Game Giveaway Contest

Beck

Game Giveaway Contest on Steam

Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition & Omerta: City of Gangsters

More info on both games can be found on the Steam pages above.

What's the contest?

Friday the 15h of August 2014, around 6PM GMT, I will post a video that will have 5 themes of games in there. Also I will post 5 screenshots of games at the same time. What do you need to do? You will need to guess which games it all belongs too! You will have 48 hours to do this, after that I will pick a winner.

Each theme and screenshot are of individual games, so a total of 10 different games have to be guessed.

Please send your guesses in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me. (John Hetfield)

First person who sends in the a full list with all correct answers wins. This person may choose which of the two games they want. The runner-up will get the remaining game.

Incase no one is able to guess all the games, then the first who send in a list with most correct answers the fastest, will win. I highly doubt this will happen as I am not making it super difficult.

Requirement: Be a member of the Official MMA Tycoon Steam Group (click here for Steam page)

And feel free to join the discussions in the thread on the forum here (click here)

When does it start again? Friday the 15h of August 2014, around 6PM GMT

When will it end again? 48 hours after it has started.

What is Steam? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_%28software%29

Feel free to post in the thread with any questions or comments you might have.

• Upvote 3

If after 24 hours no correct list has been send in I will post hints for all 10 games you have to guess

PM Me the answers by clicking here to go to my profile

Video

The Contest video. Kept it all simple :P 30 seconds per theme!

Screenshots

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Contest1/ContestScreen1_zps5018c5b2.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Contest1/ContestScreen2_zps97a7aaab.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Contest1/ContestScreen3_zps1b0bc1a4.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Contest1/ContestScreen4_zps967b7612.png

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Contest1/ContestScreen5_zps4e57e6b3.jpg

Screenshots are taken from videos on youtube

Keen as a bean, particularly for Omerta (have the first 3 Tropicos, but they're in the infamous backlog of games to play).

fyi, one option in the future for the giveaways is to use steamgifts, a legit site where you can basically giveaway/raffle games or enter in them yourself. They also have the appropriate settings for making giveaways either private (aka, can only be found via direct link and won't be publicly displayed) OR by steam group (where the site will only display them to people who are part of that steamgroup - as long as you're synched up). You can choose when its open for entries, and choose when it finishes up (and then rolls the dice to choose winners).

At no stage do you ever have to give the site your keys/giftlinks/gifts (unless you're doing a keydrop in the forum of course!) or even have to giveaway games yourself to enter other people's giveaways (though one gets a giveaway value assigned to your account, which enables you to enter those giveaways made for contributors at the giver's discretion). I personally have won 4 games (though I have entered a lot of low odds private/group ones and have contributorvalue) and voluntarily given away 4 games myself (The Bureau: XCOM, Bioshock, Mortal Kombat Kollection, and a game called Heileen). Raffle roll is done for you, and then you send off the keys/links/gifts to the people it tells you won (you're given their email, and/or you can add them on steam via their Steamgifts profile).

The best part is, you can use this website to create your puzzles (including guess the image puzzles like you're thinking about doing here). You create your puzzle, make sure your supplied answers are spelt correctly, and then give your friends the link. Then for each person who successfully solves all the questions in your puzzle, they will see whatever you choose to put in the "Results to show when the puzzle is completed:" In your case, that could be the private or group link to your steamgifts giveaway! :)

Makes the whole process really easy, rather than having to read lots of PMs. Plus you might win something yourself via public giveaways (or private/group ones depending how involved you get).

EDIT: Shoot me a message if you want some more info. I loiter around Steam/games just as much as I watch/pay attention to MMA :)

EDIT2: I forgot to add, you only need your steam account for steamgifts. Also, I'm happy to take you through the process personally for any future giveaways you have (assuming timezones match), as the debate about which version of Civilization is better in your first thread reminded me I have a spare Civ III Complete key I can give away.

• Upvote 1

The contest will start in a few hours, if you want to particpate please join the official MMA Tycoon Steam Group, here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mmatycoon or by searching for MMA Tycoon in the group section of Steam.

The thread regarding the group for discussions can be found right here: Official MMA Tycoon Steam Group

It is indeed whoever is the quickest to send in the RIGHT answers the first who wins. Now, the game is not TOO difficult but you can always give it a chance no matter what time, as if some people might not guess the full list and as posted in the first post; Incase no one is able to guess all the games, then the first who send in a list with most correct answers the fastest, will win. I highly doubt this will happen as I am not making it super difficult.

Even though I dont see it happening, it still might :P

It is? I thought the themes are pretty simple, and put in 1 screenshot I thought might be troublesome haha.

I forgot to mention this; If after 24 hours no correct list has been send in, I will post hints for all of 10 games you have to guess.

wait wait wait, 10 games? so it's 5 of the sc's and 5 soundtracks? DAMN!

You know, its better to not post any hints yourself as you'll be helping the competition :P

Two managers PM'd me so far.

Again, after 24 hours I will post hints for all :) I cannot answer if any of your guesses are right in the PM to keep it fair to all.

I will also reply to each individuals PM letting them know how many are correct after these 24 hours for the same reason.