Clinch issues

JLP

clinch issues  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

2. 2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump
  3. 3. Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump

JLP shut the fuck up this isnt my first time playing and I dont like your holy er than thou attitude. Call me a noob when you know who the fuck I am. You guys constantly want fixes nothing that is done or will be done is going to make you happy. So you want an engine that benifits your clinch rape.Nice.. I dont think it needs changed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

JLP shut the fuck up this isnt my first time playing and I dont like your holy er than thou attitude. Call me a noob when you know who the fuck I am. You guys constantly want fixes nothing that is done or will be done is going to make you happy. So you want an engine that benifits your clinch rape.Nice.. I dont think it needs changed.

here we go.

:mf_popcorn1:

Silva vs Leben

Silva vs Franklin

Okami vs few people

Nate Diaz vs Cerrone

Overoid vs Brock (and Brock would be considered woeful muay thai at best)

Barnett vs Mir

Shane Carwin vs Mir

can anybody else name very successful clinch fighters in MMA, that actually succeed in UFC or another top promotion? Can't really recall anybody getting clinch fucked Muay Thai style except Franklin.

• Upvote 2

Silva vs Leben

Silva vs Franklin

Okami vs few people

Nate Diaz vs Cerrone

Overoid vs Brock (and Brock would be considered woeful muay thai at best)

Barnett vs Mir

Shane Carwin vs Mir

can anybody else name very successful clinch fighters in MMA, that actually succeed in UFC or another top promotion? Can't really recall anybody getting clinch fucked Muay Thai style except Franklin.

Didn't Mir fuck Cro Cop up with Thai clinch? And I would probably say Werdum vs. Nelson.

You really think that these guys are looking to make clinch so overpowered it trumps every other aspect of the game just so they can "clinch rape"? Listen to what you're saying man lol. This game is far from a finished product. Actually it's still in some sort of beta phase afaik. So yeah man much like in real life most of us want progress. Don't be scared homie.

i think a dam/acc slider needs to added in the clinch and ground game.

This.

I don't think damage should be increased by default. Most of the time the clinch game is just a bunch of weak rabbit punches, blocked knees or weak knee/leg shots to the opponents legs. It's mostly just control and wearing the other guy out. You have to do what Anderson Silva does and grab the guy in the middle of the cage to land a few knees. Middle of the cage MT is missing in this game.

As for the effectiveness of elbows/knees/punches in the clinch, those need to be looked at. If all you have are punches and you go up against a guy with punches, elbows and knees, you should lose. Period. But with the current setup, all you need are punches. Having the elbows and knees doesn't help that much compared to other facets of the game.

IMO exiting clinch should be a little bit easier - WITH THAT I'd like to see a damage increase for elbows and knees. I dont think they should land more often but when they land they should deal good damage.

Im saying this becouse IMO clinching in IRL fighting is pretty much opponent controlling heavy tactic and when you add well placed knees and elbows it usually brings results. No one goes apeshit aggro while clinching these days or so I think. If you're too aggressive in clinch you usually lose a position or the clinch.

• Upvote 2

Problem is that clinch works very differently depending on what level you are fighting at. At lower levels you can decimate someone in the clinch but it doesn't work that way with the better fighters.

I think this is the most accurate explanation of what is going on currently. Naming real life fighters is not really going to find a solution for us. It seems like people who have been clinch raped want to end the effectiveness and if we do that, that will just be more strategy and diversity in this game thrown out of the window. Lets not make a huge overhaul

I do feel like certain aspects of MMA are different in this game specifically for strategy... im going against my 2nd Elbow only opponent this month soon. literally the Opponent ONLY throws elbows in the clinch, no standup punches or kicks and no ground game. IRL this wouldnt work, but he actually thought of a strategy for this game to cause cuts and win fights. If i cant keep him from doing that, it isnt him cheating, its me failing to come up with a better strategy than a one trick pony

To some people, any strategy is spamming, all i see here is people crying about Takedown spammer, clinch spammer, submission spammer and before it was head kick spammer... but i think there is a way to stop all of them, people just dont seem to want to adjust, whatever we change will cause a new "SPAM"

• Upvote 2

Problem is that clinch works very differently depending on what level you are fighting at. At lower levels you can decimate someone in the clinch but it doesn't work that way with the better fighters.

