JAG Battle League - Trials By Fire Event Previews

Demo

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1547587679initiation%20III%20final.jpg

Top of the bill in London this weekend is the pairing of Goglin and King.

Monte "The Count" Goglin Bruce King

Record 4-0-1 (W-L-D) Record 1-2-0 (W-L-D

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42a3.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w14.jpg

Straight USA V England for the top of the bill wih the American Goglin the more experienced and undefeated fighter with 4 wins and one draw to his name. Goglin has three wins by TKO and one decision in his career to date. He is known as a punch sponge and has serious capacity to take hits and has elbows like razor blades if he can get to use them in his fights. In his last fight he took a bashing form his opponent and stayed standing till the end and eked out a draw. He had a tendency to fight in the clinch when he can to make good use of his elbows when he is in tight so King may need to stay back a bit to dodge Goglin’s elbows. I wonder can King’s heavy hands negate Goglins granite chin on Saturday?? King is the less experienced fighter here and has two defeats and one victory to his name, coming by way of TKO. King is behind Goglin MT and wrestling with only boxing the area that he excels at compared to Goglin. The only hope King has is to keep Goglin standing and land a sucker punch while keeping out of the clinch at the same time. Verdict has to go to Goglin on this one

Jugger Naut John "Blacky" Smith

Record 2-1-0 (W-L-D) Debut Fight

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b11.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b17.jpg

Jugger has two wins to his name since joining the JAG stable and both have been by submission and a decision. On paper Smith is the better at MT and Naut better at wrestling and both fighters even across the board other than this. Smith is an unknown quantity as he is stepping into the cage for the first time professionally. Naut is a brawler with a granite chin and knows both how to take punishment and to give it! To date Naut has preferred to brawl in either a clinch on the deck rather than standing up and given his advantage in wrestling over Smith I would expect more of the same on Saturday. Smith is going to have to try to avoid being under Naut on Saturday night in the cage to have a chance to claim his first professional scalp. Kinda think this could be a debut win for the JAG Rookie,

Chistopher "The Viper" Hammer Henry "Baddest Man On Space" Mioci

Record 7-3-0 (W-L-D) Record 1-1-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/43/43b11.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15435020633411.jpg

Viper is a JAG debutante by has plenty of experience to date with ten fights and seven wins he is known as a brawler and has a chin of stone to boot. Mioci is quick as lightning and had great MT and the ability to take any man down easily so Hammers granite chin might not get touched on Saturday! Mioci’s only win to date has been by submission when he charged into his opponent and ended the fight with only 39 seconds gone in round one! BOth these fighters are fairly evenly matched other than in MT where Mioci is miles ahead of the Viper, this might be interesting as both fighters enjoy clinching and takedowns but neither fighter to date has shown much interest in staying standing in the clinch, will Mioci keep the fighters standing and see if he can wear down the Viper or will the Viper clinch get to the floor and try to win by way of submission. I would have to favour the Viper slightly in this one due to his greater experience.

Best of luck to all the fighters and managers taking part at the weekend.

Don’t forget to join our discord channel at the following link

https://discord.gg/5TsKhj

Setanta King.

• Upvote 1

Neither of those 2 who are ahead of Benedetti were stars a month ago when rankings were published either so dont talk to me about patience I just told you I was promised a shot 2 or 3 fights ago dunno what you expect or how its anything to do w you

Be fair, bro. It wasnt 2 or 3 fights ago. It was before your fight with Sao, that I told you that you would get a title fight. Before that, you were complaining about Dikoume getting a title shot. I told you he was up for a title shot at 185 and he asked if he went down to 170 could he get his shot, I told him yes. If you're going to try to sully my name, at least do it honestly. I told you your next fight is a title match. You know, blasting me in public only makes you look butthurt. I doubt you would find too many managers who have a problem with me keeping my word to them as far as getting fair fights and title matches go. If your fighters weren't given a review, it's most likely because they weren't headlining events. You said you looked back, you may have noticed after a certain time, only the top 3 fights of the event was preveiwed. Lastly, if you have an issue with me, it would be cool to come to me with the issue first, then if I don't rectify the problem, come and tell MMA Tycoon what an asshole I am.

• Upvote 5

Yep done all that, spoke to you about this via inbox multiple times with my last message being that I have dejavu being asked about a title shot lol so drop the facade. We’ve spoke quite a few times in fact. And no it was a long fucking time before Alela so you be fair for once. Why does someone get a title shot just because they change divisions and ask for it?

