Rei

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Accept or Reject the proposed avatar?

• Accepted
    • Rejected
  2. 2. Is Mike's rejection Fair or Unfair? (Given the examples provided)

• Fair
    • Unfair

Thats a shame man, you make some great work. I can imagine how frustrating it is to put some actual work into a game, only for the standards to waver.

Anyone else see this monstrosity that passed through awhile back? Gave me a good laugh.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15859580668529.png

Yeah I was going to jerk off when I saw that. Made my dick go limp, like Lawler limp. He is out. Oh no.

I lost my fap.

It can be whatever Mike feels, because its a subjective criteria.

xrMAOlr.png

Bear in mind that this is just a single example lads, I'm not being a crybaby over one avatar getting rejected lol. It becomes a problem when there's tons of examples of hypocrisy because Mike disregards the rules he himself established. I have on occasion submitted the same avatar twice, without changing anything about it and had the piece accepted on the second attempt - more than once.

Like I said, changed the mouth, nose and eyes and smoothed the skin. Only thing I can see is maybe making the eyes more obvious? We cant know, because it makes no fucking sense.

The same batch he refused yours, he accepted this:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15871435753254.gif

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15863852517498.gif
efe7da66579d8180fb1516d577843b1a.jpg

I also changed the lips, dunno if you can see the details because 160 pixels

And dont tell me its because its a "side angled avatar" because this just got approved:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15861345865346.gif

• Upvote 1

It can be whatever Mike feels, because its a subjective criteria.

xrMAOlr.png

Bear in mind that this is just a single example lads, I'm not being a crybaby over one avatar getting rejected lol. It becomes a problem when there's tons of examples of hypocrisy because Mike disregards the rules he himself established. I have on occasion submitted the same avatar twice, without changing anything about it and had the piece accepted on the second attempt - more than once.

These should be sent in with reference pictures, you actually just made a killer 10/10 avatar, I wouldn't change anything now. The eye's are really stealth in there tho, I can't blame Mike for not picking that up and I didn't see it until I had the real photo to compare.

• Upvote 3

These should be sent in with reference pictures, you actually just made a killer 10/10 avatar, I wouldn't change anything now. The eye's are really stealth in there tho, I can't blame Mike for not picking that up and I didn't see it until I had the real photo to compare.

I sent the comparison picture to him the last time and he didn't reply. I appreciate the compliments though, it's honestly among my favourite ones I've made

I sent the comparison picture to him the last time and he didn't reply. I appreciate the compliments though, it's honestly among my favourite ones I've made

I also sent the native indigenous avatar comparison, got no response.

Don't expect one.

It really is a nice avatar, as I said, MAYBE the eyes, but I wouldnt change a thing, its really well done.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Custom_Avatars

This is supposed to be the guidelines. It's clearly dated but his example for too human is pretty surprising, turns out every every good avatar in the game needs to be redone and all the shit ones are perfect.

What seems to have happened is over the years people have gotten far better at incorporating his base elements into pictures and they get approved when you're supposed to work with a base image from the site and build it backwards somehow. I'd wager this was to avoid hosting a picture of someone's likeness.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Custom_Avatars

This is supposed to be the guidelines. It's clearly dated but his example for too human is pretty surprising, turns out every every good avatar in the game needs to be redone and all the shit ones are perfect.

What seems to have happened is over the years people have gotten far better at incorporating his base elements into pictures and they get approved when you're supposed to work with a base image from the site and build it backwards somehow. I'd wager this was to avoid hosting a picture of someone's likeness.

Cause they have to look like this

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15872462848752.png

"Nearly good enough but too jagged edges on image cutting - use anti alias."

I will say the same thing every time... If it just looks like it's a photo of a guy, it's not going to be accepted. It is not about whether it looks good or bad.... If you're taking an avatar and a photo of a guy and trying to make the bits from the avatar look as human as possible, then it just looks like a photo and will get rejected. It has to look like it has a substantial amount of avatar, clearly as an avatar. If it looks relatively shit and avatary, it's got a chance of getting accepted. If it looks good but doesn't look like it has any avatar in it, it won't.

A lot of people manage to do really good jobs with avatars. Just use an avatar face... Stop trying to cut out eyes separately, nose separately, mouth separately and trying to cut them in to make them look real... It's not supposed to look real.

All these for example have full avatar face on a photo background. This is what will get you accepted without hesitation.

15857831671382.jpg15855423508974.jpg15841642293760.png15832052359938.jpg

It's not hard to just do that... If you're complaining about getting rejected, you aren't following that guideline. If you're waiting for ages for it to be accepted, you aren't following that guideline. Ones that are waiting for ages are borderline one way or another. Don't try and get away with the minimum amount of avatar possible and hope that you "catch me on a good day, not being consistent" or however you want to look at it.

I don't want to reject any avatars.... It's a waste of my time and yours but as an example, I've got Barney literally telling me in PMs that he is colour blind, getting agro when I reject his avatar with a green nose, then submitting pictures of poo etc with the only purpose being to waste my time having to reject them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I dunno how many times I need to say the same thing... If it just looks like it's a photo of a guy, it's not going to be accepted. It is not about whether it looks good or bad.... If you're taking an avatar and a photo of a guy and trying to make the bits from the avatar look as human as possible, then it just looks like a photo and will get rejected. It has to look like it has a substantial amount of avatar, clearly as an avatar. If it looks relatively shit and avatary, it's got a chance of getting accepted. If it looks good but doesn't look like it has any avatar in it, it won't.

