TUF 14- Mayhem vs Pissping

Face Kicker

Oh pipe down moaning about "racial bullshit",I said nothing remotely racist. Its an American thing to chant "USA USA USA" to taunt fighters from other countries so it stands to reason American fight fans dont like it when American fighters are beaten by people from other countries, its nothing racial, its just an analysis (based on stuff that actually happens) of sports fans.

Racist. Don't put words on my keyboard fucktard. Your racial analysis based on stuff that actually happens is bullshit. The only reason you had to assume that hating Bisping is an American thing stem from your prejudice.

Racist. Don't put words on my keyboard fucktard. Your racial analysis based on stuff that actually happens is bullshit. The only reason you had to assume that hating Bisping is an American thing stem from your prejudice.

So...after throwing a hissy fit over me "putting words on your keyboard" (which I can only presume means accusing you of saying something that you didn't) you *do* infact think I'm being racist/prejudice/whatever? Thats a pretty good example of contradicting yourself. Tell me specifically what I'm lying about if what I've said is "bullshit"? Also accusing me of "putting words on your keyboard" and then doing the exact same thing (presumably anyway) by ignoring my explinations and what I said in my subsequent posts to try to qualify some ill thought out theory that I'm some prejudice limey who hates America/the world is a good example of being a hypocrite.

While i'm sure some people go "fuck that guy, he's not American!", that's largely an invention of your media.

Sure explains all the USA chants at every UFC event in the USA over the last 5 years (if not longer). Not including you in it, but it's hardly a media invention.

As an Australian, I fucking hate Bisping for his shitty conduct setting the sport back at least a few years over here (it's struggling enough for legitimate acceptance by regulators as is, can't actually have fights in a cage in half the country which is why the UFC hasn't been anywhere but Sydney).

People get too wrapped up in the personalities. They complain that some people ae "Too much like WWE guys" and then they buy into hating a guy like Bisping for his personality, thus being suckered into the very thing they hate. Some people just turn into pricks when the cameras are on them. I'd probably be the same way.

Personally, I am not a fan of Bispings "TV persona" but I can't really say he's a prick as I've never met the guy. He's entertaining to watch even if he bugs me. I watch his fights hoping he gets his ass beat. He rarely does, but I still tune in hoping he does.

People hate Sonnen for the same reasons they hate Bisping, and Sonnen fits so many American stereotypes it's easy to hate him.

Bottom line is we're all fight fans. Guys like Mayhem, Bisping, Sonnen, Kos, they provide an entertainment value for a significant chunk of the fanbase which translates to dollars. Most elitist/hipster fans don't like that fact, but it's a fact they'll just have to deal with or find another edgy sport to watch until it becomes "too mainstream." Personally, I just like watching them fight, especially Mayhem and Sonnen, they're really exciting in the cage most of the time.

I just get irked by the "USA Sucks," "England sucks," "Brazil sucks," nonsense. It's partly Zuffa's fault as they've bred this, when you name a card USA vs. Canada or a TUF Season USA vs. UK, it's breeding animosity between fans. It's kind of like soccer only there haven't been too many incidents as of yet. That'll probably change some day if Bisping gets crushed in England or GSP ever gets mauled in Canada. We'll probably see some fans go apeshit. I'm not isolating those two countries by any means, American sports fans don't exactly set the standard for class either.

I still remember back in 1995 when Ireland and England played a "friendly," Ireland scored, and the game was called off.

Anyway, has anyone actually watched the show???? It's looking like a fun season, and the Caraway/Brimage fight was fun. Far from a technical masterpiece, but it was a really fun fight. I busted out laughing at one point when Mayhem said "You've got this Bryan, he's being coached grappling by BISPING right now!"

Anyway, has anyone actually watched the show???? It's looking like a fun season, and the Caraway/Brimage fight was fun. Far from a technical masterpiece, but it was a really fun fight. I busted out laughing at one point when Mayhem said "You've got this Bryan, he's being coached grappling by BISPING right now!"

Agreed. Brimage looked fairly clueless on the ground and lacked the experience\mental game to stay in the house for very long. Mayhem saying that made me chuckle, and I dislike Mayhem more than I dislike Bisping.

Decided to cheer on the crazy Swedish guy. Go whateveryou'recalled!

I've decided for no reason other than the obvious to cheer for the guy that looks like Clay Guida halfway changed into the hulk :)

To be fair to Bisping, I thought that if Brimage would have stepped back away as soon as he was told he'd have got the KO as Caraway looked way too tired to have been effective in a third round. So Bisping was saying the right things for his guy to do. Do think Miller will get the upper hand for the next few shows though, seems like he is gonna make good matchups for his guys

Bisping was saying the right things, but Brimage went full retard and for some reason clinched and threw shitty kicks. Those knees he landed looked nasty though.

People get too wrapped up in the personalities. They complain that some people ae "Too much like WWE guys" and then they buy into hating a guy like Bisping for his personality, thus being suckered into the very thing they hate. Some people just turn into pricks when the cameras are on them. I'd probably be the same way.

Personally, I am not a fan of Bispings "TV persona" but I can't really say he's a prick as I've never met the guy. He's entertaining to watch even if he bugs me. I watch his fights hoping he gets his ass beat. He rarely does, but I still tune in hoping he does.

People hate Sonnen for the same reasons they hate Bisping, and Sonnen fits so many American stereotypes it's easy to hate him.

Bottom line is we're all fight fans. Guys like Mayhem, Bisping, Sonnen, Kos, they provide an entertainment value for a significant chunk of the fanbase which translates to dollars. Most elitist/hipster fans don't like that fact, but it's a fact they'll just have to deal with or find another edgy sport to watch until it becomes "too mainstream." Personally, I just like watching them fight, especially Mayhem and Sonnen, they're really exciting in the cage most of the time.

