YB Sol Invitational CFC

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1415893171image.jpg

$10,000,000 YB Sol Invitational

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1596560052SYN-min.png

Friday 7th August 2020

LA Memorial Colossuseum, Los Angeles

Live on PPV

The call went out. $10,000,000 to crown a heavyweight king. The response was telling with many of the so called best choosing to cower in the shadows. But, with the absence of those fighters, it gave opportunity to many who would have never likely have gotten a second look otherwise and now we get to see if there exists a dark horse in the tycoonsphere who is ready, willing and able to take his place upon the throne or whether the best that did apply are considered so for a reason.

First Round

Jack Blood

Australian heavyweight Jack “The Grinder” Blood makes his way over from the 330k JAG organisation where he has been their former heavyweight champion. It is unknown at this time whether Blood is actually repping Jag officially or whether he has actually made the jump into the big leagues of Open ID Syn. If it is the latter, then is he certainly very brave indeed as Blood is currently much more of a submission style fighter with his striking likely to be some way behind most of the others in the field. Still, this hasn’t really managed to hold him back at 330k with his 15-3-1 record evidence of that.

Overall, Blood isn’t likely to be considered amongst the very top prospects of the tournament which might actually work in his favour if people are going to be overlooking him. He is managed by a top manager in former #1 Scotty JC and that has to be taken into consideration. His first round match up against Conor The Barbarian is an extremely difficult one with Blood being slightly outmatched in the stand up and also factoring in The Barbarian’s perfect record of mostly first round KO’s. If he can get the fight to the floor then things would look much more promising as, in truth, that would be pretty much his only way of victory. Knocking out The Barbarian just isn’t on the cards though if that were to happen, Jack Blood would instantly become a MMAT heavyweight name.

A lot to gain for Blood here but the odds are against him

Conor The Barbarians

Quite likely the most well known fighter in the tournament aside from Kimbo is 340k star Conor The Barbarian. With a record of 18-2, The Barbarian has already acquired his fair share of gold as a multi-org champion and technically has never really lost them any of them with all of his previous homes having gone into liquidation or neglect. Of the two losses on his record, one has already been brutally avenged whilst the other, interestingly enough, was to Kilo Maluga who will be eyeing the same prize as The Barbarian in this tournament from the other side of the bracket. What an incredible story it would be to see these two warriors meet there. We managed to get a few words with his manager Mac Little about his fighters chances of victory overall and he wasn’t giving much away.

“To be honest I barely checked the opposition. But I assume there will be maxed out guys all around. My guy isn't there yet being 340K, but still I kind of just feel good about him. He definitely got a chance”

Whether or not Little is telling the truth as to his scouting efforts we can’t be sure but we would definitely agree that The Barbarian has a strong chance in this tournament despite having been around for a less time than most of the other fighters. We got a little more specific with Little and asked him about his first round opponent Jack Blood and he was equally nonchalant in his reply

“Same thing, barely looked at him yet. Didn't have that much time for the game lately. I know I should have scouted him already and be training properly for the matchup. Guess I'm slipping and getting lazy”

This could just be a ploy of course to throw his opponents off but definitely interesting if there is an element of honesty to it. The Barbarian is currently ranked #3 in his weight class and #41 overall. At 25 years old there is still masses of potential there and the last thing such a fighter needs is an unmotivated manager. We finally asked Little who he thought was a potential winner for the tournament and there he could not contain his confidence any longer

“As said before barely looked at them. But I will eventually. My guy IS the most dangerous because he will get crazy lucky and just win even when I forget to set trainings or sliders. Thats the secret of making it to #1 kids, no opponent can predict what you don't know yourself”

A great reply and somewhat of a “shots fired across the bow”. Little is the number one manager in the game currently and with that you have to consider any fighter of his to be a legit contender. Can he make up for the potential gap in training time is a question that will be asked of all the younger fighters in this tournament. The difference maker however could be Mac Little himself.

