Montreal Fight Nights - Official Thread

Tommy Ward "Congrats to Fallon Fox it was a hell of a fight. As far as whats next for me its not up to me. I will take who I am given. But i hope to be given a tough challenge to help prove myself. Even if that means I have to wait"

Anabolinen Steroidi Jr had interesting tweet about fellow 155er Peter Taphorn earlier tonight.

http://u.kahvipaketti.com/u/10267133731.png

emails from notorious cancrusher/ducker/cherrypicker vladimirbyhenikov:

From : Vladimir Byhenikov (conversation) 09 Mar, 2014 14:18:12

Subject : anabolinen vs taphorn

if steroidi loses his next fight lets fight ok?

From : Vladimir Byhenikov (conversation) 09 Mar, 2014 15:36:28

Subject : Re: Re: anabolinen vs taphorn

lmao your can has no business to fight anabolinen if anabolinen wins. if he loses i just want easy fight to get back on track and your can is perfect for that.

lmao "drop down to 145" quack quack your fighter cant even make 145 :DDD

This guy is a joke, makes challenges with stipulations. Even has an org where he sets up easy fights for himself.

I agreed to the fight. you are the one putting bitch stipulations on it.

Do you ever untuck your dick or do you sit when you pee?

i asked you if you would be interested fighting anabolinen if anabolinen loses his next fight. you started this ducking and made these ridicilous demands:

your fighter weighs 165 lbs and you say that anabolinen has to make 145 to fight him.

ducker.

I ask again:

if anabolinen loses his next fight would you be interested fighting him? with win anabolinen gets title shot.

i asked you if you would be interested fighting anabolinen if anabolinen loses his next fight. you started this ducking and made these ridicilous demands:

your fighter weighs 165 lbs and you say that anabolinen has to make 145 to fight him.

ducker.

I ask again:

if anabolinen loses his next fight would you be interested fighting him? with win anabolinen gets title shot.

I'll fight him either way. Don't be a bitch and commit to it now.

Taphorn is going to fight at 145 for now and 135 eventually. I might get a title shot at 145 if I win my next fight too, should I put it on hold because Tycoon's biggest bitch sees a match-up he likes?

ok so you decline. end of discussion.

I said i'd fight no matter what happens with steroidi. Quit being such a bitch and commit to the fight today.

I'll fight him either way. Don't be a bitch and commit to it now.

I know English isn't your first language, but its pretty obvious I said i'd fight no matter what. You are the one declining.

Landeskog: I was horrible and I wanted to apologize to my coaches. The thing is, this defeat will never happen again. I'm way better than Levasseur and I'd defeat him right now if we had a rematch. Apparently those are not the plans for myself. I'll see what I can do with my final fight of this contract.

Levasseur: You weren't horrible, just outclassed. Crushing a few cans and finishing off a couple of old guys on their way to retirement does not make a contender out of a puffed up popinjay. You don't win fights by talking people into submission.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1393969244MFN_81_poster.JPG

Review of MFN 81: Crillo vs. Tracey

Kadabra vs. North - We opened the night with a matchup featuring two 170 weight fighters each making their MFN debut. Both fighters possess the same ground skills more or less with both having some wrestling as well as BJJ skills. With that in mind, we expected this one was going to be decided either in the standup or in the clinch. What ensued was a very entertaining opening match that featured great battles throughout the match in all three phases. Kadabra wound up winning by decision and the judges said it was his proficiency with his kicks that made the difference. In any case, it was a great opening to a great night for MFN fans.

