Org managers, help me out?

Bleakardor

Okay, so I have a slight issue with a manager and I am not entirely sure if it's a language barrier or if I am translating it correctly, but I have a manager who always requests fights. I am usually able to accommodate them when the fight is pretty fair or the other manager agrees before I send out the fights. I do not like to put uneven matches together.

This fighter

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=350313

requested to fight one of these fighters.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=354081

or

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=358192

I asked Borris if he would take the fight as I felt it was a bit lopsided, and he said he didn't want another fight until the end of April after his fight tonight.

I didn't ask Rod Stickmann as that is Bob Loblaw and I felt it would be insulting to him, so I asked the manager to contact him directly and ask him if he would accept the challenge.

The manager then told me he would not fight for championship for a long time and doesn't want to fight any contenders in the division, that either give him a fight against one of those two or release me from the org because he will fight nobody else. I'm ready to wash my hands and let him go, no worries there. But when thinking about the past few months of dealing with him, I can say that he tries to manipulate every single match and won't accept any fight that he hasn't requested. So be warned of this manager (you can find out who by clicking the first fighter's link.)

Now, I am going to copy and paste some of the messages he sent me in hopes that perhaps I misunderstand the translation and I have gotten this completely wrong. I do not speak Spanish, so I have to rely on google to translate.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=354081

y este ???

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=355612

vs

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=350729

aqui veo si hiciste la pelea no? por que hay si y conmigo no?

si no sacame contrato por favor y voy a otra organización.

primero mande al que le dije y vera que no dira que no. no peleare por ningun campeonato aun ok asi que si no le gusta le pido saqueme contrato. no peleare con nadie por que tu lo digas tengo 38 años no me manipularas ok, quiteme por favor contrato ok ya le dije quiteme el contrato me voy a otra organizacion es un juego si sacame yaaa no hagas que le muestre esta conversación al gerente del juego, quiero salirme de la organización no es obligado que yo este lee las reglas del juego.

• Upvote 2

Well, that didn't break into sections like it looked like it would.. sorry for the jumbled mess at the bottom.

The only message I didn't past from our conversation was the first one where he asked for a fight with Borris the Blade. I must have already deleted that, but it was simply a request to fight against Borris next.

I gather that one of those messages is asking to have the fight put on that Tanner vs Tragedy card, but I'm unclear as it didn't translate very well.

Each time I tried to explain to him to contact the manager, or let me book him a fight after we get some other fighters freed up from their currently booked fights, but he didn't seem to want to have any of that. Again, he is probably translating just as I am, so he may not clearly understand me either.

So I ask if anyone can translate that and communicate with him for me, please help me figure out what that was all about? I get that he wants a release from the org, and I will grant it, just not tonight. I want to sort this out and make sure we clearly understand each other before I do so. Either way, at this point, I'll just release his fighter. But I don't want there to be bad blood over a communication breakdown, if that's the case.

If it's not the case, I warn any other orgs for taking this guy on. He's been a handful from the start, but we have made it work. But the more he gets, the more he demands, and now we're at this.

• Upvote 1

Something like http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=350313 vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=351878 looks fair to me. I'd probably book that, assuming we're talking about Heyman just directly telling you he's only willing to fight cans I'd drop him if he declines.

As for Borris, you should throw him against other 25 year old creations, he should get eaten alive vs 350k projects.

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand him through all of these translations. One of the guys he wanted to fight stepped up and accepted to fight him despite a disadvantage, even though I strongly suggested against it. So he only has 2 fighters in HFC, and I think after this fight in a 2 weeks he's going to get the can and be done with it.

The primary reason I posted that here was to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding or overreacting as it was late as fuck and I was half asleep (and baked) and more importantly, to warn any other managers against this guy and his habits.

Oh yeah, he threatened to tell Mike on me for not doing what he wanted.. LMAO the dude cracks me up in his ignorance.

So Oscar De La Hoya is a manager to avoid, for future reference guys. I'm sure he'd love to join a newly created org and take a bunch of easy wins, so if you want that.. go for it.

