Old Sparring Videos

These are some of my erly boxing sparring videos i recently put on youtube. im doing like a before and after these six wil be the before and by the end of the summer i will post the after. please tell me what i can improve on and what im doing wrong as i still make some of the mistakes in these vids. they are from about april of 2012 when the gym first opened t that point i never really boxed much i mainly did Muay Thai. I'm wearing the black gloves grey shoes and wifebeater.

First Sparring Session (my phone is shit so only the first round is complete and also we missed round four cause it died.)

PT1 round 1

https://www.youtube....h?v=V5o4wFz0DfY

PT2 Round 2

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y2rfRXFyo7w

PT3 Round 3

https://www.youtube....h?v=sBF-1x5OCk8

Second sparring session (i only started recording the last 2 rounds cause thats when i got to better partners visiting from Scarbrough boxing club.)

Round 5 PT1

https://www.youtube....h?v=pKYPH2JayJM

Round 5 PT2

https://www.youtube....h?v=tjWKrjyDBwg

Round 6 (I did not get knocked down he stepped on my foot while i was walking back wards and i knocked his punch down. turn annotation on.)

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZAgdSVcApxQ

Footwork is the single most important standup skill, period. I've seen very strong punchers with strong chins get punched silly and knocked down by guys with accurate footwork. I know it's cliche, but footwork can't be stressed enough. Timing, distance, and power will all come naturally with proper movement. Read some of Bruce Lee's writings on timing and distance. Nothing has changed since then.

Keep your hands up and your chin down. Circle out of the corner. Keep your feet in position. Other than that a decent start.

I fixed the corner issue although in that video it's not really accurate on what was going on in the corner because to this day i remember i was winning there. i've lernt not to get stuck in the corner and how to get out once im there as you know the was from 1 year and 3 1/2 months ago. only got to uploading recently because of my new computer i just got.

Footwork is the single most important standup skill, period. I've seen very strong punchers with strong chins get punched silly and knocked down by guys with accurate footwork. I know it's cliche, but footwork can't be stressed enough. Timing, distance, and power will all come naturally with proper movement. Read some of Bruce Lee's writings on timing and distance. Nothing has changed since then.

Yeah i have been working hard on my footwork and im really looking better with my timing, head movement, and distance i really need to make sure my hands are up at all time and my chin still does pop up from time to time.

I've been training Muay Thai for over a year, and I had big problems with my chin coming up. I started tucking a golf ball under my chin when shadow boxing. It helped me a lot. And I was told to picture my feet like they are tank treads, never crossing, and you only move the foot that is towards the direction you want to go. The other one just slides into place behind it. So if you are a righty, you move forward and to the left with your left, back and to the right with your right. I was made to practice by circling a box, always facing front but moving left, forward, right, then back, around and around it, hands up with weights in them.

I've been training Muay Thai for over a year, and I had big problems with my chin coming up. I started tucking a golf ball under my chin when shadow boxing. It helped me a lot. And I was told to picture my feet like they are tank treads, never crossing, and you only move the foot that is towards the direction you want to go. The other one just slides into place behind it. So if you are a righty, you move forward and to the left with your left, back and to the right with your right. I was made to practice by circling a box, always facing front but moving left, forward, right, then back, around and around it, hands up with weights in them.

Those sound like god ideas. I already train with weights and its helped a lot but i still have problems keeping them up all the time but i catch my self doing it a lot easier and then correct the problem it's maniely coming off combos or when boobing weaving and slipping.

I would say that cardio is also important and also confidence you cant train it but you will need it when you get hit hard

Thats one thing i have no lck of Confidence as i ussually spar with bigger men and get hit often against the biger and more experienced guy although I although somtimes i get to cocky and tend to drop my hands and rely on head movement to much.

Thats one thing i have no lck of Confidence as i ussually spar with bigger men and get hit often against the biger and more experienced guy although I although somtimes i get to cocky and tend to drop my hands and rely on head movement to much.

Are you only doing boxing or are you planning on moving to mma

You are too flat footed, need to not cross your feet over from orthodox to south paw, you also need to learn how to control the ring and cut him off instead of chasing him around. Keep your head and hands up and chin tucked in and your punches need to be more crisp.

As i had said before i fixed the foot work problem. thanks for the advice about ring control i will try and work on that. I have added much more snap to my punches instead of just pushing them out there and although I have mainly corrected this problem my chin still pops up from time to time and when i get tired my hands tend to drop from time to time.

This guy said he is 24-0 and trains with Rashad Evans.

http://i44.tinypic.com/24b701t.jpg

why do you love to talk shit for. i said i did a seminar with rashad i live in canada how could i train with him also that was from when i first started boxing in april of 2012.

why do you love to talk shit for. i said i did a seminar with rashad i live in canada how could i train with him also that was from when i first started boxing in april of 2012.

I dont want to be rude but you train boxing for 1 year and call yourself mma prospect? And where the fuck then you where 24-0 if you train only for a year?

Besides, what use is uploading sparring videos from over a year ago, back when you admittedly _JUST STARTED TRAINING_?

im gonna do a before and after after the summer im gonna upload new ones.

im gonna do a before and after after the summer im gonna upload new ones.

He asked if you started training a year a go or you have some other experience with martial arts before that. Because a year in boxing and you call yourself a mma prospect is kinda weird.

He asked if you started training a year a go or you have some other experience with martial arts before that. Because a year in boxing and you call yourself a mma prospect is kinda weird.

one thats not what he asked and two yes i did Muay Thai and BJJ since i was 12.

I also have been wrestling for a year.

• 1 month later...