Users on the same IP / multis

MMATycoon

Uhh remodeling or is this all new Construction? What a migraine I just bought a 4000 Sq ft home, a fixer upper myself and I probably got 5 plus years of work to put into it.

I don’t think my place will ever be finished. Been in it for 4-5 years now and every time I finish something the good lady decides to give me another task. Fortunately it takes her a while to decide on how she actually wants it to look so I do get a break in between. I think I created the problem myself as she was so impressed with what was achieved with the bathroom that the rest of our home looked... well... a bit shit really! Everyday I come home I expect to be told something needs done/redone but she’s a good sort so I can’t complain too much.

• Upvote 2

This is a game run by one person. Good luck even finding another one of those that's actually any good. TBH I need to just put the prices up on here so I can pay someone to do this sort of thing and have more time to spend on the site, but I haven't put VIP prices up since 2009.

I know you will likely get blow back if that is the route you take however if it gets what the masses seem to be begging for I say go ahead and do it
  • Upvote 3

I usually pay people to do my renovations and handle my business myself. It’s just a matter of maximizing my time and working smart vs working hard. Looking good though, nice tiles.

On topic I would rather you don’t raise the VIP, lots of people already have trouble paying it. Even though it’s minimal. Ever thought about selling the game? I know it won’t bring in the amount it would have 5 years ago but that’s life and we can’t live with the should have/ could have.

• Downvote 5

I usually pay people to do my renovations and handle my business myself. It’s just a matter of maximizing my time and working smart vs working hard. Looking good though, nice tiles.

On topic I would rather you don’t raise the VIP, lots of people already have trouble paying it. Even though it’s minimal. Ever thought about selling the game? I know it won’t bring in the amount it would have 5 years ago but that’s life and we can’t live with the should have/ could have.

When I set it up, I based the price on Hattrick's yearly subscriptions of $30 a year. I had a look at what they charge now and it's $9.50 a month for the cheapest of 4 membership options. That's $114 a year. Their packages go up to $21 a month ($252 a year). Obviously I think that's way too much but it shows you how online game pricing has gone in the last 10 years.

Just in terms of inflation at 3%, the game's price has gone down ~35% in real terms. I'm gunna put the price up 10% or so when I get the training update finished. I can't put the price up when I'm not doing any updates though, so it won't be until then.

In terms of selling the site, I've always been open to it at a sensible price but just transferring ownership of a site and explaining how everything works is a massive job in itself so it's not something I could do now anyway.

• Upvote 6

When I set it up, I based the price on Hattrick's yearly subscriptions of $30 a year. I had a look at what they charge now and it's $9.50 a month for the cheapest of 4 membership options. That's $114 a year. Their packages go up to $21 a month ($252 a year). Obviously I think that's way too much but it shows you how online game pricing has gone in the last 10 years.

Just in terms of inflation at 3%, the game's price has gone down ~35% in real terms. I'm gunna put the price up 10% or so when I get the training update finished. I can't put the price up when I'm not doing any updates though, so it won't be until then.

In terms of selling the site, I've always been open to it at a sensible price but just transferring ownership of a site and explaining how everything works is a massive job in itself so it's not something I could do now anyway.

I'm interested in how a game like CSFBL stays afloat. I've never paid a dime on that site, so I've wondered how they pay the bills. They have some ads now, so maybe that's enough?

Could you sell adspace? The MMATycoon interface is super outdated (no offense) so I dont think it would make it look any worse.

Uhh remodeling or is this all new Construction? What a migraine I just bought a 4000 Sq ft home, a fixer upper myself and I probably got 5 plus years of work to put into it.

Unfortunately I am a bad sport when it comes to being wedgied and I can't help returning fire with a much more forceful wedgie, so she wouldn't dare :)

Bathroom update; Sink and bath are plumbed in and no leaks. I've built some shelving for under each end of the bath and made a solid wood bath panel (still needs varnishing). Toilet pan is connected. Will either tile the bath next, connect the toilet or get the shower frame in.

