Syracuse FC *Smack Talk*

Johnny Hendricks: I may be young an new to this but I'm here to make a statment! Bigg Rigg is here to crush some cans! My opponent for SFC Fight Night on 4/24 better be ready to bring it. #shoutout Stallone Managment and SFC! LEGALIZE MMA IN NY

SFC Fight Night!! SFC's First mid-week event is LIVE! Tonight(4/24/13) at The Underground Arena in NY! Make sure you fight fans get down there and support local fighters and legalizing MMA in NY.

Thank You and Enjoy :)

Sly Stallone

SFC OWNER

Recently Mack Jackson was interviewed by Syracuse Fighting Live, a local college radio program.

SFL: After your losing your SFC debut, do you feel any pressure to win your next fight?

Jackson: I feel pressure to win every fight. I intend to put on a great performance, stay aggressive, and show everyone in New York why I got this contract in the first place.

SFL: Are you worried about your opponent's ground game? We haven't seen you use your wrestling yet in your professional career.

Jackson: I guess you'll just have to watch and see. I have a decent submission game, but I prefer to stand up and trade. I'd rather get knocked out than rassel for three rounds.

SFL: I'm sure the fans appreciate that kind of attitude. We look forward to seeing more of you here at SFC, and good luck in your upcoming fight.

Jackson: Thanks. It will be a battle, but I think I have the power to get his chin. Look for a second round KO.

JB: Good evening SFC fans, and welcome to Ultimate Underground MMA. I'm Jim Brewer, and here with me is "The Rat," Martin Fink.

MF: That's right Jim, The Rat's in the house! And we've got a real treat for you SFC fans tonight: a complete breakdown of SFC 19, coming to you live in a few short days!

JB: Absolutely, Rat. This is a huge card, so let's get right to business.

MF: Our first fight is Frankie "Money" Green taking on Victor "V" Sloan. They are both purple belts. They are both relatively untested. We will have to see who wants it more, but I've got the edge going to "V." Round two TKO.

JB: "Money" Green looks good, but "V" just brings a slightly more complete package to the table. I see his Muay Thai being too much for "Money" to handle. Sloan, TKO, round one is my prediction.

MF: After that, we have a 170 lb contest between undefeated newcomer "Ravishing" Ron Jeremy and Luis Meijas.

JB: Jeremy is undefeated, but also unproven. Meijas has never been knocked out, and Jeremy is a striker. Also, Meijas is much more experienced, having competed in Syracuse since SFC 2. I have this one going to Meijas, submission, round one.

MF: I like the "Ravishing" one, but I agree. Meijas is too wily a veteran to get caught napping by a Ron Jeremy right hand. Luis Meijas, round two, TKO.

JB: The third bought of the evening will be a 185 lb contest between Willie "The Duck Commander" Robertson and Jax "The Axe" Sullivan.

MF: I like Robertson in this one. He's versatile, and has explosive first-round stopping power. I don't think Jax has the boxing skills to stop him. Robertson by TKO in the first round.

JB: I disagree on this one. I don't think Robertson has what it takes to drop Sullivan, and I see "The Axe" grinding out a long, boring victory. Sullivan, decision.

MF: After that, we have David Smierdzielski against "Jayjay" Jayden McKethan. McKethan has a reputation for not showing up prepared to fight, and BJJ brown belt Smierdzielski shows up to fight every time. The man with the impossible name, via first round submission.

JB: I don't think many SFC fans will disagree with that pick. Unless McKethan starts showing up to fights looking a little more enthusiastically, I don't see him lasting long in the SFC.

MF: After that, we have another low-totem-pole prospect in Rudy Owens, who will attempt to revive an 0-3 MMA career by defeating Shooto Boxman.

JB: I don't see it happening, Rat. Shooto Boxman has never fought in front of a crowd before, but Owens has proven his incompetence time and again. Boxman, first round submission.

MF: What the hell. For the sake of diversity, I will give Owens the edge in experience. Can he make it count? Probably not. His chin is incredibly suspect. But I'm going to say, Rudy Owens by decision.

JB: A lot of stirring of the pot in the 170 lb division, as Manny "Pac-Man" Paqiuo takes on experienced veteran "The Filipino Slugger" Myron Obusan.

MF: Obusan has twenty-four pro fights! He's been in the game a long time, and can win in spectacular fashion by KO or submission.

JB: That's true, but "Pac-Man" is a knock-out artist supreme, and has the wrestling ability to keep the pressure on Obusan. I'm going with Pac-Man, TKO in round two.

