DSOF (320K+) Media Thread

PabloSanchez

Dutch Series of Fighting 2 Preview

Under Card:

Cole Mccullough v Rizky Nanda

Mccullough is a pure ground fighter who will to take to this to the ground as soon as the fight starts. And since Nanda has no wrestling skill, he won’t have any trouble doing so. Nanda has a purple belt in BJJ, so it won’t be a breeze for Mccullough, but he has the advantage there too because he holds a brown belt. Nanda is said to have a granite chin, but in his only fight he was TKO’d in 5 seconds. The only way I see Nanda winning is if he somehow gets a knockout before Mccullough has a chance to try a takedown.

Prediction: Cole Mccullough – Submission (Armbar) – Round 1

Romeo Rosenthal v Jish Bratch

Rosenthal will look to keep the fight standing and get a first round knockout. Bratch will look to get the fight to the ground as soon as possible to get some ground and pound in. Neither has fought before, so I don’t know if Rosenthal’s defensive wrestling will be good enough to stop Bratch from taking it to the ground. I am going to guess that it is and that he scores an early round finish.

Prediction: Romeo Rosenthal – KO (Punch) – Round 1

Rodrick Shull v Harg Grater

Shull is a boxer and wrestler who may have some BJJ skill, but not enough to get a blue belt. Grater is skilled in Muay Thai and wrestling. They will both look to keep the fight standing, but Shull might look to change levels and control the fight for a couple minutes on the ground to try to win a round. Both are coming in for the debut both are broke. I am sure they will look to join a gym after this fight.

Prediction: Harg Grater – TKO (Punches) – Round 2

Jefferson Walter v Muffin Wonder

These fighters are equals in every facet which leads this fight to be a complete tossup. Whichever fighter’s manager sets the sliders better will have a victory under his belt unless one has a particularly weak chin. And since the Super Heavyweight division is being disbanded, this fight really doesn’t mean much.

Prediction – Muffin Wonder – Decision (Unanimous)

Main Card:

Rico Wooten v Jc Dickens

This is another one of those battles between a sprawl n’ brawl fighter and a wrestler. I think the wrestler will come out on top with better wrestling and BJJ. If Wooten can keep it standing long enough he should be able to secure a KO or TKO victory. Wooten does have some BJJ skill, so he might be able to last a couple minutes on the ground with Dickens.

Prediction: Jc Dickens – TKO (Strikes) – Round 2

Eduardo “The Handler” David v “Scottish” Dougal McCraken

At first glance, this looks like the perfect fight for young McCraken, but on closer inspection, David is a multi-faceted fighter that will probably look to take this fight to the ground. In Eduardo David’s first fight, he showed he could survive on the ground against someone with a blue belt and finished his opponent on the feet. In his second fight, he showed he could take the fight to the ground and dominate there, finishing his opponent in just 40 seconds. Dougal McCraken is an unproven kickboxer who will need to keep this fight standing to win, but I don’t think he will be able to.

Prediction: Eduardo David – TKO (Strikes) – Round 1

Tap “The Boss” Out v Dre Battle

The Boss is a BJJ artist with a little bit of wrestling to help him get the fight to the ground. He will be trying to get this fight there. In his first fight, he tried to get it there, but it was actually his opponent who decided to change levels, that got him into position for the submission victory. Battle will be using his Muay Thai and wrestling, which he has visibly improved since joining the DSOF roster, to keep this fight standing and score the KO victory. I think Battle’s improving wrestling will be too much for The Boss to overcome and this fight won’t ever go to the ground only leaving one possible outcome.

Prediction: Dre Battle – KO (Punch) – Round 1

Troy “Downtown” Brown v Ed Rackham

This fight has a five year age disparity, but I don’t think it is completely impossible for Rackham to pull out the victory. His best chance will be to take it into the clinch, control the fight with his far superior wrestling, and get a few punches in their every once in a while. Though, this might not work, because Brown has shown his power in the clinch with a TKO finish due to a knee and some punches. Downtown will be looking to score damage wherever this fight goes; boxing in the standup; Muay Thai in the Clinch; BJJ on the ground. Unless Ed Rackham’s manager is really good at setting sliders, I have Troy “Downtown” Brown taking the victory home.

