overall & specific skills

It might me a stupid question, but If we have a fighter that has hes overall skill of boxing on respectable(70), and his specific skill which would be striking defence on 110, so it means his striking defence will only work as it would be only 70, because of it overall skill?

Thanks for an answers to a noob :D

No, that's not how it works. For every action e.g. defending an opponents strike, there are several attributes which affect the outcome to differing degrees. In the case of defending a strike, your striking defense, boxing, muay thai, agility, speed, among others play a role in whether or not you will be able to successfully defend the strike. Its more of an aggregation of your primary, secondary and physical skills to different weighted degrees.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for an aswer, but I got another question. Is it like that people take their fighters only to spars and then they train their attributes? If yes why is that? :/

I am pretty new to the game so what I do could be completely wrong. I do not spar at all. Your primaries will go up while you train in secondaries, maybe not as fast, but that way I can train in the specific skills I want. When you spar your primaries goes up and then everything associated with that will go up slightly. So if I dont want take down offense but I spar in wrestling it will go up. As I said before i could be wrong on how to do this, but for me I would rather be highly skilled in what I want then being very well skilled in everything.

• 2 months later...

Like groovemonkey said, it is like a combined total of your skills vs the total combined skills of your opponent in determining what the outcome is.

So say you are defending, and your opponent throws a kick.

Your defending will be: Boxing + Muay Thai + Striking Defense + Speed + Agility + others relatable will add up

His attacking will be: Muay Thai + Kick + Strength + Speed + Balance + others

This is the part where I may be wrong. I think it takes the average of those skills and if you are higher than your opponent, you have a higher chance of successfully defending against the strike.

Like groovemonkey said, it is like a combined total of your skills vs the total combined skills of your opponent in determining what the outcome is.

So say you are defending, and your opponent throws a kick.

Your defending will be: Boxing + Muay Thai + Striking Defense + Speed + Agility + others relatable will add up

His attacking will be: Muay Thai + Kick + Strength + Speed + Balance + others

This is the part where I may be wrong. I think it takes the average of those skills and if you are higher than your opponent, you have a higher chance of successfully defending against the strike.

I do it sometimes too but gwad is not grovemonkey :)

Flex is big on landing kicks as well.

I do it sometimes too but gwad is not grovemonkey :)

Flex is big on landing kicks as well.

My head is all over the place haha I was looking at a groovemonkey post on another thread just before this haha

I meant to say Flexibility instead of balance...

Wow...that was a terrible post by me haha

I get that its the total skill that goes into it. My question about this whole thing would be like defending knees in the clinch. I mean there are other things like this but just using this one for example.

Defending fighter boxing-12 mt-1 wrestling-7 bjj-white

clinch-12 strike d- 12

all physicals at 12

Attaking fighter boxing-1 mt-12 wrestling 7 bjj- white
knees- 12 clinch- 12

all physicals at 12

Since the defending fighter has no MT is his defense almost useless against the attacking MT knee (mt attack)?

Would his defense of the knee be better if he had boxing-1 mt-12?

How much does the clinch play into strike d, striking, takedown offense and defence and control inside the clinch?

What if defending fighter had boxing-1 mt-12 wrestling-7 bjj- white

clinch-1 strike d- 12?

Why does boxing/mt have that hidden value that is used a little bit in the game?

Does that hidden value play into the fight engine?

I have more questions about interactions but I felt this was enough for now.

an easy way to think about primes and secs in relation to attacks or defense is to add the sec skill to the associated prime to see it's value

Example:

Fighter A punches 12 and boxing 5 = 17 striking

Fighter B punches 5 and boxing 12 = same 17

but if both of above have 12 SD then

Fighter A 12 SD and 5 boxing = 17 defense

Fighter B 12 SD and 12 boxing = 24 defense

not 100% how it woks but show the basic Idea

• Upvote 1

an easy way to think about primes and secs in relation to attacks or defense is to add the sec skill to the associated prime to see it's value

Example:

Fighter A punches 12 and boxing 5 = 17 striking

Fighter B punches 5 and boxing 12 = same 17

but if both of above have 12 SD then

Fighter A 12 SD and 5 boxing = 17 defense

Fighter B 12 SD and 12 boxing = 24 defense

not 100% how it woks but show the basic Idea

Ah, I wasn't completely sure if it was the average of the skills or the total. cheers for clearing it up a bit anyways