Audio fight commentary

Timmy

I've experimented with putting fights through free browser-based text-to-speach utilities and the results are good enough to listen to a fight without it sounding stupid. I wrote to Mike about it and he says he might be interested in implementing a "listen to fight" option as a new alternative if there's a practical way to use some of this free software on the Tycoon site.

Does anyone here have any technical knowledge about this? My knowledge is limited. I'm pretty sure open-source/freeware software can be found, but is there a way to implement it without requiring users to download files or run add-ons?

EDIT: -Example..

http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/texttospeech_output_files/0049272001398642480/1883362.mp3

• Upvote 11

I've experimented with putting fights through free browser-based text-to-speach utilities and the results are good enough to listen to a fight without it sounding stupid. I wrote to Mike about it and he says he might be interested in implementing a "listen to fight" option as a new alternative if there's a practical way to use some of this free software on the Tycoon site.

Does anyone here have any technical knowledge about this? My knowledge is limited. I'm pretty sure open-source/freeware software can be found, but is there a way to implement it without requiring users to download files or run add-ons?

Would it not just be a sound file (the recorded voice commentary) linked to a button in the fight commentary page?

Or maybe there's sound players out there which you could put at the top of the fight commentary page and then just link in the sound file.

Microsoft Sam?

No.

http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/texttospeech_output_files/0049272001398642480/1883362.mp3

Would it not just be a sound file (the recorded voice commentary) linked to a button in the fight commentary page?

Or maybe there's sound players out there which you could put at the top of the fight commentary page and then just link in the sound file.

Well yes, something exactly like this, but I'm looking for someone who knows exactly how to do it. It needs to be so that Mike can set it up and forget about it. If it needs constant manual updating that's no good.

Well yes, something exactly like this, but I'm looking for someone who knows exactly how to do it. It needs to be so that Mike can set it up and forget about it. If it needs constant manual updating that's no good.

That's not possible unless someone knows how the fight commentary is produced, the only person who knows that is Mike. Like it has to exactly match the text commentary so when a fighter shoots for a takedown, then there should be a sound file of commentary about a fighter shooting in for a takedown added to the fight commentary audio file which will contain the whole audio of the fight.

The best way to go about it, is probably to go for a post fight audio commentary, like for some of the best fights in MMA Tycoon history and then post them on the forums, whoever is the best 2 commentators should then record themselves saying the lines that everyone wants in the audio commentary like "He's shooting in for the takedown but he's not quick enough to get a hold of him"

You have to consider that an automatically produced audio commentary will also have to take into consideration the fighter's first names and surnames, will these be included in the audio commentary?

Edit

Just listened to your example audio commentary clip, it sounds really robotic which is why I think getting recordings is better but would be probably a lot harder to implement

I have been looking for a quality writer to do pre fight, live fight blow by blow action and post fight write ups to create high quality audio commentary for our orgs as we have two guys that want to do the voices. If someone can write consistently for me we can have a fun audio section of this game.

I will pay top dollar for this writer to be consistent for our audio commentary.

I have been looking for a quality writer to do pre fight, live fight blow by blow action and post fight write ups to create high quality audio commentary for our orgs as we have two guys that want to do the voices. If someone can write consistently for me we can have a fun audio section of this game.

I will pay top dollar for this writer to be consistent for our audio commentary.

Personally I think the audio commentary could evolve into a radio show for MMA Tycoon. I remember the old one which was about a couple years ago but with Listerman doing top quality write ups for MMA Hype perhaps he'd like the MMA Hype name to evolve into audio commentary as well?

MMA Hype is already established and like by numerous forum users, of course this would need approval from Listerman himself. Perhaps Listerman would want to help out with it as well?

I'm happy to help out with the audio, I've got a good headset which has a pretty good quality mic so that should help, just hope everyone would be able to understand me :D

This idea is not about radio or recording real voices. Please make a new topic to discuss recording one-off voice commentaries because I'm trying to find help with fully automatic synthetic voice replay of the existing text file the game already creates for every fight. I don't care if it sounds robotic, I just think it's fun and convenient to listen rather than read, and I believe that there must be an easy way to implement this with the right software.

• Upvote 1

Here's a text-to-speech project on Github, there's a couple forks which is people just taking the code and tweaking it. All the code is there, unfortunately I couldn't find a demo of it. To get it to work you might have to convert the whole fight commentary to 1 long string and then add that string to this text-to-speech program.

https://github.com/kripken/speak.js

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...