How much of a factor is weight differences in this game?

damndaniel

Hey just joined a few days ago. This is my first post. Im finding the game very interesting and these forums very helpful. Sorry if the question has already been asked and answered but have not seen this specific thread yet.

How significant are weight advantages in this game? How much difference does weight cutting really make? For example, say two fighters at 170 have even skills, even physical attributes, same height, but one fighter shows up at 165, and the other cuts from 183 or so. Would the 183lbs fighter get a boost in strength? Would the size exhaust the smaller fighter in clinches and while the bigger fighter has top control? Will he have more punching power? And, on the flip side, how much does the weight cut drain a fighters stamina? Does the weight cut hurt a fighters ability to take a punch?

If the smaller fighter has better grappling skills, would the weight disadvantage even the playing field?

Thanks for any help and insight!

• Upvote 1

I'm not the most experienced, and I don't think anybody knows the exact math, but from what I have seen, I the speed advantage of a smaller fighter Trump's the strength advantage of a bigger one. (up to a point presumably) I've also recently seen a fighter at about 150lbs KO a 300 pounder. That would be a completely anecdotal example.

I've seen other people on the message boards say similar things to me

• Upvote 1