Prediction: The Barbarian by Round 2 KO

*Interview was taken before Kimbo finally signed

*Fight due to take place at Syn Tokyo on 14th August 2020

Kvame Zulu

Representing the Tokyo based Inferno brand is Botswana fighter Kvame “Brahma” Zulu who enters this tournament after recently falling short of his fourth attempted title defence. Possibly not the greatest confidence boost going into such a big tournament but for a fighter such as Zulu, you just know that he is going to come in all the more hungry for it. He is a former Empyrean heavyweight champion as well as a member of their hall of fame. Before that, a champion over at the now defunct DARE organisation. Suffice to say, Zulu is no stranger to the top levels of the game.

Zulu is managed by talented former number one manager Bwang Jong Sr (current #7) and will be entering the fray as many peoples pick of the bunch, this writer included. The fact that Zulu brings with him an elite stand up and game, top level wrestling skills and is in the absolute prime of his fighting career means, at least in my opinion, that Zulu is well equipped to deal with any potential opponents here. His first round match up against a significantly younger and less experienced Ted Bundy should be a fairly straightforward one so long as the fight remains on it’s feet but he will have to be wary of the big three-hundred pounders dangerous ground game.

Overall, Kvame Zulu will be one to watch over the coming weeks of the tournament

Ted Bundy

American grappler Ted Bundy is one of SYN’s most exciting new acquisitions after a whirlwind run of championship bouts at both Panda Fights and Canadian Fighting Championships. A true super-heavyweight at 300lbs, Bundy is undefeated in five fights now and seems to be adding a slick submission game to his already dangerous ground and pound abilities making him an even bigger force on the ground than he already was.

Going forward, it is unclear as to whether Bundy will need to drop some weight to be able to make the 265lbs limit but for the moment, his bout against Kvame Zulu will be at Super-Heavyweight.

Speaking of which, it’s clear that Bundy has drawn something of the short straw for his first round opponent as Zulu is far more experienced both in the cage and in the gym. He also possesses some extremely coveted attributes of which are going to make Bundy’s job here all the more difficult. It’s not a completely lost cause however as Bundy’s ground game seems to be an extremely dangerous one, it’s just whether he will get a chance to apply it during the fight. If he does, he will certainly have to make it count. Anywhere else the fight takes place, Bundy is likely to be far behind.

Overall Bundy provides an interesting addition to this tournament and he has a big opportunity to make a name for himself in this opening round but, even if he does somehow manager to get past Zulu, it would still be some very long odds of him taking the 10 million dollar prize

Prediction: Zulu by first round KO.

Tyson Cobb

Representing the Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts (or GAMMA as it’s rather known) is Tyson Cobb and his manager Mentor Guru Corleone who just happens to be the long time owner of said establishment. Cobb is a fighter who might just be here to make up the numbers as very little of note could be said about him over the past couple of years. At one time, under previous management, Cobb looked to be a phenomenal prospect and ruled the heavyweight division of top 310k organisation The Global Colosseum with an iron fist. As time went on however, Cobb just seemed to fade away and with several changes in management and fighting just four times in 2019, became something of an afterthought in the world of MMATycoon. Now under the guidence of Corleone, Cobb still has time to make his mark and at 32 years of age, a tournament such as this could be just the springboard he needs. We caught up with his seemingly jaded manager who didn’t exactly exude confidence.

Q: Mentor, what are Cobb’s chances of winning this whole tournament?

MGC: His chances are slight to none

Q: Do you have any thoughts on his first round opponent?

MGC: He is probably better than me and i cannot be bothered to set my sliders

Q: Who do you think poses the biggest threat out of everyone in the tournament

MGC: Honestly, i did not look at the roster, i just take each fight as it comes and we will see how far i can take it.

Not exactly the motivational speech that his fighter would want to hear before going up against one of the most notorious and tricky managers in the game! Still, perhaps Corleone is just preoccupied with the running of his empire and doesn’t have the time to really give fight management his full attention. There is no doubting that he is capable if he wants to be but the question here is does he want to be? By the sounds of things, no, and that will be a shame as Cobb does have a few good advantages over Karelin. If they aren’t put to good use though, they count for nothing

Ruslan Karelin

Ruslan Karelin will be representing FARTMMA and with only 8 professional bouts to his name will also have the distinction of being the least experienced competitor in the tournament. That isn’t to say that Karelin is going to be cannon fodder amongst the other fighters at all. For such a young competitor he is remarkable well developed. Has has elite wrestling and a black belt in BJJ as well as an adequate level of striking. Taken at face value, Karelin will be just fine.

