GoFundMe - Dog Emergency Crisis

Rambo

Updating my original post. I appreciate everything. I really do. I'm feeling pretty good after seeing her tonight and she's recovering. When I posted here I was in absolute desperation/panic mode. I hit up every social media platform possible. I had been hit with $12,720 in vet bills in 3 days and she was (and still is) nowhere near coming home and I had no legal idea of how to come across the money to cover another vet bill. She still needs surgery. I don't have the money. I might still be in just as much of desperation mode as I was in when I first started typing a few days ago, but I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the whole thing and feel like it'll work out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMERGENCY

7/10/2017
Our dog Blue suffered a horrific leg injury after being attacked by 3 wild dogs that came into the yard through the front gate of our 7 acre property. We rushed her to the emergency room and she was in critical condition. It's the single worst experience of our life.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE(S)

22262286_1500140589.902_funddescription.
UPDATE: Unfortunately it got worse, but it's getting better.

She's currently in stable condition and her status is improving. She's recovering. We almost lost her but she is a big strong girl, and the medical staff has done an excellent job taking care of her while treating her injuries. The pictures don't represent the severity of her injury. Another picture has been removed due to it's graphic nature.

Blue suffered major trauma, massive blood loss, and required multiple blood transfusions to treat anemia.

She's under 24 hour medical boarding and she's still in needs of surgery to repair her injured leg.

Her medical bills cost $12,720 in the first 3 days she was in the emergency room. Much to my dismay I depleted the savings account and exhausted all of our resources to pay it.

22262286_1500369456.9883_funddescription
You can call Special Veterinary Services @ (239) 947-0588 to get a confirmation of my pets medical bill history and the payments that have been made.

For the first few days her status was "day-to-day" and words can't express how happy we are that she's recovering. Her system isn't quite ready for surgery yet due to the severity of the trauma and a low red blood cell count, but she's recuperating.

Even though we both wish she could be magically healed over night, we're extremely happy with the progress that's been made so far and we can't wait to bring our big girl back home to her family.

22262286_1500112304.8359_funddescription
I was told amputation is the cheaper method but there isn't a value on seeing her with all 4 of the legs she came into this world with. If she could talk to the surgeon when he asked that question, she would say "Are you (expletive) kidding me?" and I bet she'd be plotting her escape to come home.

Unfortunately I've completely depleted my savings account and exhausted all of my resources paying her bills up to this date. We're going to fall behind on rent and every other bill this month. I feel like Will Ferrell in "Everything Must Go" and we're doing everything we can to secure the funds for her surgery and any other medical expenses. We've already applied and used Care Credit. This is a last resort.

I can and will REPAY every dollar donated or donate it to the charity of your choice by the end of 2018.

I'm willing to sign a business contract legally binding me to the reimbursement of your donation. During the repayment period I will prioritize the larger donations and work my way down until every single dollar is repaid or your contribution is donated to a charity or another campaign of your choice.

I'm the owner of A+ Property Management in FL, a small business that specializes in lawn service, and we earn a modest income.

If money is tight in your household please save your money! I'd rather you share this message than donate on my behalf. You never know what can happen and we wouldn't want anybody to potentially get put in a similar situation that we went through.

I was told by several sources that the cost could exceed twenty-thousand or more. Until I get an estimate or another bill, I have no way of anticipating the cost of her surgery(s) or her medical boarding and wound treatment.

It's a humbling experience. I'm usually the friend that people turn to when they need a loan and helped out financially. It was one of the most depressing and stressful weeks of my life scrambling to cover the initial $12,720 in medical bills, but things are looking up with the improvement of Blue's health.

I couldn't care less about the money, our dog's health is our first priority. In the past 15 months I've spent an astronomical amount of money on multiple dog's medical bills. It's been a rough year in the emergency room.

22262286_1500369097.3381_funddescription(Above is a picture our crazy girl Luna post-surgery after she was bit by a snake and the medical bill)

I've spent everything I had left on Blue's medical bills and there's a surgery around the corner. We could desperately use the donation, but there's others out there that could use it more. If you share this that's more than enough. I'm optimistic that everything will work out. Others aren't as fortunate as us and they could use your immediate donation more.

If you want your contribution donated to charity, please leave the name of the charity in the donation's comment box.

If you want direct repayment, please e-mail SaveMyGirlBlue@yahoo.com with a form of information so we can contact you (PayPal, E-mail, Social Media account, Cell, etc) and reimburse your donation.

We appreciate everybody who has shared this, sent positive vibes, and contributed in our time of need and we look forward to repaying our debts.

• Upvote 7

Not entirely sure when ill be able to, but as soon as I can financially ill send a donation.

I got 3 dogs (1 of them being a purebreed staffordshire bull terrier). We found out recently that his dad had to be put down cos he lost on of his front legs and he was physically in pain every day cos of how top heavy they are and all that pressure was on his one front leg.

Hopefully you get enough to get her through it and she is able to keep her leg and eventually recover enough that she can be at least a portion of how she was before.

Not entirely sure when ill be able to, but as soon as I can financially ill send a donation.

