Slider Fu where are you?

SteelPenn

Sliders are very difficult initially as they are significantly different at the top tier than it is with projects than it is with middle of the road fighters. Also, weight class makes a difference in how I adjust mine.

Have enough fights and experiment. Giving the answers is something I'm not a fan of really because it's such a small community that if top members share their builds and slidders then everyone will be the same and there is no journey or sense of accomplishment for those that copy these builds/slidders.

I just made things up as I went along. You should have seen my initial builds, total trash.

I can't agree with this more on sliders being different at different levels of skills of fighters. Sliders on beginning fighters are so different then a top 100 fighter it's not funny. You can do things with new fighters that would never ever work on a top fighter ever.

Also agree with weight class, for the most part I separate SHW, HW, LHW into one class and the rest into another for a general idea. However you could throw the 185# into the heavier weight class to some degree. Those 2 general categories will have slightly to dramatically different approaches to sliders in general.

• Upvote 1

I think that many can attest to the fact that setting high aggression does not win you fights. I can guarantee many of my opponents set high aggro and walk away with an L. That is a legitimate strategy depending on who your opponent is, but it is also very bad depending on who your opponent is.

I think you mistake what I am saying boss. I wasn't saying that high aggression was an auto-win setting. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong obviously by using those sliders. You use settings that mesh really well with the fighters/hiddens that you have. If your opponents have "inferior hiddens" (i dunno if they do or not cause I don't read your fights) & are trying to beat you at your own game by going really aggressive? It only makes sense to me that they're going to lose. If your on 85 aggression 60 acc and I'm on 85 agg 60 acc & your fighter has a 140 KO power hidden and mine has a 100 KO power hidden? Well pretty much if I'm even I'm losing, unless I mix in counter TD's or am able to rape you in clinch to off-set those energy levels.....your guys shots are doing more damage then my guys shots and the longer the fight goes the more I'm going to fall behind.

So you are right, just going aggression does not mean anything. What I am saying is, there are a lot of top managers right now that are using a very aggressive strategy. People see what you guys are doing and try to replicate it because you're having success with those settings. They may or may not find success. And I am sure when they don't find success, they really have no idea on the reasons why. They're just trying to copy what they see working for other guys.

So that's what I was really getting at, whether you are sharing advice or telling guys how to set sliders or not. There is always a lot of copy cat going on in this game.

I agree on the FA's, while many maybe high skilled or have decent hiddens many are complete crap as far as builds and wasted points.

On a side note: I'm to lazy to really care enough about hiddens, I keep guys that I shouldn't cause I don't feel like starting over, lol. If you go thru many of my fighters, I rarely have guys with really good chins as a matter of fact I think I have made a total of 2 granites my entire time here and I always pick chin at creation. I'm just unlucky in the chin department for some reason and rarely pick confidence but seem to get that a lot, lol.

The point of this above post is: While I don't feel I have gotten really really great hidden guys on average but I can take many of them to top 100 or 50 P4P without much trouble. However the lack of really good hiddens is the reason I can't keep guys in the top 10 P4P for very long and yet to get a guy better then top 4 I think. I think with build and learning speed and reasonable sliders and scouting, about any average hidden fighter can make the top 50 if not dabble close to top 10, just not able to stay there.

I think shortfuse falls into this catagory also, he has taken most of all his guys to top 100 without great hiddens for the ones that don't have them. So it's not that hard and many others have done the same thing.

I constantly bugged JLP for the first 2 months or so of our mentorship as I didn't get one until 4 months into playing, probably drove him semi crazy. However I did listen and learned from him, so I don't think it bothered him that much.

Things to keep in mind on mentorships:

1. Learn and don't ask the same questions all the time

2. Don't ask for gym spots

3. Don't ask for cash

4. Don't ask for VIP

5. Take notes as the info can be overwhelming at times (goes with #1)

6. learn the basics: fighter builds, training, hiddens, ToTT and scouting, sliders

7. Ask questions, don't rely on the mentor to come to you with suggestions.

Most of the time a mentor will/can give you any of the 2 thru 4, but don't ask for it or expect that they should just give it to ya and if they do once don't expect them to do it again.

This has driven many of the good mentors out of the mentoring process, IMO.

All of the above is just my Opinion and doesn't make it right or true as there is many ways to play the game and do it well and it doesn't have to be my way.

Duphus, Everytime you speak,.I learn something. thank you for giving a sh!t. I really appreciate it

I agree on the FA's, while many maybe high skilled or have decent hiddens many are complete crap as far as builds and wasted points.