Got no problem with you keeping your word just expect you to keep your word with all managers not just your favourites.

Since you want to be a Dickhead...lets bring our evidence out in the open:

Hey bro 2019-01-11 10:44:50

You got your title fight. Is 1/26 too soon? The next date I would have would be for the second week in February.

Hey bro 2019-01-11 10:46:56

Yeah, I see Mario still needs a week recovery. We will set it for the second week in February.

2019-01-11 11:24:33

Hey guys. We're off to a slow start, so far, this year. We were closing in on top 15 Worldwide, now back at 20. Seems I will have to strip another title holder, for inactivity. Actually same fighter, different manager. How does that happen. I'm hoping we can get back on track in February, moving back up the ladder. It's been a hell of a ride, so far. But, let's keep on truckin.

Btw, if you have Discord, join our channel. https://discord.gg/yVvjMY

Mail from: JAG Battle League

Re: Hey bro 2019-01-11 11:25:53

who against?

Re: Re: Hey bro 2019-01-11 13:26:26

Dixon Camara

Hey bro 2019-01-13 01:50:50

You want that title fight?

Re: Hey bro 2019-01-13 09:57:48

Jesus bro Im having dejavu

Re: Re: Hey bro 2019-01-13 19:04:44

Is good or bad? Lol

Re: Re: Re: Hey bro 2019-01-13 19:07:11

Lol course I want a shot, think hes earned it especially considering the others going inactive. Dixon gonna be tough though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey bro 2019-01-13 19:14:41

Yeah, of course he earned it. It was more of a rhetorical question. I was wondering when. I was thinking 2nd week in February.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey bro 2019-01-13 21:12:46

Sounds good to me

Fighter Accepted the fight offer. 2019-01-18 07:10:02

Fight Offered

Fighter : Buenaventura Durruti

Opponent : Toshi Harada

Weight : 135 lbs

Rounds : 3

Title : No

Event : JBL Friday Nights 1

Matchmaker : Nate Baker

Date : 2019-02-01

Fighter Accepted the fight offer. 2019-01-21 00:14:53

Fight Offered

Fighter : Murky McTavern

Opponent : Jack King

Weight : 205 lbs

Rounds : 3

Title : No

Event : JBL Friday Nights 1

Matchmaker : Nate Baker

Date : 2019-02-01

Contract offer returned. 2019-01-21 00:00:00

You had a contract offer pending to fighter Vasily Grossman they signed with another org, so your offer has been returned.

Now, I will admit, I did tell you that you would get a title shot before these correspondences. I told you after your fight with McNulty, then gave you the Alela fight after McNulty and Dikoume got the fight he asked for, before I told you that you would get the shot. Which meant you would fight the winner between Tiago and Marcel.

Furthermore, I don't give two shits how you feel about me giving Marcel the shot before Mario. I gave my word and I kept it. Keep on being butthurt about it...I don't give a rat's ass. You kind of make me wish I never accepted your fighter into the league. I mean, I did break restriction to let your fighters in, because of how you said you were being treated in your other org. Makes me wonder if you were being treated poorly over there at all...or were you just butthurt over something that happened over there as well?

Mario's last JAG fights:

Opponent Method Event Date W/C Rnd Time

W Sao Alela Decision (Unanimous) A New Chapter 2019-01-05 170 3 05:00 view

W Jim McNulty Decision (Unanimous) JBL 11 Countdown 2018-12-15 170 3 05:00 view

W Magnar Sigthordisson KO (Strikes) Invincible 2018-11-24 170 1 03:18 view

W Khabib Nurmagoduv Decision (Unanimous)Of The Night Award Onslaught 2018-10-27 170 3 05:00 view

The last title defense:

Opponent Method Event Date W/C Rnd Time

W Marcel Dikoume Submission (RNC) Final Destination 2018-12-29 170 1 02:50 view

So, if I told you 2 or 3 fights before that you would get a title shot?

• Upvote 4

“Now, I will admit, I did tell you that you would get a title shot before these correspondences. I told you after your fight with McNulty, then gave you the Alela fight after McNulty and Dikoume got the fight he asked for, before I told you that you would get the shot. Which meant you would fight the winner between Tiago and Marcel.”

