Checkmate Championship

Neondragon

- 155 Title fight Preview -

Logopit_1589000819322.jpg?width=509&heig

Tomorrow we will see Checkmates very first set of TITLE FIGHTS!!!!

First up will be the 155 belt on the line, when we see Chief "Crazy" Aztec (7-0) (Formally known as Adrian Burnham) take on Carlos "The Esteemable Ese" Villarreal (4-1) in a rematch for the ages! Most of you know how these two gentlemen got here but here's a quick reminder in case you didn't. Villarreal won his first round fight against Craig Jordan by a first round TKO. Then he took on then undefeated powerhouse Bastian Berzerker where he once again showed his high level skills, taking the victory by a 30:27x3 Unanimous Decision. Earning him a title shot and a rematch with the very man that has given him his one and only loss. Aztec has recently changed managers and names, new manager, new name, new game? Aztec has had a flawless career, going a perfect 7-0 overall and a dominate 5-0 in Checkmate, Aztec won his first round fight by a KO in the second round of the fight against Magnus V Karlson, then turned around and scored a 18 second KO in his second round fight against Connor MacLeod, earning him what most have said was already his, a title shot. Villarreal have slayed a giant before, can he do it again and virtually erase his only blemish on his record?

Lets take a minute to flash back to their first meeting, but taking a minute will take longer then the first encounter lasted, as soon as the bell rang Aztec cut Villarreal open with a jab, then proceeded to counter a 1-2 combo with a jaw dropping hook that put Villarreal out cold, but a quick finish always makes some fans think, was it luck or skill?

Has Villarreal learned from his mistakes and will he return the favor of taking Aztec's 0 away like Aztec did to him and like he himself did with Bastion? or will Aztec state and display his claim further on the 155 division and add another mark to Villarreal's record once again? I wanna hear you predictions!!!!

• Upvote 3

- 265 Title Fight Preview -

Logopit_1589001483395.jpg?width=509&heig

Tomorrow our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING will be for the 265 belt!

let's have a refresher of how these two guys got here! Nolan took Checkmate's 265 division by storm, destroying all the opponents put in front of him. He is a perfect 7-0 in his Pro MMA career, and 5-0 in Checkmate! He won his first round fight of the tournament in just 42 seconds, where he TKO'd Phy Ter. Then he continued to show how dominate he was when he gave Test Run his first and only loss in MMA in under one round, winning by TKO. Nolan has looked unstoppable and it doesn't seem like anyone, not even a great fighter like Run can extend him past the first round, but if anyone knows his skill set, its none other than his opponent, Mr Snow, who has also looked fairly unstoppable and is a fan favorite. Snow won his first round bout by giving Sergi Hardenov his first loss in MMA by KO in the first, then he scored a beautiful superman punch Knockout of the night against Peter Schumacher in his second round fight in the tournament, Snow has also never seen a second round in all 8 of his fights.

Both of these fighters have a lot in common. They both were managed by the same manager until recently, both have won all their fights by KO/TKO, both have never been to a second round and both are looking to make a statement in this fight. But only one can win! Who is taking the belt home?!?!?!?!?

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w1.jpg

Jax Chambers (355121)

3-1-0

"I'm calling out Jingky Bacolod (355308) for that farce of a title I should be competing for right now, by the sounds of it I'll just go back to be overlooked and underappreciated after this merger. Feed me another victim and I'll make my own way to the title."

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w1.jpg

Jax Chambers (355121)

3-1-0

"I'm calling out Jingky Bacolod (355308) for that farce of a title I should be competing for right now, by the sounds of it I'll just go back to be overlooked and underappreciated after this merger. Feed me another victim and I'll make my own way to the title."

I respect the call out, however since Bacolod was the 265 champion at Conquest he has been granted an immediate title shot here at Checkmate. I can assure you that you will not be overlooked or underappreciated here, I have sent over a fight offer against a top contender and the winner of that fight would definitely be put in the conversation for a title shot! I will definitely be keeping an eye on Jax and I am excited for his upcoming fights here at Checkmate! Hope you are enjoying it here so far!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14438720473687.gif

Crusty Bigg "Bang"

Crusty don't know why he's facin some overhyped, underskilled bum but Crusty ain't a question asking kinda guy.

This fight is gonna be fireworks for sure! Ladies and Gentlemen, Your MAIN EVENT for CHECKMATE CHAMPIONSHIP 1 (06-06-2020), You don't wanna miss this one!

- Rankings Update -

- 145 -

*Rankings for this division will resume after To The Throne Tournament*

- 155 -

[CHAMPION] Cheif Aztec (8-0) (6-0 in CC)

[#1] - Simon Busch (4-0)(0-0 in CC)
*Conquest Champion

[#2] - Carlos "The Esteemable Ese" Villarreal (4-2) (3-2 in CC)
*Former Title Challenger

[#3] - Bastian "The Basmanian Devil" Bezerker (5-1) (3-1 in CC)

[#4] - Yut Han (3-0) (0-0 in CC)

[#5] - Manja Sha (3-1) (0-0 in CC)

- 170 -

*Rankings for this division will resume after Hunting Gold Tournament*

- 185 -

*Rankings for this division will resume after To The Throne Tournament*

- 205 -

*Rankings for this division will resume after Hunting Gold Tournament*

- 265 -

[CHAMPION] Jon Nolan (8-0) (6-0 in CC)

[#1] - Jingky Bacolod (4-0) (0-0 in CC)
*Conquest Champion

[#2] - Test "Lets See" Run (7-1)(2-1 in CC)

[#3] - Crusty Bigg "Bang" (4-0) (1-0 in CC)

[#4] - Augustin Cauchy (8-2) (0-0 in CC)

[#5] - Brian Snow (7-2) (2-2 in CC)
*Former Title Challenger

• Upvote 1

- Checkmate Contenders 2 Featured Fights Previews -

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1589538627Logopit_1589538606712.jpg

Checkmate Contenders 2 is full of high-level fights, lets take a closer look at some of them!

