowledge u could accumulate on a fighter thru film study would regulate how u would want to set your sliders(see how it goes/stick to the gameplan)

a new bar would be displayed showing how much knowledge u have gained on your opponent

it would reset for every new opponent, and be stored for rematches

studying film would have the same physical effects on a fighter as not training at all except u wouldnt recieve any pay

how many fights your opponent has had would also factor into how much opponent knowledge you could gain per session. They haven’t fought enuff to become predictable

hype would also effect opponent knowledge gains becos ure fighter would be susseptable to taking a low hyped opponent lightly and not paying full attention while studying film or vice versa

I keep seeing "study film" "study film"

Okay Vince Lombardi's and Bill Belicheck's this is not football.

If you want to study film, buy VIP, click on your opponent, read the play by play in his fights, go down to the statistics, and look at them, come up with a percentage, determine a tactic strategy.

it's pretty simple and if you can't do it then you fail.

I keep seeing "study film" "study film"

Okay Vince Lombardi's and Bill Belicheck's this is not football.

If you want to study film, buy VIP, click on your opponent, read the play by play in his fights, go down to the statistics, and look at them, come up with a percentage, determine a tactic strategy.

it's pretty simple and if you can't do it then you fail.

first off i am vip and im top 150

second, do u honestly think that real fighters do not watch tape of there opponents?

third, the thread is about being able to change tactics during a fight so i was tryin to come up with a realistic way to enable a fighter to change there tactics.

also film study would give a slight boost to countering ability

QUOTE (edwardsfan @ Jun 27 2009, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first off i am vip and im top 150

second, do u honestly think that real fighters do not watch tape of there opponents?

third, the thread is about being able to change tactics during a fight so i was tryin to come up with a realistic way to enable a fighter to change there tactics.

also film study would give a slight boost to countering ability

first off lol... you being VIP and your rank is irrelevant (edited. feel like I'll jinx myself. I'd like to stay in top 100)

second everybody who keeps sayin film study are idiots. Not trying to be rude but that's what we have a play by play for (why else would mike tycoon waste his time to do a very detailed play by play if it wasn't meant to be looked at as "studying film") you're supposed to adjust your tactics bar accordingly

third; how bout we take away play by play and only see the end result of the fight, then add film study so we can see the play by play, yeah that'll make everybody happy

my point is different tactics every round EXIST ALREADY; adjust the "stick to gameplan (the gameplan that you set up) or see how it goes (if you suck at gameplanning your fighter will do something else.)"

/default/suicide_anim.gif

edwardsfan, nothing against you, but I never said they don't watch film. so read my post before responding or it'll end up with a response like this lol... there is already an ability to watch game film but the fact is that some people are too stupid to realize it, if you're one of those people then sucks to be you

i said that so u would know that im not someone thats havin trouble settin ther sliders and tryin to lobby for help. the thread was about a way to change tactics. if u read back i said word for word the same thing u just said only more politly. im against it also. but, what youve failed to realize is, is tycoon obviously wants to do somethin with the tactics so if its gonna happen then i want it to be somethin that will still make it an even playing field for everybody. which it still wouldnt be becos someone smart like u that can set there sliders would be able to train physical attributes 100% of the time and someone that has to take time away from training for the ability to adjust there sliders will eventually fall behind anyway.

i just think rather than just allowing a manager to put the slider on see how it goes and everything changing if its not working. allow a session of film study instead of physical training so that they at least have to earn the ability to change there tactics.

but again im like u. y change it? but i wonder how the folks that havent grasp it quite yet are feelin? there probly just innactives now.

u dont c but one point of view do u?

i said that so u would know that im not someone thats havin trouble settin ther sliders and tryin to lobby for help. the thread was about a way to change tactics. if u read back i said word for word the same thing u just said only more politly. im against it also. but, what youve failed to realize is, is tycoon obviously wants to do somethin with the tactics so if its gonna happen then i want it to be somethin that will still make it an even playing field for everybody. which it still wouldnt be becos someone smart like u that can set there sliders would be able to train physical attributes 100% of the time and someone that has to take time away from training for the ability to adjust there sliders will eventually fall behind anyway.

i just think rather than just allowing a manager to put the slider on see how it goes and everything changing if its not working. allow a session of film study instead of physical training so that they at least have to earn the ability to change there tactics.

but again im like u. y change it? but i wonder how the folks that havent grasp it quite yet are feelin? there probly just innactives now.

u dont c but one point of view do u?

I have the uncanny ability to look at any view from many different perspectives :winner:

This is something I never said which coulda effected the way my post came out, but the idea you came up with isn't a bad idea. If it makes you feel better I do see what you're saying about the film study, to increase the fighters hidden intelligence or what not, makes sense. But when you think outside the box... or in this case, inside the box (the box bein the game) prolly better of not existing.

I wanted to bring this up myself, though it brings other questions for me.Do leg kicks effect mobiliity/shots etc. cause tkos? I'd really like to be able to take out a dangerous boxers legs early and then go toe to toe etc. but I don't know what trategies are viable as I've only been playing a short time.It would also be nice to have power sliders for different strikes.If my guy has stellar punch technique but garbage kicks, why do I have to waste energy trying to throw hard kicks when I could knock him into next week with a hook?There are greater startegic implications as well I'm sure.

Leg kicks can't cause a TKO, but I'm fairly certain they do effect mobility, likely chipping away at the fighter's agility (which mainly effects stand up). You do not have to throw kicks if you don't want to. This is controllable through the sliders. Just max out the punching slider.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be awesome if you could set how your fighter reacts to different situations. Like "If you have landed X% leg kicks in the round, change [select slider] to Y", you know? And then select if you want to keep kicking the legs and lets say start attempting takedowns, cause his legs are easier to take out or if you maybe want to start getting closer and punching him in the mouth." But there would have to be limits. Like only be able to change 5 sliders per situation, because no one would change their whole gameplan in real life, they would just adjust certain aspects. Also, only have a maximum of 3 situations to which your fighters can adapt, so that no one would be ready for EVERYTHING. Of course, you would be able to change there 3 situations. Then, each manager would have to evaluate their fighters skills more thoroughly, determine in what situations their fighter might end up in most likely against the opponent and find ways to adapt to them.

Just mah' 2 cents.