Manny Pacquiao agrees to fight Conor Mcgregor. RIP Conor

ilovecindy

Pacquiao confirms intent to fight McGregor after UFC star’s shock boxing claim (full article)

Philippine boxing icon Manny Pacquiao wants to fight Irish mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor in the ring next year, an aide said in a statement Saturday.

“For the sake of all the Filipino Covid-19 victims, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor next year,” Pacquiao’s special assistant Jayke Joson said, adding negotiations are ongoing.

The fight could be staged in the Middle East after the coronavirus pandemic abates, the aide said, adding Pacquiao would donate a portion of his prize earnings to Filipino Covid-19 victims.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Why not...

I mean from retirement to can crushing to facing a current world champion boxer who is tiny in comparison to him, I mean whatever. If it happens, we'd watch. Don't act like you don't all love the shit out of McGregor and his legacy! Even when you hate him you love him!

No, not at all.

I would not tune in to see that 'fight' in a million years.

Mayweather played with McGregor. It was humiliating, as was to be expected.

I never get this take at all. Floyd fought like he always does. I think people are just so shocked that he possibly lost a round even though he loses a lot of rounds usually but people forget.

Floyd fought like he always does and in no way played with McGregor at all. He came out, fought on the defence, stayed back towards the ropes. He's done this in almost every fight, especially as he tries to figure out the opponent at the start. McGregor was gifted range and pace he wouldn't get against anyone else and his style of boxing at a close distance, landing a shot and getting back, is something we actually haven't seen Mayweather face a lot. He had a tiny bit of trouble with that in the first few rounds. He turned the gas on slightly and felt Conor wither. From that point he considered it game, set match. Conor had to work so hard for every shot, that by the middle rounds Mayweather sussed that he was tiring and piled on the pressure.

It wasn't some extravagant plot. Some highly unusual fight where one fighter doesn't taunt but still "plays" with his opponent. It was a straight up regular boxing match. McGregor could look good because all of the elements an MMA fighter lacks in boxing, Mayweather doesn't typically exploit anyways. But Mayweather has never once in his career let someone land punches on him. For the past decade, maybe a decade and a half, he's never once "tired to make a show". He goes in, does what he does, and wins. Simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I never get this take at all. Floyd fought like he always does. I think people are just so shocked that he possibly lost a round even though he loses a lot of rounds usually but people forget.

Floyd fought like he always does and in no way played with McGregor at all. He came out, fought on the defence, stayed back towards the ropes. He's done this in almost every fight, especially as he tries to figure out the opponent at the start. McGregor was gifted range and pace he wouldn't get against anyone else and his style of boxing at a close distance, landing a shot and getting back, is something we actually haven't seen Mayweather face a lot. He had a tiny bit of trouble with that in the first few rounds. He turned the gas on slightly and felt Conor wither. From that point he considered it game, set match. Conor had to work so hard for every shot, that by the middle rounds Mayweather sussed that he was tiring and piled on the pressure.

It wasn't some extravagant plot. Some highly unusual fight where one fighter doesn't taunt but still "plays" with his opponent. It was a straight up regular boxing match. McGregor could look good because all of the elements an MMA fighter lacks in boxing, Mayweather doesn't typically exploit anyways. But Mayweather has never once in his career let someone land punches on him. For the past decade, maybe a decade and a half, he's never once "tired to make a show". He goes in, does what he does, and wins. Simple.

What might have 'blurred' your vision is the fact that Mayweather plays with most of his opponents.

He gives them a false sense of confidence (without being in danger himself) and then breaks them down.

Mayweather is a true master of the game, as nobody can deny.

He could have totally humiliated McGregor, but I found this 'fight' already more than humiliating enough for McGregor.

PS: someone downvoted your post, so I upvoted it again. You were just stating your opinion, nothing wrong with that at all.

With Conor is is all about the money at this point, It would not surprise me if he takes a payday and do a few WWE shows in the next couple of years. He clearly does not have the size to be a proper WWE wrestler, but i do not think they will care, his draw and mic skills will be enough to bring him in.

With Conor is is all about the money at this point, It would not surprise me if he takes a payday and do a few WWE shows in the next couple of years. He clearly does not have the size to be a proper WWE wrestler, but i do not think they will care, his draw and mic skills will be enough to bring him in.

100% agreed.

I don't mind that either, it's his life, his choice, but then he should walk around thinking that he is the best fighter ever.