I just get irked by the "USA Sucks," "England sucks," "Brazil sucks," nonsense. It's partly Zuffa's fault as they've bred this, when you name a card USA vs. Canada or a TUF Season USA vs. UK, it's breeding animosity between fans. It's kind of like soccer only there haven't been too many incidents as of yet. That'll probably change some day if Bisping gets crushed in England or GSP ever gets mauled in Canada. We'll probably see some fans go apeshit. I'm not isolating those two countries by any means, American sports fans don't exactly set the standard for class either.

I still remember back in 1995 when Ireland and England played a "friendly," Ireland scored, and the game was called off.

Our football (soccer) fans have behaved disgracefully in the past and that Ireland game was one of the worst things I've ever seen happen in any sport. I was at UFC 120 and there was a lot of respect and warm applause given to Carlos Condit for the sensational knockout of Dan Hardy, even though the entire crowd wanted Hardy to win, and the same applied in Oregon where Nogueira beat Couture, the crowd seemed to respect Nogueira even though he beat their favorite. You raise a very good point about the whole "USA vs Canada/UK vs US" thing seemingly creating rivalries between countries in a sport that just isn't about that. I think Dana actually feels the same way too, despite choosing to do the UK/US tv show. I hate Paul Daley and love Denis Siver, even though traditionally I'm English and I should automatically dislike any sports star from Germany! Haha! One instance that I found very silly was the whole "USA" chanting from the fans to try to taunt Alessio Sakara when he was fighting an American guy, Sakara is a US citizen and lives in Florida!

I think Bisping is a pretty good coach, Brimage has some skills on the feet but he has a bad case of in fight deafness where he totally ignores his corner. Mayhem made a very shrewd fight pick and I think he is a very good judge of how fighters match up. The talent on this season seems very deep compared to the last few seasons, very excited to see how it unfolds!

Mike, I too instantly wanted Clay Guida's Hulk persona to win the show as soon as he appeared on episode 1 for the first time before I'd even seen him fight! He looks like a tough dude too.

Sure explains all the USA chants at every UFC event in the USA over the last 5 years (if not longer). Not including you in it, but it's hardly a media invention.

As an Australian, I fucking hate Bisping for his shitty conduct setting the sport back at least a few years over here (it's struggling enough for legitimate acceptance by regulators as is, can't actually have fights in a cage in half the country which is why the UFC hasn't been anywhere but Sydney).

It is a team mentality and typically happens when one of the fighters captures the national spirit. Brian Stann, Matt Hammil, or Couture are assured to get that chant. They are what we consider "All American". Stann for his military service, Hammil for his wrestling credentials while overcoming his handicap, and Couture is "Captain America". They fight anyone from anywhere else and you will hear the USA chant.

Every other country does the same thing, and that is where I get annoyed. You only hear people complain about America doing it, but over in Japan I was always hearing "Nippon" chanted. In Brazil they were chanting something I think was later translated to "you will die". That one I found a little disturbing. I have even seen Canadians do it. It isn't racism or elitism. It is a team spirit formed by national pride. As for hating Bisping, some people still see it as an extension of TUF. UK vs US. But most people dislike him because he is progressively getting douchier and douchier every single day. The Rivera fight sealed it for me. Up until then I could give him a pass, because to me it all looked like an act and that he could possibly be funny. After Rivera I just can't stand to even look at him.

I watch all fight cards. I will never base my decision to tune in on if Bisping is fighting. Love or hate for him isn't what draws me to watch the fights.

Americans are a horrible race. Our skin color sucks. Our hair color sucks. We stink and our music sucks. Lucky we have the NAAAP(National Association for the Advancement of American People) to fight for our rights.

I really dont get where Bisping is supposed to have done all of this trash talking!? The only instance was the Rivera fight and Rivera initiated it all, and went way too far...frankly I think Bisping had every right to spit at the cornermen after the instance where they brought his girlfriend into the video slandering, but the illegal knee pissed me off. But yeah, back to the point, I really think its a lot more about Americans HATING the fact that another country got one over on them on their own TV show than anything Bisping ever actually said or did. He's always expressed confidence in winning fights but he treat Henderson with respect, he treat Wanderlei with respect, Kang, Dan Miller, Evans, Akiyama, all his fights bar Rivera and Hamill really. He's just another fighter. I'm sure he'll get shit from American fans for "trash talking" on this season when Mayhem is the one instigating it.

On a different note its great to have the Bantams and Feathers on a season, the little guys always put on the most exciting fights!

i don't care at all if a non-american coach or fighter wins a season. i root for fighters, not for countries. i like ross pearson a lot, for example, and was glad when he won.

mayhem vs bisping is non a 5 round non title fight :D more time for bisping to get smashed. I have nothing against british fighters, the fighter i hate the most is rashad and he is from the US so you cant really come at me from the british bashing angle. I dont like bisping and i never have/will like him. he is a pigheaded and egotistical bastard IMO

mayhem vs bisping is non a 5 round non title fight :D more time for bisping to get smashed. I have nothing against british fighters, the fighter i hate the most is rashad and he is from the US so you cant really come at me from the british bashing angle. I dont like bisping and i never have/will like him. he is a pigheaded and egotistical bastard IMO

Oh I see. "Pig-headed" because pigs eat everything and the British cuisine is notoriously bad. For shame, sir.

Oh I see. "Pig-headed" because pigs eat everything and the British cuisine is notoriously bad. For shame, sir.

British cuisine is bad?!?! Dammit pie chips mushy peas and gravy from a class chip shop is one of the single greatest inventions ever, only being beaten by the flying hoverboard in back to the future 2 and the Orgazmorator from Orgazm0...