Listerman Fighting Circuit - Official Smack Talk Thread

listerman

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1378729255LFC7.jpg

LFC 7: Pettis vs Behringer

Brett: Welcome to another edition of LFC Hype! Today we will talk about LFC's upcoming event, LFC 7: Pettis vs Behringer. What's so special about this event? It's the first ever LFC title fight! Oh yeah, Anthony Pettis will be fighting Samick Behringer for the Middleweight Championship belt, this is going to be insanely insane!

Brett: Since Jared isn't back from the bathroom yet, I will go ahead without him. Let's go through the under cards quickly.

UNDERCARDS

-- -- --

Brett: First fight will be a lightweight battle between Killa Kill and Cameron "Voodoo" Samura. Will be an interesting fight since both of those fighters are still looking for their first Pro MMA win. Kill will have a huge advantage if the fight goes to the ground.

Jared: Hey Brett, I'm back. Man, those nachos went straight down..

Brett: ehm Jared, we're live..

Jared: Oh.. uh.. yeah.. so the event will be hmm.. I don't know, take over and I'll catch up..

Brett: Second bout of the evening will be between Cole Maxwell and Stevey "The Yetti" Ferritti. Maxwell will be looking to stay at distance and use his boxing, while Ferritti will try to bring the fight early to the ground.

Jared: I'll do the third fight, I'm up to speed now. Third bout of the evening,

will feature a BJJ fighter, Roger Noguer, and an excellent boxer, Zlato "War" Kuzmejniev. I hope I said his name correctly, been practicing for about half an hour in the bathroom. This could be a quick finish from both sides.

Brett: Still in the undercard world, and once again, between a boxer and a BJJ practitionner. Kirby Navs and Smacky "Whap" Slappy will face each other, where Navs will try to bring this fight to the ground. We've seened Slappy here before, and despite losing a close decision, he showed he was Pro MMA material, so let's see what he does here.

Jared: Last undercard bout of the evening, Troy "The Brawler" Roman against Ray "fixer" Fixer, in a light heavyweight battle. Fixer is a LFC veteran and will be welcoming Roman to the circuit. Should be a good matchup!

Brett: That's it for the undercard fights, let's go straight to the main cards for this title night!

MAIN CARDS

-- -- --

Yuma "Flash" Ozawa (1-0-0) vs. Terrence "Pyrex" Thornton (1-0-0)

Welterweight bout (170lbs)

Brett: Starting off the main card with a fight between two welterweight rising stars. Ozawa looked really good at LFC 2 even if he couldn't finish his opponent.

Jared: He will have to step up his game here against Thornton, who's good in pretty much all aspects of the game. With his finish over Mazzuca at LFC NY 1, it was enough to see that this guy means business. I don't think he will lay and pray and bring this fight to the judges, he will be looking for another finish and show the LFC that he would look good with that belt around his waist.

Brett: Ozawa looks in great shape though. I saw a little of him at his training camp, man, this guy is a machine. I just can't wait to see this matchup, should be a great one!

-- -- --

"Mon Chum" Remi Perrier (1-0-0) vs. Merry "Lovely" Lilac (2-0-0)

Middleweight bout (185lbs)

Jared: Middleweights with a good grappling background, this is going to be lovely! That's what I love to watch. Perrier is coming off a close decision win in New York against another grappler, so this shows he's comfortable on the ground, even against superior BJJ guys.

Brett: Yes, but this here will be different. Lilac also enjoys the ground game, but he's more a wrestler than a BJJ guy. He won't look for submissions, but for punches in the face, so this could be a real challenge for Perrier.

Jared: We've seen Lilac fight on his tapes with DMFC, and he sure dominated his opponents! When I had a chat with Perrier about this bout, he said "he is a strong adversary, I look at he fights. He put good show, but I'm win the fight". Man, this guy's english is worst than GSP's, it was just horrible.

Brett: He seemed confident, but this is yet to be seen comes fight time.

-- -- --

Trevor "Pussy Willow" Godsey (1-0-0) vs. John Marston (2-1-0)

Lightweight bout (155lbs)

Jared: Let's get ready for a fight that should take most of it's time on the ground. Godsey started with a win by TKO with the LFC, and will be looking to do the same against BJJ fighter, Marston.

Brett: Marston is a really good BJJ practitioner though, there's no way he will give out an easy fight. He will go for the submission finish, no doubt.

Jared: He did start with a loss at his first LFC fight, but it was against top lightweight contender, so he can't be taken for granted.

Brett: It will be a nice fight to watch. I'd say the most intelligent fighter should get the win here.

