UFC on ESPN 12 Poirier vs Hooker Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Man, I like to think Gall knows it's shoot and grind time. Time to do his best Curtis Blaydes impression and win via RNC.

I can't see dude being dumb enough to go out and go toe-to-toe for too long unless he has substantially improved.

I dont think Galls grappling is impressive enough for him to do much damage

For me Gall is one of the worst fighters on the UFC roster but you never know what sort of Perry will turn up, very hit and miss like Eryk Anders, Tyrone Woodley, Uriah Hall or Kevin Lee.

Your making me nervous that I put in game money on Gall lol. I could not resist the +247 odds though. If he can get It to the ground or it ends up on the ground enough, he has a solid shot I think. Mike Perry got stopped in his last fight, is 2-5 in his last 7 fights, and his gf might actually be his corner person for the fight. Who knows how hard he has trained and how he is doing mentally.

Im not saying im confident in picking Gall, just the odds were good and I dont think his chances are THAT bad lol.

+247 are bad odds, -247 are good odds.

Man that main event was awesome. My prediction held true... Which was the most likely scenario being that Hooker does great early but as he starts to slow down in the later rounds Dustin would start tearing him apart with his combos. Hooker must of been gassed because he barely threw a strike in RD 5.

d887d8bf45ba927986fe69a86b3bb023.png

83654cd8aa393938f045b253ae30d183.png

No fights for a couple of weeks then five events in a month. I think Mike should sue the UFC for the MMA on an Island concept. It's kinda like when I was doing efeds and we swore the WWE was watching us because we would do an angle or a match and then the WWE would do the exact same thing the next week.

I meant good returns if he won. But still, he lost, so I lost money. and 3-7 on picks. Im just going to pretend this night didn't happen lol.

Yup can pretend all you want but it still happened according to Excel...lol

Was a decent card overall, the main and co-main were good. Some were saying the main event was "the best fight of all time", i do not think it was up there, but it was one of the best fights in recent memory.

Not even close to FOTY imo. Feel like there's been better fights on each card since quarantine. Good fight though till Hooker gassed.

Not even close to FOTY imo. Feel like there's been better fights on each card since quarantine. Good fight though till Hooker gassed.

Poirier is so crafty.

I was chilling w some homies at Grant Boxing and they were watching a detailed 30 minute video on the evolution of his striking game and specially his rotating defense, also that weird shit he does with his elbow as defense.

Not that boxers watch MMA to learn anything but they were appreciating and showing the young ones how Poirier had evolved from making basic rookie mistakes to the descent striker he is now.

I`m not a boxer but I dabbled in it at 18 for a summer and some change. It is brutal, got my nose broken x2 and said no fookin way and went back to my roots (Karate/Taekwondo). Concussions are dangerous but Boxing is a brutal sport. I can watch cock fights but I cannot watch dog fights, to me it`s like that.

Weird enough I still hangout at boxing gyms quite a bit but mostly out of coincidence/randomness/friendships/business not to train lol.

Training mats are a hot commodity during this pandemic (every Joe Blow wants a gym in their unfinished basement), my associate (my gf lol) and I have already made a killing reselling this shit on our spare time and pretty much emptied the stocks in Ontario and Quebec. Planning a trip to Mississauga next to buy as much as we can lol. We have also secured stock from BC asa the shipments arrive from youknowhere lol.

Her family is Honk Kong/ Taiwanese rich so like my Tycoon bets I pretty much keep all profits she just wants her investment back.

Poirier vs Ferguson should be an insanely good fight. Gotta love Dustin, a fighter`s fighter. He is only 4 years older than me, would love to spar with him (lightly) sometime in Lafayette.

His causes are very close to my heart too:

“The Diamond” helped make positive headlines last September when

, after auctioning off his UFC 242 opponent’s T-shirt. UFC president Dana White matched the sum, with the outlay helping the foundation join forces with the non-profit Fight for the Forgotten to help build water wells for the Batwa pygmy children of Uganda.

Despite people saying Perry looked good, he looked like crap to me. I like Gall a lot but Perry should have been able to handle him easy and stop him.

I don’t like Perry, never have but I was always sold on him until and thought he’d be able to come back stronger. He made a crazy first impression on me when he knocked out my boy Ace Lim on the Diaz/Conor 2 card.

Despite people saying Perry looked good, he looked like crap to me. I like Gall a lot but Perry should have been able to handle him easy and stop him.

I don’t like Perry, never have but I was always sold on him until and thought he’d be able to come back stronger. He made a crazy first impression on me when he knocked out my boy Ace Lim on the Diaz/Conor 2 card.

Now Perry is calling out Nate.