Transition vs escapes vs def grappling

Splitm

Perhaps you're trolling, idk. If you weren't making unfounded claims in the noob section, I would have just let it go. Tell you what - go ahead and find a forum quote from Mike Tycoon stating what you said previously:

Escapes are only for getting up from bottom position.

Here's what I can prove:

• Transitions: You need transitions to move from one position to another on the ground. The value is also used when calculating whether your opponent is successful in advancing position, or whether you can stop him. Grapplers will need this skill. Strikers will also need it, if they want to get out of bad positions on the ground. You may be able to use a "stall" tactic by controlling and get a standup but this is extremely risky. Note, if you don't have transitions then a good grappler will be able to advance position more easily and get to a position where they may finish you.
  • Escapes: Anyone who wants to stand up from the ground will need this, unless they're going for a referee stand up

And here's where you can find that info in the Tycoon User Guide: http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Game_Changes_March_2013

• Downvote 1

I have seen Mike Tycoon say transitions affect standing up from top. I will try to find the post now.

Well I'll be fucked, I can't find it. Sifted through two whole threads on the improvements to ref stand ups and such and can't find the comment Mike made on it. But I do know he said it. I just can't prove it yet

Edited by UniConor
  • Upvote 1

I have seen Mike Tycoon say transitions affect standing up from top. I will try to find the post now.

Well I'll be fucked, I can't find it. Sifted through two whole threads on the improvements to ref stand ups and such and can't find the comment Mike made on it. But I do know he said it. I just can't prove it yet

You sound like that other guy :yawn:

Just kidding.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit confusing since one would naturally expect escapes to work from the top too but I think Juice is right.

I don't really want to get up from the ground so haven't done much testing for it to say for certain but Mike did say transitions was the skill to get up from the top position.

Here's the post: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50571&p=689724

• Upvote 1