-- -- --

Osiris Loveladdy (4-1-0) vs. Evan "The Event" Horizon (2-0-0)

Heavyweight bout (265lbs)

Brett: This is a fight that will be worth watching! It is the co-main event of the evening! The stacked heavyweight division is still looking for it's first champion, and those 2 are in the run for the number one spot. The winner here will get a shot at the vacant title, so this is going to be a war!

Jared: Exactly Brett. We've seen both these fighters here before, and they sure can put on a fight. Loveladdy is more than ready for this fight. Like he said, "Horizon is just another guy standing in the way of my future", so this is promising! The guy wants nothing less but that title!

Brett: Horizon is a tough opponent though. He's a very young prospect and he has the potential to do great things. Question is, will it start here, at LFC 7?

Jared: Hard to say, but I know he's ready to face anyone and he will put up a fight, I can guarantee this.

-- -- --

Anthony "Showtime" Pettis (5-0-0) vs. Samick "Analog" Behringer (2-0-0)

Brett: This is it folks! The main event of the evening! It is, the first ever title fight in the LFC history!

Jared: And it will be a good one! "Showtime" Pettis is showing a record of 5-0, all wins by submissions, 4 of them early in the first round, that's impressive!

Brett: Some say his weakness could be his cardio, but you can't judge what you haven't seen yet. I know he trains like a beast in the gym, so I don't think it would be an issue.

Jared: He's very quick and he has incredible takedown skills.

Brett: Behringer is no stranger to the sport though. He's a tough and confident fighter with a good BJJ background. Pettis does like the submission wins, but Behringer should be good enough defensively to defend anything coming his way. He likes to control the fight and bring it wherever he's more comfortable. His takedowns are accurate and very good, so this fight will be determined by whoever gets the first takedown I'd say.

Jared: I'm sure the fight won't stay too long on the feet, and I have a feeling this will be fight of the night. Who's gonna walk off the stage with the LFC's middleweight belt around his waist? Turn your TV to channel 349 and don't miss anything from LFC Hype!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1378740784LFC8.jpg

-- -- --

Brett: Ladies, gentlement, Jared... We are set for the preview of LFC 8: Ever vs Conlon. This is the first ever LFC Lightweight title fight, and it's between two LFC veteran!

Jared: Exactly Brett, both these fighters have been with the LFC since it first started, and man do they want that belt. Listerman told me earlier that Ever was looking forward to that fight, and he's pretty confident that he will take home the gold.

Brett: Let's get this started!

-- -- --

"The" Canadian Hero (2-2-0) vs. Tom Thomas (1-3-0)

Brett: We start off the main card with an interesting lightweight matchup, between two fighters that could easily become title challengers in a few months.

Jared: Their records doesn't show much, but those guys are just as good as it gets. When you fight the best, that's the kind of record you end up with, and are just getting started in their career.

Brett: Of course. Thomas fought Conlon at his first fight with the LFC, and he gave him one hell of a fight. As for Hero, we haven't seen him yet in the circuit, but we heard good things about him. This will be a really good fight to watch, expect the fight to go to the ground.

-- -- --

Yann "Death Trap" Phok (7-6-0) vs. Wayne "Wildlife" Wagner (1-1-0)

Heavyweight bout (265lbs)

Jared: Get ready for a heavyweight clash between 2 top contenders! Wagner has fought here before, and is looking to start racking up wins. He's looking for no less than that heavyweight title.

Brett: It's no surprise Jared, I mean, everyone aims for that, but there's something about Wagner's look. He looks more determined than any other fighters in the division, so this could be interesting. Phok is new to the LFC, but he's no noob when it comes to the sport. The veteran will be looking to get past Wagner and start climbing the LFC's heavyweight division. He has the skills for it, we just have to wait and see if his will and determination will be strong enough to start that right here, at LFC 8.

-- -- --

Tenchi Mu Yo (1-0-0) vs. Johnny Mayweather (2-0-0)

Brett: When you talk about contenders, you can't forget about these two right here. I will let Jared introduce them, the poor little fella is waving for a chance to speak.

Jared: Thank you Brett, about time you shut up. Like Brett said, Mu Yo and Mayweather will be battling each other, and I don't think it will last too long?

Brett: And why's that?

Jared: Simple: Mu Yo is an excellent wrestler and possesses mad BJJ skills, so if the fight goes to the ground, it will only be a matter of seconds before he gets a submission locked in. But on the other end, if that fight stays standing long enough for Mayweather to land something, Mu Yo will go to the ground, but all by himself, and I don't think he would even be conscious. Mayweather is a brutal striker and he hits you like a train.