3UBMbuA.jpg

I don’t think my place will ever be finished. Been in it for 4-5 years now and every time I finish something the good lady decides to give me another task. Fortunately it takes her a while to decide on how she actually wants it to look so I do get a break in between. I think I created the problem myself as she was so impressed with what was achieved with the bathroom that the rest of our home looked... well... a bit shit really! Everyday I come home I expect to be told something needs done/redone but she’s a good sort so I can’t complain too much.

I actually do residential plumbing, and maintenance so I could pimp myself out for you guys except your probably scattered all over the World... I know Mike is in England and that's pretty much right out. LOL

• Upvote 1

No to adspace!

Have you played an online game with ads? It doesnt take anything away if you do it properly. CSFBL is constantly improving their game and I've never once had CSFBL ask for money or heard the owner complain about the game not covering enough of his bills, or how he never has time for the game. Let alone 3-4 years worth of that

There are ads on the site - you guys just don't see them cos you're VIP :)

Ads generally aren't a great source of income in their traditional form because so many people have ad blockers. It brings in about $800 a year for this site from the non-VIPs.

In terms of alternative sources of income, I really hope that some of you guys will download Brave browser (use this link and I get $5 up front). I genuinely believe that will be a good source of income for the site over the coming years. Their model is that you will watch a couple of ads a day, then if you engage with the ad you get paid for your time. You can then keep that money or donate it to sites you like automatically based on the time you spend on each site. Given that people spend a lot of time on here per visit, I think it works really well for us. If you're earning $10 a month for watching a couple of ads a day then donate 20% of that to Tycoon, over a few hundred users, that's a very significant chunk of change. ($2 a month *12 months *200 people = $4800 a year). Given that the site only brings in about $20-25,000 a year that would be massive. N.B. if you don't want to watch ads, they also have a general tipping button like Patreon. The ads function is not all finished yet but the browser is Chromium based and basically you can do anything you would do in Chrome on Brave but it's quicker and more secure and they don't pass all your info and browsing history to Google like Chrome does.

Intro to Brave & BAT from their Reddit

And no offense taken, whoever said the interface is outdated, I know it is :) Anyone who's a designer is welcome to have a go at a new skin.... I mean GOOD though cos last time I asked we had some shocking submissions from people who clearly were not web designers :D

• Upvote 5

I actually do residential plumbing, and maintenance so I could pimp myself out for you guys except your probably scattered all over the World... I know Mike is in England and that's pretty much right out. LOL

Scotland mate. So yeah scattered a bit.

I’m a joiner to trade. More of a hobby now than anything but it is why I do the majority of stuff myself. Years of working with builders and sparkies has allowed me to pick up other skills so means I can save some cash but never have any free time haha!

There are ads on the site - you guys just don't see them cos you're VIP :)

Ads generally aren't a great source of income in their traditional form because so many people have ad blockers. It brings in about $800 a year for this site from the non-VIPs.

In terms of alternative sources of income, I really hope that some of you guys will download Brave browser (use this link and I get $5 up front). I genuinely believe that will be a good source of income for the site over the coming years. Their model is that you will watch a couple of ads a day, then if you engage with the ad you get paid for your time. You can then keep that money or donate it to sites you like automatically based on the time you spend on each site. Given that people spend a lot of time on here per visit, I think it works really well for us. If you're earning $10 a month for watching a couple of ads a day then donate 20% of that to Tycoon, over a few hundred users, that's a very significant chunk of change. ($2 a month *12 months *200 people = $4800 a year). Given that the site only brings in about $20-25,000 a year that would be massive. N.B. if you don't want to watch ads, they also have a general tipping button like Patreon. The ads function is not all finished yet but the browser is Chromium based and basically you can do anything you would do in Chrome on Brave but it's quicker and more secure and they don't pass all your info and browsing history to Google like Chrome does.

