NFL Playoffs predictions

Next year Da Bears.

I hope so... but they have a lot of holes to fix on that defense. We might be saying goodbye to some players who were long time Bears as a result.

I hope so... but they have a lot of holes to fix on that defense. We might be saying goodbye to some players who were long time Bears as a result.

I can see the Bears taking a LB with their first pick in the draft this year. The D just isn't as dominant as it used to be. The offense definitely has the weapons there, so I think the defensive side of the ball is their main focus.

Let me make this CLEAR lol,i LIVE in tampa,i am not a Bucs fan,im from DC... notice i said THEY... lol but 2 seasons ago,a few players less,they had a solid offense with a coach worth firing and a crack addict QB (Josh- True story) While Lovie got aced out of chi-town for no offense,i think yall got worse without him.Like Primetime said after their loss week 17,why pay all that money to cutler when they NEED like 4 people to fix that defense for the same price?

But to the Bucs,Lovie already chose his OC i think... and i dont knkw much about him,fix the O-Line and QB situation and they should be able to score....

My skins are effed :(

Let me make this CLEAR lol,i LIVE in tampa,i am not a Bucs fan,im from DC... notice i said THEY... lol but 2 seasons ago,a few players less,they had a solid offense with a coach worth firing and a crack addict QB (Josh- True story) While Lovie got aced out of chi-town for no offense,i think yall got worse without him.Like Primetime said after their loss week 17,why pay all that money to cutler when they NEED like 4 people to fix that defense for the same price?

But to the Bucs,Lovie already chose his OC i think... and i dont knkw much about him,fix the O-Line and QB situation and they should be able to score....

My skins are effed :(

Nice, I'm from DC too, some year we've had... We should talk about how much we hate Dan Snyder some time

What a freakin idiot,and shanahan put us in horrid position going forward,every year we NEVER have draft picks thanks to snyder

At least you guys picked a good HC replacement. I think Jay Gruden will do just fine. He is a great offensive minded coach and should be able to get rid of the read-option that you guys never had the right players for.

Read option with no scat back smh, i was pissed we traded up to get RGIII but if we can use a run and shoot playbook changing his release point and WAIT until he is 100% then we will be fine, but i have wanted us to upgrade our offensive line for the last 9 years

You guys have a steady base to build around on offense (RGIII, Morris, Garcon) and defense (Orakpo, Carriker, Riley) when everyone is healthy.

Read option with no scat back smh, i was pissed we traded up to get RGIII

RGIII is an amazing talent and a fearless competitor. When he's in the game there's always a chance to win no matter what the score is.

but if we can use a run and shoot playbook changing his release point and WAIT until he is 100% then we will be fine

I wonder what Warren Moon thinks of the read option. The run and shoot was a decent offense in its day.... isn't that kinda what the Eagles did this year with all of the spread stuff?

but i have wanted us to upgrade our offensive line for the last 9 years

LOL... I think every team needs to upgrade their O-Line. There's no such thing as a good one anymore as there's never enough QB protection.

You guys have a steady base to build around on offense (RGIII, Morris, Garcon) and defense (Orakpo, Carriker, Riley) when everyone is healthy.

Just get rid of that Merriweather dude.... He's a head hunter and he's gonna turn himself into Rocky Balboa with all of those helmet to helmet hits.

The eagles ran more of a spread option just with a pocket QB and a no huddle,it works when you have fast players to stretch the field and get the RB (mccoy) in open space,but the Run and shoot is more of a bootleg style offense where the QB release point is moved resulting in easier throws (and less sacks) especially in short yardage.

I agree about Merriweather, i think he doesnt know who he is hitting half of the time, him and Desean Goldson from TB are always suspended for hitting

I think the Seahawks will beat the 49ers and the Patriots will beat the Broncos. Then I have the Patriots over the Seahawks

As much as i want Denver to win over the seahawks, i think Mike is right, the pats look so much better with Blount running like he needs a job nowadays....

