Official Nutrition Improvement Thread

MMATycoon

Find some reason for me to buy supplements from non-158+ quality vendors.

(or a reason for ANYone really to buy them)

The market gets smaller and smaller.

It is unlikely that low quality supps will ever have an audience to any but the newest folks unless supplement quality maxes out based on relative attributes?

Something like:

Cardio Supplements

IF Conditioning <= 80

THEN StaminaSuppMaxLevelEffective = 140

ELSE StaminaSuppMaxLevelEffective = 9999999999999 (because quality caps should be lifted to infinity)

You could break this out (and I think you would have to) into multiple levels so that buying maximum hyper supps only makes sense for folks whose related attributes are already quite high. So using a 165Q supp when your Conditioning is 10 would be no more effective than using a 141Q but once you pop over 140 using the top quality supplements would have normal effects etc...

Energy Loss supplements effectiveness could be capped based on a fighter's total average attributes (All Physicals or All Everything).

Just a thought. Not sure if that is a good idea or even how many supplement companies it would matter for.

• Upvote 1

Find some reason for me to buy supplements from non-158+ quality vendors.

(or a reason for ANYone really to buy them)

The market gets smaller and smaller.

If Demand goes way up and supply goes way down, people won't have a choice. Keeping your fighter on supplements will cost a lot more per week and managers won't have a choice but to find cheaper alternatives and companies will pop up to fill that void. On the other hand, my 160 company can basically support 1/2 of NY right now, if it were cut to where I could support 1/10 of the city, I would have to raise prices and my stock would be gone in no time, leaving managers buying 159's, 158's, ect... and the ones who can't afford those would be buying whatever they can.

The ridiculous amount of orgs would also go down as people would have other options on what type of company to start and actually turn a profit.

• Upvote 1

I'd say it looks definitive that people are supporting changes in Nutrition supplements. While I like the idea of lifting the ceiling on quality caps, I do tend to see the reality of why they are in place. In real life, I can take a top-of-the-line protein supplement and put in some hard workouts, but there is a point where it doesn't matter, I simply won't hit light speed muscle growth. On the other hand, there is an argument that supplements today are vastly superior to those of yester-years due to the money and research put into them. Hard call, but my vote would be to raise the ceiling and not eliminate it.

One suggestion that I think would be of great benefit is...If you are taking a supplement for a specific physical attribute (let's think stamina), it would either slow down or completely halt stat deterioration if taken for a number of days that week. To be fair, I'd say three days, or possibly four, to be effective. That would stop someone from just switching out supplements each day. I could see this as having a true to life result, as long as that person had a workout session of some type. Sparring and workout sessions certainly require the use of those physical attributes, and use of a supplement should be able to ensure you maintain that attribute during sessions. Perhaps this could be where lower quality supplements could be profitable.

Fold the hospital concept into nutrition companies to create a general health and wellness business. Offer products like the facial anti-cuts surgery that Nick Diaz got, some sort of recovery product like a hyperbaric chamber or relaxation spa that will help you recover from a fight in three days instead of seven, and physical therapy to alleviate the effect of career injuries on skill degradation.

i agree with greywar about the supp quality only effecting a fighter that has relative skill levels. basically like the new training changes are setup. you would only need a supplement that is 20% better than your current skill level to recieve full benefit. i can see that accomodating all levels of fighters and all levels of supplement companies as well.

groovy makes a good point about supply and demand. i definately think that the supply should be lowered. just to get the current prices back to normalcy. logically a 160 product should never sell for $50 doll hairs. it kills the little man

there should be an expiration date on supplements to prevent stockpiling. stockpiling with no drawback kills the supply and demand logic.

i still agree with greywars idea of the better supplements not lasting as long as cheaper supplements. it kind of needs to be that way to help out the newer players that simply cant afford to replenish there supps more than once every 2 weeks

I'm definitely loving all the new ideas towards supplements. I was wishing to see maybe another company open up like merchandise or something. Don't jump on me about it yet since I'm just throwing things out. I do like the doctors and housing ideas. How about different types of flights to negate how much energy is expended during moving and visiting. I've ridden in in all from Coach Economy to 1st class and I will tell you that it makes a big difference on morale and energy levels.

By the way, I'm a Vikings fan so the Pack can suck it. I don't watch much NFL anymore because I think college ball is more pure. On that note, I'm a long time fan of BSU before BSU was cool.

Maybe a simple sliding scale where supplements over quality 155 have their duration per product reduced by .5 days per every 2 points in quality?

Q155 = 14 days

Q157-158 = 13.5 days

Q159-160 = 13 days

Q160-161 = 12.5 days

etc...

Of course this assumes the quality cap would be lifted. If not it would need to be shifted lower.

I would go with something like this but it needs to start at a much lower level, like 130, or whatever 50k research gets you.

100=42 sessions (21 days)

130=28 sessions (14 days)

160=2 sessions (1 day)

but possibly just for recovery since the other supps are more short term in use anyway

I would go with something like this but it needs to start at a much lower level, like 130, or whatever 50k research gets you.

160=2 sessions (1 day)

but possibly just for recovery since the other supps are more short term in use anyway

I like the idea of supps lasting for a certain amount of time based on quality.