MF: I don't think so, Jim. I've got this one going to Obusan by split decision. He's been around too long to be surprised by anything Paqiuo has to bring.

JB: Next up is a 145 lb contest between "The Power Puncher" Pele Fusuaga and Daniel "The Marine" Riddle. Dynamite comes in small packages, and Fusuaga brings it. He's got four wins and four TKOs. I think he will make it number five against an out-gunned "Marine." Fusuaga, round two KO.

MF: Not so fast, Jim. Before you count Riddle out, it should be noted that he's bringing some guns of his own, and he is a very articulate boxer. I've actually got this one going to Riddle, TKO in the second round.

JB: Only time will tell. In our co-main event, we have Guybson "The Spartan" SA taking on Zack Nichols in the 135 lb division.

MF: I'm excited about this one, only because I am a Guybson SA fan. Zack Nichols has two wins, both by submission, and I will flat out say that Guybson isn't going to be submitted at SFC 19. Guybson SA, Round One. That's right, by submission.

JB: I've got to agree with you on this one, Rat. Guybson SA's only loss comes at the hands of Crazy Datsik, and Zack Nichols is no Crazy Datsik. That being said, a win here would secure Nichol's place at the top of the division. Still, I've got this one going to SA, round one, submission.

MF: And now, the main event!

JB: That's right, Rat, the main event. In this case it's a contest between SFC newcomer Luis "Gameover" Chalas and SFC veteran Jake "Little Warrior" Lewis.

MF: Chalas is a newcomer to SFC, but not to MMA. With six submission victories under his belt, "Gameover" will be looking to make short work of Lewis on the ground.

JB: Once again, in Lewis, we have a striker who wins by technical knockout. The problem is that Chalas has faced better, stronger, and faster strikers and submitted them. I see it happening again, and quickly. Chalas, round one, Submission of the Night.

JB: I agree. Lewis has a punchers chance, and he just might find Chalas's chin. But it's not likely. Luis Chalas, by submission in round one.

MF: And that's a wrap!

JB: Join us next time for more news from your favorite mixed martial arts origination: Syracuse Fighting Championships!

OK people check it out. This is Ras Butten with MMA live, and a preview of SFC Fight Night 2, taking place at The Underground in New York on May 8. Pay attention, because I'm only going to say this once!

In the first match we've got Jos Cruz against Junior Sasi, a BJJ purple belt taking on a wrestler. Sasi is 3-0, and I'm willing to bet he stays undefeated. Unless Cruz can exploit an as-yet unfounded weakness in Sasi's submission defense, look for Sasi to walk off with a decision victory.

In the next match, Uriah "Hall" Primetime has his undefeated record challenged by Joshua "The Terror" Perez. While Perez has crisp Muay Thai skills, he is 0-2 here at SFC. I look for Primetime to extend his winning streak in dominant fashion.

In a 170 lb bout, Alpha "NumberOne" Omega will meet expert submission fighter Hannibal King. Omega is a Purple belt and boxer who has been around since SFC one, and is coming off if two straight losses. It's a close call, but I see Brown belt King catching Omega napping. King, submission, in the second round.

Another fighter coming off of two straight losses is Roberto "Gino" Colon, who will take on boxer Andreas Barniani. Barniani has never won a fight, but I suspect he will change this trend at Fight Night 2. Unless Colon can handle a barrage of strikes, look for Barniani to take the TKO.

Later in the evening, Frank "Splicer" Fontaine will meet Stan "The Man" Bojan, both 0-2 at SFC. A wrestler, Fontaine will look to neutralize Bojan's BJJ, in a close bout that could go either way. I'm going to give this one to Bojan, by decision.

In the co-main event, we have catch wrestler Marcellas Wallace looking to climb through the 145 lb ranks. Standing in his way is Oleg "DJ Oleg" Olegovich, a grappler who is undefeated in his short career. Look for Olegovich to pull an upset against the veteran grappler, but it won't be easy. Olegovich, submission, round three.

And, finally, the main event! In the 205 lb division, Chris "Master" Bates will clash with seasoned boxer Flo Simba. Although Simba has the edge in striking, no opponent has yet found the Master's chin, and Bates is a well-rounded striker himself. I see the Master pulling off a smooth submission victory.

And that's all we have time for today, folks! Join us next time for more news from your favorite fighting organization, SFC!