Then again,Marshawn runs like he needs a job every day

I agree about Merriweather, i think he doesnt know who he is hitting half of the time, him and Desean Goldson from TB are always suspended for hitting

Dashon Goldson. and that's cuz the NFL turned into the no-hit league. It's horseshit. Legends like Dick Butkus, Jack Tatum, Steve Atwater, LT, John Lynch, Jack Lambert, fuck man the list goes on and on, these players don't exist in today's football. Hell, they go bankrupt playing in today's league and by the time they get cut for being suspended their entire contracts or being forced to play half-ass Dashon Goldson "please don't fine me for tackling" football, they'd owe the league money.

Aside from that horse shit, I'm 8-0 in this years playoffs predictions.

49ers over Packers

Saints over Eagles

Chargers over Bengals

Colts over Chiefs

49ers over Panthers

Broncos over Chargers

Seahawks over Saints

Patriots over Colts

Here's my remaining choices. I've never had a clean streak in the playoffs before. Torn between these teams especially 49ers and Seahawks, the toughest picks to make and both games can go either way. The best 4 teams in the league made it to the championships, something that hasn't happened in a long time.

Patriots over Broncos

Seahawks over 49ers

Patriots over Seahawks

Bronco's or Patriots will win the Super Bowl. My logical reasoning in a nutshell? They're playing on the east coast, outside, in a stadium where it's supposed to be freezing by game time. Patriots and Bronco's live in that environment. They play in it the second half of the season. I have the Patriots edging out the Bronco's. And ultimately going with Seahawks because of homefield advantage, but I originally and gut instinct is telling me to take the 49ers... ultimately I just can't go against the homefield advantage. It's irrelevant anyway, because winner of NE vs Den will win the super bowl.

^^^ doesn't mean other shit can't happen. Opinion / Hypothesis. Anything can happen any given Sunday, but I make these predictions with confidence.

Only time Tom Brady ever wins the Super Bowl is when he has "nobody" on offense. This is one of those years.

I also put $20 that this is how the playoffs would play out, except I have 49ers beating Seahawks and facing Patriots, with the Patriots winning. The payout will be pretty significant but my opinion as of right now, Seahawks vs Patriots in the Super Bowl. But go 49ers, for money's sake.

Edited by CKeppelrun
  • Upvote 1

My biggest issue with the Patriots is the one time they faced a tough NFC defense (Carolina in week 11) they lost. Then again if I remember correctly there was a lot of controversy at the end of that game.

Plus Blount did it against an Indianapolis run defense that was 26th in the league.

My biggest issue with the Patriots is the one time they faced a tough NFC defense (Carolina in week 11) they lost. Then again if I remember correctly there was a lot of controversy at the end of that game.

Plus Blount did it against an Indianapolis run defense that was 26th in the league.

Look at their Super Bowl teams. Who was their offensive weapons? Troy Brown, Antwan Smith, Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk, Daniel Graham, Deion Branch, David Patten? Good players. Solid players. but far from 'great' players in the terms of being universally recognized like a Randy Moss, Wes Welker (overrated), or a Gronkowski / Hernandez. Their unsung hero was a kicker, Adam Vinetari.

Damn Chris youre killing it,and i agree on the hitting,i can understand helmet to helmet but all that defenseless reciever crap went out the window when linebackers started playing X,Y,Z and TE positions and runnimg people over after the catch.

Even now,a big hit doesnt mean throw a flag but the refs do it,ruining my sport when i was in college and semi-pro with these rules i wouldve been flagged every play at SS and RB (cant lower your shoulder wth?)

But as far as Blount goes, yeah he did it against a 26th ranked run D, now hes playing against a 31st ranked run D missing its best defensive player due to poppin mollys

I want denver to win but thats tough

Damn Chris youre killing it,and i agree on the hitting,i can understand helmet to helmet but all that defenseless reciever crap went out the window when linebackers started playing X,Y,Z and TE positions and runnimg people over after the catch.

Even now,a big hit doesnt mean throw a flag but the refs do it,ruining my sport when i was in college and semi-pro with these rules i wouldve been flagged every play at SS and RB (cant lower your shoulder wth?)

But as far as Blount goes, yeah he did it against a 26th ranked run D, now hes playing against a 31st ranked run D missing its best defensive player due to poppin mollys

I want denver to win but thats tough

Yea it was the same thing back when I used to play semi pro bad mitten.

I meant against Seattle's D. I expect him to have a huge game against Denver.