This being the salient piece of information out of all that, I’m pretty certain it was before McNulty but anyway. Like I said you gave me your word too, so why be giving your word to multiple managers? Wouldn’t have been an issue really if you hadn’t.

And I’m not the only manager you “broke the rules for”.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol never thought a simple preview could cause such problems :)

@cuedini, not the place to post your issues as this is a preview thread. Any issues can be addressed directly with Nate and no doubt will be resolved. As mentioned above the top 3 fights usually get previewed altough I did pick a random lower fight 2 previews ago to mix it up a little bit. I'm sure for the many events that JAG have held there is a number of managers that have never had their fights previewed and there has never been anyone giving out about it (until you did now). I am all for spreading the previews where it helps the org and based on what you have said (despite your tone) I might consider amending my previews in the future to some of the manager that have not been previewed before and see if that is of interest to the org.

• Upvote 1

Now, I will admit, I did tell you that you would get a title shot before these correspondences. I told you after your fight with McNulty, then gave you the Alela fight after McNulty and Dikoume got the fight he asked for, before I told you that you would get the shot. Which meant you would fight the winner between Tiago and Marcel.

This being the salient piece of information out of all that, Im pretty certain it was before McNulty but anyway. Like I said you gave me your word too, so why be giving your word to multiple managers? Wouldnt have been an issue really if you hadnt.

And Im not the only manager you broke the rules for.

Firstly Setanta is right, if you have a problem, you can bring them directly to me or even in Smack Talk, this isn't the place for it.

Secondly, Yeah, sounds about right. everything else in that post that points out that you're lying about me giving you a title fight 2 or 3 fights ago doesn't matter. I'm sure I didn't tell you that you would be getting the fight before McNulty. As, I mentioned in one of our mails, my plan was to have you and Alela fight for the next title match. I'm sure you don't remember that, though, huh.

Lastly, yeah, I broke the rule for other fights...not before you though. I believe I told you that it was against my principles when we first talked about it. But, I guess you don't remember that either.

One more thing, your title fight is coming up, why are you bitching about not getting a shot anyway?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I spoke to you about it via inbox Nate. I also mentioned in previous post when u said exact same thing that I’d spoke to u about it via inbox, ironic that I’m the forgetful one.

And lol you’ve just twisted everything I’ve said I didn’t say you promised me a shot 2 or 3 fights before McNulty, I said 2 or 3 from now. You also didn’t say Alela was an eliminator until I reminded you that you’d promised title shot. Yep his title shot is coming up now, like you say... since you’ve sent it today lol seems you just make stuff up as you go along.

@setanta as I said in previous post, and again for anyone else who wants to say I should have mentioned it to Nate personally....I did, ok! I don’t think I’ve spoke with you before but someone in my alliance spoke highly of you recently on our discord. Nate though you’re just a grade A bellend.

• Upvote 1

Learn to read, windowlicker. I didn't say 2 or 3 fights before McNulty. I said 2 or 3 fights would have been before McNulty. I also said that your title fight would be the second week in February. You just fought 1/5. Doesn't it make sense that I just finished next week's events, so you would be getting a fight offer now that I'm making the events for the second week in February. I hope you lose, so when your fights are done you can leave since you're so unhappy. I won't be surprised if you're seen bitching in your next org's forum.

Lastly, if you're going to reply to this...PLEASE, don't do it in this thread. It's for fight previews.

• Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1548107325Invincible%20II.gif

Next big title event is this Saturday in Los Angeles when the 185 and 205 lb titles are on the line. In the 195 current champ Boxaaja is stepping into the cage with old rival Sireika who lost the title back in November last so Sireika will be out for take the belt back on Saturday!

In the 205 division Romero is defending his belt against Billy the Bastard who is taking his first title shot of his career, can he wrestle the belt from Romero??

Phol Boxaaja Arnoldas Sireika

Record 9-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 9-1-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13954918807232.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/6/6w18.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20180511221128JBL-ChampBelt.jpg

Sireika is still smarting from the only defeat on his record to date from back in November. On paper Boxaaja has the better boxing, wrestling and BJJ skills with Sireika only shading is slightly in the MT department. Boxaaja has good talent and can mix it standing as well as on the ground and five of his victories have been by TKO with the other four by way of submissions. His last couple of fights have been fought a variety of ways with Boxaaja throwing punches / kicks to soften up opponents before getting close and taking the fight to the floor where his purple BJJ belt comes into good use when trying to close out the fight by submission. He is like the duracell bunny and will go all night so Sireika better be prepared for a battle! Sireika is taking his second fight under his new manager Mello Jones and he will be hoping to have a better result than his last outing when he was beaten by Hickings. This should be an interesting fight as Sireika has serious hands and can KO guys if he connects right, he tends to prefer to fight in the clinch and will need to try to avoid being taken down in this fight as if he is on the canvas then Boxaaja has the upper hand. I expect Sireika to get tight clinch then use his KO power to end the fight. Have to favour the defending champ on this one.

