27 replies to this topic

#1 FinalBell

FinalBell

White Belt

• Manager
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:49 AM

Not looking to spam guys so don't watch if you don't want to

I happen to think this is quite an interesting point of discussion, how many 36 year olds can make a fresh run at the belt? Especially at Lightweight

What should Tony Ferguson do next career wise?

What will the UFC likely do with him?

https://youtu.be/vB6O2Ah1FFk

#2 OptimalMMAPicks

OptimalMMAPicks

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:08 AM

Tony took a hell of a lot of damage in that fight, he's gonna need at least 6 months off for sure. Maybe return at the end of the year.

I'd like to see him take on Poirier for a #1 contender spot after Gaethje/Khabib is done.

McGregor can have the triology with Diaz and work it out from there, he's not earned shit with his inactivity.

What are your thoughts?

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,646 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:14 AM

Hopefully Tony goes home and enjoys time off. He will fuck up Dustin imo.

I think Tony's as game as they come. He ain't a young man though so I hope we see him vs Gaethje again one day under different circumstances.

The only reason I would root against Gaejthe is because his manager is snitch rat Ali.

#4 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:35 AM

Im betting that once Conor accepts he is not getting a title shot he will try and get a fight with Tony. Conors management are very good at picking the most beneficial fight at the right time and they will have smelled blood in the water. Tony being Tony will probably bite and come back too early

vjTJrni.png     FpkD9O4.png2Mf5YIJ.png

PEyhJ6u.png

https://www.mmatycoo...ic.php?cid=5571

#5 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:36 AM

The best fight for Tony imo would be Do Bronx. 

vjTJrni.png     FpkD9O4.png2Mf5YIJ.png

PEyhJ6u.png

https://www.mmatycoo...ic.php?cid=5571

#6 barney

barney

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,634 posts
  • Interests:Sports physician. Guitar player. Super Troll. Major asshole.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

Tony vs Do Bronx would be SICK.

Conor vs Street Jesus Masvidal, fuck the Diaz fight.

GwuCpff.jpg 

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,646 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:32 PM

Conor vs Diaz

then Conor vs Masdival

would be awesome.

#8 damndaniel

damndaniel

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:30 PM

Depends on what happens this summer. Possibly Dustin, Khabib (If Khabib loses to Justin), Conor, or even Dan Hooker. Anyone in the top 10 could be an option.

#9 PBR

PBR

Red Belt

• 12,194 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:52 PM

tony is fine and will be fine -- personally i think he got into his own head -- doing two weight cuts and he has beaten everyone in the class but justin -- justin came in with a gameplan and stuck to it no one thought that would ever happen or that justin would have the cardio deep into the fight

1410590406devilsrejects1.jpg

"I am the devil... and I am here to do the Devil's work."

Bomb Squad knocked into retirement by Biggums

#10 DiamondDog

DiamondDog

White Belt

• Manager
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

I was thinking Ferguson would fight Poirier next, but idk why I have a feeling he won't be matched up against someone in the top 5 next. Charles Oliveira would be a fun match.

#11 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:36 PM

Tony deserves a Title shot and #1 Contender Status regardless of who he fights I think.

Oliveira/Poirier/Hooker are all good fights.
Fedor will always be the Greatest P4P fighter to ever live.
AGNhg.gif

ZzH6Vq7.gif

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,646 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:28 AM

Khabib vs Charles would be interesting because of Da Bronx bjj pedigree. Charles would light him up standing but not sure if there would be enough on it to stop him.

Hooker would be awesome for the first 20 seconds til he got taken down and Kebob'd. No thanks to DP. Literally one of the lowest ranked rematches I want to see Khabib in. Nothing personal, just more interested in him vs others.

#13 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:12 AM

I like Oliveria but doesn’t have the heart to beat a top 5 Lightweight. If things don’t go his way early he will fold.
Fedor will always be the Greatest P4P fighter to ever live.
AGNhg.gif

ZzH6Vq7.gif

#14 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 10,147 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

Home with his family.
Take some time off and then get back into title contention soon.

#15 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

Tony is going to need at least a year off to take care of that broken orbital, his damaged morale and his mental health.

Ferguson vs McGregor would be a good fight when they both return.

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#16 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,646 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:21 PM

Tony is going to need at least a year off to take care of that broken orbital, his damaged morale and his mental health.

Ferguson vs McGregor would be a good fight when they both return.

Not a good match for CMac unless Tony wants to strike and go for upper thigh punches.

#17 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,185 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:45 AM

I think Conor should probably fight Masvidal next, as for Tony, it all depends how early he can come back. Poirier in a top contender fight would be great. It gives lots of options. Poirier vs Tony/Gaejthe rematch are great (if Gaejthe wins his fight). If Tony wins, then you have the options with Gaejthe/Khabib. The only one i am not really interested in, is Poirier vs Khabib, we saw that and it was not interesting. But if Conor does his fight and wins, then we can have Khabib vs Conor.

#18 damndaniel

damndaniel

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:01 AM

I think Conor should probably fight Masvidal next, as for Tony, it all depends how early he can come back. Poirier in a top contender fight would be great. It gives lots of options. Poirier vs Tony/Gaejthe rematch are great (if Gaejthe wins his fight). If Tony wins, then you have the options with Gaejthe/Khabib. The only one i am not really interested in, is Poirier vs Khabib, we saw that and it was not interesting. But if Conor does his fight and wins, then we can have Khabib vs Conor.

This. Conor vs Jorge at 170lbs. Extremely interesting fight. 

#19 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,646 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:48 AM

I think Conors odds vs Jorge are a lot better then people give him. Not sure if Jorge weathers a beating like Diaz (from a cardio perspective), but if he did and maintained cardio, he'd pull a Masdival vs Till 2.0 lol

Could totally see Conor busting up Jorge's knees or legs early and being quicker to the punch... could also see him getting clocked one really good one and fighting like a bitch after.

Roll of the dice.

#20 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 10,147 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:45 AM

I think Conors odds vs Jorge are a lot better then people give him. Not sure if Jorge weathers a beating like Diaz (from a cardio perspective), but if he did and maintained cardio, he'd pull a Masdival vs Till 2.0 lol

Could totally see Conor busting up Jorge's knees or legs early and being quicker to the punch... could also see him getting clocked one really good one and fighting like a bitch after.

Roll of the dice.

Masvidal is too big in my opinion for McGregor. He is big, also for his division.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users