• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Kingbagman

Kingbagman

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

Lebron acually left the cavs in good shape. Colin sexton could be a good player right away and they do have young pieces like clarkson, nance jr, osman and zizic. If they run a pick and roll system like they did in minnosota featuring love they could be a playoff team. They can even trade love for a future first.

#122 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,379 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

Leonard traded for DeRosan, i bet Leonard will be out within a year. 

#123 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Leonard traded for DeRosan, i bet Leonard will be out within a year. 

I understand trading for the guy and thinking maybe they can change his mind the way okc did with PG but under no circumstances should they have traded DeRozan. The Spurs pulled off a robbery imo. They got way more than I thought they were gonna get.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

untitled-19mnryf.gifgiphy.gif

PFL 6 Champion

2017 Camp League Runner-up

#124 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,379 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

Some are saying that Toronto robbed the Spurs, but i do not see it totally that way. I think the trade was fair on both sides, clearly Leonard is the better player, but he is on a one year deal and apparently wants to join Lakers. Many compare this to OKC, but is it? OKC had the MVP when George joined, what does Toronto have? I highly doubt they will convince him to stay in Toronto. The Spurs got a legit all star in DeRosan, i see a problem with him being a mid range scorer (like Aldridge), so they will have spacing issues almost certainly. Frankly i think the Spurs were better offer agreeing with the Lakers, how i understand, they were willing to offer 2 of Kuzma, Ingram + Ball, plus the 2018 or 2019 first rounder. That is a pretty good deal i feel. Either way, they did what they did, time will tell if it was the right move.

#125 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

Some are saying that Toronto robbed the Spurs, but i do not see it totally that way. I think the trade was fair on both sides, clearly Leonard is the better player, but he is on a one year deal and apparently wants to join Lakers. Many compare this to OKC, but is it? OKC had the MVP when George joined, what does Toronto have? I highly doubt they will convince him to stay in Toronto. The Spurs got a legit all star in DeRosan, i see a problem with him being a mid range scorer (like Aldridge), so they will have spacing issues almost certainly. Frankly i think the Spurs were better offer agreeing with the Lakers, how i understand, they were willing to offer 2 of Kuzma, Ingram + Ball, plus the 2018 or 2019 first rounder. That is a pretty good deal i feel. Either way, they did what they did, time will tell if it was the right move.

The spurs got off great imo. The spacing will be an issue but if they can help DeRozan with his 3pt shot and I'm sure they could it would solve a lot of issues. And I would rather take a star caliber player like DeRozan instead of what the Lakers were offering. I'm guessing with Pop nearing retirement they want to compete and getting DeRozan helps them compete where as Kuzma, Ingram/Ball and a pick doesn't really help them much. They still need more but this goes a long way to filling that hole Kawhi left.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

untitled-19mnryf.gifgiphy.gif

PFL 6 Champion

2017 Camp League Runner-up

#126 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,379 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Short term i agree for sure, Derozan is not such a bad option, especially if he can improve the 3pt. He got a bit better last year actually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users