Prediction: Troy Brown – TKO (Strikes) – Round 1

Co-Main Event:

Ryat Hamza v Peter Flax

This fight will definitely be going to the ground right at the beginning. If Hamza doesn’t get the takedown right away, Flax is going to dish out some damage with his boxing skills. Once this fight gets to the ground, it is hard to say what will happen. I would guess that Flax has better BJJ, but Hamza also has much superior wrestling and ground n’ pound skills. In Hamza’s first and only fight, he took it to the ground got a couple shots in and submitted his opponent in just under two minutes. If Flax doesn’t get the submission from the bottom quickly, I think Hamza will get into a dominant position and control the action. Since, in my mind, this is a tossup, I will say Hamza will pull out the victory due to a little bit of experience in the cage.

Prediction: Ryat Hamza – TKO (Strikes) – Round 1

Main Event:

Don “Dones” Davy Jones v Samuel “Black Magic’ Kahebwa

Davy Jones obviously has the experience advantage, winning a 16 man QFC tournament. Dones will be looking to keep this fight standing with his slightly superior wrestling and secure the victory with his heavy hands. Kahebwa will look to do the exact opposite and take this fight to the ground. Black Magic might try to close the distance and look for a takedown from the clinch. If he does get to the ground, and I don’t think he will, the fight won’t last very long. I think the experienced American will get his fifth win in this fight.

Prediction: Don Davy Jones – KO (Punch) – Round 1

Author: Gary Chesterfield

• Upvote 3

Dutch Series of Fighting 3

Under Card:

Vladimir “In Your Face Vlad” Punchsky v Orlando “Armada” EoS

Punchsky is a competent boxer with a little bit of everything else. Maybe not the best build, but he can still build since he is 18. He won his first fight with quick work on the feet. He will look to keep the fight standing and get a quick TKO victory. Armada is a mediocre boxer and strong wrestler. While it would seem that his wrestling should be defensive so he could try to get a finish with his boxing, in his first fight all he tried to do was take down his opponent. He was successful in doing so every time he tried, but all he did was try to advance position once he got there… and he failed… every… time.

Prediction: I see Vladimir Punchsky getting the win because his manager seems to have some idea of how to set sliders. Vladimir “In Your Face Vlad” Punchsky – TKO (Punches) – Round 1

Colby “Smokey” Thompson v Jerry “Mickey” Thompson

The first of these fighters has proficient Muay Thai, respectable wrestling, and a blue belt in BJJ. The second has respectable boxing, proficient wrestling, and also a blue belt in BJJ. Neither have fought before, so I am just guessing, but I think both will keep the fight standing and bang. Smokey will have an advantage in the clinch; Mickey on the outside.

Prediction: I think if Mickey can keep it on the outside, he will slowly take the win, if not Smokey will probably dominate. Colby “Mickey” Thompson – Decision (Unanimous)

Dean Herb v Larry “Legend” Sanders

Both are 25; both have never fought. Herb is maxed in Muay Thai, and has the rest of the points put in BJJ. Sanders is pretty much spread out and probably, at best, is mediocre at everything. I think that no matter where this fight goes, Herb will have the advantage, or at least not be dominated.

Prediction: I see Herb either knocking out his opponent or submitting him on the ground. Dean Herb – KO (Punches) – Round 2

Robert “The Drill” Horry v Pablo Ramon “Secret Weapon” Sanchez

The Drill is a boxer with a little bit of skill in Muay Thai, Wrestling, and BJJ. He beat his first opponent in QFC by doing as little as possible to control the fight. Whether on the ground, in the clinch, or on the outside he scored just enough strikes to win, but nothing more. He will probably want to utilize his boxing by keeping this fight off the ground and out of the clinch. Secret Weapon has really good Muay Thai and better wrestling than Horry. He lost his first fight in the DSOF in a pretty boring fight of swings and misses in a split decision. Hopefully in this fight he can be a little more accurate with his strikes and do some damage. He should take this fight to the clinch as quickly as possible and dominate there. If this fight stays on the outside, The Drill will actually have a chance, but he probably will still lose.