Okay, I look at it like this, over here at JAG, I work with managers. As a manager, it is your job to pick fights to help your fighters career. You want to get the right fights to build your record and build hype. At the beginning of the fighters career, you don't want to overwhelm your fighter. I fully understand this.

I, personally, will work with younger or more inexperienced fighters to get them the closest, fair matches as possible. And, most times I can accommodate. But, what we not goin do is make fluff fights. NO fluff fights here in JAG. It's bad for the org and your name.

So, if I have a manager ask to fight someone clearly weaker, I find him a match myself. And if they DON'T take that fight, they will wait until I get them a fight.

I suggest, work with your managers. It builds relationships. And let it be clear, I'll work with you, but no fluff fights. At this point in their career, 350k vs 358k is definitely a fluff fight.

Something like http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=350313 vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=351878 looks fair to me. I'd probably book that, assuming we're talking about Heyman just directly telling you he's only willing to fight cans I'd drop him if he declines.

As for Borris, you should throw him against other 25 year old creations, he should get eaten alive vs 350k projects.

DUDE, that is hilarious that you suggested that fight because I offered that fight to him. He said it was not fair, and I know it. LMAO I didn't think it was a completely fair fight, but that it was a solid enough fight that I could book it. He rejected it instantly and the asked to fight 2 of my guys who are at no hype and managers are inactive for 10 days.

not sure I followed that story so perhaps this answer means nothing...but as a manager remember the game aint abiout the fighters its about the MANAGER and one of thr primary responsabilities of a manager is to DECLINE fights he thinks his fighter will get his ass kicked in. So dont be afraid to decline and if the org owner wishes to argue ur decision....consider his argument....and if u still feel its a loss. then decine it and he can kiss ur ass if he dont like it. MOST (not all) orgs are trying to make money and sometimes will propose a fight NOT in ur fighters best interest....often they look only at the P4P and hype when they make matchups....so beware and learn what a FAIR matchups looks like at the various levels....and DECLINE anything u feel ur fighter dont have a chance to win SAME as a REAL manager SHOULD be doing in real life yah? I myself have basic standards to accept...if i have the belt i MUST accept....but if I dont have the belt I must see a CHANCE and that means if I was betting I would give my fighter at least a 30% chance to win......I have encountered some managers in this game who actually seem to be PROUD to say they never decline a fight...and my thought on that is....they are fucking morons and if they was MY manager i n real life and set me up with losses I would fire their stupid asses.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Okay, I look at it like this, over here at JAG, I work with managers. As a manager, it is your job to pick fights to help your fighters career. You want to get the right fights to build your record and build hype. At the beginning of the fighters career, you don't want to overwhelm your fighter. I fully understand this.

I, personally, will work with younger or more inexperienced fighters to get them the closest, fair matches as possible. And, most times I can accommodate. But, what we not goin do is make fluff fights. NO fluff fights here in JAG. It's bad for the org and your name.

So, if I have a manager ask to fight someone clearly weaker, I find him a match myself. And if they DON'T take that fight, they will wait until I get them a fight.

I suggest, work with your managers. It builds relationships. And let it be clear, I'll work with you, but no fluff fights. At this point in their career, 350k vs 358k is definitely a fluff fight.

JAG is one of the only orgs I WONT sign with....I helped start that org and when I saw how Nate was using his own fighters as can fights and helping his friends to get easy fights I quit working there....maybe things are different now...but I doubt it...once a scumbag always a scumbag I have learned over the decades.....

• Upvote 3

So the problem here Grumpy is we're talking from this the other side of the coin, as in how this impacts the org owners experience because these are also people playing the game and I'd like to think that experience is pretty important to. Basically what you're suggesting is a push to this pull, org owners are trying to book fair fights and managers are trying to book the best fights so you potentially end up in a position where the owner feels they're not able to make a fair fight because the manager is pulling too hard for a better fight for themselves. It's pretty much why I suggested booking a fair fight and remove him if he declines, the guy shouldn't be hounded for declining if he's not being an ass about it, just remove him and move on because there's clearly a conflict.