MF: Good afternoon Ladies and Germs, and welcome to Ultimate Underground MMA, the show that brings you all the news from Syracuse Fighting Championships, everyone's favorite underground MMA organization. I'm "The Rat," Martin Fink, here with my compatriot Jim Brewer to analyze the upcoming SFC card, SFC 20.

JB: That's right, Rat. SFC 20 only has seven fights signed on, but they are some great bouts on paper. The Rat and I are going to pick them apart a little bit and make our predictions.

MF: That's right, kids. You know the drill. First off, we have a great opening fight. At 145 lbs, we have a rematch between Chuck Norris and Tommy Gavin.

JB: This one could be epic. Norris has put together a win streak since his title loss to Gavin, and he's looking to take revenge for the 2:47 beating Gavin dished out in their last meeting.

MF: They say Chuck Norris pisses excellence, but we have seen him folded up on the mat before. Gavin's wrestling is probably good enough to keep him out of danger on the ground, and he's already found Norris's suspect chin. I'm saying Gavin, round two, TKO.

JB: Not me. I think Norris has improved a lot since their last meeting, and a win would put him in the mix for title contention. I'm going with Chuck Norris by decision.

MF: Another fight already in the mix is a couple of big boys; Mathias Simanov and Tim Monsoon. Simanov is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and looks pretty sharp on the mats. Monsoon is a boxer, and is undefeated here in Syracuse.

JB: For all of that, I'm going with Simanov by first round submission. Simanov has tapped out brown belts in the cage; I can't see Monsoon having an answer for his ground game.

MF: I disagree. Simanov has lost a fight by being opened up, and Monsoon has some big ol' face wreckers at the end of his arms. Monsoon, by TKO or cut, round two.

JB: After that, at 185, we have Felipe "Flip" LeBron battling it out with utility striker Jake Reed. Reed is a competent grappler, but LeBron is an international fighter with a lot of TKOs under his belt.

MF: Jake Reed looks good statistically, but LeBron is a beast, and there's no accounting for knockout power. I'm going with "Flip," via TKO in the first round.

JB: I have to agree. Unless Reed can derail him tonight, LeBron is a promising star rising up the 185 pound ranks. I'm going with LeBron, TKO, round two.

MF: This one should be interesting. Edit Johnson, a standout in the local jiu jitsu circuit, makes his MMA debut right here at SFC 20 against Roger Martinez.

JB: Martinez hasn't won yet, because he hasn't got a chance to bang. He was grounded out to a loss in his first outing, but we don't know how well BJJ player Johnson will take a punch to the face.

MF: I'm going to guess that won't be much of a factor. I think Johnson could get the Sub of the Night in his SFC debut. I'm going to say, Edit Johnson, via submission, round two.

JB: I'm not so sure about that. I think Martinez is hungry after his first dismal outing, and he will look to keep it on the feet and put the leather all over Johnson. I'm going with Martinez, TKO, round two.

MF: Next, we have a couple of light heavyweights looking to move up and secure a permanent spot at SFC with a win. Justin Carter, unsuccessful so far in two outings, will take on Agam Levi, a wrester with some rock-hard hands.

JB: Levi looks good in this one. Carter has no outstanding skills, and while he is well-rounded, he's just not got the tools to take out a beast like Levi. I'm saying Agam Levi, by TKO in the first round.

MF: I've never seen carter do anything but get beat up a few times. My money is with you on this one. Levi, TKO, round one.

JB: At 265 we have a couple more young fighters looking to step up and make a name for themselves. Muay Thai ace Mack Jackson will take on submission fighter Gerry Castello as both men attempt to establish themselves in a stacked division.

MF: Jackson is coming off an ugly KO defeat at the hands of title contender Kurt Perrier. That being said, Jackson is a beast with his combos and kicks, and has a very well-rounded grappling game. I'm looking for Jackson to get that first round highlight reel knockout.

JB: Jackson has one victory, against a sub-par opponent. We've never seen him on his back, except when Perrier had him staring up at the lights the last time he came out. I'm going with Costello, by first round submission.

MF: And speaking of Kurt Perrier, he will be taking on 265 pound champion Chris Leben for the heavyweight championship.

JB: He sure will. Leben, the current champ, is 11-12, and has seen every corner of every cage in New York. This guy really knows his way around a fight.

MF: And he's won more than his share. That being said, Perrier is super fast, super strong and super determined. While Leben has the slight grappling advantage, I don't think he will be able to keep Perrier down and grind him out. I'm going with Perrier, for the upset, Third Round KO of the Night.