Kenny vs. Jones - Keeping the 170 weight class in the spotlight, Kenny and Jones came up next and put on a decent show. The real advantage here had to go with Kenny and his boxing ability. Before the fight he indicated that as long as he was able to box Jones that he felt comfortable. Neither fighter is known for being terribly efficient on the ground so the fans expected a nice boxing match. While this one was mostly in the standup there was also some clinching involved as the match also went the distance. Kenny seemed to use the clinch to his advantage, whereas Jones was more effective in the standup landing some decent head shots. When the fight went to the judges table everyone in the audience knew it was going to be a close decision. After some deliberation the judges could not come to an agreement as there seemed to be one judge in favor of Kenny and the other in favor of Jones. Fans never like draws, and this one was no different. A loud chorus of boos rang out from the fans as the third judge voted the match to be a draw concluding the match in a stalemate. These two fighters will settle this score at some point.

Resnov vs. Erschov - The next match started immediately after the crowd became hostile so it was not a good environment when the next fighters were introduced. The fans were hungry for a KO at this point. Going into this match, Resnov knew that Erschov has made his living winning by submission. Resnov was the more accomplished boxer. Resnov went on an early tear that actually wound up rocking Erschov and almost ended the match, but Erschov was able to recover when instead of continuing to pound his opponent, Resnov decided to take Erschov to the ground. When Erschov regained his senses he started trying to get Resnov to tap out via submission and it was only a matter of time before Resnov was tapping. After the match many fans wondered aloud why Resnov went to the ground with an established submission artist.

White vs. Olszewicz - 19 year old Freddy White has already established himself with 8 wins out of 11 fights. In this match he was set to fight 29 year old Jeremi Olszewicz. A few fans had indicated before the night that this was the match they were most interested in seeing... the experience versus youth match. White seems to have a bit more wrestling abililty, whereas Olszewicz has spent more time training his Muai Thai. Suprisingly this one came down to White's Muai Thai ability as he used it to land a viscious head kick very early into the second round. Olszewicz never recovered and the 19 year old prevailed. Score one for the young guys.

Nickoson vs. Oliver - Nickoson was making his MFN debut in the next match, while Oliver has an established 0-4 record at MFN and was looking to turn it around. Oliver is most definitely a submission artist with all 9 of his career victories coming by submission wins. Nickoson is an established standup fighter with some ground skills, but everyone knew for Nickoson to emerge victorious all he needed to do is stay off the ground. Throughout the match Oliver looked to takedown Nickoson and was successful on two attempts. Unfortunately for Oliver he never was able to finish the submission and failed on 11 official submission attempts. Nickoson definitely punished Oliver in the standup and seemed at one point like he just couldn't miss. Everything he threw was landing. It was probably a result of Oliver's tactics for the fight though. Eventually the final bell rang and once again the judges were pressed into service and once again one judge ruled the fight a draw. The other two judges, though, sided with Nickoson, and he was awarded the decision victory.

Cantor vs. Al Hadad - The next match featured a couple of guys who've been with MFN for some time now, yet they have never faced eachother. Al Hadad is the better boxer of the two, whereas Cantor is the better ground fighter. I wouldn't necessarily classify this matchup as the classic "Boxer versus Wrestler" that is prevalent in many matches, but it was clear prior to this fight how each fighter was going to try and earn their victory over the opponent. Cantor got Al Hadad on the ground a few times and definitely impressed the judges with his work and effort on the ground, but Al Hadad won the standup. The clinch battles were close and hard fought, but Al Hadad narrowly beat out Cantor in that area according to the judges. In yet another very close match, Al Hadad was awarded a decision victory.

Shaughnessy vs. Jermery - Like the last match, this one too fell into the classic "Boxer versus Wrestler" classification. Jermery has some pretty good boxing abilities whereas Shaughnessy is definitely known for his black belt and ground game. Both fighters have fought many MFN matches and this fight was their first against eachother. Not long into the match, Jermery sent Shaughnessy spinning with a vicious jab, cross, leg kick combination from which Shaughnessy would not recover. The match continued but it was clear Shaughnessy was not the same following that combo. Eventually Jermery finished him off and secured a 1st round KO victory.