Prediction: I see Sanchez pulling out the win no matter what. Pablo Ramon “Secret Weapon” Sanchez – TKO (Punches) – Round 2

Main Card:

Marco Etcheverry v Lodzov Hugs

This is a matchup of premiering 18 year olds. They both have wonderful wrestling, but Etcheverry has just a notch of Muay Thai and Hugs has a notch of BJJ. I’m not sure what Etcheverry will want to do, but he is going to try to control whether this goes to the ground or not. He can try to use his limited Muay Thai to get the win or he could try to use is wrestling to dominate on the ground. Either way, Hugs will be attempting to take it to the ground. He will look to score some ground n’ pound or maybe even use his limited BJJ to secure a submission victory.

Prediction: I really have no idea with these young premiering fighters – Marco Etcheverry – TKO (Strikes) – Round 1

Jish Bratch v Romeo Rosenthal

Aparrently someone…’cough’…Pablo…’cough’…Sanchez…’cough’ made a mistake when booking this card and didn’t see that these two had already fought each other. Not only that, but it is each their only fight. Instead of telling you what I think of the two new fighters, I’ll just give you an outline of their last fight. Like an idiot, Rosenthal, being skilled in Muay Thai thought first to take down Bratch, ‘obviously’ the right choice. Bratch almost immediately swept his opponent and dominated him; eventually submitting him.

Prediction: Even if Rosenthal’s manager fixed the sliders, I think Bratch will take this fight down in seconds and dominating once again. Jish Bratch – Submission (Armbar) – Round 1

Rodrick Shull v John “Dancin” Smith

Shull has one win in the DSOF. Smith has one win in the QFC. In his first fight, Shull pretty much kept it standing, mixing in a few takedowns to keep it interesting, and just dominated his opponent on the outside. He will look to do the same today. In his first fight, Dancin looked to either land head kicks or score some strikes in the clinch. He also looked to change levels a few times, but never succeeded. I think Shull probably has good enough defense to avoid his opponent’s kicks and will just have to keep this fight on the outside to secure the victory. I think Smith will have to forget about his head kicks for today and try to take the fight to the clinch to score some dirty boxing to get his first win in the DSOF.

Prediction: I think Shull will succeed in keeping it on the outside, and therefore win. Rodrick Shull – TKO (Punches) – Round 2

Kenny “K-Man” Kawaguchi v Royce “Strongman” De La Hoya

Kawaguchi finished his first opponent on DSOF 1 with perfect takedown defense and nearly perfect striking. K-Man will look to do the same today. De La Hoya finished his first opponent with an early first round submission after allowing his opponent to take him down. Strongman will want to secure another victory via submission today.

Prediction: Kenny “K-Man” Kawaguchi – KO (Punch) – Round 1

Co-Main Event:

Robert Daniel v Andrzej “Wotan” Baranski

Daniel has never fought, but he will be looking to get the finish wherever this fight goes. He will be happy pretty much anywhere. He may not like Baranski to be in a dominant ground postion, but other than that he should be fine. He will look to score a submission victory from most ground positions or a KO from either the clinch or not. He will just be hoping Wotan won’t be able to secure a submission of his own. Wotan will be looking to take it to the ground with the assumption that his BJJ is better than his opponent’s. In his first fight he took it the ground, got his opponent’s back, and submitted him in just over half a minute.

Prediction: I think that Daniel won’t ever be able to utilize his Muay Thai in this fight and Baranski will use his much superior wrestling to get to a dominant position on the ground and finish the fight slowly. Adrzej “Wotan” Baranski – Submission (Armbar) – Round 2

Main Event:

Butch “Son Of A Gun” Vandergnaw v John “The Hooligan” Braddock

This is the most hyped fight in the history of DSOF, and we are all hoping for fireworks. Vandergnaw has two victories in the QFC and Braddock has one victory in the DSOF. Son Of A Gun has finished both of his opponents, and by different methods. One by knockout; the other by submission. The Hooligan has finished his one fight by knockout. This fight will definitely stay standing thanks to the Hooligan’s great defensive wrestling. Vandergnaw will try to use his boxing to knockout Braddock, but the Hooligan might look to his wrestling to control the fight in the clinch.