JB: Leben has been tested in ways that Perrier is only beginning to understand. I feel he has the experience and the grit to stick out a decision victory against the boxer Perrier.

MF: and that's all we have time for today! I'm Martin Fink...

JB: And I'm Jim Brewer. And this was Ultimate Underground MMA, your direct line to everyone's favorite MMA organization, Syracusr Fighting Championships!

Hi, I'm Jim Brewer, and we're back with another episode of Ultimate Underground MMA. Here with me today is 135 lb rising star Zack Nichols, fresh off of his latest victory. Hello Zack.

ZN: Hey Jim.

JB: Zach, you're coming off of three straight impressive first round finishes. Who do you have your sights set on next?

ZN: I want Datsik.

JB: A lot of people want to fight Datsik right now. Is there any reason you want to face him, other than that he is the current champion?

ZN: I feel like he was gifted his title on a silver platter. He's beat Noel Severino twice, and Guybson SA, which I proved is no great difficulty. It took 18 seconds. Datsik hasn't displayed the sort of well-rounded game it takes to be champion for a long period of time. He's too one-dimensional in his approach.

JB: Where are you currently training?

ZN: I train at the MMA Warrior Gym (1000/ 14 elites)

JB: Why do you train there?

ZN: I just got out of the AAFL Fight Center which was a great gym to train for Guybson SA, more of a grappler's gym, which was needed. But my ultimate goal is to get enough money to move to Rio where my manager is running a private gym, so I can get world class instruction and really reach my peak.

JB: Critics had you pegged as a massive underdog against Guybson SA. Did that bother you at all?

ZN: Critics always will. They will take a quick look at my stats, which are kind of ho-hum. I'm an all-arounder who can do a little bit of everything. I may be submitted by ground fighters and KOed by strikers, but the ground fighter has to take me down for it to matter and the striker has to stay on his feet, both of which are much easier said than done. I didn't take up BJJ then start training MMA; I started learning MMA as a whole and that really lets me exploit the weaknesses of the guys who did start as a boxer and picked up some takedown defense.

JB: Is there a fighter you model your style after?

ZN: GSP is probably the guy who I look at and think, 'This is what people should be doing.' I admire the way he exploits holes in his opponents' games. That being said, I also admire the guy who can have this done to them and just keep coming. That's why I also admire Jon Fitch.

JB: Zach, thanks for taking the time to talk to us today. Good luck here at SFC in your quest for the title.

ZN: Thanks Jim. You'll be seeing more of me.

JB: I'm sure we will. That's all we have time for today boys and girls. Tune in next time for more Ultimate Underground MMA!

Hey everybody, it's me, Ras Butten, back with more MMA Live! Tonight we are taking a look at the short list of fights taking place at SFC Fight Night Three. Without further ado, here they are.

The first match puts submission expert and BJJ brown belt Pablo Silva against a newcomer, wrestler Jason Jones. Jones has a great set of wrestling credentials, but Silva is a beast on his back, which is where Jones has to put him to win. I think Silva is gonna get another notch on his belt here.

Next up, Brian Serrano, a veteran of twenty seven (!) MMA bouts with five of the night awards, will take on Jim Jones, a boxer with no cage experience. We don't know how Jones will do on the mats, but Serrano is a purple belt. I think Serrano will get the W this time out, and get a little closer to evening up his record.

Moving along, we have a 135 lb title match between Crazy Datsik and Jake Lewis. The champion Datsik has four wins in a row, getting TKOs in his last two bouts. Jake Lewis is coming off of a loss, so I have no idea why he is getting a title shot. Look for Datsik to blow over top of another cream puff in this one.

After that, we have "Winless" Rudy Owens taking on 2-2 Johnny Knox. Owens is a purple belt, but has never applied a submission in the cage. I believe Knox will get an early TKO with his superior striking.

And finally, we have another title fight, this time at 155 lbs. JJ Tucker, a very strong fighter and the current 155 lb champ, will defend his title against

Amir Khan. Khan is no poser but has been knocked out in his last two outings. Tucker is a savvy fighter who will most likely exploit Khan's weakening chin. Look for JJ to keep his title and Khan to take his third KO in a row.