Beautiful vs. Desjardins - Before the match Desjardins predicted that there was "no way this one's going the distance". Desjardins has had some success in his career by getting his opponents to tap out via submission, but Beautiful has been equally as good with his boxing abilities. Desjardins knew to win, he'd need to get Beautiful on the ground. Beautiful came out firing as the match began eventually drawing blood with a nice cross that cut Desjardins. Beautiful kept on the attack but surprisingly Desjardins was able to avoid most of the strikes and land a few counter blows. One such blow rocked Beautiful and one uppercut later it was lights out. Desjardins won this one by 1st round KO which surprised a few of the members in the audience.

Brown vs. Faber - Before this match between two longstanding members of MFN, the judges had already had a rough night. They were booed mercilessly when a draw was handed out and ever since the fans were very leery that the judges would be too involved in another fight. Going into this match Brown was a slight favorite and had slightly better results winning by submission. Faber has also won some matches by submission, but he also has some wins by other methods. As soon as this match started, Faber got Brown on the ground and went to work. After a few failed submission attempts the round ended with Faber likely winning the round moreso because he controlled Brown than for any other reason. In the second round Brown clinched up with Faber and very soon we were back on the ground again. After submission failures by both fighters, the round ended with Brown likely winning that round. The third round began very similarly as the others as not long into the round we were back on the ground, but this time Faber stalled enough to the point where the referee stood the fighters back up. Not long after, Brown took them back to the ground but neither fighter was able to secure a submission victory. Once again the judges were pressed into service. This time all three judges were in agreement that Faber had done more than Brown to win the fight and Faber was awarded the win by decision. An immediate rain of boos and garbage rained down on the ring as the fans clearly were upset. One fan even referred to the match as "the Montreal Screwjob 2". Brown landed more strikes on the ground and clearly had less submission failures than Faber... but the judges gave the win to Faber because he maintained a dominant position for longer. I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys go at it again.

Crillo vs. Tracey - Tracey has a long decorated MFN history including a very long reign as the champ. He declared this fight was going to be the one where he won his title back. Crillo was the only thing standing in his way as he had beaten Hercules Nowacki to win the title. These two fighters had not been matched up prior to this event. Crillo had more of a wrestling advantage, whereas Tracey is more of a boxer. This one ended too soon. Not long into the match Tracey was taken down and Crillo started working a submission victory. Although he didn't make Tracey tap out, while they were on the ground Crillo mixed in some ground and pound. One of those shots ended the match for Tracey and Crillo was declared the winner by a 1st round KO to successfully defend his title.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1352864040IrenicusTOP160x160.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1380716642cccp1.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1352864063IrenicusBOT160x115.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1380716674cccp2.png

Fight almost breaks out on MFN Air

Today MFN officials and local Montreal authorities were notified that MFN Air flight 29734 almost was forced to make an emergency landing in London. MFN Security officials said there was an incident on the flight in which Anabolinen Steroidi Jr. was pushed from behind into the plane's lone restroom by his upcoming opponent Jon Irenicus. Apparently as he was walking by Jon's seat in the plane, Anabolinen stuck his tongue out at Jon. Jon didn't take to that very kindly and as Anabolinen walked past him, Jon stood up and with two hands in Anabolinen's back gave him a hard shove towards the toilet. Luckily, security officials on the plane were present right away and prevented the issue from escalating beyond that. Anabolinen said he was pretty pissed about being shoved towards the toilet.

These warriors take on eachother tonight at MFN 82: Showdown.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1392925129MFN_82_poster.JPG

Review of MFN 82: Showdown

Fine vs. Von Schlager - MFN's finest event opened with a match that seemed ho-hum on paper but delivered a quality, entertaining match when it was actually fought. Von Schlager was making his MFN debut against seasoned veteran Fine, who's been with MFN since September. When considering the skills of the fighters, the one area that sticks out would be Von Schlager's wrestling ability which is better than Fine's. In all other areas the fighters are comparable. While this fight was happening, it seemed as though Von Schlager wanted to keep the fight standing, whereas Fine wanted to take the fight to the ground, which was reverse of what the experts expected during the match. Fine also targetted Von Schlager's head relentlessly unleashing an asstounding 96 head punch attempts. When this fight went to the judges table everyone in attendance was unsure of who would win. In the end the judges sided with Fine, citing his lone successful takedown and aggressiveness as the reasons they awarded the fight to him.

