Team Fight League( Interest Thread)

The1rstSaint

I am looking to keep my interest going and i think An Alliance/Team League would help if i ran it. I am all about Commitment so this will happen if there is interest.

Format to be Determined. This is a big if because i know the last time someone tried to organize something like this it just never worked.

To Start though

1. Teams of 4 or 5

2. Weight classes could very but 170, 185, 205, 265 are all pretty active division in the Game.

3. ID or Non ID?

4. Could do a Single Elimination or go with a League format that involves fighting every Team.

Any thing is possible. This does not have to just be my org this could very well be several orgs involved.

Let me know what the Community thinks???

• Upvote 4

I like the idea and would definitely participate.

There's a few ways you could go about it format wise but generally I think it should be a creation tournament. Mainly because there is too much argument about p4p ranking and hype plus most fighters are signed with orgs already and it's a pain to wait for them to get released.

Maybe you could do X weight classes and say something like teams of x and managers can have more than one fighter just not in the same weight class? (but a minimum of two managers per team representing. No one man shows)

I like to see it be an alliance tournament though. I'm sure the Evil Empire would have a team and I would like to see the likes of Yabai, Stepdads, Legion of Doom etc involved. I like the stories that would come with that. Like Stepdads losing Alex K to boredom and The GBU riding Camara's coat tails. Karter just cheated his way to creation tournament victory and Petro won one of mine a while back I think so Convicted could be a potential great team. La Familia (Rei/Mac Little), Vendetta etc. There's actually quite a few active alliances when you look. Could be very cool to get them all involved

I was just thinking Creation is probably the best route. Contracts rank and so on can be a pain.

We can discuss over the next few days but i have decided on a name and put a little poster together, unless another name comes to mind later.

for now Clash of the Camps (The font will be revamped though on the Camps part as the P looks to much like a N.

mma-background.jpg

• Upvote 4

Possible entrants

Cromulent Doom

Vendetta

Evil Empire

GBU

Elite Punishment

Stepdads?

LOD?

Convicted?

Underground?

Yabai? (maybe if we want to get crushed by them)

Heritage?(Are they still a thing)

Hitokiri 13?

La Familia?

Keyboard Warriors?

Phoqus Sports(Not sure if there that active)

Fin Fighters?

The Cold North?

• Upvote 2

I think we could get enought people from FinnFighters.

I hope it is somehow ID-restricted or creation, since those tournaments seem to be more fun usually. And newer fighters are easier to get into tournaments.

Im leaning towards creation. I would like to try and have one NON ID fighter though for the HW Division? I figure if each alliance or Team can put forward one HW that is NON ID and try to have them in the 2k-1k of p4p rank that would be ideal.

and lol you sonsabitches having fun with the Name i knew it would draw some comments. Still working on a good name for it any ideas?

It is not the name, it is the font you have used xD

I know it was just thrown together in seconds. once there is a green light i can figure something out.

I think for now there is enough to at least try and get some sign ups. Which may take a while, i will try and finalize the format and post a new official thread soon.

Still kinda doubtful it all gets done but i will do my part, to put the gears in motion. i will be contacting the Alliance owners to see who really is interested.

Im leaning towards creation. I would like to try and have one NON ID fighter though for the HW Division? I figure if each alliance or Team can put forward one HW that is NON ID and try to have them in the 2k-1k of p4p rank that would be ideal.

Creation is the best, if they will be creation and a fixed age (ideally 18y), it will mean everyone is on equal footing.

• Upvote 1

A few Yabai managers have expressed interest.

18 yr old creation is good for long term future fighter prospects, but I get Davie’s point about 25 yr olds not having a private gym advantage (though really who doesn’t have a private gym these days), plus learning speed is less of an issue for 25 yr olds when we are creating, testing and sacking fighters.

As for 25 yr olds being more fun due to more points, the fact that everyone starts with the same means you can still have weird and wonderful matchups. Even more holes to exploit in each other’s fighters if all are 18.

I would be good with either.

• Upvote 1