I got 3 dogs (1 of them being a purebreed staffordshire bull terrier). We found out recently that his dad had to be put down cos he lost on of his front legs and he was physically in pain every day cos of how top heavy they are and all that pressure was on his one front leg.

Hopefully you get enough to get her through it and she is able to keep her leg and eventually recover enough that she can be at least a portion of how she was before.

Sorry to hear that man, I've had dogs all my life. Any help is appreciated. I've posted the pictures of her injury. I've updated the gofundme campaign description. Spent a few hours last night and was up til 7 AM trying to get it organized and ready. Time really aint in my favor.

whole situation is fucked up. usually I have the money or credit in the bank to cover everything. I bought my brother a house this year (few months ago) and the down payment was a little over 28k. On top of that I made a very large investment earlier this year and kept enough in savings to get by comfortably but numerous vet bills chipped away at it and this last one soaked up everything.

I wanted to donate $25, but gofundme asks me for a credit card nummer, and I do not have a credit card. If you have a paypal I can send the money to, send me a PM with the info for that.

thanks bro.

CKeppelrun@gmail.com

is my paypal email.

I can repay everything I receive later this year. Depending on how this thing goes might take me a while to sort through it all but have every intention on returning everything or donating it to the charity of your choice.

I really need help sharing this and getting it to spread a bit more. Random forums, facebook, twitter, etc. It'd help a lot.

• Upvote 1

The money has been sent. Don't worry about paying it back though. Just hope this little contribution helps and hope that more people will be able to chip in to help you out.

Used to have a couple of dogs too and I know what they can mean to a person. Really sucks this happened, but hoping for a full recovery!

• Upvote 3

The money has been sent. Don't worry about paying it back though. Just hope this little contribution helps and hope that more people will be able to chip in to help you out.

Used to have a couple of dogs too and I know what they can mean to a person. Really sucks this happened, but hoping for a full recovery!

Thanks. I'll donate it to charity when funds are available. I don't need free money man.

After making that big investment into my buddy's company and putting down payment on my brothers house I had over 70K left in the bank. I thought I was doing a really good job with money management and I had more than enough to keep me afloat but multiple dog emergencies have soaked it up. I have a little over 4k a month in bills and that's not including the money I was spending for food, protein shakes (BCAA's, pre-work outs, protein powder), dog toys, games, out of town expenses, just a bunch of random shit. I really haven't eaten fast food in 5-7 years and I'm practically living off wendys, cereal, and if I really feel like splurging Chik-fil-a.

Chris this just broke my heart and I truly am so sorry this has happened.

I've like Grant had staffies all my life, my in laws have one and they had one who passed last year.

I would love to help you but I'm not in a position to be able to although if I could I would.

Man this is horrendous, do you not have any type of insurance that can cover this or anything you can sell? I know it sounds dumb but you could do a sale of items. There just things not like dogs.

I'll help share this dude. And I would also get this on the general game discussion. Not many people see this thread.

Chris this just broke my heart and I truly am so sorry this has happened.

I've like Grant had staffies all my life, my in laws have one and they had one who passed last year.

I would love to help you but I'm not in a position to be able to although if I could I would.

Man this is horrendous, do you not have any type of insurance that can cover this or anything you can sell? I know it sounds dumb but you could do a sale of items. There just things not like dogs.

I'll help share this dude. And I would also get this on the general game discussion. Not many people see this thread.

Can't get pet insurance for a pre-existing injury. If anybody knows of a place that will - I'd gladly apply there. So far I've struck out. After this year all of my dogs will have pet insurance going into 2018.

Sharing is good. I've tried to get it out to as many sources as possible. Facebook, reddit, random animal forums, etc. I think most people will dismiss it as spam.

I kind of feel like Will Ferrell in 'Everything Must Go'. 4 wheeler, car, guns/ammo, trailer, etc. These things aren't gonna sell fast enough though. I really don't know the next time I'll get hit with a vet bill and I don't know when I will have to pay for her surgery, but it's around the corner. Initial deposit was a little over 5 grand and 4 days later they needed another 7200 because of blood transfusions, etc. too tired atm to list all the things they've done so far.

Karter, what is your Facebook profile? You should post the go fund me to your page and I will share it as much as I can.

I am absolutely heart broken for you Karter, I am almost in tears for you and I don't care if you think that makes me a pussy, I have 2 dogs myself and they are my whole world and all I have. I have an American Cocker Spaniel purebred and an American Amstaff/black Lab mix and I would do ANYTHING for them, I'd die for them. I have dished out $600 on them these last 3 weeks in bills myself man, I know the hurt.

Im not very wealthy but this is above me or you Karter. Blue is a beautiful pup and deserves a great life, I just got my GST cheque in the mail today so I'm gonna send you $50 through PayPal once I remember my password. You can pay me back whenever I don't give a fuck I just want your dog to live and be healthy again. Get my info in the future, I'm sure you'll remember who donated money since it's for one of your babies.

Hopefully they let you go on some payment plans. I will donate more in the future as well Karter most likely in two weeks time from last Thursday when I get paid.