Felder vs. Mizoguchi - Up next we had an expected boxing match between two fighters looking for their first wins at MFN. Mizoguchi was fighting his 3rd MFN match, however he had lost his previous 2 attempts. Both of these fighters are known for being hard hitters and the experts expected this one to come down to who had better striking defense. Not long after the fight began, Felder closed in for a clinch that I think was a tactic to surprise Mizoguchi. He soon broke the clinch and went to work, but the clinch did its job as Mizoguchi was off balance from that moment on. A nice left hook followed by a right uppercut rocked Mizoguchi and it was lights out for him as Felder secured a first round KO victory.

White vs. Dynamo - Both White and Dynamo are seasoned MFN veterans so the third fight of the night was expected by many to go the distance. Dynamo is known for being a hard hitter, even though only one of his previous victories was a KO, whereas White is more of a submission artist. Dynamo also has some ground skills, so most of the fans expected a nice ground battle when these two entered the cage. It didn't take long until Dynamo scored a takedown of White and the ground battle began. Over the rest of the fight, except for brief moments of standup and clinch, this fight was exactly what everyone expected... a ground battle. Dynamo maintained the dominant position most of the time while these two were on the ground and even though he could not get White to tap out, the judges eventually awarded Dynamo a decision victory. There was not much debate over this decision as Dynamo simply came to win tonight.

Jorvee vs. Chouncheun - The fourth match of the night featured Chouncheun, who we haven't seen in a fight for a while, facing newcomer to MFN Jorvee. Chouncheun was still smarting from that loss to Faber 6 weeks ago and Jorvee was looking to start his MFN career with some positive winning momentum. Because Chouncheun trains in Hilo away from many of the other members of his weight class, much of the weight class was curious as to if Chouncheun had developed any new skills or fighting techniques. This one was over in a heartbeat as Chouncheun dropped Jorvee with a head kick. Easy KO win for Chouncheun and maybe the rest of the weight class needs to be worried about his improved kick ability.

Ohchooto vs. Liang - Both of these long time MFN members are in a similar boat. They win a few matches and start to get consideration to move up in the weight class but then suffer a loss which sets them back. Even though both fighters have been with MFN since at least September, they have not faced eachother. In this fifth match of the night, fans were somewhat split over who would win. Both fighters are close in age and simlarly skilled. It would come down to preparation. Liang's plan was to get Ohchooto in the clinch, even though Ohchooto is no slouch there either. As a matter of fact, the majority of this match was fought in the clinch. When this one went to the judges table following the end of the third round, there were members of both fighters' entourages that seemed confident that their fighter had won. After some deliberation, Liang was awarded the match with a decision victory as the judges cited his leg kicks in the standup as the difference in the match.... It was that close.

Richards vs. Lowe - The next matchup of the night featured Lowe, who was hoping to build on the momentum from his win over Ultimate Damage against Richards who was making his MFN debut. Both of these fighters are known for being aggressive as for both fighters there have been hardly any wins by decision. Queue the Tank Abbott entrance music. This one was over before it started. Richards came in and threw a quick combination that knocked Lowe to the ground. Lowe got up and ate a kick... and then it was lights out. Richards wins by a 5 second old first round KO. After the match Lowe was still seeing stars but claimed that he should not have partied too hard in Montreal the night before.

