Fighte Slots change to Fighters & Staff Slots?

MMATycoon

What about a yes to fighters becoming lawyers, maybe you could then sue Mike Tycoon in the game instead of the real world??

digging up an old skeleton, there is no need

digging up an old skeleton, there is no need

It is hilarious though.

I think there should be a couple of different functions for cornermen. Technicians could give temporary boosts to certain secondaries\stats, strategists could give temporary boosts to intelligence\experience, and motivators should give boosts to heart and confidence.

You should be able to pick one of the functions for the cornerman before the fight happens, and ability in each "style" would depend on stats and hiddens. For this to work well there might be a need for allowing stats\hiddens to temporarily spike above 150 though which might be impossible.

I'm not sure why I always feel the need to say this but....

any advantage should be minimal.

Maybe a cornerman can add a little more cut resistence, add a little to intelligence/experience. But lets not let it get to the point where you need these "extras" to win.

The thoughts of "twinked out" fighters is what I am seeing now, and would really like to avoid that seemingly inevitable path.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Maybe a cornerman can add a little more cut resistence, add a little to intelligence/experience. But lets not let it get to the point where you need these "extras" to win.

The thoughts of "twinked out" fighters is what I am seeing now, and would really like to avoid that seemingly inevitable path.

Agreed. The advantage should be negligible, and mostly exist for fun and flavor.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

Pretty high up! It justifies adding some extra slots, so that means extra cash for me, so really I want to get it done as soon as I can :)

I think maybe just opening it up for cornermen first, then maybe try and do something else (like doctors), then come back to it and do other types like the coaches for seminars.

• Upvote 5

Pretty high up! It justifies adding some extra slots, so that means extra cash for me, so really I want to get it done as soon as I can :)

I think maybe just opening it up for cornermen first, then maybe try and do something else (like doctors), then come back to it and do other types like the coaches for seminars.

Sounds good to me :)

My thoughts exactly

i dont like the idea of a boost in hiddens, could ruin the game and make everyone equal/ just more about primary/secondaries/physis.

i like the coach idea. I think could have a coach do private sessions for there own managers fighters, and also be hired by other managers to do private sessions. Possibly add a new hidden that is a coaching value upon retirement for those who are older, and for new creation from now on add that hidden.

I agree they should me minimal, but still it would be nice to have an option to keep fighters around once they're past it.

I think that once it comes in there should also be an option to hire a cornerman so you are not at too much of a disadvantage if you don't want to retire any of your guys.

My thoughts would be something like giving you a 2 or 3% boost to your boxing skills if you're cornerman was a very good Boxer, the same with the other disciplines.

There's also the option of perhaps a cornerman having a negative effect? Perhaps he has really low intelligence and starts calling out stupid combos or something like that.

Perhaps level of experience could play a part. Maybe that could be the difference to hiring a cornerman and using one of your own, hired cornermen have no experience and perhaps give slightly less of a boost where as a retired fighter with 20+ fights might give you slightly better advice.

Really it can be as complicated or as simple as you like but in my opinion the cornermen don't make a huge difference to most fighters in real life, half the time the fighters admit they can't even hear their corner, so I think it should be kept pretty simple with minimal boosts. Really I just want somewhere to retire my guys to lol. I get far too attached.