Yeah it definately is this way but I dont see it as a problem. We should look at the clinch issues at the higher level becouse there the skills usually are way more even. This obviously comes down to the way that we create our fighters with few "maxed" skills so there are many sort of miss-matches in the lower levels. Useless clincher should be useless. :)

You really think that these guys are looking to make clinch so overpowered it trumps every other aspect of the game just so they can "clinch rape"? Listen to what you're saying man lol. This game is far from a finished product. Actually it's still in some sort of beta phase afaik. So yeah man much like in real life most of us want progress. Don't be scared homie.

Not what I meant Calm and I actually like JLP .... Im just not seeing a need for this...

Not what I meant Calm and I actually like JLP .... Im just not seeing a need for this...

Maybe you should have come up with an argument that made your case instead of saying people are trying to tilt the game in their favor and making a rather silly slippery slope argument about not needing physicals.

It used to be a little bit easier to get into the clinch than to score a TD, that seems correct to me. Now it's far easier to end up with a TD than to actually initiate a clinch, that seems wrong to me. In the game it's always been hard to exit the clinch and I dont think thats right either. If we were to make the clinch easier to exit, we would probably have to give a bump to attacks in the clinch to balance it out a bit.

• Upvote 2

Yes, you can win with any of the non-realistic strategies at the lower level of the game. To me, a fighter really only gets interesting to fight with once they hit 23+ and give you a little more well rounded skillset.

Yes, you can win with any of the non-realistic strategies at the lower level of the game. To me, a fighter really only gets interesting to fight with once they hit 23+ and give you a little more well rounded skillset.

I'd rather fight with good fighters too, but a large percentage of managers fight with weaker guys and It is definitely something that shouldn't be overlooked.

• Upvote 1

My opinions on the clinch are.

1. Make counter clinch at the same rate as counter takedowns.

2. Counter takedowns which fail should sometimes end up in the clinch. Gives a little something to think about inside of the clinch.

3. Takedowns in the clinch should be a little easier to get. Difference with it is make the determining factor on how successful the takedown is on the clinch skill + takedown.

4. Stop scoring misses inside of the clinch. I have seen fighters who throw 100 odd punches in the clinch and land 10 shots win fights over those who throw 30 punches and land 20.

5. Clinch breaks a little easier to get.

6. Elbows to land easier in the clinch, id go as far to say as well as punches do. Make elbows relevant, knees to the head with more damage, knees and body punches powers nerf'd a little bit. At HW a knee to the body or a couple of body shots is a death sentence.

7. Clinches a little easier to get also would go a long way, it seems though that going in for the clinch means you get countered a lot, meaning a lot of people are nervous to go for the clinch yet takedowns don't get countered as often.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think that knees definitely should do more damage, especially when it says the opponent has been hit by a heavy knee or something similar. With regards to elbows, I don't use them really, so I said neither need a boast.

As for entering or leaving the clinch, I don't think there's any major problems there.

• Upvote 1

1. It should be slightly easier to get into and out of clinches

2. Control in the clinch should be improved

3. It should also be easier to stand up from a TD, but ref stand ups should be decreased

4. Damage in the clinch can remain the same - elbows cut, knees gas, etc.

5. Accuracy in the clinch needs to be increased/improved

6. Before any of these things are addressed, PLEASE update body gassing at heavier weights. HW and SHW fights have become stale because of it.

Damage of knees to the head should increase. I mean what the fuck, in some fights the fight stats are just driving me mad - where the hell did you saw a guy take 40 knees to the head, 70 to the body, and stay standing?

Also, KNEES TO THE THIGHS! We really need this! This would open up hundreds of new strategy's, especially against dominating GnP wrestlers. We could go to the clinch, and have a high accuracy weapon (knees to the thigh) that would wear our opponent's legs down, so it would be hard for him to go for a takedown... :)