Brett: Ever been hit by a train Jared?

Jared: Shut up Brett.

-- -- --

Justin "The Beast" Jackson Jr (2-1-0) vs. Ricky "The Bear" White (1-1-0)

Brett: Co-main event of the evening, featuring lightweight contenders! Jackson Jr is back for the third time in the LFC's cage, and he will be facing Listerman's prodigee, Ricky White.

Jared: I had a few words with White a few days ago, and when I asked him about his nickname, "The Bear", he told me it came from his fellow high school wrestling partners who couldn't do anything against his bear hugs. I thought it was worth mentionning.

Brett: Wow Jared, I have to record you and make you listen to yourself. Man you're boring. This fight will go to the ground, that's just easy to predict. Both fighters are excellent wrestlers, but I think Jackson Jr will have the advantage, since he's a top BJJ practitionner. He avenged his only loss and he's in the shape of his life, at least that's what his coaches told us.

-- -- --

Best "Fighter" Ever (5-1-0) vs. Sean "Irish Car Bomb" Conlon (2-0-0)

Jared: Ready for the main event of the evening?

Brett: I sure am, how about you?

Jared: Like Macho Man would say, "Ooooh Yeah!". This is the fight everyone has been waiting for. The fight for the vacant lightweight title. Who will come home 20 pounds heavier?

Brett: Dude the belt is not 20 pounds, what the hell are you talking about?

Jared: I don't know, just take over, I'm going home...

Brett: Woohoo! It's all me now! Okay, this fight will sure be interesting. On paper, Colon should be able to control the fight, like he did in all his fights, but if the fight goes to the ground and Ever is on top, chances are he will pound Conlon's face so hard that he could get the finish. Conlon usually dominates his opponents, but will he be able to do it for 5 straight rounds? Ever is a very good grappler, and he usually finishes his fights. He's been waiting for a shot at the title since the first day he joined the LFC, he will stop at nothing, I'm telling you.

I'm gonna have to cut this short guys, I hope you have a great time watching LFC 8! I have to go see Jared, I can hear him crying in the background, so have a good one!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1379079267LFC10.jpg

LFC 10: Laiveta vs Pepper

-- -- --

Brett: Hello and welcome to LFC Hype! Today's event preview is brought to you by LFC's main sponsor, Rush Supplements! Another title is on the line here at LFC 10, this time, it's the welterweight championship! Here are the main card fights for the event:

-- -- --

Melech "The Mauler" Mazar (1-0-0) vs. Paul Girouard (1-1-0)

Jared: First main card fight of the evening is a welterweight bout between 2 wrestlers. They're both coming off a win in the LFC, but they are yet to finish a fight.

Brett: That's right. Both fighters have an excellent wrestling background, but they are still transitioning to mixed martial arts, so they still strongly focus on their wrestling abilities.

Jared: Mazar has only 1 fight to show on his professional record, but he's determined and has what it takes to make a great career in the MMA. A wrestler with a good chin is the best background you could have.

Brett: Girouard will be a tough opponent that's for sure. He likes to shoot for takedowns and control the fight on the ground, so the better wrestler will get the win here. This fight will probably go the distance, but I could be wrong.

-- -- --

Mike Nygard (4-1-0) vs. Charles Ouellette (2-1-0)

Brett: Interesting fight right here. It's the kind of fight I wouldn't put money on, since I don't have a single clue who could win. All I can say, is that the winner here has a chance of getting a shot at the title.

Jared: Nygard has been around for a while, and he showed that he could dominate his opponents. He can strike, and he has a good wrestling background, so he can pretty much do it all.

Brett: Yeah but he will have to be careful on the ground with Ouellette. He's a very good grappler, he's showed in the past the a quick submission isn't something hard for him. To top that, he's not afraid to bang, so wherever this fight goes, no one will have the edge in the fight, only the one with the better heart I'd say.

Jared: Potentially fight of the night for sure.

-- -- --

Little "Titch" Man (2-0-0) vs. Nelly "The Champ" Haynes (3-2-1)

Brett: Another interesting fight, since it's the same thing as for last fight, the winner might get a shot at the title. It all depends what the results of both fights will be.

Jared: We have 2 very skilled fighters right here. They are known withing the LFC and are loved by the fans. Man is looking to keep his record intact. He like to bring the fight to the ground, his submission wins speak for themselves.

Brett: Yes, but Haynes is no stranger to the ground game. He's an accurate striker and likes to win by submissions, so this will be a really good fight to watch.

Jared: Always good to see a fight between contenders who are evenly matched. Can't wait to see it in action!