Wufie vs. Kingchanklao - MFN's 145 weight class has long contained both of these fighters as both have even fought for the championship and fallen short. The amazing part is even after all of that time in the same class, these two combattants had not fought eachother. Both fighters have continued to evolve their Muai Thai skills and most fans expected this one to be decided by kicks and clinchwork. Within the first 2 minutes, both fighters had cut eachother as these fighters moved in and out of the clinch spending the majority of the time in the standup though. Kingchanklao made no secret of targetting Wufie's head and landed 21 head punches to lead his aggressive assault on Wufie. Kingchanklao may have gotten the better of the punching, but Wufie got the better of the kicking in what turned out to be a very exciting match on a card full of excitement. Eventually the judges awarded the match to Kingchanklao citing his head punch barrage as the difference in the fight.

Almdudler vs. Anderson - Two similarly skilled combattants were up next as Anderson tried to keep his winning streak going. He has definitely climbed up the MFN ranks as of late with his successful string of victorious matches, but Almdudler is no slouch. Anderson is known for being a submission artist, whereas Almdudler is more of a classic ground and pound wrestler. Because of these skills, everyone knew this fight would take place mostly on the ground and were not dissapointed when that's exactly what happened. Almdudler got a nice takedown early in round 1 and unleashed some nice shots on Anderson as the two jockied back and forth to maintain the dominant position. Eventually in full guard Anderson was able to successfully submit Almdudler with a nicely formed guillotine. This match was too short and the fans were hungry for more.

Mutters vs. Stelzer - In the second to last match of the evening Stelzer and Mutters went at it, with Stelzer winning their last match. As a matter of fact only Tony Montana has beaten Stelzer... ever. Like Chouncheun Stelzer has also been away training off in Hilo away from the other MFN roster, and had not fought since the loss to Montana on 1/29. The extra training time may have allowed the submission artist to continue to refine his craft. When this one began it was clear that Mutters was trying to win in the clinch as he successfully opened up Stelzer with a nasty knee right away. Mutters dominated in the clinch but Stelzer was able to escape to the ground with some clever takedowns and eventually secured a submission win late in the third round. Stelzer won on his back which could spell trouble for the rest of the weight class as he is one tough customer who, if he can win on his back, nobody will want to fight.

Steroidi Jr. vs. Irenicus - World War III was next. This match was building for some time before both of these warriors came to MFN and MFN was the one to finally make it happen. First there was the call out, then the accusations of ducking the fight, then the pushing and shoving match on the plane... Finally we got to settle this one. Both fighters were able to get another win in at MFN before their colossal throwdown. Irenicus has a slight boxing advantage, whereas Steroidi Jr. has a BJJ advantage. Experts across the MMA world made predictions on the fight with the majority of them estimating that Steroidi Jr. would get a win with many even predicting a draw. MFN officials even allowed this match to go 5 rounds instead of the usual 3 rounds due to the buildup and the fact that much of the MMA world was watching. For Irenicus to win, he would need to stay off the ground and for Steroidi Jr. to win he needed to take down Irenicus. It sounds simple but this one thankfully went the distance. When the fight went to the judges table Irenicus had indeed won the standup and Steroidi Jr. had won the ground. After what seemed like an eternity of deliberating between the judges Steroidi Jr. was awarded the victory. The judges said that because Steroidi Jr. was able to successfully takedown Irenicus 5 times, he proved that he was more deserving of the victory because Irenicus could not stop what he knew was coming. After the fight an irate Irencus stormed out of the cage and was said to have damaged a few items in the lockerroom. MFN officials declined direct comment only saying that "Jon Irenicus will not be back at MFN in the immediate future. We have not closed the door completely, but his attitude needs an adjustment if he wants to represent our organization at some point in the future." Pretty strong words from the up and coming organization who is taking the Montreal MMA scene by storm.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13807855532060.png

Anabolinen Steroidi Jr

16-3-1- (W-L-D)

Very angry Anabolinen Steroidi Jr called his favourite reporter, Jari Porttila to tell his opinion about the fight.