160=2 sessions (1 day)

a 160 supp only lasting one day? that's crazy. that means it could hypothetically cost about 8 grand per month to use 160 supps in every session. talk about having the rich get richer (since obviously poor managers can't come close to affording that).

i'll post this here too:

ginkgo biloba (learning speed boost when selected for training)

and, combo products: ability for supp companies to combine two supps into one pill, with a max combined effect of 160. you wouldn't be able to produce one that has something in it that's more potent than you can create on it's own, but it would allow brand new companies to create 160 combo products almost immediately. for example, if a store had an 80 stamina supp and an 80 strength supp available to create, then they could create a 160 combo (80 strength + 80 stamina) to work their way into the market. this would allow for all sorts of variations. for example, if you have two 150 rated products, that's 150 different possible variations that could be produced by combining them. (150+10, or 140+20, or 100+60, etc, etc)

not going to happen. mike wants those who log in every day to hold that small advantage over those that set-and-forget.

well then mike is way off base. do you not think that i log in everyday? i've logged in every single day for hours a day for over 2 years now. hell, when i lost my internet for 3 months i still DROVE 15 minutes to the local library DAILY and stayed til they ran me out! JUST TO PLAY THIS DAMN GAME --- but even being as dedicated as i am and logging in every single morning before work and then first thing when i get home in the evenings I STILL CANT SWITCH MY FUCKING SUPPLEMENTS! if you're telling me that he wants to prevent his game from accomodating the ppl that play it then you're a dumbass. because that's the worst bussiness plan i think i've ever heard. "let's try to aggrevate ppl so much that they fall in love with it". yep, sounds about right.

we can set weekly training schedules for gyms facekicker. why the hell cant we set a weekly supplement schedule? hmmm? you want ppl to log in everyday? well let me ask you a logical question then. why DO ppl log in everyday then? because ppl definately do. is it so that they can check there supplements? NO! they log in because they want to CHECK THEIR TRAINING! so no matter if there's a supplement schedule or not, it's not gonna make one damn bit of difference to how often ppl log in! ---- they're either gonna log in to check their training. or they're not. it's as simple as that...supplements has, and never will have, anything to do with it

well then mike is way off base. do you not think that i log in everyday? i've logged in every single day for hours a day for over 2 years now. hell, when i lost my internet for 3 months i still DROVE 15 minutes to the local library DAILY and stayed til they ran me out! JUST TO PLAY THIS DAMN GAME --- but even being as dedicated as i am and logging in every single morning before work and then first thing when i get home in the evenings I STILL CANT SWITCH MY FUCKING SUPPLEMENTS! if you're telling me that he wants to prevent his game from accomodating the ppl that play it then you're a dumbass. because that's the worst bussiness plan i think i've ever heard. "let's try to aggrevate ppl so much that they fall in love with it". yep, sounds about right.

we can set weekly training schedules for gyms facekicker. why the hell cant we set a weekly supplement schedule? hmmm? you want ppl to log in everyday? well let me ask you a logical question then. why DO ppl log in everyday then? because ppl definately do. is it so that they can check there supplements? NO! they log in because they want to CHECK THEIR TRAINING! so no matter if there's a supplement schedule or not, it's not gonna make one damn bit of difference to how often ppl log in! ---- they're either gonna log in to check their training. or they're not. it's as simple as that...supplements has, and never will have, anything to do with it

what kind of training are you doing where you legitimately need to change your supplements more than like 2 or 3 times a week, at most?

personally, i don't care if there are schedules or not. even if there are schedules, i won't use them except to have my guys off supplements on sundays, or to use weight gain/loss supps on sundays. which would save me a whopping 30 seconds of time.

what kind of training are you doing where you legitimately need to change your supplements more than like 2 or 3 times a week, at most?

personally, i don't care if there are schedules or not. even if there are schedules, i won't use them except to have my guys off supplements on sundays, or to use weight gain/loss supps on sundays. which would save me a whopping 30 seconds of time.

okay. aparently you havent grasped the idea of the new training changes yet. this is how mike wants you to train just in case you didnt know it.

the idea of training isnt to just spam 30 cardio sessions in a row as soon as you create a fighter. mike changed the way that energy level is effected by training so that fighters can train on low energy now. so that enables the cardio and strength to be worked up OVER TIME by doing a few sessions a week. guys with feeble cardio dont exhaust all their energy anymore like they use to. which is brilliance in my opinion. sure am glad that i complained for that :)

the old way you had no choice but to spam cardio right off. it's not the case anymore. hopefully mike realizes how good this has been for the game and pushes further with it. till cardio level has zero effect on training and only on effects the fighting. the way it shoud be. maybe then we'd see true diversity with cardio and strength

so i like to have my guys doing 3 to 5 cardio and weight sessions a week. spread throughout. what days does that fall on? who knows. depends on the gym. but i have 15 fighters to manage. so basically im changing supplements every weekend. when in reality i need to change it daily BUT CANT. because i work.

so the realistic way is the way that im training my fighters. hopefully that answers your question

a 160 supp only lasting one day? that's crazy. that means it could hypothetically cost about 8 grand per month to use 160 supps in every session. talk about having the rich get richer (since obviously poor managers can't come close to affording that).