-- -- --

Taite "The Ripper" Laiveta (5-0-0) vs. Dr Pepper (7-1-0)

Brett: Let's go down a weight class, this is the main event of the evening! The vacant Welterweight Championship belt is on the line, and this will be a great fight!

Jared: Have to say, Laiveta is an incredible striker. 4 times out of 5 where he got KO of the night award. How crazy is that?

Brett: It's all about the kicks. You know it's coming, but somehow, he still knocks you out with it. He will be looking to keep his perfect record, and go back home with the belt around his waist, but it won't be easy. Could even be the toughest fight of his career right here.

Jared: Oh yeah, for sure! If you want to see a good mix of submission finishes, take a look at all of Pepper's fights. The only thing he hasn't done yet is a Triple Decker Pecker Wrecker. But in all seriousness, if this fight goes to the ground, he will get the submission win, no doubt about it.

Brett: For sure, but that is IF the fight goes to the ground.

-- -- --

Brett: That's a wrap folks! Like always, the LFC is hosting some crazy awesome events. Remember to support our sponsors, Rush Supplements and Elite Canadian Threads who are providing us with some great products. Have a good night!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://jamesraven.webs.com/MMATycoon/LFC/ListermanReportHeader.png

EPISODE #001

LFC 14: NOTTLE VS. JACKSON JR.

OCTOBER 26, 2013

"THE UNDERGROUND" in MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA!

http://jamesraven.webs.com/MMATycoon/LFC/HostHeader.png

The camera fades in on what appears to be the set of a public access television talk show. While mostly barren and dimly lit two plush looking armchairs can be seen, each occupied by a man hidden in shadows. A fast paced musical introduction begins to play and after a moment spotlights rise on the stage revealing the two men for the first time. The man on our left grins from ear to ear, running his fingers through his feathered brown hair before taking an excited breath and beginning to speak.

MICHAELS: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the inaugural edition of The Listerman Report, your new home for all things LFC related! I'm your host, Ryan Michaels, and with me is my co-host and former American Kickboxing champion, Damien Draven! Damien, how excited are you to be here?!

The camera shifts to Damien, who simply shrugs his shoulders indifferently and looks into the distance blankly. We shift back to Ryan Michaels, who seems confused by his co-hosts lack of interest. Realizing that the camera has returned to him he smiles once more and moves on.

MICHAELS: Tonight we're looking ahead to LFC 14 which takes place October 26th at The Underground, right here in Montreal! The main event pits Augustus Fink Nottle against Justin Jackson Jr. to crown the second ever LFC Lightweight champion! "The Irish Car Bomb" Sean Conlon was of course stripped of the belt shortly after he captured it at LFC 8, and now these two men will get their shot at glory as a result!

DRAVEN: What a punk.

Ryan Michaels seems caught off guard by the quip from his partner.

MICHAELS: Excuse me?

DRAVEN: Sean Conlon. I think he's a punk.

MICHAELS: Do you have anything to back up that opinion?

DRAVEN: Of course I do. He got stripped of a title belt before even defending it once. Do you know why that happens, Ryan?

MICHAELS: Why?

DRAVEN: Because you're a punk. Case closed.

Ryan stares blankly at Damien, but the former kickboxing great doesn't seem to care as he stares back with an absurd amount of self-confidence. Finally Ryan shakes his head and looks back into the camera, refusing to humor Damiens fighter bashing any further.

TREVOR GODSEY

VS.
KELVIN GUILLET

155 LBS.

MICHAELS: Before our championship hopefuls step into cage, we have a full night of fights. After whats sure to be an action packed undercard, our first televised fight pits Trevor "Pussy Willow" Godsey against Kelvin "KG" Guillet in the Lightweight division.

DRAVEN: Excuse me? What was that first guys nickname?

MICHAELS: "Pussy Willow".

Damien drops his head into his hands in despair, at a loss for words as he mumbles something inaudible.

MICHAELS: You may scoff at the moniker, but his results are unarguable as his record stands at 2-0 with both wins coming in the LFC via TKO. Known for his devastating ground and pound Godsey has yet to meet a man that can keep up with him on the mat! His most telling statistic is his ground strikes, of which he's landed 35 in 46 attempts!

DRAVEN: Let's be honest, Ryan, neither of the cans he's crushed have had the wrestling skill or jiu jitsu technique that Guillet has.

Ryan seems almost surprised at the legitimate contribution from Damien, but with a smile similar to that of a proud parent he nods and continues his rundown.

