How much does weight matter?

Zello

While I believe you if you say so it doesn't make sense for realism. Also doesn't match up with what I read in the wiki. There should at least be some advantages like more strength/power for higher weight as it says there, or is that just plain wrong?

There are advantages with both but lighter fighters have more advantage

You get some power advantage and slight clinch bonus, I believe, but in this game energy is much more important than power. If you gain energy advantage during fight(even 5-10%) = easier KO, higher striking efficiency and so on and so on. It doesn't make sense if you are comparing it to the weight cutting that UFC fighters do, but this is how game engine works and you should adapt to it. Especially at heavyweight, being lighter is a serious advantage because energy there matters the most. Anyway, I have a bunch of heavier fighters for their divisions, just for the sake of having some fun and diversity, but that forces me to adjust to their higher weight in every fight - either looking to clinch more or going less aggro to save energy or setting higher damage to use the higher power and get a KO. Every weight could be successful but it needs to be combined with the proper hiddens and more important - with good sliders. But generally, being lighter makes it easier to fight.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

You get some power advantage and slight clinch bonus, I believe, but in this game energy is much more important than power. If you gain energy advantage during fight(even 5-10%) = easier KO, higher striking efficiency and so on and so on. It doesn't make sense if you are comparing it to the weight cutting that UFC fighters do, but this is how game engine works and you should adapt to it. Especially at heavyweight, being lighter is a serious advantage because energy there matters the most. Anyway, I have a bunch of heavier fighters for their divisions, just for the sake of having some fun and diversity, but that forces me to adjust to their higher weight in every fight - either looking to clinch more or going less aggro to save energy or setting higher damage to use the higher power and get a KO. Every weight could be successful but it needs to be combined with the proper hiddens and more important - with good sliders. But generally, being lighter makes it easier to fight.

Isn't there also a speed advantage for the lighter fighter?

Being lighter gives a speed advantage, while being the heavier guys gives you a little power advantage.

As long as weight is not too far off the normal standard, hiddens and sliders reign supreme.

I always thought it was Speed advantage. I think was either dino or fuse that convinced me it was energy advantage that made it seem like speed.

Lighter guys do have a speed advantage to a degree but I think the energy advantage is responsible for what appears like obvious speed advantage... If that makes sense.

• Upvote 3

Power/strength are hard capped I believe, so at elite levels having a weight advantage has little to no significance. The real reason lighter is better is that you lose your energy more slowly.

EDIT: skipped reading the responses. See Chris said the exact same thing. D'oh.

I have asked Mike to confirm this some months ago, but he didn't.