I landed more standing, i was more aggressive standing, i won the standup also. He just threw hopeless haymaykers hoping to catch me. I didn't know that swinging air wins you the standup. I think i was in control in every aspect and i am very insulted that officials at MFN said i lost the standup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tommy Ward would like to thank MFN for his time spent here. He has spent much of his career here. Fighting 11 fights in the organization. However he has made the decision to leave at this time. Not forever. He certainly hopes to return at some time. He has a lot of ambition and only wants to improve. He feels that his best option is to head somewhere else. As he can continue to work hard and improve. When he comes back he will be a much better fighter. And a hopeful contender. Thank you again his time spent here has been great. And he has no complaints.

Tommy Ward would like to thank MFN for his time spent here. He has spent much of his career here. Fighting 11 fights in the organization. However he has made the decision to leave at this time. Not forever. He certainly hopes to return at some time. He has a lot of ambition and only wants to improve. He feels that his best option is to head somewhere else. As he can continue to work hard and improve. When he comes back he will be a much better fighter. And a hopeful contender. Thank you again his time spent here has been great. And he has no complaints.

Best of luck to Tommy Ward. We definitely would love to have him come back some day.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13979585219328.png

Magnus Landeskog:

You see... I've been training hard ever since I started MMA. I've had some great experiences and I improve every single day I hit the gym. I always planned on being a champion wherever I fought. I had the chance to make my debut and do 4 fights at No Exit, all of them submissions wins. I took a lot of time after that to focus on my skills before I wanted to fight regularly again. I was approached by MFN with a good contract and then I decided to join their roster. 135lbs was the weight class I used to fight and that's the one that I debuted here. Clinch domination on the first round and then a submission to crown a great debut. Then the moment of change came. I still can fight at 135 but it seems to be that I'm build perfectly for the lightweights. Sure, I'll take fights within the 3 divisions if that's the case, but I needed to change my division. Konovalov seemed like a stiff test at the moment we fought, but I took him out so easily that I wanted more. Levasseur was the perfect opponent for my next fight, but somehow I didn't perform the way that I do in training and other fights and got caught. That loss taught me more than I could ever think and showed me a lot of things that I didn't know. I took that learning experience as a blessing and Senzo Tanaka offered me a main event spot vs. Johnny Garcia as he felt I'm destined to big things. I took the chance and dominated him. I was back to where I belong. Amongst the top 100 of my division in the world and within the best 900 p4p guys. I wanted to make sure that my next fight was even bigger, so I waited until Tony Montana and Wolfram Stelzer fought to decide my next opponent. Montana once again defeated him and we're bound to fight on May 3rd. I'm getting better everyday and Montana doesn't know exactly what to expect from me. I want to be better than him in every aspect and with the victory I believe I'm the next in line for the belt. I'll take that. That's what I'm here for and the good part about it is... Everyone knows that as well.

• 4 weeks later...

That’s right…..I’M BACK.. Well sort of. Thank you for the opportunity to be the new MFN writer. With that being said here we go.

MFN 99:Ready To Strike is sponsored by FURY NUTRITION and VANDAL FIGHT BOUTIQUE & LAUNDRY. And the event certainly lived up to its name with 5 (T)KO’s.

First up we watched as Giorgio Conte (4-0) faced Abra Kadabra (3-2) in his MFN debut. Shortly after the start we watched as Kadabra clinched with Conte. Kadabra missed with multiple knees. Conte landed some strikes. Then Kadabra lands a nice elbow that cuts Conte. Both continued to work in the clinch. Eventually Conte breaks the clinch and looks to expose his advantage in the boxing department. A crisp right hand counter lands right on Kadabra’s jaw which rocks him. After a nice kick, right hand, and uppercut the fight is over. And after 2:23 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Giorgio Conte! An impressive debut.

Next we watched as Arnold Rothstein (7-4) faced Sooper Mann (4-1). In the beginning it was clear this would be a stand and strike fight. Trading blows and trying different strikes. Though in Rothstien did attempt a few takedowns. Rothstein rocked Mann in round one but couldn’t finish it out at that time. But shortly into the second round Rothstein used two nice hooks to drop Mann. And after 0:51 of round 2, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Arnold Rothstein! Who thanked his fans after the fight.

