It seems we have a few overriding issues with QFCs here:
1) QFCs go [off the record]: having test fights affects the rankings too much. Could this be a selection we choose YES/NO?
2) QFCs go international or fighter faces bot: not enough QFCs in smaller towns, hence waiting too long. [This may coincide with the travelling issue: does travelling/jets stay and is this a matter of priority enough to change the game engine]. As a solution we could consider high speed jets (automatic concord flights with QFCs).
3) Reduce manager hype: concern for managers getting too much hype.
4) Flights/destination: Will Mike keep them?
5) QFCs get divided into another group; Amateur Instant Flights (possibly with with high payouts and less manager hype [off the record]) and higher level fighters who get less money and more hype [on the record?]
FLIGHTS/JETS ISSUE: It seems the game (Mike) has been in dilemna as to whether to either stay realistic (keeping jets/flights) and less functional as a game or take a less realistic direction in terms of giving the players a more exciting/playable experience. It feels to be that removing flights is too much of a dramatic slash in terms of wasting all that programming.
SOLUTION: I think the solution could be ALL OF THE ABOVE. Mike introduces ultra speed jets and automatic flights (cost free for young fighters) for INSTANT-QFCs. The hype and record will either be switched on or off (unless there's a way to have a sliding factor: such as younger fighters get either less hype/more money or more hype/less money).
How it could work: QFCs have a [ready to fight now] button and a [off the record] button. QFCs go international with automatic high speed jets just for QFCs which take 1-2hrs to get anywhere. So, you enter into the instant quickfights column for your weightclass and wait (10-30mins). If the fighter doesn't get a match up, then a bot is assigned and the flight happens automatically and immediately. The fighter gets his opponent at the same time as the flight takes off so u can adjust your sliders at that point. Maybe it's possible to have an [accept opponent during flight] option (if you have your sliders set for ANY opponent). In that case, a manager could accept to fight you and replace the bot.
Suggestion for hype issue: the younger the fighter, the least hype the managers get, but more money (this could this be set by the manager as a pre-fight (one single slider or you simply choose one or the other) or automatically calculated so that the older you are the less money you get, but gets more hype)? "I'm just throwing ideas around, so please feel free to pull my ideas apart. Let's try to work out the most simple solution together".