You can have opinions and are free to play the game as a manager, just remember that org owners are people and how you play can impact how they feel about you.

not sure I followed that story so perhaps this answer means nothing...but as a manager remember the game aint abiout the fighters its about the MANAGER and one of thr primary responsabilities of a manager is to DECLINE fights he thinks his fighter will get his ass kicked in. So dont be afraid to decline and if the org owner wishes to argue ur decision....consider his argument....and if u still feel its a loss. then decine it and he can kiss ur ass if he dont like it. MOST (not all) orgs are trying to make money and sometimes will propose a fight NOT in ur fighters best interest....often they look only at the P4P and hype when they make matchups....so beware and learn what a FAIR matchups looks like at the various levels....and DECLINE anything u feel ur fighter dont have a chance to win SAME as a REAL manager SHOULD be doing in real life yah? I myself have basic standards to accept...if i have the belt i MUST accept....but if I dont have the belt I must see a CHANCE and that means if I was betting I would give my fighter at least a 30% chance to win......I have encountered some managers in this game who actually seem to be PROUD to say they never decline a fight...and my thought on that is....they are fucking morons and if they was MY manager i n real life and set me up with losses I would fire their stupid asses.

I get this, and I respect this. I have worked with quite a few managers and have always found common ground. This is the first time I have ever had an issue like this. I go out of my way to help fighters get fair fights, and always suggest calling out opponents, etc. But when a manager tries to book a fight he has a huge advantage in, and gives me (as an org owner/match maker) an ultimatum on who I can assign him to fight or he demands a release, well, that just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I get it if the fights were close, even if his guy has the edge. I have several fighters who have won fights when they were underdogs. His fighter has never been an underdog, and he had been requesting very easy, newly created and untrained opponents. The last of which was a former pupil of yours, Grumpy. I just can't justify, by putting myself in the managers shoes, giving managers a shitty fight offer. If fighter a has been training for 8 months and wants to fight fighter b who was created 2 weeks ago, I'm not gonna do it. Wouldn't be of any benefit to the org, and would be a very negative thing to do to the other manager. If the manager is newer and not aware of fair fights, I could be running off a potential new player to the game. If it's a veteran, he'll lose respect for me and the org.

I have had issues with people not accepting fights, and I get that.. we work it out, I find others. But to demand a specific fight or refuse to fight anymore.. especially right after signing a new contract with a new bonus.. well, that's just shitty and that guy will not be a part of the HFC.

• Upvote 1

JAG is one of the only orgs I WONT sign with....I helped start that org and when I saw how Nate was using his own fighters as can fights and helping his friends to get easy fights I quit working there....maybe things are different now...but I doubt it...once a scumbag always a scumbag I have learned over the decades.....

Lol....I see why everyone considers a piece of shit. None of what you said is true. Bring me one other manager that will agree with you.

How the hell did YOU help start my org? You didn't have a fighter in my org until you got one from FA that was already there.

Can fights...lies

Giving friends fights...lies.

Bring proof of these accusations. I mean, the hugest lie is that you helped me start an org. Which may not be a total lie. After dealing with you as a manager in your org, I decided to make an org where people would have better options. As oppose to dealing with your foolishness. You piece of shit.

• Upvote 6

You so full of shit, I bet your tongue is brown. All of that bullshit you just type, goes against everything you did when you ran your org. Remember what you told me when I declined a fight. You were trying to use my fighters to fluff other guys records. Of course, being new to the game...I didn't know this at the time. Remember? You called me a pussy and kicked me from your org? After declining one fight. AND telling you what an asshole you were. You probably don't remember, considering you did that to so many people. Grumpy Bastard. Should Bitch Ass Grumpy.

• Upvote 6

Muahahahahaha 'memba Petersomethingsomething Fight Club you ran? Cause I 'memba!

You got your crusty panties in a bunch when I declined a fight for Jodson when you tried to set him up to defend his title vs some trash can on a losing streak. Go fuck yourself, you hypocritical, incompetent, hillbilly cow fucker.

• Upvote 3