MICHAELS: That's a great point, Damien. Kelvin is a jiu jitsu purple belt with three submission victories to his name, all coming in the QFC 168 Tournament which he won with very little trouble. However, he's yet to fight in the LFC and has yet to fight someone who could punish him on the ground like Trevor can. Neither of these men are strong on their feet-

DRAVEN: You mean where MEN fight?

MICHAELS: That's one way of putting it. This fight is going to the ground, folks, it's just a matter of who can get it there first and get the better of the scrambles! Ground and pound versus jiu jitsu! It's going to be a fun one.

JIMMY PALMER

VS.

ALDERIC ALEXANDER

265 LBS.

MICHAELS: In our next televised bout we jump from Lightweight to Heavyweight, where former Canadian Olympic boxer Alderic Alexander makes his LFC debut against Jimmy Palmer, a man that many think may be next in line for a title shot in the Heavyweight division. This fight is going to be your traditional "striker vs. grappler" match up as Alderic, of course, brings very high level boxing against Palmers superb wrestling and jiu jitsu blue belt.

DRAVEN: I've seen Alexander box before. He's very technical, and packs a lot of power, but in his first MMA fight he went 0 for 4 on his punching combinations before being taken down and submitted. C'mon, Alderic! You were an Olympian! Land a freaking punch!

Ryan motions for Damian to settle down, looking uncomfortably at the camera as Damians face begins to turn bright red. Damian takes a deep breath, reaching behind his arm chair and pulling out a brown paper bag that's clearly hiding a bottle.

MICHAELS: You can't drink on the air!!!

DRAVEN: I'm brown bagging it, man. You don't know what's in here. Now, I need to calm my nerves if I'm going to keep doing this show. If you don't like it, kick me off the air and do it yourself!

MICHAELS: I'm not going to do that, Damian.

DRAVEN: I'd love to see you try, kid. I'd shin you in the temple quicker than you could blink.

Ryan clears his throat and shudders a little bit, but quickly returns focus to the camera as Damian takes a deep swig from his bottle and burps loudly.

MICHAELS: Alderic was indeed taken down and submitted in the first round of his professional debut, but most people overlook the fact that he actually stuffed the first 4 takedown attempts of the fight against a wrestler that's almost as good as Jimmy Palmer. Also, while yes he was submitted, he managed to defend against 5 attempts from a jiu jitsu purple belt. Will Palmers blue belt be enough against a man that clearly has above average submission defense?

DRAVEN: Who cares?! Knock him out, Alderic! Keep him on his feet, and punch him in the teeth!

MICHAELS: I'm sure that's exactly what he'll be looking to do, but it'll be a tough task as Palmer has 82% success on his takedowns, and a 55% landing rate on his very formidable ground and pound that's landed 43 strikes combined against his last two opponents. One punch from Alderic can end it, but that might be his only chance to put this one away and take home the victory!

BEST EVER

VS.

CANADIAN HERO

155 LBS.

Ryan checks his cue cards for the next match on the fight card and grins as he reads the names, taking a moment to collect himself before looking back up at the camera.

MICHAELS: Moving on, and back to the Lightweight division, we'll see Best "Fighter" Ever take on "The" Canadian Hero.

DRAVEN: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SERIOUSLY?!

MICHAELS: Relax, Damian.

DRAVEN: Relax? You're seriously going to read out those names, and then tell me to relax? They sound like cartoon characters! One of their nicknames is "The" for Gods sake! Holy hell, I'm going to need to get tanked if I'm going to do this job long term...

Damian takes another deep swig from his bottle, still fuming as Ryan looks back into the camera and begins his breakdown.

MICHAELS: Now, this fight is interesting for a few reasons. First let's take a look at Best Ever, a man whose last fight was actually for the Lightweight title against Sean Conlon! One of the most electric 155'ers in the LFC, he holds an overall record of 5-2 (2-1 within the company) and is without a doubt looking to work his way back into title contention. With deadly knockout power and a KO of the Night award on his mantle, he'll be looking to take down Canadian Hero and pound him into submission!

DRAVEN: I can't believe that you can say those names with a straight face.

Damian drinks yet again.

MICHAELS: In the other corner, Canadian Hero made his LFC debut with a submission victory in his last fight, raising his record to 3-2. It was notably his first fight in the Lightweight division after fighting his first 4 fights a full two divisions lower! In fact, Hero didn't even gain the extra 20 pounds from 135, and generally steps into the cage at about 145 without cutting a single pound!

DRAVEN: So, in other words he's dumb?

MICHAELS: You may say that, but it was arguably the best performance of his career! Known as a formidable kicker, with strong muay thai technique, Hero likes to chop away at his opponents legs before taking them down to the canvas and looking for a submission where he's gotten 2 on 12 attempts. That'll be tough against Best Ever who also has a purple belt to match Canadian Heros, and has a formidable 82% accuracy on his ground and pound.