Then we watched as Rafael Suez (11-7) faced Sai Fukuta (12-14-1). Both fighters are ground guys. Both are Brown belts in BJJ. However Suez had a wrestling advantage. And he certainly used it. The majority of the fight took place on the ground. In the end this fight went the distance. And Rafael Suez got the decision. As all three judges had him winning all the rounds. Moving Suez to 12-7.

After that we watched as Roberto Rodriguez (13-9) faced Diego Nunes (19-14). Both guys hold a brown belt in BJJ. Both were even in the wrestling department. However Nunes has the better stand up. But he was not looking to stand. Nunes took the fight to the ground early. And Rodriguez did exactly what he needed to. As he used some GNP to rock him early. After some failed submission attempts he postured up and got the KO.

Then Jonathan Desjardins (17-7) faced Nicholas De La Torre (6-1). Desjardins holds a black belt in BJJ where De La Torre only has a brown belt. Both are well rounded making this a interesting fight. And the evenly matched skills showed as this fight went the distance. Working the strikes, clinch, and grappling. In the end Desjardins won all three round in the judges books. Giving him the decision.

Next up was Dusan Kikovic (11-6-1) versus Kyle Turris (13-10). Both were fairly equal. Though Kikovic held a slight Muay Thai edge.

Another fairly even match that went the distance.This fight was pretty close. However Turris’s dominative final round could not win him the fight. So Kikovic won via split decision.

Then BJ McGobblecock (13-7) went up against Rodinel Romero (17-8). Another fight that went the distance. Both had advantages in different areas. This one really came down to gameplans. And McGobblecock’s gameplan seemed to work best. As he won via Unanimous decision. Though Romero did show dominance in the clinch and they were pretty even with striking. However McGobblecock won in the grappling department.

After that Urijah Faber (14-11-1) was across the cage from Kaivo Huone (9-4). Faber has an impressive ground game resume. However Huone had the clear striking advantage. Faber scrapped by in the first round. He made up for it with a phenomenal second round. And despite being rocked in the third he came back and made it up to take the third. Leaving Faber to win this one by unanimous decision.

On to our Co-main event and fight of the night winner. Where Simon Phoenix (11-1) took on Karri Koria (10-3). Koria got cut very early in the fight. Both worked there boxing a lot in this fight. Late in the second round Koria get knocked down. Right as the third round started Phoenix landed a crisp and wonderful overhand right that ended the fight. A brutal KO. After the fight Phoenix called for a title shot. So we shall see if anything becomes of that.

Now our main event of the evening. Raekwon The Chef (16-3) versus Jan Olov Hermansson (15-7). Raekwon is known for his KO’s and tonight was no different. Both worked the striking game. But with a monster head Jan was left on the ground crumpled. And The Chef gained another KO as well as another KO of the night award. As well as earning him a title shot.

Overall it was a great event. 5,868 attended the fights. And the event earned a rating of 277.75.

If you ever want anything added/said in my previews/ reviews feel free to message me!

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

MFN 100 is coming tomorrow!! The biggest card that we've ever had awaits us. Thanks to everyone who has ever been part of MFN for making this incredible milestone possible

MFN: 100!!! Montreal Fight Nights is turning 100! It will be my pleasure to write up a preview for this event. So let’s get started!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1399573469MFN_100_poster.JPG

First Jimmy The Kid (9-7) takes on Von Hammer (10-13). The Kid holds a brown belt in BJJ along with some remarkable wrestling skills. Whereas Hammer has a blue belt but holds some exceptional boxing skills. This fight really comes down to who can keep the fight where they want it. If Kid gets the fight to the ground I am sure that he can get a submission. But if Hammer can keep this fight standing he should certainly get the KO. It will be interesting to watch this Grappler vs. Striker match-up.