And that's a wrap! Tune in to watch it live on SFC TV, your best source for news from your favorite MMA organization!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, SFC fans! Ras Butten here with a REview to follow up my PREview of SFC Fight Night 3. I didn't have much to work with, as most of the fights were signed on late, but I am proud of myself for not having missed a single prediction, excluding one bout that was a No Contest. Actually, there were two no contests that evening, as Brian Serrano failed to make 185 for his bout with Jim Jones, and neither Uriah Primetime or Deb the Machine showed up in Syracuse for their fight! Come on guys, lets get it together! Canceled fights hurt publicity, and that hurts the pocketbook, and that hurts EVERYBODY! Show up for your fights, and stay in shape! That's your job!

At 135, Brad Thicke submitted B.S. Griffin, after almost being submitted himself in the first round. A great back and forth ground battle for you BJJ nuts.

Later on, Rudy Owens came out and did nothing until Johnny Knox knocked him out. It took all of 1:50. Good job.

In the oddest fight of the evening, Chris Bates repeatedly took down Joe Lemana and then stood back up for three rounds for a very strange but undeniable decision victory. Betcha can't do that again!

In a 170 lb contest, Johny Hendricks cut Alpha Omega early, which always makes it hard to look like you're winning, and then proceeded to shut Omega down with a grinding clinch game for a Unanimous Decision.

At 135 lbs, Pablo Silva submitted Jason Jones with a triangle choke quick in the first round. After a (very) brief exchange, Jones landed an unfortunate takedown and landed himself in a world of trouble. One of two submissions, so still a candidate for Sub of the Night.

In a 155 lb title defense, JJ Tucker fought an insane three rounds with contender Amir Khan, and managed to finish the tough challenger with an elbow and knees from the clinch. A real contender for Fight of the Night. We will see more from both of these guys, despite a tough run of luck for Khan.

In another title defense, at 135 lbs, Crazy Datsik and Jake Lewis stood toe to toe and exchanged until one of them dropped. This time, it was Lewis, who despite his great boxing was dropped with a patented Datsik head kick in the first round. Datsik seems to be fairly secure at the top of his division. Who will be the next to challenge him for the title? We'll just have to wait and see.

Finally, in the main event of the evening, Pele Fusuaga and Franky Young exchanged blows inside the cage, but Fusuaga utilized his superior escapes to stay out of trouble the few times Young managed to get him down. Ultimately, this coupled with great work in the clinch helped to secure the knockout victory for Fusuaga almost halfway through the third round.

After the fight, Young had some choice words about his loss to Fusuaga for SFC exec Sly Stallone, and while the Big Bosses won't tell us what was said, a rematch between the two is already being discussed under the table. Both Fusuaga and Young have agreed to be interviewed on SFC TV later this week, so we may find out a little more about what's going on there.

So until next time, I'm Ras Butten, and you have been watching MMA Live on SFC TV, your home for for news from Syracuse Fighting Championships!

JB: Hi, I'm Jim Brewer, here with "The Rat" Martin Fink, and another edition of Ultimate Underground MMA, now coming to you direct on SFC TV.

MF: That's right, all you SFC junkies, you can get your fix every night on the big screen. Tune in live to SFC TV for your latest updates, interviews, news and reviews for Syracuse Fighting Championships!

JB: Brought to you, as always, by Malicestar.

MF: Don't forget to shop there, kiddos, it's what all the cool people are doing.

JB: Well, Rat, let's get on with our latest preview and predictions, for SFC 21: Koon v Simba 3.

MF: Why these guys needed a third fight, we will never know. Koon dominated Simba in two previous bouts. Um, I think I'm gonna go with Koon via submission on this one.

JB: There's not much that can be said otherwise. The 205 lb title seems pretty secure for now. There are, however, some quality fights on this card.

MF: One that I'm excited about is actually two relative newcomers, heavyweights Daron Buxton and Justin Vallefort, both BJJ brown belts. I look for Vallefort to take this one on experience via decision.

JB: Vallefort has only lost to strikers up to this point. It will be interesting to see him go against another BJJ practitioner, but I am still going with Vallefort via submission.

MF: After that, we will see g-n-p artist Death Row take on Yuta Yamashita.

JB: Death Row has lost, but it was by submission, and Yamashita has no ground game. I think we will see an early stoppage here when Row takes a TKO.

MF: Yamashita is a well rounded striker, but he has not displayed an ability to keep the fight standing. Death Row should get the win here, probably by TKO.

JB: At 135, we have Noel "Desperado" Severino, a veteran of Syracuse since SFC: Awakening taking on IPad Apple.

MF: Apple is an 0-2 competitor that I hesitate to call a fighter. Losing two QFCs is not a great way to launch a career. Severino via TKO, round one.