A lot of people manage to do really good jobs with avatars. Just use an avatar face... Stop trying to cut out eyes separately, nose separately, mouth separately and trying to cut them in to make them look real... It's not supposed to look real.

All these for example have full avatar face on a photo background. This is what will get you accepted without hesitation.

15857831671382.jpg15855423508974.jpg15841642293760.png15832052359938.jpg

It's not hard to just do that... If you're complaining about getting rejected, you aren't following that guideline. If you're waiting for ages for it to be accepted, you aren't following that guideline. Ones that are waiting for ages are borderline one way or another. Don't try and get away with the minimum amount of avatar possible and hope that you "catch me on a good day, not being consistent" or however you want to look at it.

I don't want to reject any avatars.... It's a waste of my time and yours but as an example, I've got Barney literally telling me in PMs that he is colour blind, getting agro when I reject his avatar with a green nose, then submitting pictures of poo etc with the only purpose being to waste my time having to reject them.

I think you're missing the point of this discussion. People aren't arguing the "requirements" of how an avatar should look. What upsets everyone is your inconsistency w/ what you accept and what you reject. If you disagree, I can find plenty of examples with avatars done a certain style/look that got rejected, and then done in the exact same manner that got accepted.

• Upvote 2

I think you're missing the point of this discussion. People aren't arguing the "requirements" of how an avatar should look. What upsets everyone is your inconsistency w/ what you accept and what you reject. If you disagree, I can find plenty of examples with avatars done a certain style/look that got rejected, and then done in the exact same manner that got accepted.

Again, that's saying "I want my borderline one accepted, because another borderline one got accepted". Obviously I think the ones that got accepted look more like avatars than the ones that didn't get accepted. If would much rather none of them were borderline.... I would ideally like to reject a lot more than I do now but I try and be generous.

You could say that accepting anything I would rather not accept is just making the waters muddy in terms of what is and isn't acceptable, but the line has to be somewhere. If I think it obviously has some avatar in it, then I will try and be generous and pass it... I'm also more generous with asian avatars because we don't have any of those.

Again though, this comes down to people saying "I want to do what I want to do and you should accept it", rather than actually just doing what I've said a million times, which is use a whole avatar face. Point is, it's really not hard at all to get an avatar accepted. The only reasons to get rejected are if your photoshop skills are terrible, or you are trying to make it look too real.

There are 15 pending avatars now. I know they have all been worked on in some way but I could not tell you which avatar face any of them have used. 8 of them just look like pictures of people. A few of them just look like someone has drawn on a photo of a real person, or taken *x generic cartoony image* and pasted some of it on top. I would like to reject all of them TBH but I know if I do, I'll get complained at for it.

• Downvote 1

Again, that's saying "I want my borderline one accepted, because another borderline one got accepted". Obviously I think the ones that got accepted look more like avatars than the ones that didn't get accepted. If would much rather none of them were borderline.... I would ideally like to reject a lot more than I do now but I try and be generous.

You could say that accepting anything I would rather not accept is just making the waters muddy in terms of what is and isn't acceptable, but the line has to be somewhere. If I think it obviously has some avatar in it, then I will try and be generous and pass it... I'm also more generous with asian avatars because we don't have any of those.

Again though, this comes down to people saying "I want to do what I want to do and you should accept it", rather than actually just doing what I've said a million times, which is use a whole avatar face. Point is, it's really not hard at all to get an avatar accepted. The only reasons to get rejected are if your photoshop skills are terrible, or you are trying to make it look too real.

I agree that it's easy to follow the guidelines to make a 100% passable avatar. If you want to end this debate, start rejecting ALL borderline avatars. People will stop messaging you with arguments that "this" avatar got accepted while mine didn't. This shouldn't be about trying to be generous; it's about following guidelines.

Start rejecting avatars like these(that don't have a full face transfer) and these complaints will go away:

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15868838309243.pnghttp://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15868047205001.pnghttp://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15868047322958.pnghttp://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15866583174509.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15867030914655.jpg

P.S. this isn't a stab at any of the managers who made these, these are just examples of avatars that got accepted without following guidelines.

Also, don't accept avatars because you find them funny(like the following). Shit's just a joke:

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15859580668529.png

• Upvote 1

There are hundreds of Khabib avatar that WERENT EVEN PHOTOSHOPPED accepted.

THats not borderline.

If you cant understand THAT is the reason of me going aggro, or the fact that I went aggro because you started with passive aggressive shit like "Yeah, I think the frostbite nose is a no" and "Your avatar is shit, go hit the forums", then all the bullshit coming to is well deserved. As a PAYING CUSTOMER not needing to deal with this shit, I tried telling you firsthand I had HEALTH ISSUES that made photoshoping a little harder and I just could use more insightful cues, and you KEPT sending bullshit answers.

• Upvote 1