MAIN EVENT - Headlining the show will be two of the 265 divisions' top competitors when #2 ranked Test "Lets See" Run (7-1) (2-1 in CC) takes on undefeated prospect Mo Murder (5-0) (Checkmate Debut)

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, take a deep breathe now, cause when this fight starts your gonna be on the edge of your seat holding your breath the whole time when these two forces collide!

Run is currently the #2 ranked Heavyweight Contender in Checkmate. Run has been a tough cookie for the rest of the 265-pound division to deal with during his time here at Checkmate, however, he is coming off his first loss in Pro MMA, he suffered the unlucky 7-0 stride and had his 0 taken by the now Champion Jon Nolan. Wanting to put that fight behind him he looks to go back to his old winning ways and get back into the winners circle and prove he is still one of the divisions' very best! Run is a powerful KO artist that wants nothing more than to send his opponent crashing to the canvas with a spectacular performance and to make a statement to the division that he is still very much a threat.

Murder is looking to add an exclamation mark to his debut by taking out of on the divisions' top-ranked fighters, Murder is coming into this bout with a perfect 5-0 record, all of which have come by way of TKO/KO. Mo is wanting to waste no time to try to get a number by his name in the heavily stacked shark tank of which that is the 265-pound division, and a win over the #2 contender would definitely get him there.

Can he do it? Can he hand Run his second loss in Pro MMA? Or will Run give the newbie a night to remember by making him take a real close look at the Checkmate Cage Mats?

Co-Main Event - Clinch King "Razor" Smash Machine (4-0) (4-0 in CC) VS Gabriel Creed (2-0) (2-0 in CC)

In our CO-MAIN event of the night, we will two dominate forces collide when the Divisions best face off in what will be an electric Co Header!

The Serbia Native Clinch King "Razor" Smash Machine has been the #1 ranked 205er ever since Checkmate has had rankings! Dominating all opponents that have been put in front of him with his vicious clinch game, his most recent win being the Main Event victory over Henry Pallero back at Checkmate Fight Night 6, Machine has only seen a second round one time in his Pro career, and that was in a KOTN rematch against Checkmate Vet Willy Graham where Graham extended him to the second round before ultimately succumbing to Machines powerful knees.

Machine is currently in second for the most wins in Checkmate with (4) and is also in second for the most TKO/KOs for the org with (4).

The man that will be across him will be none other than 205 standout Gabriel Creed, who made his debut at only 17 years of age against an opponent that was well his senior, but did that phase Creed? I would say not, as he landed 150+ in that bout against now, up and comer Franz Fritz and took home a FOTN Unanimous Decision, Creed didn't get hit with a single strike that fight and was already back in the gym that week! After his debut, he immediately got a ranking beside his name! Creed then went on to yet again land 100+ punches and only got hit with about 10 strikes in his fight with fellow contender Orvar Odd Lodinkinni, where Creed got another FOTN Unanimous Decision and handed Lodinkinni his first Pro loss, this time showing some of his clinch work as well, something he might want to avoid in this bout with Machine. Creed has called himself "The Future" before, and so far with his performances, I think I believe him!

Creed is currently tied for the most Dec wins in Checkmate with (2).

Both of these fighters have spent all of their Pro MMA career's under the bright lights of Checkmate Championship, and remained at the top of their division, so both of these fighters are accustomed to the pressure, but the question is, who will prevail and continue their reign over the division?!

Oh! and word on the street is the winner of this fight will snag that last spot on the Hunting Gold Tournament Bracket, who will it be?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Another fight we would like to give a quick highlight to is Checkmate's very first 145-pound bout! With the Merge of Conquest MMA and Rural Streets/Medieval Combat, Checkmate now has a 145 division! and it is filled with killers! To get the division formally started we will see

Siete DiMaio (1-0) take on Pull "Antt" Plugger (2-1)

I have a feeling they are gonna kick things off for the 145-pound division with a bang!

• Upvote 1

- The Crowning Finale Updated Brackets & Results -

Logopit_1589794938426.jpg?width=427&heigLogopit_1589792240042.jpg?width=427&heig

Chief Aztec DEF Carlos Villarreal via TKO (Strikes) RD#1 (3:55) to become the first 155 pound champion for Checkmate Championship

Jon Nolan DEF Brian Snow via Submission (Strikes) RD#2 (0:05) to become the first 265 pound champion for Checkmate Championship!

We would like to thank all the fighters that competed in this tournament and give a big congratulations to Aztec and Nolan for taking home the brackets! it was full of some tough and talented competitors!

• Upvote 1

- Main Event Closer Look -

20200523_020254.jpg?width=361&height=427

With the event later today being the first round of our "To The Throne" tournament I wanted to do something different for the main event so it didn't get overshadowed by the brackets, so the poster was my first attempt at doing this concept. Here's a closer look at it! Both of these fighters will be representing their country on this card, who takes the main event!??

• Upvote 4