Only just heard

kezz

Wwe Wrestler Donald Jacob Hager Jr AKA Jack Swagger has signed a contract with Bellator anyone else heard about this? what is everybodys thoughts on the trend of Pro Wrestlers joining Mma orgs?

Hager Jr has a good Amateur wresting back ground and has been training boxing and bjj a year and debut is supposed to be this year what are his chances in bellator?

I wouldn't say this trend of pro wrestlers joining or fighting for MMA orgs is anything new. If you watch Japanese MMA this sort of thing has been happening since all the way back to like 1997. Not to mention people like Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock started out in pro wrestling and then went to MMA as well so this pretty much has been a thing since the very beginning of MMA.

As for Hager, I think he will be fine in Bellator. Scott isn't as brutal as Dana and will give Hager an incredibly easy 1st bout and with Hager's incredible pedigree in amatuer wrestling he should be fine. This dude beat Cain Valesquez in a wrestling match, I think againt even good wresters he can easily take them down and have his way with them.

it was rumored in like 2017 that he signed with Bellator ...
I saw in one of the mma news site that he might make his debut in 2018
can't remember the source though

hes 36yrs old

from wiki here is what he did in his collage wrestling days.

No. 5-ranked 215-pounder by Wrestling USA in 1999.

He won the 215-pound division of the state wrestling championship as a junior after being a runner-up as a sophomore.

Hager then joined the Junior National USA wrestling team as a heavyweight during the summer of 2000.

University of Oklahoma single-season record for most pins in the 285 pounds (129 kg) weight class (30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJdEOEOMkU

what fight you think he should get a 0-0-0 guy or someone with couple of wins?

I wouldnt mind seeing Matt Mitrione vs Hager Jr that be intresting fight

I wouldn't say this trend of pro wrestlers joining or fighting for MMA orgs is anything new. If you watch Japanese MMA this sort of thing has been happening since all the way back to like 1997. Not to mention people like Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock started out in pro wrestling and then went to MMA as well so this pretty much has been a thing since the very beginning of MMA.

As for Hager, I think he will be fine in Bellator. Scott isn't as brutal as Dana and will give Hager an incredibly easy 1st bout and with Hager's incredible pedigree in amatuer wrestling he should be fine. This dude beat Cain Valesquez in a wrestling match, I think againt even good wresters he can easily take them down and have his way with them.

LeonStolz Im pritty sure Shamrock n Severn was Fighting befor pro wrestling

Dan Severn debuted in professional wrestling in 91 and in mma in 94. Now if you want to add his high school wrestling and such as fighting than ok, but then we are getting in a slippery slope.

Ken Shamrock debuted in professional wrestling in 1990 and many believe he debuted in mma in 92 for Fujiwara Gumi but it was actually scripted and was still professional wrestling but would still be behind his professional wrestling debute in 90. His actual debut was in 93 when they sold it to Pancrase. To have real matches.

• Upvote 1

hes 36yrs old

from wiki here is what he did in his collage wrestling days.

No. 5-ranked 215-pounder by Wrestling USA in 1999.

He won the 215-pound division of the state wrestling championship as a junior after being a runner-up as a sophomore.

Hager then joined the Junior National USA wrestling team as a heavyweight during the summer of 2000.

University of Oklahoma single-season record for most pins in the 285 pounds (129 kg) weight class (30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJdEOEOMkU

what fight you think he should get a 0-0-0 guy or someone with couple of wins?

I wouldnt mind seeing Matt Mitrione vs Hager Jr that be intresting fight

I think giving him Matt would be a terrible idea lol Matt would wipe the floor with him.

I think you should give him a decent newbie fighter and just see how he does. I think his wrestling should be elite but it's mma so it might not be worth anything.

And I wouldn't get my hopes up for him to actually make a run for the title. He has said in an interview that he doesn't believe he will make a title run because of his age and inexperince and is doing MMA just to prove to himself that he can do it. He also said he only wants to fight twice a year. So in otherwords he's going to be the new Bobby Lashley and is just going to fight complete bums to decent regional heavyweights until he goes back the WWE.

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure, bc there have been mixed results, obviously there’s guys like lesnar, who come into the ufc and immediately do well. However, it’s best to sign college wrestlers before they go into mma, and promote them as great wrestlers, not showman, as the wwe is fake and all.