DRAVEN: Wait, did you say one guy is a muay thai fighter?

MICHAELS: Yes.

Damian Draven pumps his fist in excitement and shouts in support.

DRAVEN: Go kickboxer! Make me proud, kid! Even if your name does suck!

MICHAEL: It may not be the stand up war you're hoping for, Damian. Canadian Hero has better wrestling than former Lightweight champion, Sean Conlon, who Best Ever failed to take down in 7 attempts in their title tilt. If Hero wants to keep this on his feet, he might be able to, but he's gone to the mat in every fight he's had even when he was dominating with the striking game, and given Best Evers substantial size advantage that may not be in his best interest. There are a lot of factors at play here, and I for one can't wait to see the result!

TERRENCE THORNTON

VS.

TENCHI MU YO

170 LBS.

MICHAELS: As we move on to the co-main event of the evening we see Terrence Thornton go toe to toe with Tenchi Mu Yo in the Welterweight division. Both men are undefeated at 2-0, and both have fought both of their bouts in the LFC. With one decision apiece, Thornton adds a TKO to his record while Mu Yo is a former submission of the night winner.

DRAVEN: Wait, Terrence Thornton? I know him! He's a very solid stand up fighter!

MICHAELS: To be fair, he's very solid on the mat as well, with a jiu jitsu purple belt and very proficient wrestling.

DRAVEN: Yeah, but who cares about that? This kid can crack skulls! He's tall and has exceptional reach, especially in his legs, which he should look to use against Tenchi in this fight. With 63% success when chopping his opponents legs, 89% to the body, and 44% when throwing high, it's highly unlikely Mu Yo will be able to stand the assault for long. Terrence doesn't throw punches often, but when you kick like that you don't need to. He also avoids about 70% of the strikes thrown against him, and I don't think Tenchi will have the striking game to do any better than that.

Michaels looks dumbfounded after the incredible analysis from his partner, who takes another celebratory drink, puffing his chest with pride.

MICHAELS: Holy crap! That was awesome!

DRAVEN: I know kickboxing, kid. I'm not here because I'm pretty.

MICHAELS: Well, Tenchi will definitely be looking to take the fight to the ground, what do you think happens if he does?

DRAVEN: I think I get bored, and stop watching.

MICHAELS: I should have guessed as much. Well, Mu Yo has a brown belt and will be very dangerous. Thornton hasn't ever been afraid to grapple, but it may be in his best interest to stand and bang in this one.

DRAVEN: It's in everyones best interest to stand and bang. Enough said.

AUGUSTUS FINK NOTTLE

VS.

JUSTIN JACKSON JR.

155 LBS.

CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT!

MICHAELS: Finally, the fight everyone is waiting for! With the 155 pound title on the line "Gussie" and "The Beast" will go to war! Fink Nottle is 3-0, 2-0 in the LFC thanks to his very formidable boxing and takedown defense. He's never been taken down in his career, and more impressively, he's never even been hit!

DRAVEN: Seriously? I like the sound of this kid. How's his striking?

MICHAELS: Funny you should ask. While bobbing and weaving, he's landed 80% of his strikes picking apart his opponents effectively and violently, even ending one fight due to doctor stoppage! He'll have a decent reach advantage to try and keep ground specialist Justin Jackson Jr. at bay. On the other side, "The Beast" is 3-1 overall and 3-0 in the LFC. More impressively, he's tied for first on the all time LFC "Submission Victories" list with 3! That's right, every win has come via submission, and in the first round!

DRAVEN: What a wimp. Learn to punch, "Beast"!

MICHAELS: Jackson Jr. hasn't had much success on the feet, and whats dangerous for him in this fight is the fact that he's never successfully defended a punch or a strike in the clinch. If he can't get this fight to the ground quickly, Fink Nottle should be able to put him to sleep quickly. Jackson Jr. has a 75% success rate with his takedowns, and if he can drag down "Gussie" his jiu jitsu brown belt will be more than enough to tap the stand up specialist and white belt.

Ryan looks at the camera, taking a deep breath to recover now that we've reached the end of the program. Damian has completely lost interest and is chugging from his bottle, his face flushed and sweaty as he "gets his crunk on".

MICHAELS: That's all the time we have, ladies and gentlemen! Thanks for watching our inaugural episode, and be sure to send us feedback on what you liked and what you didn't! We'll be back for LFC 15! Before we go, anything to add, Damian?

DRAVEN: Nope. When do I get my check? Can I go home now?