JB: Severino's only losses come at the hands of current champion Crazy Datsik, which is nothing to be ashamed of. iPad Apple is no Crazy Datsik. Severino via submission, round one.

MF: Another head on the chopping block is Frankie Gambini, a grappler with one win in his last six outings. Maybe time to take up gardening? D.S. Cakes, round one KO.

JB: I have to agree again, Rat. Look for Cakes to put some leather on Gambini's increasingly weakening chin for the win. After that things get a little more interesting.

MF: At 145 lbs, Chuck Norris has been a solid competitor. At SFC 21, he will take on Stan Bojan for the second time.

JB: While both men are Purple Belts in BJJ, Norris won in their last outing via submission in the first round. Look for a replay of that performance at SFC 21.

MF: Not so fast, Jim. "The Man" Bojan has upped his game, and he may have a surprise for Norris. I look for Stan Bojan to get the upset here, with a decision victory.

JB: At 170 lbs, Luis Mejias is squaring off against boxer Charles Manson, who has taken some time off from leading a bloodthirsty cult of murderous drug addicts to train for this fight.

MF: Mejias is a well-rounded boxer with BJJ credentials. I think he's going to get another submission victory here tonight.

JB: I'm going to have to go with Manson here. He has the edge in striking, and experience. I think he will keep the fight on the feet for a TKO victory.

MF: Another 135 lb contest, Luis Chalas will take on Jimmy Jackson, for some reason.

JB: Jackson is what we call a 'feeder fish.' Chalas is a shark. He should be challenging Datsik for the title and not wasting his time in the bowels of the SFC.

MF: Next, we have 145 lb power puncher Daniel Riddle, who has three first round TKOs, taking on Tommy Gavin, a boxer who has only lost once since coming to SFC.

JB: I'm going with Riddle, in another jaw-breaking first round knockout. He has the power and the guts to stand and trade with Gavin.

MF: Not me. I see Gavin wearing him out and taking a TKO in round two. KO of the Night alert, also. Just sayin'.

JB: For our co-main event, we have a 185 lb title fight between Kunta Kinte and Dan Benson.

MF: Kinte is a beast, an all around athlete with no obvious weaknesses. I think he's going to take home another hard-fought decision victory.

JB: I think Benson's boxing could well mean the difference in this match. I think Benson will take home his eighth TKO, and the title.

MF: And there it is, kids! Tune in next time for more coverage of your favorite fighting organization, Syracuse Fighting Championships!

No matter how you up your game you'll never be ready to match chuck Norris....expect either a tko or submission victory...Gavin I'm not done with you yet...they tried to name a bridge after me..but NOBODY crosses chuck Norris!

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Brewer: Good evening, and welcome to another segment of Midnight MMA on SFC TV, your home for all of the red-hot fighting action at Syracuse Fighting Championships. Today, we're tuning in live with "The Rat" Martin Fink as he catches up with Andre Bourdeau and his SFC protege, Franky Young. Over to you, Rat.

MF: Thanks, Jim. I'm here at The Renegade Den, home of the Renegade Warriors here in New York. I'm standing here with Franky Young, in between his sparring sessions. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us, Franky.

FY: Your welcome.

MF: After your last match with Pele Fusuaga, you openly called for a rematch. What makes you think you can achieve a different result in your next outing?

FY: I believe I have the skills to beat Pele nine out of ten times. In the first fight I went out with a conservative gameplan, thinking that would be enough to win that fight. I simply want the rematch to prove he isn't better.

MF: How many wins out from a title shot do you think you are? Where do you place yourself in the division?

FY: I'm not sure... I'm in the top ten now so I think one or two wins over quality opponents would be enough, although I'd fight the champ right now. I know a lot of guys are afraid of that fight.

MF: Besides Fusuaga, who at SFC has your sights set on them?

FY: I'd be interested in fighting anyone that would really move me up the rankings.

MF: Is there anyone you'd like to mention?

FY: Yeah, Alpha Male Nutrition, my sponsor.

MF: Do you have any words in closing for all the SFC fans out there?

FY: Be ready for my next fight. It's going to get ugly.

MF: And there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth! Franky Young is looking to make an impression here at SFC. That's all I have for you today! I'm Martin "The Rat" Fink, live from the Renegade's Den in New York on SFC TV, the home of Syracuse Fighting Championships!

Ras Butten: Hi guys, it's me, Ras Butten, and I have caught up with top-ranked SFC featherweight Pele Fusuaga to get his thoughts on Franky Young, And the state of the featherweight division here in Syracuse. How's it going, Mr. Fusuaga?

