Women's division

Wolf

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I've always been opposed to this but if you implement it like the island but into the main game and give every manager 2 free slots for women's division, I think it's overdue. I just would recommend not storing female rankings for the first 6-9 months.

If it's an avatar issue create new avs or employ the tycoon community to make a bunch. Maybe if they come up with 60 avatars for female fighters, you implement it.

Strawweight (115)

Flyweight (125)

Bantamweight (135)

Featherweight (145) ***

Not that difficult to swap he for her or his for hers. just ask all the lefties and their gen X kids.

• Upvote 6

On 7/18/2021 at 9:47 AM, Rambo said:

I've always been opposed to this but if you implement it like the island but into the main game and give every manager 2 free slots for women's division, I think it's overdue. I just would recommend not storing female rankings for the first 6-9 months.

If it's an avatar issue create new avs or employ the tycoon community to make a bunch. Maybe if they come up with 60 avatars for female fighters, you implement it.

Strawweight (115)

Flyweight (125)

Bantamweight (135)

Featherweight (145) ***

Not that difficult to swap he for her or his for hers. just ask all the lefties and their gen X kids.

I like this idea. I would also be keen to make FREE female avatars for anyone who wanted for there fighter.

• Upvote 3

On 7/20/2021 at 2:54 AM, Rambo said:

Women's MMA + 2 free slots for WMMA fighters is the type of update/feature that permits Mike mass mailing all the emails of his current and former user base to promote the game.

HFC has its "female only" division, do you imagine it would be possible to integrate them into this system?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I still like this idea a lot, but it should be separate from Mens fighter slots, give us 4-5 slots for women fighters and the option to buy 5 more. The free slots would give incentive for people to make the female fighters and it would make for more diversity to the game. Womens MMA is at an all time high and I feel like it’d make for a big feature having that in the game and more money in mikes pockets ;). And who doesn’t want more free slots?

You can keep the engine exactly the same, and add a few pages of female stock avatars that can only be used by the women slots.

I don’t know, this is a good one though and it’s been years since this was suggested. Mike add shit!

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I love the idea of adding women's divisions like Rambo ok Teyo suggested similar to the Island but in the main game. You get a couple additional free slots specifically for female fighters and the ability to purchase more if you choose. The sport is at a point now where women are headlining PPV events so not sure how it doesnt make sense to add to the game? Brings MMAT up to times with whats happenning in the sport and encourages managers to put more money into the game.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 7:53 AM, Ikkitakeda said:

Get with the times women's MMA is a big cash draw now. So put more money in your pocket Mike and add women fighter creation already.

"big cash draw" is total nonsense and over statement.

the only "big cash draw" for women's mma is when Paige van Zant takes her clothes off on onlyfans.

that said, turn The Island into women's mma and seperate the rankings from the men.

• Downvote 2

• 3 months later...

I'm a big fan of Women's MMA in the various high profile organisations like UFC, Invicta etc.

There are of course pros & cons with this being a text-based game but I do like the suggestion of a separate set of slots just for female fighters and this does open up the game to new Women-only orgs that mirror what Invicta provides and for existing orgs to have a division or two dedicated to women.

The only real argument against it is development cost & time, the separate "donate to the development of WMMATycoon" could provide funding to get done (it's broken right now).

Nobody can realistically donate time unless the funding is sufficient for Mike to hire someone to get the work required done.

That would however still leave the avatar question up in the air but having no custom avatars initially outside of the creation of the initial batch for the default ones solves that issue, though custom avatars would need some clear parameters to prevent the inevitable idiocy/misogyny creeping in to the imagery, there will always be some fans of silly/offensive naming  in any game but that already exists without women in the game.

As a big fan of MMA overall & that including WMMA I would love to see a couple of Women's divisions added, but the pragmatist in me knows there would be a lot of work involved for an unknown "payoff" so it is likely a high-risk move unless the idea gained overwhelming support.

Good idea, but realistically probably not worth the effort, the big upside is it could generate interest in the game outside of the typical audience so there is probably untapped potential in it.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/14/2014 at 10:00 PM, Guest said:

As a few others said, I don't particularly care for it unless there's something pretty special about it, which I don't really see happening. (Plus we'd have to weed out and judge countless "sexy" avatar requests and such. Maybe if there we some women that played this game it would be more appealing and plausible. But I don't think so.

I think this is a really good argument against it. In the existing game there's some moron every week who makes a "Ben Dover", "Kunt Kicker" or something.

In a male fighter environment it doesn't attract attention and it's easy for Mike to ignore - Idiotic, but no harm done.

I think if we had female toons it would only get worse, and Mike would be forced to spend hours every week checking and censoring fighter names, because if he didn't, it would attract unwanted attention.

14 hours ago, Columbo said:

I think this is a really good argument against it. In the existing game there's some moron every week who makes a "Ben Dover", "Kunt Kicker" or something.

In a male fighter environment it doesn't attract attention and it's easy for Mike to ignore - Idiotic, but no harm done.

I think if we had female toons it would only get worse, and Mike would be forced to spend hours every week checking and censoring fighter names, because if he didn't, it would attract unwanted attention.

Sadly this is all too likely to be true, too many idiots already and they would go bananas with female divisions.