Joel Romero Billy The Bastard "Jones"

Record 9-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 4-2-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33w15.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15308487236490.png

Romero has owned this title since Thay Budo was stripped of his title for going off to join a Buddhist monastery to find inner peace back in September (editor's note - Thay Budo has rejoined following his sabbatical so watch this space). On paper Billy has the better boxing and MT and they are even enough other than that. However will the undefeated champs better experience come into play on Saturday? Interesting fact about Romero is despite the fact he has the stamina of a gazelle he has ended all his fights before the end of the first round! Eight of Romero’s wins have been by submission and one by TKO so it’s no secret what he is going to do on Saturday but even when you know what’s coming he is a hard man to stop. The Bastard is a gentleman with a very sharp edge and loves walking into the cage with his entourage with Motorhead King of Kings blaring. He is eclectic and usually rolls in to the ring wearing a Saville Row three piece suit and definitely looks the part of a gentleman until he unleashes hell with his fists! He is way more inexperienced than Romero but has four wins by TKO to his name, hs is on a roll as his last five fights have been victories so the wind is in his sails at the moment. The Bastard doesn’t much miss with his fists and given Romero’s talent on the ground his best chance to get the title will be to stay standing and pummel Romero into submission, also even if you knock the Bastard down he gets back up in one of his most recent fights he was on his knees after getting a right hook jumped back up and put his opponent on the mat with a punch then followed him down to pound him into the canvas to win the fight, don’t underestimate him. My gut would say Romero will retain but I have a sneaking doubt that if anyone can take it from him it’s gonna be the Bastard.

I have picked my next fight to preview from lower down the undercard for fighters I haven’t previewed before (I think) and have picked Kropp V Maestre as I like Kropps backstory and think he deserves recognition

Yul "The Coffin" Kropp Luis "The Dexter Creole" Maestre

Record 2-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 1-0-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15019574151166.gif http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/13/13w16.jpg

The coffin has joined JAG recently and this is his first fight for the org he is a dedicated and weighs a whopping 300lbs!! He is a bit unusual and don’t know if I’d like to meet him in a dark alley on a Saturday night but the massive bulk hides a surprising inner peace that he learned from a cult of monks in his native Kosovo, as well as teaching him some inner peace they also taught him some barely legal MMA submission moves called Lavaeste that if it goes wrong there is likely to be a fatality in the ring! He has great ambition and is planning on dominating MMA for years to come. His two wins to date have been by TKO and TKO’s they were he has ended his two fights in 9 seconds and 5 seconds respectively, his last win was by superman punch and that is not something you see too often. He is ridiculously lethal his hands/hammers! Maestre is the better boxer of these so this might make things interesting, also Maestre has a good 35cm in reach advantage compared to Kropp so this might keep Kropp at bay while Maestre picks him off from distance and then when he has Kropp softened up he might try to make his superior wrestling count and bring Kropp to the canvas and try to end the fight. Maestre is an excellent boxer and has a granite chin and can hit with his only fight ending in 17 seconds after a KO by way of punch. I think Maestre will shade this fight.

Best of luck to all the fighters on Saturday and don’t forget to join our discord channel

https://discord.gg/xJPPRH

Setanta King

• Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1548883680retribtu.jpg

Next big fight night takes place this Saturday in Sydney with two belts on the line the 265lb and 170lb titles. Current champ in the 265lb division Phol takes on Romero who is taking his first shot at this belt. Also on the cards is the 170 pairing of Camara and Benedetti for the vacant 170lb belt.

