Fight offer with retired fighter

SeanJuan

Hi all,

Quick question(s) - I have a fighter in a division that has thinned out significantly, to the point that there are only 6 active fighters left in it. I only have one fight left on the contract, and had not gotten a fight offer in quite some time, so was considering leaving when the inactivity clause was up.

A few days ago, this fighter got a fight offer with a fighter in the division that was retired. Thinking it was a mistak on the league owner's part, I declined it, listing my reason.

Of course, declining reset my inactivity counter, and there is really still no one left to fight. My two questions are:

1. What would have happened if I had accepted the fight?

2. Does it seem like this was done just to keep me under contract?

I don't want to make any accusations, and this is the first fight I have ever declined. Just trying to make sure I understand the position, and am seeing the forest for the trees.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Quick question(s) - I have a fighter in a division that has thinned out significantly, to the point that there are only 6 active fighters left in it. I only have one fight left on the contract, and had not gotten a fight offer in quite some time, so was considering leaving when the inactivity clause was up.

A few days ago, this fighter got a fight offer with a fighter in the division that was retired. Thinking it was a mistak on the league owner's part, I declined it, listing my reason.

Of course, declining reset my inactivity counter, and there is really still no one left to fight. My two questions are:

1. What would have happened if I had accepted the fight?

2. Does it seem like this was done just to keep me under contract?

I don't want to make any accusations, and this is the first fight I have ever declined. Just trying to make sure I understand the position, and am seeing the forest for the trees.

Thanks!

Sounds like they want to keep you under contract.