He is managed by the notorious former #1 manager Ibrahim Camara who declined to answer any question about his first round opponent Tyson Cobb or his chances in the tournament overall. Perhaps not wanting to give away trade secrets at this point or perhaps just unwilling to say anything foolish in the face of such a tricky first round opponent. Tricky in that getting past Cobb isn’t a guarantee at all and yet the vast majority of fans and critics alike are expecting him to do just that. Even Camp Cobb sound pretty unconfident at this point. The question you have to wonder is why? On paper Cobb is a tough fighter with a good percentage of KO victories and hasn’t really suffered too many bad stoppages in his 28 pro fights. He is a former champion and comes into this with a significant striking advantage. Still, the momentum and popular opinion will belong to Karelin here and a solid victory would definitely raise his stock a couple of points going forward

Prediction: Karelin by third round KO

Vincent Lemieux

Canadian heavyweight Vincent Lemiuex has been around the block and after many years of putting on brutal displays of combat, has finally made his way into one of the games top organisations in SYN. At thirty-seven years old and 47 professional cage fights under his belt, it is perhaps a little late in the day for Lemiuex to really make a run at the title there but with his phenomenal record of twenty-five KO’s out of twenty-five victories there is no question he is going to entertain the crowd in his new home. Already a popular figure, fans appreciate Lemieux’s do or die attitude and tend to forgive the shocking amount of KO losses he has suffered. Maybe not a great way to describe a fighter but glass cannon comes to mind.

With such inconsistency, even a fight against a far less experienced opponent like his first round draw Torkey Bystrom becomes something of a crap shoot to predict. Lemieux has the power to get to anyone's chin but that only matters if he can get there first. Bystrom has an elite set of stand up skills and a superior Muay Thai game meaning that if Lemieux insists on trading in this one, it could go either way. In truth, that’s exactly how we see it going.

Torkel Bystrom

A big step up and a massive opportunity for Sweden’s Torkel Bystrom, a fighter who has spent the majority of his time as a sparring partner for others. At 30 years old, Bystrom has only a pretty small amount of professional fights though he has dabbled in just about everything. MMA, KT and Grappling. Certainly you’d think that this variety of experiences would be a positive going into the tournament but clearly, Bystrom’s manager and organiser of the tournament Chuck W94 disagrees. When asked about his fighters chances of winning the tournament he had this to say

“Oh terrible, he probably won't last 1 round in his first fight lol. We couldn't get anyone else, you'd think a 10 million to the winner tournament would draw a little more interest”

A scathing comment sure to cut his fighters confidence to the bone and perhaps even a little too honest as while Bystrom certainly wouldn’t be anybody’s favourite, he is far from a rank amateur making his first appearance in the cage. When probed for his opinion on first round opponent Vincent Lemieux, Chuck said this

“His 25 ko's really stands out, there won't be a decision in this fight. His manager is very well respected and I expect a highlight ending”

A respectful answer and definitely Lemiuex’s record of KO’s would be a worry for most opponents but on the flip side, he also has 17 KO losses himself. Bystrom is an elite level striker and we definitely agree that there will be no decision in this fight. Lastly, Chuck got around to answering our question about potentially dangerous opponents

“Well no disrespect to anyone in it, but I have 4 guys who really stand out, in no particular order they are Cruz jr, Conor the Barbarian, Kilo, and the big man from Inferno Zulu. The HW Goat was suppose to be in it and in fact be in the main event, but for some unknown reasons has backed out and his manager has blocked my number. I was looking forward to Kilo vs Kimbo more than any other fight on the card, its a real shame he decided to pull out a week from the event.

Well good luck to all”

Kimbo’s absence seems to be a disappointment for all but most of all the tournament organiser and we have to wonder just why the best heavyweight fighter in the game would run scared of a big money tournament like this. Without a good answer, it certainly is going to be something of a stain on his and his management teams honour. As for Bystrom, he has a tough road ahead of him even if he can get past this first round with his bracket being arguably the harder side of the tournament.