Ryan shakes his head in disappointment as Draven continues to drink, and the spotlights fade out as the camera pulls back and the music returns. Finally, we fade completely out.

THE END

• Upvote 3

http://jamesraven.webs.com/MMATycoon/LFC/ListermanReportHeader.png

EPISODE #002

LFC 15: ROBERTSON VS. BUD II

OCTOBER 30, 2013

"HAYASHI'S LOUNGE" in MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA!

http://jamesraven.webs.com/MMATycoon/LFC/HostHeader.png

We open on the same darkened set that we were introduced to last week, two arm chairs sitting a few feet away from each other on the stage as the shadows of two men rest upon them. After a short musical intro, spotlights rise and the camera zooms in on the man sitting in the chair to the right. He smiles excitedly at us as he runs fingers through his feathered brown hair and begins to speak.

MICHAELS: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back for our second edition of the Listerman report! Coming off the exciting night at LFC 14, which saw Augustus Fink-Nottle pick up a second round stoppage to claim the Lightweight title, we look ahead to LFC 15: Robertson vs. Bud 2! I'm your host, Ryan Michaels, and alongside me once more is former championship kick boxer, Damien Draven! How are you tonight, Damien?

The camera slides over to Draven, who is in the middle of chugging deeply from a large beer can. He toasts the camera and offers a half grin.

DRAVEN: Tanked and getting better.

MICHAELS: Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean, we ARE live on television right now.

DRAVEN: Hey! I don't criticize your pre-show rituals! This is mine, it's how I maintain my professional decorum.

MICHAELS: Really?

DRAVEN: No, but it is how I keep myself happy enough to not shin you across the temple when you say something stupid.

Ryan looks at Damien in shock, his lips flapping several times as he tries to figure out what to say.

MICHAELS: Excuse me? We've done one show together! What have I ever said that was stupid?

DRAVEN: You want me to make a list?

Ryan sighs and looks back into the camera, doing his best to shake off the verbal barbs from his partner.

Quinton Jackson

vs.

Thomas Nigh

205 lbs.

MICHAELS: LFC 15 may as well be called “Heavy Hitters” as out of four main televised bouts, three take place in the Heavyweight division, but we'll start off with the Light Heavyweights as Quinton Jackson will take on Thomas Nigh! Jackson is 1-1 in the LFC with a Fight of the Night to his credit, while Nigh is not only debuting in the company, he's debuting completely!

DRAVEN: So we're supposed to preview a fighter nobodies ever seen before?

MICHAELS: Yep.

Draven shrugs and takes another sip of his beer.

DRAVEN: Good luck with that.

MICHAELS: Thanks partner, your support is overwhelming. Anyways, Quinton Jackson is known as a dangerous fighter in the clinch. He throws very accurate elbows, and a heavy volume of knees. While he misses more knees to the head than he connects on, he's known for landing a few powerful knees to the body in every fight that put his opponents on the ropes and in trouble. He has an 80% takedown defense success rate, so he's tough to take out of his game, but if you manage to get him to the mat he's not known as being difficult to submit. Anything to add, Damien?

DRAVEN: Not really. You got this.

MICHAELS: That's pretty much what I expected you to say. On the other side of the cage, Thomas "Ice Man" Nigh. While we've never seen him fight we know that his wrestling and jiu jitsu are pretty much on par with Jacksons. I've talked with Nighs coaches, and they say the difference will actually be in the muay thai! While that's Quintons comfort zone, Thomas' trainers say that he's so high level he'll be able to outstrike Jackson and beat him at his own game! Will Nigh be able to make a statement in his debut, or will Jackson return to winning ways in the LFC?

Joey Battafuco

vs.

Chuck Ferguson

265 lbs.

Ryan Michaels takes a moment to look over at Damien who is still drinking from his beer can, completely indifferent to the fact that he's currently hosting a television show. Ryan shakes his head and continues.

MICHAELS: In our first Heavyweight clash, Joey "The Bat" Battafuco brings his 2-1 LFC record into the cage against Chuck Ferguson, who is 2-2-1 and 0-1 in the LFC. This is a great "striker vs. grappler" match up as Chuck Ferguson has remarkable boxing at his disposal, and Joey has never even thrown a single strike. No punches, no kicks, no dirty boxing or elbows in the clinch... when Battafuco steps into the cage, it's no secret that he wants to go to the mat.

DRAVEN: Because he's a coward. You're a Heavyweight, man! Stand and bang!

MICHAELS: But what if you don't have developed striking?

DRAVEN: Then that's your problem, and you get knocked the hell out! Pretty simple.

Ryan rolls his eyes.

