Optional Primary's

Rambo

Selective Primary's or not?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Separate skill cap for all three. All elite physicals is impossible... You can't have Romero strength and speed and have 150 cardio. GSP would be there top of the line but even his agility wouldn't be elite. Also makes for more creative builds.

Also there is no fighter in the world who has elite boxing, mt(kickboxing) AND wrestling. Not saying anything drastic but builds like elite sens exceptional wonderful at least partially allows for more diversity without drastically altering the game. When implementing this you simply allow already built fighters to pick what points they need to take out.

Also for secondary skill cap I say fuck it, keep it around the same (around 7 140 skills so 980 points(let's say 1000) but let's put a cap on only allowing 2 elites, 2 sens, 2 exceptional, 2 wonderful. Pretty sure that's over a 1000 but you get my point.

I love this game but it's DOMINATED by having stand up fighters with all elite stand up skills, all elite physicals and all elite grappling defense. 99% of active games start nerfing things slowly to change up the meta.

• Upvote 2

I gotta admit I'm starting to warm up to this idea a little bit. Maybe a fighter with Romero strength and speed but 12 conditioning because of a physical cap struggles to fight till decision cause of gassing? And maybe a wrestler with max balance and conditionig is a little bix worse at striking and a slow starter but gets more accurate as the fight prolongs like Colby Covington. I also believe that their should be more backgrounds with fighters than 4. (Kixkboxing/Boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ/Judo/Martial Arts/Catch Wrestling/Sambo/Taekwondo). Maybe just maybe if each style has a significant style or advantage an a significant disadvantage in one area and not elite elite elite, we will see more diverse competitive matches.

IMO physical cap should be limited to STRENGTH/CARDIO. Say 250-275 pts.

With 250 pt cap you can have 125 pts (exceptional+) in each. If you want elite++ cardio, you'll have remarkable strength. Want elite++ strength? Remarkable cardio.

Personally I think Elite/Wonderful or Elite/Exceptional is a good cap. 270 pts between cardio/strength seems reasonable. The other physicals get taken care of due to age decline/skill decline.

Shouldn't be hard caps on physicals outside cardio/str, unless build restricted (150 cm, 300 lb fighter restricted to useless flexibility and agility... 190 cm 135 lbs restricted to strong strength... etc..)

• Upvote 2

IMO physical cap should be limited to STRENGTH/CARDIO. Say 250-275 pts.

With 250 pt cap you can have 125 pts (exceptional+) in each. If you want elite++ cardio, you'll have remarkable strength. Want elite++ strength? Remarkable cardio.

Personally I think Elite/Wonderful or Elite/Exceptional is a good cap. 270 pts between cardio/strength seems reasonable. The other physicals get taken care of due to age decline/skill decline.

Shouldn't be hard caps on physicals outside cardio/str, unless build restricted (150 cm, 300 lb fighter restricted to useless flexibility and agility... 190 cm 135 lbs restricted to strong strength... etc..)

Yeah strength;cardio ratio is definitely the most important thing in physicals and if nothing else is done they at the very least need a cap.

Yeah strength;cardio ratio is definitely the most important thing in physicals and if nothing else is done they at the very least need a cap.

Outside of setting build restrictions as noted above (150cm, 300 lb speed caps, 225 cm 185 lb strength caps etc) think only thing to do is set cap on str/cardio.

It's unrealistic to cap agility, speed, flex, balance. And scientifically proven that strength (fast twitch muscle fiber) and cardio counter each other.

Outside of setting build restrictions as noted above (150cm, 300 lb speed caps, 225 cm 185 lb strength caps etc) think only thing to do is set cap on str/cardio.

It's unrealistic to cap agility, speed, flex, balance. And scientifically proven that strength (fast twitch muscle fiber) and cardio counter each other.

Its not that they "counter" each other.

Training is your body adapting to an aggression. Inflammatory cell pathway is as follows:

Aggression => injury => inflammation => repairing => healed tissue/increased performance (when applicable)

If damage too big to restore, cell follows (self programed) death path.

Now, with any training you follow this path, with your training session being the aggression, causing some kind of injury (muscle fiber tearing, compounds excess, like CO2, etc) and making the body repair and increase functionality by adding small increments each session.

Hypertrophy/strengtg training uses mTor pathway to chemically sign its repair, while cardio uses AMPk. AMPk inhibits mTor. Thats called "concurrent training". It doesnt mean its countered, it means the benefits are diminished for hypertrophy if you do both. You still get some results tho. Also, some articles relate concurrent training to better weight loss or hypertension/diabetes control.

So it all depends what you are training for.

All in all, training is very specific. You can train squat for 30 years and be a very strong squatter. You will still probably be a shitty deadlifter or bench presser (for competitive benchmarks).

I think if we try to "follow reality" too far we will end up ruining balance in the game

I do agree with the physical caps tho

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...