PF: Great Ras. It's good to be here.

RB: Your last opponent, Franky Young, was recently on SFC TV calling for a rematch. Do you have anything to say about that?

PF: Franky Young gave me a really hard fight, and it was a lot of fun to get to scrap like that. He got real close in the first round with some of the submissions so it was definitely competitive. However, he is on a long losing streak right now and I have nothing to gain from a rematch right away. Get some wins and then we can talk.

RB: How do you stack up against the current SFC featherweight champ?

PF: I have been offered a shot at the title many times but I know when I'm beat. Jenkins is a bad ass. I can't mess with wrestling credentials like that. On top of that, he might even be a better boxer too.? I am hoping he gets bored over here in the SFC and I get to fight someone like Gvin for the vacant title.

RB: Is there anyone else you'd like to meet in the SFC cage?

PF:? Like I mentioned just now, Gavin would be fun. I hear rumors that I'm fighting Wallace next, that should be a good one, too. Besides those guys... I wouldn't mind knocking out Chuck Norris, either.

RB: Do you have any shout outs you'd like to send out?

PF: Always a big shout out to Mafia Training facilities. We got the inside information over there, man. Tycoon Mafia baby!

RB: Is there anyone else you want to thank while we've got you here?

PF: My fans! I hope you liked my last fight; those are the kind of performances I want to give you guys. Do me a favor though, guys... Twitter bomb Jenkins and tell him to try his hand at some tougher opponents!

RB: Thanks for taking the time to talk to us today, Me. Fusuaga. Once again, I'm Ras Butten, and you're on SFC TV!

Marcellas Wallace recently posted a youtube video calling for a rematch and title shot.

Wallace: With Jenkins out of the picture, Pele Fusuaga is number one in the division, and I'm number two. Since we just fought to a draw in our last bout, it seems like we should fight again for the vacant belt. Fusuaga wants it, I want it, and the SFC fans want this fight to happen. Are you listening, Mr. Serrano? Let's make this happen.

JB: Good evening, SFC fans! I'm Jim Brewer, here on Midnight Mixed Martial Arts, coming to you live on SFC TV! Here with me today, as always, is my partner in crime, "The Rat" Martin Fink. How ya doin', Rat?

MF: I'm doing great, Jim, and I'm really excited about the upcoming card we're discussing tonight, SFC 23: Datsik vs Chalas.

JB: I'm excited about it, too, Rat. It's a really stacked card with a lot of exciting fights.

MF: Absolutely. The first fight on the card is Londoner Chris Bates against Muay Thai ace Robert Van De Velde.

JB: Bates is 1-1 on the SFC Fight Nights, after deciding to show up on time following a NC to Butter Bean in his first scheduled fight. He is a BJJ Purple Belt with one finish to his name in five wins.

MF: And Van De Velde is a great striker who is on a two fight rip, looking to make it three in a row since coming to SFC. I think Mr. V has the skills to keep it standing and get the KO.

JB: Bates has a well-rounded game, but I agree with you, Rat. I have Van De Velde taking a relatively easy TKO victory in the second round.

MF: After that, we take a look at the light weight division, where Daniel Riddle will look to improve his 1-2 SFC record by taking on accomplished boxer Newton Grabapple.

JB: Grabapple is on a three fight losing streak coming into his SFC debut. He's hoping to turn his fortunes around here at Syracuse.

MF: Riddle has dropped two here at SFC, and he has good hands himself. I think he has the skills to send Grabapple back to the QFCs.

JB: I think Grabapple is destined to make it four in a row. Riddle only has a win against Frank Fontaine at SFC, and Lord knows that's no great feat, but Grabapple might be just what he needs to get his mojo back. I've got Riddle, TKO, round one.

MF: Next up we have another light weight bout between D.S. Cakes and Paul VanSchool. I think it's going to be another day at the office for KOotN winner Cakes. Cakes, TKO, round one.

JB: I agree. 3-3 VanSchool is prone to being knocked out, and Cakes has been known to knock folks out.

MF: After that, light heavy weights Butter Bean and Randy Couture will face off in the cage. Couture is on a four-fight skid, Butter Bean has been around and solid since SFC: Awakening. I look for Butter Bean to put newcomer Couture on his back, out, round one.

JB: Butter Bean has great takedown skills. I think wrestler Couture will have his hands full, and I see Butter Bean taking it by TKO in round two.