Mfer Phol Jose Romero

Record 7-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 7-3-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14139845539596.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w16.jpg

Phol is the current champ having won the belt at the end of December when defeating Hyon by a kneebar submission in round one of their fight. Phol takes an impressive record into this fight and is undefeated in seven fights to date. On paper Phol is the better boxer and MT fighter when compared to Romero but all their other skills are relatively similar with not much between them in BJJ and Wrestling. Given his standup talents in boxing and MT it’s no surprise that most of Phols previous fight’s stay on their feet where he can do the most damage and he is equally comfortable in the clinch or going toe to toe, however his last two fights have been won with some impressive groundwork when taking down in the clinch. Romero has three defeats in his career to date and unfortunately one of this came by way of Hyon back in November whom Phol defeated to win the belt recently. Most of Romero’s wins have been by KO or TKO but his most recent fight was won by submission so like Phol he has changed his tactics in recent fights! Romero will not be as comfortable as Phol in standup and will likely try to get this fight to the floor where his good wrestling talents can be brought to bear on Phol. If Romero can get to the canvas here on Saturday he has a chance but still favour Phol to retain the belt.

"African Assassin" Dixon Camara Mario Benedetti

Record 5-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 6-0-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/14/14b5.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/39/39w4.jpg

Empty belt here for the taking and these two fighters look impressive and the only shame is that one of them is going home with a defeat in their otherwise unblemished careers! Camara is better on paper in MT and BJJ with Benedetti superior in boxing and marginally better wrestler than Camara. This is Camara’s first outing for JAG with his last bout being a title win in the 155lb division for another fight org when he ended the fight before some of the fans who left their seats to go to the jacks missed his title fight - it only took him 10 seconds to end it! Camara is a powerful fighter and has serious ability to cause damage with his lethal (and accurate) high kicks so Benedetti better watch out, he is also handy enough with his fists too as his previous fight showed. Previous fights show that Camara enjoys wearing his opponents down with kicks and clinches before heading to the floor to finish them off. Of Benedetti six wins four have been by decisions and have gone the distance so e is not a man to tire easily, he learned to fight at an early age and has a sponge like ability to soak up damage and it might be something to do with the fact that he is the eldest of four brothers and had to dish out some beatings to keep his cheeky little brothers in line! His last fight was a real slugfest with over 200 punches thrown between Benedetti and his opponent with Benedetti throwing nearly 60% of them. Not all landed, but enough did to win him his bout. Benedetti loves punching and loves it equally standing or in the clinch. I expect Benedetti to want to keep this one standing and he will be reluctant to go the floor where Camara has had more success to date. Hard to call but think Benedetti will win

In keeping in line with random pick of the other non title fights I have selected Serengeti V Sobrino to preview as well on Saturday as I don’t think I have previewed either of these guys before

God Of The Serengeti Tomas "Maño" Sobrino

Record 0-1-0 (W-L-D) Record 1-4-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/6/6w17.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42w2.jpg

Neither of these fighters has a great record to date but one thing is for sure on Saturday one of them is going to win and improve their poor records to date! On paper Sobrino has a massive edge over Serengeti in boxing and MT with Sobriono’s boxing in particular being his best talent, but Serengeti more than makes up for this deficit in MT and Wrestling with his Wrestling in particular being his best talent. Based on these stats I can only see the fight happening one way with Sobrino trying to stay standing and Serengeti wanting to get the fight to the canvas where he will have a huge advantage. Sobrino can soak up damage as in his last fight he had to take 90 punches to head and body from his last opponent so don’t expect him to go down easy. Serengeti despite having a granite jaw was KO’d after 1 min of his debut fight so this fight should be interesting on Saturday. Favour Serengeti slightly to win this one.

Best of luck to all fighters and managers taking part on Saturday

Setanta King

• Upvote 5

15163315666235.jpg

The Buttsex Monk: Yo huge respect to Seb for accepting this fight like super last minute :)

Camp Camara is here to do what we do best, #1 P4P and headline motherfucking events of course :)

Not sure for how much longer Monsieur Camara is gonna whore me out to these orgs but if he keeps feeding me London bitches like these I'm gonna keep fighting and busting fart boxes all night.

1548882637initiaon%20IV.jpg

Our sexy reporter Nina Bendsalotini caught up with the Mad Monk this weekend.

15163315666235.jpg

740full-livia-gullo.jpg

Nina: Dimochka, congratulations on saving the INITIATION IV event this past week ! Wow what a splash you made.

Rasputin: Da ! I wins again. Respect for my opponent, he fought well but I have superior genes.

Nina: What is next for the Buttsex Monk?

