UFC 247 Jones vs Reyes Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Exactly where I am with it.

Another bullshit UFC decision. Getting as bad as boxing.

it's not the UFC, it's the state gaming commissions, they provide the refs and judges.

At least if you said 48-47, you could make an argument for Jones I guess... But the judge who had it 49-46... wtf

you're talking about the same judges that during the Murphy vs Lee fight, Joe Rogan pointed out that they were talking to each other and not even watching the fight.

b7f11f3386855ad70c7d40612115ca73.png

40a113d66944a02fdeae8a94d1d40797.png

Look out...I just looked at the schedule. Including this past one, there's an event every weekend for nine straight weeks (at least), it won't load anything post that without crashing.

• Upvote 3

damn ... may be the worst performance in pick'em for me
4-8 :/

Jones vs Reyes was close. Cardio made the difference not the takedowns in my opinion.
Martinez should have got the nod as well.
Crazy judging all around ...

• Upvote 1

How did one of the Judges give Jones 49-46? WTF is that? Overall i think Jones is a better fighter than Reyes, so i think that in terms of legacy, i am happy Jones won this fight, but if i was to score that, i would give 3 rounds to Reyes. MAYBE i could give 2 rounds to Reyes and 3 to Jones, but just 1 to Reyes? How does that make any sense? (One judge gave it 1 round to Reyes)

Round #1 was Reyes 100%, the last 2 were Jones, the 2-3 rounds are debatable. Reyes outscored Jones and had the better strikes, it all depends how much you rate those short, ineffective takedowns Jones had. Personally i do not give anything to those, Jones did not land anything, he did not have Reyes on his back and did not have any control, it is hard to even consider them as takedowns. Overall, i am not unhappy with the result and it was not the biggest rip off ever, but i have to question how these judges come to their conclusions, what is their criteria? It seems to me, they do not really have any specific criteria.

Also, can anyone see Shevshenko losing that belt? She is so above her opposition it is not fair.

• Upvote 1

How did one of the Judges give Jones 49-46? WTF is that? Overall i think Jones is a better fighter than Reyes, so i think that in terms of legacy, i am happy Jones won this fight, but if i was to score that, i would give 3 rounds to Reyes. MAYBE i could give 2 rounds to Reyes and 3 to Jones, but just 1 to Reyes? How does that make any sense?

Also, can anyone see Shevshenko losing that belt? She is so above her opposition it is not fair.

First thing I did after her fight was look up the rankings for her division. Shes beat the 2 best girls eye and chookagian and those 2 beat the rest of the division. Tbh since Alexa grasso is moving up to 125 thats probably her toughest competition but I doubt grasso would win the fight but maybe she could make it exciting or competitive.

First thing I did after her fight was look up the rankings for her division. Shes beat the 2 best girls eye and chookagian and those 2 beat the rest of the division. Tbh since Alexa grasso is moving up to 125 thats probably her toughest competition but I doubt grasso would win the fight but maybe she could make it exciting or competitive.

What about a 3rd with Nunez? If this was GAMMA, i would not do that, but this is the only fight i see that makes sense unfortunately. I think Shevshenko has improved since their last fight.

• Upvote 1

.....It seems to me, they do not really have any specific criteria. .....

Bingo! But that is not an accident. Especially "octagon control" and "aggression" can be very wishy washy. Same for "effective striking". What does constitute effective striking? When do you value accuracy higher than volume and vice versa?

It all lies in the eyes of the beholder. If a fight is even just somewhat close, you can almost justify any scoring blunder. In boxing they do it all the time. XD

When the fight was over, I instantly knew that Jones had it. He looked way stronger towards the end. And if somone is as dominat a figure as him, no promoter will let him be beaten by just a smidgeon.

You either beat a guy like Jones convincingly or not at all.

Not saying that it's fair. But that is the score, when you are pitted against one of the golden boys. Be it in boxing or in MMA.

you're talking about the same judges that during the Murphy vs Lee fight, Joe Rogan pointed out that they were talking to each other and not even watching the fight.

b7f11f3386855ad70c7d40612115ca73.png

40a113d66944a02fdeae8a94d1d40797.png

Holy shit!! This is my first pick 'em win in about 5 years :winner: