UFC 248 Adesanya vs Romero Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

for a guy who did that much talk, and talked about walking the walk Adesanya looked horrible. Yes he got the win, but all the arrogance and that talk ... come on then.

Arrogance and cockiness don't have much life span ..

but come on... Romero wasn't doing anything either

• Upvote 1

I think if Joanna didn't look like elephant woman she might of won that fight.

Not fan of Joanna, but if she would of got the nod I would of understood it. Not surprised at all Zhang got the split, but I think it was a questionable decision.

Izzy won. Wasn't the worst fight in the world. Knew it was gonna be a chess match reminiscent of Till vs Wonderboy or Izzy vs Silva.

I didn't think Romero won round 1 based off his 10 second flurry. You can't be inactive for 4 minutes of a round and expect to get the nod cuz you landed one big punch (especially one that didn't knockdown or drop opponent).

Romero should of fought the entire fight like he fought the final 10 seconds of the 5th round lol... fuckin guy.

• Upvote 1

Not fan of Joanna, but if she would of got the nod I would of understood it. Not surprised at all Zhang got the split, but I think it was a questionable decision.

Izzy won. Wasn't the worst fight in the world. Knew it was gonna be a chess match reminiscent of Till vs Wonderboy or Izzy vs Silva.

I didn't think Romero won round 1 based off his 10 second flurry. You can't be inactive for 4 minutes of a round and expect to get the nod cuz you landed one big punch (especially one that didn't knockdown or drop opponent).

Romero should of fought the entire fight like he fought the final 10 seconds of the 5th round lol... fuckin guy.

Yeah Izzy is my favorite fighter but he was scared and got in his own head. Can't blame him tho Romero hits harder than any fighter I've seen Izzy fight other than Pereira. If Romero would of thrown more I don't think Izzy was gonna counter him much. It's definitely on Romero more than Adesanya though. I don't know what fans expected Izzy to do there... Romero was clearly ready to let Izzy hit him and try and take his head off with his explosive counters. I hit you and you hit me was never Izzy's game. If Romero goes after Izzy we get a good fight but if Izzy goes after Romero when he's only looking for counters he gets blasted.

Izzy-Costa just got more interesting for me.

• Upvote 2

When the opponent landed three weak strikes in a round then yes you can win a round based on 1 big flurry when you do damage and land more strikes

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When the opponent landed three weak strikes in a round then yes you can win a round based on 1 big flurry when you do damage and land more strikes

This was my view as well.

Overall it was a bad fight and although Romero sucked and was largely inactive, lets not make it out that Izzy was exactly killing it. He fought ultra conservative and was basically trying to get a points win. The last round he as basically avoiding contact because he felt he was ahead on the score.

• Upvote 2

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/b46f2f007b622bce

Also if you look at the stats it was very even. Adesanya patting Romero all fight (apart from vicious leg kicks) imo is no better than Romeros power strikes, especially given overall strikes were pretty equal.

It couldve gone either way and Im not upset at the decision but 49-46 is wrong

• Upvote 1

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/b46f2f007b622bce

Also if you look at the stats it was very even. Adesanya patting Romero all fight (apart from vicious leg kicks) imo is no better than Romeros power strikes, especially given overall strikes were pretty equal.

It couldve gone either way and Im not upset at the decision but 49-46 is wrong

It was not 49-46, that is for sure. I am kind of surprised at how many people who are saying how bad Romero was and that Adesanya played a "chess-match". Both sucked, Izzy was simply pushing (or at least giving the impression of pushing) forward. Izzy had more strikes and he most likely won 2-4 and maybe #1 (although nobody did shit that round).

Either way, i think Romero should move to 205, he will never get a title shot at 185 and i think 205lbs is not very deep, Romero stuggles with the weight cutting, so maybe moving up will help him with his energy levels.

Yeah I dont think it was a chess match.
Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton was a chess match.
This was just shit.

Even tho, I think 49-46 or 48-47, whatever. Both are reasonable. Maybe even a 50-46. You could rule first round as 10-10, since nothing happened (or maybe a 8-8 LOL)

It was not 49-46, that is for sure. I am kind of surprised at how many people who are saying how bad Romero was and that Adesanya played a "chess-match". Both sucked, Izzy was simply pushing (or at least giving the impression of pushing) forward. Izzy had more strikes and he most likely won 2-4 and maybe #1 (although nobody did shit that round).

Either way, i think Romero should move to 205, he will never get a title shot at 185 and i think 205lbs is not very deep, Romero stuggles with the weight cutting, so maybe moving up will help him with his energy levels.

You know it's a bad fight when the ref stops both fighters while standing and tells them they need to give the judges something to score.

• Upvote 2

Shouldnt this be stopped earlier bybthe doctor?

I say no, Joanna was in pain but it wasn’t going to ruined her career. A forehead hematoma is pretty common in combat sports and it doesn’t effect long term health in terms of her vision and such.

Main thing is, she was still okay to fight, she kept it very competitive and was still pushing the fight and going like it was her chance to win her Title back.

Don’t like Joanna but she showed so much heart and I’ve always enjoyed watching her fights. Beast.

There actually is a risk of infection in the hematoma after the fight... I mean, of course I enjoyed the fight, just asking how much of the athlete's health is tolerable to drain just because we want to be entertained

I say no, Joanna was in pain but it wasn’t going to ruined her career. A forehead hematoma is pretty common in combat sports and it doesn’t effect long term health in terms of her vision and such.

Main thing is, she was still okay to fight, she kept it very competitive and was still pushing the fight and going like it was her chance to win her Title back.

Don’t like Joanna but she showed so much heart and I’ve always enjoyed watching her fights. Beast.

There actually is a risk of infection in the hematoma after the fight... I mean, of course I enjoyed the fight, just asking how much of the athlete's health is tolerable to drain just because we want to be entertained

Always a risk, but again, not common. If it’s taken care of properly and drained properly it’ll be fine 9/10.

I get your point though, I just feel this injury which is pretty common, and a Joanna's Will to fight, I think they made a good choice letting it go on. Joanna will recover and be back.