MF: Then, another light heavyweight match between Death Row and Shane Walker.

JB: Death Row is a solid competitor with awesome Ground and Pound, But Walker is a beast. He's super quick, a world-class Muay Thai competitor, and a BJJ Purple Belt. I think Walker has the answer to everything Row brings, and can pose some unanswerable questions of his own. Walker, KO, round one.

MF: I agree. Row is tenacious, but Walker is a phenomenon. I see walker winning by TKO in round one.

JB: The next fight on the card is a heavyweight bout between Daron Buxton and Gegard Moose.

MF: Buxton is a BJJ Brown Belt, undefeated in two professional matches. It will be interesting to see how wrestler Moose deals with his ground game. I have Buxton, via submission in the second round.

JB: I disagree. Moose has good boxing skills and the ability to keep the fight on the feet. I think he's going to get a second round TKO in his SFC debut.

MF: At 185, we have two fighters making their SFC debut. Chucky Ryukenchan and Billy Fargher both came to the SFC to make a name for themselves, and they will face off in the cage June 8.

JB: Both men are grapplers, and both like to work their Ground and Pound. I think Fargher's slight edge in experience will carry the day. Fargher by decision.

MF: I think Ryukenchan's wrestling will make the difference. I have Ryukenchan winning by submission in round two.

JB: And now we are at the top three fights on the card. Charles Manson and Ron Jeremy will be one to watch. Manson is a boxer with some decent ground skills, winning his last fight by submission in under a minute. I think he's going to do the same here. Manson, via sub, round one.

MF: I agree. Ron Jeremy is a decent striker, but his overall game isn't as tight as Manson's. I say Manson, TKO, round two.

JB: In the co-main event, super heavyweights Nikolay Massilievich and David Paterson will square off in the cage. Paterson is a BJJ Black Belt, with five SotN coming in to his SFC debut. Massilievich is looking to climb the ladder to the title after winning his debut by TKO. I see Paterson getting punched out in the first round.

MF: Not me. Paterson is a savvy veteran, and is no stranger to being punched. I think Paterson will get the submission, round two, SotN number six.

JB: And then it's on to our Main Event! SFC Champion Crazy Datsik will defend his title against Luis Chalas,

MF: Datsik is a game fighter with an iron chin and awesome kicks. Chalas is a grappler, a wrestler with a Brown Belt in BJJ, and he has a tough chin also. I see Chalas taking Datsik down and grinding out a hard-fought decision.

JB: Not this time, Rat. Both of these guys are looking to finish, and Datsik knows how to keep a fight standing. I think Datsik will wear him down and get the KO in round three.

MF: And there you have it: SFC 23 in a nutshell. I'm "The Rat" Martin Fink...

JB: And I'm Jim Brewer, on SFC TV, your home for news from Syracuse Fighting Championships!

• Upvote 1

RB: Hello again everybody; Ras Butten here at MMA Warrior in New York, and I've caught up with featherweight wrestler Marcellus Wallace and heavyweight kickboxer Mack Jackson in between sparring sessions. Both of these guys are number three in their respective divisions. Maybe a few fights away from title contention?

MW: I hope so. I've been wanting a rematch with Pele Fusuaga. With Jesse Jenkins out of the picture, I figure I'm at most one big win away from a shot at the title.

MJ: I don't know where I'm at in the standings, I don't pay much attention. I know I'm not in a big hurry to fight Kurt Perrier again, so a title shot is definitely on the back burner for me for the time being.

RB: Who do you guys wanna fight next here at SFC?

MW: Id love a rematch with Fusuaga, or Chuck Norris. But I've heard Norris left the SFC so that one may be tabled for awhile.

MJ: I'm taking on somebody, Van- something or other. He's never had a fight so I don't really know what he has. But I do know what I have, and he is in some big trouble. After that, I have no plans yet.

RB: How do you guys like it here at SFC?

MJ: SFC is great. As long as the competition stays dynamic and I stay competitive in my division, I'm not going anywhere. I love it here at SFC.

MW: Same here. I plan on getting the title at some point, and we will see what happens from there. But I don't plan on going anywhere. As long as there's depth to my division ill be happy. Just keep sending me guys to beat up!

RB: Thanks for your time guys, I know you're in a hurry to get back to your workouts.

MW: No problem, Ras. Thanks for talking to us.

RB: Good luck guys. So there you have it! The inside scoop from two of SFC's finest, only on SFC TV, your home for news from your favorite fighting organization!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...