On a side note: I'm to lazy to really care enough about hiddens, I keep guys that I shouldn't cause I don't feel like starting over, lol. If you go thru many of my fighters, I rarely have guys with really good chins as a matter of fact I think I have made a total of 2 granites my entire time here and I always pick chin at creation. I'm just unlucky in the chin department for some reason and rarely pick confidence but seem to get that a lot, lol.

The point of this above post is: While I don't feel I have gotten really really great hidden guys on average but I can take many of them to top 100 or 50 P4P without much trouble. However the lack of really good hiddens is the reason I can't keep guys in the top 10 P4P for very long and yet to get a guy better then top 4 I think. I think with build and learning speed and reasonable sliders and scouting, about any average hidden fighter can make the top 50 if not dabble close to top 10, just not able to stay there.

I think shortfuse falls into this catagory also, he has taken most of all his guys to top 100 without great hiddens for the ones that don't have them. So it's not that hard and many others have done the same thing.

I constantly bugged JLP for the first 2 months or so of our mentorship as I didn't get one until 4 months into playing, probably drove him semi crazy. However I did listen and learned from him, so I don't think it bothered him that much.

Things to keep in mind on mentorships:

1. Learn and don't ask the same questions all the time

2. Don't ask for gym spots

3. Don't ask for cash

4. Don't ask for VIP

5. Take notes as the info can be overwhelming at times (goes with #1)

6. learn the basics: fighter builds, training, hiddens, ToTT and scouting, sliders

7. Ask questions, don't rely on the mentor to come to you with suggestions.

Most of the time a mentor will/can give you any of the 2 thru 4, but don't ask for it or expect that they should just give it to ya and if they do once don't expect them to do it again.

This has driven many of the good mentors out of the mentoring process, IMO.

All of the above is just my Opinion and doesn't make it right or true as there is many ways to play the game and do it well and it doesn't have to be my way.

Yeah I totally fit in here. It actually quite annoys me at times. I have 5 granite chins on my roster, 1 has shit heart and gets KO'd a lot (even though he doesn't fight in a gassing weight class), 2 of them have 0 confidence & the other 2 have very average KO power.

It's very hard to give up on guys though because out of all the fighters I have built and kept, I think only 2 of them haven't cracked the top 100 p4p. And Temel was kinda close 127.

Tycoon is telling me it's time to move on from guys though because 85% of my "top guys" haven't learned for almost a tycoon year, so they'll be on the decline very shortly I assume. I will hold on to the best ones for a longer period as I slowly start trimming and adding new. Here's to better luck on hiddens this time lol

I agree with the above posters, don't feel like wasting time or fights to show what my project fighters have hidden wise.

The opposite side of that coin is you don't test to see what his Hiddens are, spend a considerable amount of time training him up only to find he is a dud because he has no heart, no chin or is a bleeder (just to name a few). Wouldn't u rather know before investing that time and effort on him?

Not to mention that all that testing, allows everyone else to see the hiddens also. Personally I would rather it that no one knows, including me, lmao

Duphus spoke the truth above, i personally have never mentored anyone due to the fact the only time i did put myself up for mentorship the guy i got asked for VIP 8 times in one day, actually come to think about it that is all he asked for was VIP. It was really off putting and made it a lot easier just to stick to chat talking sliders/orgs with new members instead of actually going through the Mentor system.

Whenever i first started talking to Shortfuse, we spent hours going over sliders in chat, which ones worked, which ones didn't, how the ground game works, clinch game etc. Within one day i learned more about the game than i think i learned overall for the first 6 months i spent playing the game.

Scouting fights though is an art form and it really does take a lot of judging to see different tells. It is quite possibly the most complex part about the game.

• Upvote 1

The opposite side of that coin is you don't test to see what his Hiddens are, spend a considerable amount of time training him up only to find he is a dud because he has no heart, no chin or is a bleeder (just to name a few). Wouldn't u rather know before investing that time and effort on him?

It seems rare to me that it happens though. I tested guys starting out and never saw anything like that. If so, he can always be a sparring dummy

My mentor was Mannetosen and he was brilliant. Explained how shit worked and why, never gave me a number - just said he felt something might be too high or low because of 'x', and so forth. For quite a while he taught me to fish, but now my bait is old and flavourless and I can't catch a cold :( I am glad he left before my decline.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And all of this misses the main point:

The top 200 or so managers are there due to a good combination of:

a) good fighters (hiddens)

B) good training/builds

c) good tactics/sliders

d) and this only counts if a, b and c are there -luck. No one wins ALL the time!

And all of this misses the main point:

The top 200 or so managers are there due to a good combination of:

a) good fighters (hiddens)

B) good training/builds

c) good tactics/sliders

d) and this only counts if a, b and c are there -luck. No one wins ALL the time!

hmmm. What about Zrad? He wins all the time.