Day 29 of the quarantine and no training/MMA

Mannetosen

The Youtube algorithm recommended me something called 'Street Beefs', which apparently is a hillbilly backyard MMA promotion in Virginia. Being starved for any kind of fresh fight content I went down the rabbit hole for way longer than I'm comfortable admitting.

Anyways, Youtube just recommended me this and I think I might have to burn my computer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyYcq0qMvsY&t=

• Upvote 1

The Youtube algorithm recommended me something called 'Street Beefs', which apparently is a hillbilly backyard MMA promotion in Virginia. Being starved for any kind of fresh fight content I went down the rabbit hole for way longer than I'm comfortable admitting.

Anyways, Youtube just recommended me this and I think I might have to burn my computer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyYcq0qMvsY&t=

When the video opened and quintessential Eastern Europe spilled onto the screen, I knew it was going to be good.

You see in videos like this how far just a little bit of training goes against untrained people. Also had a couple of runs watching that backyard fighting and similar.

But if you want quality stuff we got a nice one here, UFC putting up some good old Pride now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le69DBh7YwY

Guaranteed 100% fight rating on that one.

You see in videos like this how far just a little bit of training goes against untrained people. Also had a couple of runs watching that backyard fighting and similar.

But if you want quality stuff we got a nice one here, UFC putting up some good old Pride now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le69DBh7YwY

Guaranteed 100% fight rating on that one.

The problem with stuff like that is that I've already seen most of those fights several times at this point.

Right now I'm doing an in-depth study of Charles Oliveira, and then moving on to a WEC retrospective. If anyone else have any other fighter recommendations I'm all ears. I like technicians with hyper aggressive ground games.

The problem with stuff like that is that I've already seen most of those fights several times at this point.

Right now I'm doing an in-depth study of Charles Oliveira, and then moving on to a WEC retrospective. If anyone else have any other fighter recommendations I'm all ears. I like technicians with hyper aggressive ground games.

DOnt know how long you have been following the fight game but if you dont know the guy, there are many hours of video out there for the tournament king igor vovchanchyn, you wont be disappointed

DOnt know how long you have been following the fight game but if you dont know the guy, there are many hours of video out there for the tournament king igor vovchanchyn, you wont be disappointed

I've been following MMA since 2007. I got into it by watching old NHB so suffice to say I'm intimately familiar with Igor lol. Doesn't he run a pizza restaurant these days?

Gotta love Street Beefs. I like to pull up the videos that are less than 3 minutes long and try to figure out which one of the guys has never thrown a punch before.

Watching someone awkwardly shuffle, miss an arm punch and get clumsily RNCed by a guy in sweatpants and a wife beater is one of life's big pleasures.

I've been following MMA since 2007. I got into it by watching old NHB so suffice to say I'm intimately familiar with Igor lol. Doesn't he run a pizza restaurant these days?

Watching someone awkwardly shuffle, miss an arm punch and get clumsily RNCed by a guy in sweatpants and a wife beater is one of life's big pleasures.

Sakuraba vs Newton is my all time favorite grappling match. And sakuraba is one of my all time fav fighters. Good follow up

You ever seen Maia vs Jason McDonald?

I love the silent agreement between Newton and Sakuraba to just dont exchange. It was a real beauty. Masterclass.

Thats why I put it above ALL (including, yes, Maia vs McDonald)

But I love watching top grapplers (like Oliveira duBronx, Hall or Maia) doing deep half guard in UFC. Im a half guarder myself, Bernardo Faria style