Rasputin: Buttsex

Nina: I mean in the MMA business? Who do you think you should fight? Are you here for a title fight?

Rasputin: Not at all, my manager said I whore you now. I not sure he meant belt, just buttsex.

Nina: Ok but you have to fight somebody right? No fight = no buttsex

Rasputin: In Soviet Russia, always buttsex.

Nina: Yeah but we are in London

Rasputin: London lots of Buttsex

Nina: Yes but I mean at JAG, who is next for you to fight in the cage?

Rasputin: Da ! I have someone in mind, blonde, really cute and has a tremendous butt.

Nina: me?

Rasputin: No you stupid bitch! Jack Steel AKA The Hammer !

Nina: There you have it folks ! The Buttsex Monk has spoken !

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w26.jpg

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1549316774JBL%2015.jpg

Next massive title night takes place this Saturday in Tokyo where the headline is the battle for the 155 lb title with the current belt holder Sitsongrit facing Thoressen who is challenging for belt for the first time.

Julio Cesar Sitsongrit Magnus "Hammer" Thoressen

Record 7-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 4-0-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w19.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21w26.jpg

From reading Sitsongrit blurb about his gym in Rio de Janeiro his advertising line says the following “Sitsongrit means "Student who passes along great ability" ("Sit" = student/pupil; "Song" = to pass along; "Rit" = great ability/enormous power)”, not sure how true this is but to date Sitsongrit has showed some great power and ability in winning the 155 title back in November when he defeated Alexandre, this will be his second defence of his title and he defeated Moese Daldo last time out to hold onto the belt. He is a great fighter but on Saturday Thoressen has the upper hand on him in the boxing and MT department but Sitsongrit is much more powerful in BJJ and wrestling. To date Sitsongrit has won by either submission or decision but even when winning by decision he has preferred to fight on the ground (but has been known to throw a punch or two when he can! That's what makes this fight interesting in that Thoressen will want to stay standing if at all possible but will have to be careful not to get too close in the clinch or Sitsongrit might be able to bring the fight to the ground where he has the advantage. Thoressen has serious knees and has great kicking ability as well so this should be interesting, Thoressen has fought other BJJ brawlers before and won so this could be tight. I slightly favour Thoressen on Saturday.

Next to top of the card is Woody and Wendel

Tyron Woody Mathias Wendel

Record 5-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 6-5-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22b14.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/8/8b2.jpg

No title on the cards here but should be a good fight as both fighters are even enough other than Woody has a huge BJJ advantage over Wendel. Woody is a strong man and has both excellent MT and takedown ability so his likely mode of attack will probably be clinch then get the fight to the ground where he has a serious advantage. Despite his obvious takedown talent he has the capacity to dish out punishment and in one of his previous fights he dished out 238 punches and 236 of them landed on his opponent (editor note: he must hit like a girl if he hit a guy that many times and the fight went full 3 rounds and to a decision !). Three of Woody’s fights have gone to decision and the other 2 by way of TKO Strike. Wendel has a different history and has been a previous champ in the 170lbs division of JBL in the past so he has serious talent as well. He has struggled against BJJ fighters in the past so he will want to keep this fight standing where his heavy hands can do serious damage to Woody, all of his previous wins have been by KO punch so expect him to come out swinging on Saturday. Despite their respective records and Woody’s unblemished record there could be an upset here is Wendel can keep Woody at arms length and use his undoubted talent with his fists.

Continuing with my random pick of the rest of the fights (Editor's Note: if you put in a fighter bio / backstory you MIGHT be more likely to get picked ‘randomly’ from now on) I will preview Reece and Rakovich.

Reece "R1" HC Filip "Thunder" Rakovich

Record 4-2-0 (W-L-D) Record 5-3-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b24.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w35.jpg

Thunder has the slightly better record of these two fighters to date with one extra win but on paper this is an interesting one when you compare the fighters. HC is a wonderful boxer and beats Thunder all hands up in this are but HC is much better in BJJ than Thunder with all the other stats even enough (other than morale where Thunder’s morale is so low I’m surprised he can get out of bed in the mornings!). One little nugget of info here is that HC has lost to Rakovich before in his first ever QFC fight when Thunder got HC to tap out in the first round when he got HC into a Kimura Submission in round one of their fight, will history repeat itself on Saturday?? Since his initial loss to THunder HC has only lost one other time by submission again and all his wins have been by KO/TKO’s. He has a sold chin that can take some damage and he is very accurate with fists but will he be able to stay standing long enough on Saturday to get his revenge on Thunder? Thunder is the exact opposite fighter to HC and has won four of his five fights by way of Submissions with the other win by way of TKO. I would expect this fight to be on the floor as soon as possible if THunder gets his way. I kind of fancy HC slightly in this bout.