Intro to Brave & BAT from their Reddit

And no offense taken, whoever said the interface is outdated, I know it is :) Anyone who's a designer is welcome to have a go at a new skin.... I mean GOOD though cos last time I asked we had some shocking submissions from people who clearly were not web designers :D

I didnt even realize there were ads for non-VIPs. Good on ya then

I'll look into Brave today as this is the first I'm hearing about it

• Upvote 3

I’ve been playing an angry birds game, and they have something like the spin and win machine. Once you’ve won a prize you can play for another one by watching a 30 sec ad, and repeat it four or five times. The ads are just short enough to make it worthwhile. Obviously you don’t actually watch the ad you just have a pause from the screen while it plays! I know you can’t do exactly the same thing on the website but it could be an avenue to more ad revenue - letting people have another spin on the machine for putting up with a ad video.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I didn't know that's how Brave worked. I will use the link on tycoon from now on.....And any other sites if I can get the adblocker and searches filtered (so that the searches on amazon, ebay and youtube get blocked for example). Nice one

• Upvote 1

In order to legally operate a second company, how many users would be willing to pay for VIP like it was a second account however you would only get the additional company slot? That would help increase revenue for Mike if he were to allow it? Not even sure if it would be an option but wanted to see what feedback might be out there from the masses and from Mike?

• Upvote 6

In order to legally operate a second company, how many users would be willing to pay for VIP like it was a second account however you would only get the additional company slot? That would help increase revenue for Mike if he were to allow it? Not even sure if it would be an option but wanted to see what feedback might be out there from the masses and from Mike?

Bumping the VIP price by around 30% would be fair for a second slot, or even give an option of a one time payment like the fighter slots. 30/year on top of the current 30 just for a company slot is pushing it in my opinion.
  • Downvote 2

Bumping the VIP price by around 30% would be fair for a second slot, or even give an option of a one time payment like the fighter slots. 30/year on top of the current 30 just for a company slot is pushing it in my opinion.

Only thinking a full $30 because Mike has already stated he is considering an increase in VIP as a whole, maybe this would eliminate that need, then again maybe not? Even 50% would be fair in my opinion but I know not everyone would agree with me. The more we can bring in, the more chance that Mike can afford to bring someone in to manage the site and appease the many Managers clamouring for changes/updates and maybe even draw some former managers back to the game?
  • Upvote 1

Only thinking a full $30 because Mike has already stated he is considering an increase in VIP as a whole, maybe this would eliminate that need, then again maybe not? Even 50% would be fair in my opinion but I know not everyone would agree with me. The more we can bring in, the more chance that Mike can afford to bring someone in to manage the site and appease the many Managers clamouring for changes/updates and maybe even draw some former managers back to the game?

Personally, I'm comfortable with whatever price bump he makes. We're currently paying under $3 bucks a month, which is laughable(yes, I know VIP goes quick when creating/releasing projects, trading for cash, etc. but still, cheap). If I have to pay 60/year to play but the game gets the managerial attention it needs, I'm all for it.

• Downvote 1

I mentioned some of these ideas to Mike, i think there is loads of extra options other than simply increasing VIP prices. I see no problem with a 20-30% increase in the price of VIP, 3-4$ per month is not that expensive.

Other options are:

- I would also consider adding the advertising for all users (including VIP), mike mentioned about 800 from non VIP, but VIP users are more active, so it will probably be at least double.

- Would allow more fighter slots, i mean why not?

- Extra company slot or at least a private gym slot.

- I would make younger fighters faster learners + decrease the VIP price for them to make them more attractive.

- I would have paid options to find out more regarding your fighters hiddens (such as IQ tests, but for the other hiddens). Maybe have a cost of 5-10 days for each test.

- I would make FA's an auction option where people bid in VIP days, if there is no bidder, then the highest ranked manager gets the fighter.

• Upvote 4