• Upvote 1

Damn man hate to hear and wish you the best luck in everything. Sucks that I'm a broke fucker myself, but will share the page with other places to try and help. I went through a similar issue not long ago with one of mine. She somehow messed up her back cause a narrow disk space. Vet advised me to put her down saying she would never walk again without 10k in surgery and then that wouldn't be a for sure thing. I couldn't do it cause didn't have no where near 10k and just couldn't bring myself to put her down. It took several months of working with her and almost killed me cause she is a big girl at 130lbs but I built some homemade devices to help her stand and keep her standing inside and even ended up getting her a wheel chair but after few months she ended up finally standing on her own and after more work she started walking again. Pets are family to many and mine are like my kids to me.

Couple pics of her in the wheelchair

http://i65.tinypic.com/353c9rp.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2lxfszr.jpg

Couple pics of her finally walking and standing on her own

http://i66.tinypic.com/21alfms.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/33ygmmx.jpg

She still has some issues like no control over bowel movements, they just happen whenever where ever, and hard time getting up and around at times but she is still here and gets to go riding in the car which was her favorite thing ever. Will try to find couple of pages I came across that would help in issues like this. I can't remember the name or address's but some would help with bills or work with vets on getting help.

Her and her two buddies sleeping with her -- They have their own couch

http://i63.tinypic.com/10ykw47.jpg

• Upvote 4

Karter, what is your Facebook profile? You should post the go fund me to your page and I will share it as much as I can.

I am absolutely heart broken for you Karter, I am almost in tears for you and I don't care if you think that makes me a pussy, I have 2 dogs myself and they are my whole world and all I have. I have an American Cocker Spaniel purebred and an American Amstaff/black Lab mix and I would do ANYTHING for them, I'd die for them. I have dished out $600 on them these last 3 weeks in bills myself man, I know the hurt.

Im not very wealthy but this is above me or you Karter. Blue is a beautiful pup and deserves a great life, I just got my GST cheque in the mail today so I'm gonna send you $50 through PayPal once I remember my password. You can pay me back whenever I don't give a fuck I just want your dog to live and be healthy again. Get my info in the future, I'm sure you'll remember who donated money since it's for one of your babies.

Hopefully they let you go on some payment plans. I will donate more in the future as well Karter most likely in two weeks time from last Thursday when I get paid.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I've joined a variety of groups in facebook and I've spread the message there. Also posted on reddit and random dog/pet forums. I'm getting a decent amount of shares and some advice or direction. Probably should of used Generosity.com because they don't take a % out like gofundme, but it's a little late.

I haven't shared on my facebook page yet because I don't really want 100 people blowing my phone up or asking me a ton of questions. I've cut off a bunch of friends and associates over the years and in my gofundme campaign description I'm transparent with future financial situation. But the main reason is that I don't want my grandma knowing what happened right now. There were a series of unfortunate events that took place and I don't want her stressing out about this.

@ PBR if your dog still needs surgery in December, there's a good chance I'll be able to help with that or donate to the cause. you did a good job with her.

• Upvote 1

Thanks on the offer's but I wouldn't get it done now at all even if had the money. Unless she ended up not being able to walk again, cause it was a gamble as too if it would even work they said. But thankfully I stuck with her and like mentioned after few months she was back up and walking. You can tell she has problems as sometimes she has a hard time getting up and have to help her, I put it off as sort of like us as we get older with injuries they cause problems in cold weather / heavy rain type weather. I have the same with my neck and back being broke before, cold weather get super stiff and all. I put it all in her heart though, she was down badly and could see she was like sort of giving up. I got the wheel chair as a last ditch effort and after being able to walk on her own with it her spirit lifted up, you could see it. After month or so on wheel chair she ended up doing it on her own. Only major issue is no control of her bowels now. She can somewhat sense or feel when she is peeing or crapping cause she will get up as fast as she can and start heading for the doggie door. Most of the time she makes it, except for the peeing part, but just glad to still have her. Hopefully Blue has big heart also and will pull through also. Still looking for that one group I applied to help for, sort of like insurance but it's a credit like. You apply and if good enough they will pay for the vet and you pay them back like a credit card. It's been close to a year ago when this all happened and can't remember the name of the place but someone at one of the forum's I visit passed it to me so just going through looking back trying to find it.

• Upvote 1

@ PBR I got 1800 in care credit on Thursday and used it already.

No updates on her status or condition. Nothing changed. She was sleeping and sedated at the vet so I didn't want to disturb her. Bodies tend to heal better when you're sleeping. I usually try to get there shortly after they change her bandages.

• Upvote 2

1500252969.0472_ugc_content.jpg

one of the vet techs posted in the gofundme comments area. here's a picture of her. she's responsive. more alert. you can't really tell with the pic above but everything is still swollen (looks as if she was stung by a bee or bit by a snake) and her red blood cell count isn't high enough yet for surgery. it gets to or above 20% and dips back down. it was a very traumatic injury so her system is suffering.

• Upvote 2