Prediction: John “The Hooligan” Braddock – KO (Punch) – Round 1

Thanks Gary for another great preview. I hope you're doing better and can keep this up. :)

• Upvote 1

Vereeuwigd 2 Preview

Under Card:

Siege Southcut v Jett “Jumpin’” Clark

This fight is between a Muay Thai style fighter and a boxer. In a QFC, Southcut was easily taken down because of his lack of any wrestling skill, and was beaten to a pulp. His opponent never really got into a dominant position, but he did manage to cut Southcut open enough to end the fight. I don’t think Clark should want to take this to the ground, but Southcut does have some skill in BJJ that he should be able to use if this fight does end up there. The reason I think Clark might end up taking it to the ground, despite his skills, is that he tried 41 times during his last fight which lasted all 15 minutes. Jumpin’ should want to keep this fight on the outside and get some punches in, but I have no idea what he will want to do.

Prediction: I think Southcut is the smarter fighter here and will win the battle wherever it goes. Unlike his opponent, if this fight gets taken to the ground, he has some idea of what he should do. Siege Southcut – TKO (Strikes) – Round 2

Charlie “Grave Digger” Watson v Shamil “The Cobra” Gasanov

Grave Digger is making is MMA debut and will look to use his well-rounded skills (probably not the best choice) to work against his opponent’s weaknesses. In this case, he will want to keep the fight standing and finish his opponent there. The Cobra is going to want to take this fight to the ground, though he may be able to survive on the feet due to his opponent’s lack of skill. When he does get it to the ground, look for him to work over his opponent with some strikes before securing a submission victory. The Cobra is a much more seasoned fighter with only one loss in his five fights. His one fight in the DSOF was a victory over David Schuler.

Prediction: Gasanov will take Watson to the ground towards the beginning of the first round and finish him in no time; either with strikes or BJJ. Shamil “The Cobra” Gasanov – Submission (Armbar) – Round 1

Jose Cortez v Danny Jordan

While it would probably be best for Jordan to keep this fight standing, in his last fight he took a much better wrestler to the ground and was submitted. I think either he will take it to the ground again, or he will be taken down. Either way, Cortez is going to secure a submission. In his first fight, Cortez was taken down by a really good wrestler and submitted him in under 90 seconds. In Jordan’s first fight, he took only tried to clinch or take the fight to the ground. Once on the ground, he chose almost exclusively to advance positions, which never worked. While he was doing this, his opponent softened him up and submitted him.

Production: As I said, one of these two fighters will take it to the ground and Cortez will tap out Jordan. Jose Cortez – Submission (Armbar) – Round 1

Damien “Lucifer” The Omen v Fabricio Laranja

The Omen is a 16 year old fighter making his debut. He will want to keep the fight standing. Laranja will want to take it to the ground and get a submission. He proved in his first fight in the QFC he can force a tap, but he wasn’t able to get a takedown. His opponent had to do that. The Omen is almost exclusively a boxer and Laranja is almost exclusively a BJJ practitioner.

Prediction: I think Lucifer will be able to keep the fight standing long enough to get a KO. Damien “Lucifer” The Omen – KO (Punch) – Round 1

Main Card:

Bill “The Austrian” Hills v Troy “Downtown” Brown

Hills is a boxer with a little skill in Muay Thai and BJJ. He will definitely be looking to keep this fight standing and on the outside. Brown is skilled in Muay Thai with a little boxing and BJJ as well. While he would usually want to avoid the clinch due to his lack wrestling, he might want to take it their because of his opponent’s much better boxing. In his first two fights, the Austrian only threw punch combos while standing. This is an obvious flaw due to lack of diversity in his attacking. His opponent will see them coming from a mile away and usually avoid them easily. Downtown also seems to have one focus in his fighting style. He likes to take it to the clinch and just knee his opponent repeatedly. While in his first fight, he took it to the clinch and tried only to get the takedown, in his second fight he only attempted 8 strikes. All of them were knees. All of them failed.

