Biggest weight gain for a fighter changing classes

Zello

What's the biggest weight gain for a fighter of yours that changed weight classes? I'm not talking the weight class right above it but like 3 or 4 weight classes higher. Right now I'm trying to take my fighter Carter Jose De La Cus from 145 over to heavyweight.

Has anyone been able to do it and have a successful fighter?

While he's never switched weight classes per say, Simon Udovich started at 300lbs and is now up to 479lbs (and getting swoller everyday! :training2: :pizza: ). I believe he's the biggest fighter in the game ever (or at least currently). His weight has DEFINITELY been a huge disadvantage in fights he should have won (see here & here) but I enjoy the character so i keep him regardless.

• Upvote 4

While he's never switched weight classes per say, Simon Udovich started at 300lbs and is now up to 479lbs (and getting swoller everyday! :training2: :pizza: ). I believe he's the biggest fighter in the game ever (or at least currently). His weight has DEFINITELY been a huge disadvantage on fights he should have won (see here & here) but I enjoy the character so i keep him regardless.

Damn that guy's big

While he's never switched weight classes per say, Simon Udovich started at 300lbs and is now up to 479lbs (and getting swoller everyday! :training2: :pizza: ). I believe he's the biggest fighter in the game ever (or at least currently). His weight has DEFINITELY been a huge disadvantage in fights he should have won (see here & here) but I enjoy the character so i keep him regardless.

Great concept for that guy :) but for that second fight how did the weight disadvantage him? To me it looks like he won but was robbed by the refs.

• Upvote 1

I always wondered how you got him that heavy lol , that’s amazing

• Upvote 1

hmm this guy http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=240195 fought in 5 weight classes 135-185 .I pick him up off the free agent list Had decent hiddens except he cut to easy .Could have easy fought in every weight class .I love to create a fighter that could win a belt in every weight class that would be something

Generally speaking you drop a guys weightclass to protect his chin (as lower weight classes carry less power) and you gain fighter weight classes to give them more power (if you see that as one of their strengths and want to capitalize on it). Another reason is to make sure they line up better with the sizes of fighters around them in the weightclass (if they are too short and can't land in the standup or too tall and getting subbed out or dominated on the ground). I have gained and dropped fighters weightclasses for all these reasons and if the only reason you can find is for some story you made up or it would be cool to experiment then fine but to me it would not make sense (unless just to experiment and see the differences between weightclasses etc).

• Upvote 3

Some other things to keep in mind is that KO power may not be as effective if you drop a guys weightclass but if it is worth him surviving fights and not getting KO'd then it's better off, also gaining a weight class make sure the fighter is well suited for the gain in weight because if they are too short for the weight class he may not be able to land much in the standup or do well if he does not have TDs.

Generally speaking you drop a guys weightclass to protect his chin (as lower weight classes carry less power) and you gain fighter weight classes to give them more power (if you see that as one of their strengths and want to capitalize on it). Another reason is to make sure they line up better with the sizes of fighters around them in the weightclass (if they are too short and can't land in the standup or too tall and getting subbed out or dominated on the ground). I have gained and dropped fighters weightclasses for all these reasons and if the only reason you can find is for some story you made up or it would be cool to experiment then fine but to me it would not make sense (unless just to experiment and see the differences between weightclasses etc).

I'm really only doing it to experiment.