Then Simon Strange (6-4) takes on Draven Lucas (12-7). Strange holds a black belt in BJJ and wonderful wrestling skills. Lucas also holds a black belt to pair with some remarkable wrestling skills. Making both guys dangerous on the ground. Though Strange holds a slight advantage in the boxing department Lucas holds the advantage in the muay thai department. But we both know nether will be looking to stand and fight. This should be a great BJJ display. Or just a general great grappling display. Should be a good fight to watch.

Next Bach Schtrappe (9-1) goes up against Perry Charcobeau (8-0).Schtrappe is pretty well rounded. And so is Charcobeau. But Perry holds a slight boxing and BJJ advantage. Everywhere else they are even. And the advantages are slight. This one comes down to who can break the other one down. They are both comfortable standing, in the clinch, or on the ground. I could see this one being a back and forth battle going the distance. Another great fight that I think many will love. Will Charcobeau finally taste defeat?

Afterwards Tony Grecko (11-2) faces long time MFN veteran Hector Linhares (11-3-1). Both have advantages in various areas. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Linhares try and keep this one standing. He has won 6 times via KO and has not been KOed in his career. Should Grecko get this one to the ground it will be a little easier for him as he can try and control Linhares. Don’t be surprised if this one does not go the distance.

Then Bogdan Petrycki (9-3) be looking across the cage and seeing Andrey Tutov (12-7). Both have 6 KO wins and 1 submission win. Both are coming off a loss. However Tutov is coming of a title shot. I could see this one coming down to the expirence factor. Though one may be trying to get this fight on the ground don’t be surprised to see this end up a stand up war.

Next Juan Pablo Green (14-9) will make his MFN debut against Ben Gordon (13-6-1). Both are pretty experienced however Green is four years older. Which could come into play. The only real difference between the two is that Green holds a brown belt while Gordon holds a black belt. I foresee one taking the other down and trying to control and being patient. If they can’t assert themselves while standing.

After that the 145 lbs title will be defended by Craig Clendennon (16-3) against Craig Anderson (14-9). This should be a good one. Clendennon has a brown belt in BJJ but Anderson has a black belt. They are even in the boxing department. Clendennon will look to use the clinch to his advantage. But Anderson will look to get this one on the ground and test Clendennon’s defensive grappling. Looking for a submission. I think no matter how this ends it has a good chance of winning an of the night award.

Frank Crillo (18-6) will face Mark Borocop (14-4). Crillo is coming off a loss to current champion Clendennon. Borocop is coming off two wins looking to push it to three. The key to winning I believe for Crillo is to look to get it to the ground. Though that could prove to be difficult. If it stays standing it will be closely contended but Borocop will probably clinch and overall out do Crillo should it stay standing. But Borocop is no scrub on the ground.

Then Ron Lemieux (17-3) goes up against Anton Chekhov (12-3) in our second title fight of the night. That’s right the 135 lbs title is at stake in our co-main event. This fight could go anyway so it is extremely hard to make any guesses. But I can tell you that Chekhov has a muay thai advantage. But Lemieux has a wrestling advantage. In the end I think this one should be interesting.

In our main event Roberto Kim (14-2) takes on Calypso Damione Deathclaw (15-4). Deathclaw will be stepping up in competition. Deathclaw is a submission machine and will look to give Kim his first submission loss. If this one goes to the ground I certainly see it going that way. Should it stay standing Kim will have the advantage but it could really go either way. This one has some serious potential and we hope they don’t let us down!

Well there you go! That’s it! I hope all of you work your hardest to make MFN 100 a huge success. As this could set some new records for rating and attendance!

• 2 weeks later...

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/irishsamuraix/RyanAv_zps6c550b56.png

Ryan O'Reily

"Congrats to MFN on reaching their 100th Anniversary and to Anton Chekhov for winning the 135lb title. I'm surprised this new signing "Buakaw" Bergfried is getting the first shot at the title. I would have thought Hector Linhares earned it with his win over Tony Grecko. Looking forward to getting a quick win against "Fancy" Yancy at MFN 103. Tap or Die, Malaki."