I would say that a lower bound of 2 or 3 days should likely be the least amount of time a supplement could last (if using only one at a time anyways).

okay. aparently you havent grasped the idea of the new training changes yet. this is how mike wants you to train just in case you didnt know it.

the idea of training isnt to just spam 30 cardio sessions in a row as soon as you create a fighter. mike changed the way that energy level is effected by training so that fighters can train on low energy now. so that enables the cardio and strength to be worked up OVER TIME by doing a few sessions a week. guys with feeble cardio dont exhaust all their energy anymore like they use to. which is brilliance in my opinion. sure am glad that i complained for that :)

the old way you had no choice but to spam cardio right off. it's not the case anymore. hopefully mike realizes how good this has been for the game and pushes further with it. till cardio level has zero effect on training and only on effects the fighting. the way it shoud be. maybe then we'd see true diversity with cardio and strength

so i like to have my guys doing 3 to 5 cardio and weight sessions a week. spread throughout. what days does that fall on? who knows. depends on the gym. but i have 15 fighters to manage. so basically im changing supplements every weekend. when in reality i need to change it daily BUT CANT. because i work.

so the realistic way is the way that im training my fighters. hopefully that answers your question

why spread them out? you have no need to, since you surely can't be close to tickers being an issue yet.

why spread them out? you have no need to, since you surely can't be close to tickers being an issue yet.

actually i have hit a few red tickers already. but that's beside the point. why do you insist on forcing ppl to spam/group their training together? --- you ask me why dont i just group them together consecutively?....

probly because i like to spar 6 times a week

probly because i like to get my guys in small classes

probly because i like to put my guys in the classes that they need. not every public gym offers a schedule that fits my every last need. some classes are only available on certain days

hell i could set here and list tons of reasons why i dont want to be forced to group it together. on the other hand, you cant list ONE reason why a nutrition schedule wouldnt be good. except for the how mike wants to reward active players. but im active and i still dont get a reward from it? i guess you just need to be jobless to get the reward? that sounds like a good strategy. yea. try to accomodate the JOBLESS ppl. they'll surely keep the game going lol

you do realize that would only screw newer managers, and not really have much effect on the rich ones, right?

how can you say that? unless you've got multiple accounts or a faaar better intuition than i do. because there's no way you could possibly understand what a new player goes through or what it's like. at least i couldnt. i never dreamed it could be so much different from 2 years ago when i first started out new. but it is. it's A LOT different - that being said, im very much in favor of greywars idea of a floating time frame on supps based off of quality.

- it still allows the new player to get decent supplements without going broke

- while it adds in cost, profit and competition for the nutrition companies

- it gives nutrition companies something to strive for and the old players in the game something to spend money on

- it also gives the older players in the game that have earned the right to better supplements, THE RIGHT TO BETTER SUPPLEMENTS

- and to contradict your previous post - it rewards the active managers that log in everyday to change there supplements

basically i disagree with you 100% on just about every subject lately. it seems like you've became the person that is immediately negative towards even the slightest sort of change

actually i have hit a few red tickers already. but that's beside the point. why do you insist on forcing ppl to spam/group their training together? --- you ask me why dont i just group them together consecutively?....

probly because i like to spar 6 times a week

probly because i like to get my guys in small classes

probly because i like to put my guys in the classes that they need. not every public gym offers a schedule that fits my every last need. some classes are only available on certain days

hell i could set here and list tons of reasons why i dont want to be forced to group it together. on the other hand, you cant list ONE reason why a nutrition schedule wouldnt be good. except for the how mike wants to reward active players. but im active and i still dont get a reward from it? i guess you just need to be jobless to get the reward? that sounds like a good strategy. yea. try to accomodate the JOBLESS ppl. they'll surely keep the game going lol

like i said, i really don't care if supp schedules are allowed or not. i was just asking why you needed to change it so much. i hadn't thought about the daily sparring, which is a good reason.

and i have a job but am probably on here more than just about anybody (since i'm almost always on at work :P)

oh i'm sorry, i didn't realize all noob managers could pay for 7 times as many supplements as they currently need to buy...

i dont understand what you mean? why would you need to buy 7 times as many supplements?

*edit* and how would it reward active members? would you only be able to have one supp in your possession now?

no. dont be rediculous. but the elimination of stockpiling or the implementation of expiration dates has got to come into play eventually for any of this to work

like i said, i really don't care if supp schedules are allowed or not. i was just asking why you needed to change it so much. i hadn't thought about the daily sparring, which is a good reason.

and i have a job but am probably on here more than just about anybody (since i'm almost always on at work :P)

well my work is much different than yours then. i program machines all day and every one is different. nothing cookie cutter about it. focus is very important. i dont even listen to a radio at work anymore. because one night i got caught up paying more attention to it than the task at hand and damn near destroyed a machine. so i tycoon at home and work while im at work - sure would be nice if i could avoid having to worry about cardio and strength supplements while im at work as well. im sure that anyone else that has a stressful job would agree