MICHAELS: Well, this isn't kickboxing, Damien. Sometimes mat work is just as exciting as a striking war.

DRAVEN: Said nobody ever.

MICHAELS: ANYWAYS! While Battafuco will surely want to go to the floor, Ferguson may be more than willing to oblige. Despite his great boxing he prefers to go to the ground as well, picking up both of his victories in what many would consider a "lay and pray" style. He's only a jiu jitsu white belt, but Battafuco is 0-25 on submission attempts. This will more than likely end up on the canvas at some point, and the difference will come down to who has the better ground and pound and control, and my money is on "The Bat", Joey Battafuco.

DRAVEN: Way to be objective.

MICHAELS: I'm allowed to predict outcomes, we're a preview show!

DRAVEN: Whatever, Biased McBiased Pants.

MICHAELS: What did you just call me?

DRAVEN: That's your new name. Don't overthink it.

Rashad Henderson

vs.

Yann Phok

265 lbs.

MICHAELS: In our co-main event, two veterans go toe to toe looking for a big win. Rashad Henderson sits at 4-4, but is on a 4 fight winning streak as he makes his LFC debut. Yann Phok is 8-6 with a 1-0 LFC record. What makes this fight particularly interesting is the fact that these two fought once before, and Yann "Death Trap" Phok picked up the armbar victory.

DRAVEN: Oh, goodie. More guys that want to dry hump each other...

MICHAELS: Dry hump? These guys are jiu jitsu specialists, Damien! With 12 combined victories in their careers, they have 12 submissions! They're unparalleled in the division when it comes to jiu jitsu.

DRAVEN: You're not disproving my point, you know.

MICHAELS: Fine. Let's break down the striking battle, shall we? Neither of them throws any, and they're both fairly easy to hit. Phok specifically has been KO'd 5 times in his career. As for the tale of the tape, Henderson has a reach advantage and is much thinner than the rotund Yann Phok.

Draven holds his hand in the air, stopping Michaels suddenly.

DRAVEN: Did you just call Yann fat?

MICHAELS: What?! NO!

DRAVEN: Rotund means fat, bro.

MICHAELS: Stop trying to bury me, Damien! We're supposed to be working together!

DRAVEN: I'm just saying man... it was kind of messed up.

Ryan drops his head into his hands, muttering quietly.

MICHAELS: Can we just move on, please?

Barry Robertson

vs.

Big Bud

265 lbs.

Ryan lifts his head from his hands as Damien takes a triumphant slug of his beer. With a deep breath to compose himself, Michaels launches into his preview of the nights final fight.

MICHAELS: Finally we get to the last of our Heavyweight trifecta and our main event, the rematch between Barry Robertson and Big Bud! These two met of course back at LFC 4, where Robertson won with a VERY quick submission. Big Bud is out to prove that it was nothing more than a fluke, and that he's truly the cream of the crop at 265!

DRAVEN: Barry Robertson is actually a very solid boxer, as far as his pedigree, but he rarely utilizes it in fights. When he does, though, he connects on about 45% of his punches and has VERY elusive striking defense. Big Bud on the other hand favors a kicking attack, usually looking upstairs and occasionally connecting with head kicks that are capable of ending anybodies night in an instant. However both of these men are adequate wrestlers and jiu jitsu purple belts, so I'll hand it back to you for the analysis on the mat, partner!

Ryan looks at Damien in disbelief as Draven drains the rest of his beer can and crushes it between his palms, tossing it off camera as we hear it clatter across the floor.

MICHAELS: That was awesome! Why can't you contribute like that for every fight?

DRAVEN: Not my style, man. I like to do just enough to keep earning my paycheck. Are you going to talk about the mat work, or not?

MICHAELS: Right! As you said, both men are strong grapplers, but there are a few key stats that need to be mentioned. Robertson has a smothering top game, and has never allowed an opponent to successfully improve their position on the ground. He's also better than 50% on his own attempts to pass, often putting himself in the best position possible to pick up easy submissions of which he has 4. He HAS been knocked out once on the ground, but Big Bud has never landed a ground strike which leads me to believe he may struggle to soften Robertson up for a submission of his own.

DRAVEN: Word.

MICHAELS: That's all the time we have tonight, folks! Thanks for watching and be sure to tune into LFC 15 on October 30! Thanks to our sponsors, Rush Supplements and Elite Threads, and we'll see you next time!

DRAVEN: Unless I'm mercifully dead by then...

MICHAELS: You just had to ruin it, didn't you?

DRAVEN: Yep.

The lights fade out on the set, and the musical outro begins to play.

FADE TO BLACK