Prediction: Both of these managers seem to have no idea what they are doing, but I think Downtown might end up getting in the clinch and I think he has an advantage there. Troy “Downtown” Brown – Decision (Unanimous)

Jesse Henley v Orange “Stranglehold” Crush

Henley has a Brown Belt in BJJ and some boxing skill as well. His lack of wrestling could lead to problems in the clinch. And that is exactly where Crush will want to take the fight. In addition to some skill in Muay Thai, Stranglehold has great wrestling. In Henley’s only fight, his opponent decided it would be best to take him to the ground. This was a terrible decision leading to a submission in seconds. I see this outcome as the only way Henley has a chance. While Stranglehold should want to keep the fight standing, in his first two fights, he took the fight, or at least tried, to the ground. If his manager changes the sliders, he will definitely win, but in the current state, Henley is going to get that tap out in seconds two fights in a row.

Prediction: Crush is going to stupidly take Henley to the ground and then it will be over. Jesse Henley – Submission (Armbar) – Round 1

Wlazusck “Thor” Bravezinsky v Ryat Hamza

Bravezinsky is a boxer with defensive wrestling and BJJ. Hamza is wrestler with BJJ and a little bit of Muay Thai skill. Thor will want to keep the fight standing; Hamza on the ground. Thor showed his KO power in his first fight, coming out with a QFC win in just nine seconds. Hamza has gotten a first round submission victory in the QFC and a decision victory in the DSOF. These two fighters have completely different game plans. The only way I see Thor winning is with a quick KO, which he has done before.

Prediction: I think that Hamza’s wrestling will be too much for Bravezinsky and this fight will end up on the ground. I don’t think he will be able to end the fight quickly, but it should get him the win. Ryat Hamza – Submission (Kimura) – Round 2

H Akeem “The Arrow” Cerezo v Damen Mayer

These fighters share a couple things. They both entered into the same QFC tournament and they both owe their only losses to the same fighter. Cerezo is a Muay Thai fighter. Mayer is a Wrestler. If Mayer gets this to the ground I don’t think Cerezo will be able to do anything about it. The Arrow has lots of tricks up his sleeve when it comes to striking. He can dish out punches, kicks, elbows, and even knees. While this would usually lead to an exciting fighter, all three of his fights have gone to a decision. Two wins. One loss. Mayer likes to pull guard and keep his opponent there until he can get a submission.

Prediction: Mayer will pull guard and will get a submission pretty quickly. Damen mayer – Submission (Triangle Choke) – Round 1

Co-Main Event:

Amir “Sticks” Khan v Sun “Screwed” Yu

These fighters look to be identical builds besides height and weight. Wonderful Muay Thai and respectable wrestling for each fighter. Khan has proven his punches to be painful in DSOF 1. He submitted his opponent with strikes in just 16 seconds. Yu is debuting in both the DSOF and MMA. Sticks will be trying to get closer to a title shot, while Screwed will looking to gain a foothold in the DSOF Middleweight division.

Prediction: This fight is all depended on sliders, and since Khan has already won once with his sliders, I’ll take a gamble and say he will have his set better. Amir “Sticks” Khan – TKO (Strikes) – Round 1

Main Event:

Rico Wooten v Pete “Wheelie” Wheeler

Rico Wooten knows boxing, wrestling, and BJJ. Wheeler is the same build as the two fighters in the last fight. Muay Thai and wrestling. Both fighters will keep the fight standing, but Wooten should have the advantage and Wheelie should have the advantage in the clinch. Both fought their first fight in the DSOF. Both finished their fights in under minute. Wheelie via TKO; Wooten via Knockout Punch.

Prediction: I think that Wooten will pull this out with his granite chin keeping him up long enough to secure another finish. Rico Wooten – TKO (Strikes) – Round 1

Note from our Event Partner, Tauromorphus Threads ~ 15% Laundry (5129):

We provide fashionable fightwear that morphs you into a bull of a fighter! Become the master matador or awaken your inner Samurai with our Samurai product line! Laundry at 15% plus transaction costs. For laundry, please PM me first! Design, sponsorship and partnership proposals are welcome!

• Upvote 1