Fill me in on 'teleportation'

beef410dc

Hey everybody,

I used to play this game a few years back, and picked it back up recently. I have a Las Vegas fighter that got offered a contract in Sydney. I was researching how to go about relocating this fighter when I started reading about how fighters can now "teleport" to their fight locations, if they need to.

Can any kind soul out there give me the quick scoop on how this 'teleporting' works? I spent about 15 min on the forum trying to find answers but only got brief details on how it works.

Can I keep my fighter located in Las Vegas, accept the Sydney contract, and just have my fighter teleport to Sydney when he has a fight? And I wouldn't have to worry about relocating? Is my understanding of how 'teleporting' works correct?

So as imcool said, cancel the auto-flight. Things still work the same way (I guess, I've only been here since the teleport was in place), but essentially you'll 1) get a notification that you don't have a flight scheduled, then the next day 2) get a notification that a flight has been booked for you.

At this point, you definitely want to remember to go to maps and scheduled flights and cancel that flight! If you don't, you'll take the flight, fight at a slight disadvantage because your fighter will be a bit lower on energy than the other one...and then be stranded there with the need to schedule a flight back.

So as imcool said, cancel the auto-flight. Things still work the same way (I guess, I've only been here since the teleport was in place), but essentially you'll 1) get a notification that you don't have a flight scheduled, then the next day 2) get a notification that a flight has been booked for you.

At this point, you definitely want to remember to go to maps and scheduled flights and cancel that flight! If you don't, you'll take the flight, fight at a slight disadvantage because your fighter will be a bit lower on energy than the other one...and then be stranded there with the need to schedule a flight back.

For anyone who sees this, you'll fight at a MASSIVE disadvantage because of lower energy. If you don't trust the teleport system (you should, it works), then book a flight appropriately. Otherwise you're wasting time taking the fight.

For anyone who sees this, you'll fight at a MASSIVE disadvantage because of lower energy. If you don't trust the teleport system (you should, it works), then book a flight appropriately. Otherwise you're wasting time taking the fight.

Well, it's not quite as bad as it was before...which is why I said slight rather than massive or nasty, haha. On Dec. 8th, according to the latest news, Mike lowered the impact of taking a flight. I recently forgot to cancel one and still managed to win. When my fighter got there, I'd estimate that he was down about 10% energy to about 90% at the time. So yeah, you're gonna get a disadvantage, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before...

Travelling Adjustment
8th Dec

Travelling has been adjusted to make the process less of a burden. All energy loss has been cut in 1/3 and the time taken for all flights has been cut by 1/3 as well (all rounded to the nearest hour), so e.g. a 3 or 4 hour flight will now take just 1 hour. The changes are effective immediately.

• Upvote 1

Well, it's not quite as bad as it was before...which is why I said slight rather than massive or nasty, haha. On Dec. 8th, according to the latest news, Mike lowered the impact of taking a flight. I recently forgot to cancel one and still managed to win. When my fighter got there, I'd estimate that he was down about 10% energy to about 90% at the time. So yeah, you're gonna get a disadvantage, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before...

Travelling Adjustment
8th Dec

Travelling has been adjusted to make the process less of a burden. All energy loss has been cut in 1/3 and the time taken for all flights has been cut by 1/3 as well (all rounded to the nearest hour), so e.g. a 3 or 4 hour flight will now take just 1 hour. The changes are effective immediately.

The amount of hit is still based on the distance traveled. Going from Vegas to Sydney, you may as well just slit your own wrists, because the hit you're going to take will be monstrous. I had an undefeated fighter come in from New York to Sydney, because i was unable to cancel the autoflight in time. Not only did I lose so much energy that I almost did not make weight, but i was so weak that my otherwise roughly equal opponent was able to beat me like a red-headed step-child.

The amount of hit is still based on the distance traveled. Going from Vegas to Sydney, you may as well just slit your own wrists, because the hit you're going to take will be monstrous. I had an undefeated fighter come in from New York to Sydney, because i was unable to cancel the autoflight in time. Not only did I lose so much energy that I almost did not make weight, but i was so weak that my otherwise roughly equal opponent was able to beat me like a red-headed step-child.

Gotcha. The guy I was referencing of my own traveled from NY to Hawaii.