Best of luck to all the fighters taking part this weekend

Setanta King

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1550356873JBL17.jpg

Seconds out ! The next JAG title event is happening this Saturday in the Arena of Hard Knocks in Los Angeles where the 170 lb title is being defended for the first time By Mario Benedetti who only won the belt at the start of February and has the balls to step in to defend the title so soon after winning it. Benedetti is no chicken shit running from title fights so he can hold on to the belt for a few more weeks ! Well done Mario :)

Main event on the night is the title pairing of current champ Benedetti and Woody, challenging for this belt for the first time ever.

Mario Benedetti http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/flags_small/Uruguay.png Tyron Woody http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/flags_small/United_States_of_America.png

Record 7-0-0 (W-L-D) Record 6-0-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/39/39w4.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22b14.jpg

This looks like a cracking fight on paper with both these fighters undefeated stepping into the cage on Saturday. Benedetti is made of stone and can really take a hit and four of his seven wins have gone the full distance and he won by unanimous decision so he has staying power as well so he is a dangerous man. On paper Benedetti is the much better boxer but on all the other major skills such as MT, Wrestling and BJJ Woody is slightly better than Benedetti. Benedetti much favours standup fighting when he can get away with it and with his ability to soak up damage he will want to keep this one standing on Saturday if possible as Woody will have a slight advantage if he can take the fight to the floor. Expect Benedetti to work Woody from a distance and wear him down. Three of Woody’s last fights were won by decision and he has the heart of a lion, his other wins were by submission and two TKO Strikes. I would expect Woody to try to get close to Benedetti and work him over in the clinch a bit to soften him up (with his superior MT) then bring the fight to the floor where he has the advantage and try to use his submission / BJJ ability to end the fight. If Benedetti stays standing he will win but I can’t see Woody letting this happen too easily!!

Next for preview is the 170lb pairing of Sonnen and Belyakov

Chael "The American Gangstar" Sonnen Kirill Belyakov

Record 9-1-0 (W-L-D) Record 6-0-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w25.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26w16.jpg

This is like a rerun of Rocky 4 with USA up against Russia for the honours in this fight. This is an unusual fight on paper with wild variations in skill levels on both sides ! Sonnen is better in MT and BJJ with Belyakov better in boxing and wrestling, however Balyakov’s morale is very low at the minute for some reason, maybe pummeling the American Gangstar on Saturday might improve that! Gangstars record is pretty good to date with only one defeat when being beaten by current 155lbs title holder Sitsongrit so no shame in being beaten by him. Sonnen has won all of his fights by way of KO/TKO by strikes and he has a granite chin and is known as a dangerous Ground and Pound man. His favoured tactic is to hit opponents for takedown then hammer them into pieces. Belyakov is known as a decent wrestler but to date has preferred to use his fists of fury to put opponents down and doesn’t tend to go to ground easily, Belyakov will need to keep this fight standing at all costs to have a hope as Gangstar is lethal on the ground to date. Belyakov knows how to win and if he can resist the repeated takedown attempts on Saturday he will probably win this fight.

Random fight for the night is as follows:

Aleksy Dzikowski Renato "Cobra" Gomes

Record 4-3-0 (W-L-D) Record 3-1-0 (W-L-D)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27b14.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/10/10b15.jpg

On paper Dzikowski has the upper hand in boxing and MT and wrestling with Gomes being the better BJJ specialist of the two. Dzikowski has four wins to date with his debut fight for JBL ending in defeat, 3 of his previous wins were by decision and the other was by way of Submission. He has a granite chin and prefers to fight on the counter and has good takedown ability which he uses constantly in previous fights, but I’m wondering is he might change tactics and use his superior standup ability to win this fight?? Gome on the other hand has three wins to his name with his debut fight for JBL resulting in victory last time out. All his wins have been by submission and he is very fond of takedowns too so I expect this fight to be won by the best ground fighter, which to date has been Gomes so I would favour him slightly on Saturday.

Best of luck to all the fighters taking part

Setanta King

• Upvote 5