Prediction: Lemieux by first round KO

*Interview was written before Kimbo Slice’s last minute entry

Grzegorz Crayewski

37 year old Grzegorz Crayewski enters this tournament as a rank outside Journeyman MMA fighter and one who has seemingly chosen to ignore his promising KT skills at that. 10-10 in MMA since getting his start back in March 2016 compared to an undefeated 7-0 record in KT. One has to wonder why Crayewski hasn’t made a full time switch but for this tournament specifically, it is obviously the 10 million dollar prize that has kept him out of the ring and a chance to set himself up for a retirement that cannot be too far down the road. We had a chance to speak to his manager Scottie 2 Hottie about his chances in the tournament and he had this to say…

Q: How do you rate your fighters chances of winning the whole thing?

S2H: Cray has the will to win. In his comeback fight after years in retirement, Cray, the complete underdog, against a top ranked kickboxer, knocked his opponent down three times in the first, winning by TKO. In his second fight back, he defeated another highly ranked kickboxer in a bloody war, via TKO (cuts). “Cray” has a puncher’s chance in this, but no one can measure that man’s heart.

Clearly believing in his fighter, Crayewksi is obviously in good hand though he does face a very tough first round opponent and one that some believe to be a potential finalist in all of this. Hottie had this to say about Cruz Jr

Q: What do you think of his first round opponent?

S2H: “The Colossus” could be the biggest and strongest black belt in this tournament and is a knockout artist with all but two wins coming by KO. “The Colossus” is dangerous everywhere. Cray is ready and knew what he signed up for when he joined the YB Sol Invitational.

A realistic answer in the face of exceptional odds. There is no doubt that Crayewski is the underdog going into the fight. On paper he looks to be outgunned in most places but interestingly, when you start to look deeper into their fight statistics, things become just a little more hopeful for Crayewski. Both have great KO ability at around 88% whilst both of them have very similar records when it comes to losses. Fact is, Creweksi does have a punchers chance here. Lastly we asked Hottie his thoughts on other potential opponents in the tournament

Q: Who do you think is the most dangerous opponent in this tournament (aside from your own guy)?

S2H: We’re not looking past “The Colossus”. Cray knows he only effect change in this fight by keeping focused on the task within arm’s reach.

With their sights firmly set no further than Jorge “The Colossus” Cruz Jr, we wish Crayewski and his team the best of luck.

Jorge Cruz Jr

One of the better fighters at 325k never to have won a title, Jorge “The Colossus” Cruz Jr hasn’t done too badly since transitioning into an open ID org but is still looking to make that big push into the next level. A huge tournament such as this could be just the ticket. We managed to get some comments from his manager on the chances of Cruz taking it all.

“With Kimbo not in it anymore, I think he has a good of a chance as anyone. He hasn't really fought any top tier fighters other than Tuala, but has a relatively good chin for a HW, good power, and his secondaries/physicals are right where I'd like them. But HW tourneys tend to be tough to call. But I wouldnt be surprised if he went on a run, or if he lost in the 1st rd”

Interesting thoughts and perhaps modest when you comb through some of the tough fights he has had in his career, especially at 325k though perhaps McSweeny is talking only at elite level. We asked him about his thoughts on his first round opponent and he had this to say

“His chin can be had, and at his age, I am sure his physicals aren't where they used to be. As long as I can keep him off Cruz's chin, it should be a win for Cruz”

He certainly has a point regarding Creyewski’s chin as his rumoured “Granite” one seems to have had deserted him a while back. The last question we asked was who McSweeny considered to be the toughest potential opponent in the tournament

“With no Kimbo, maybe Conor the Barbarian? Though it's tough to get a good read on him with his level of competition. Simard, with Alex K managing him, would be tough with another 3 months of training. Maluga is strong, but bleeds. Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I like Cruz's chances”

Looking at it overall, it seems as though McSweeny has it correct. With no Kimbo, practically everyone's chances of winning have gone up though we’re surprised that neither submission expert Ted Bundy nor Botswanan thumper Kvame Zulu were mentioned as potential roadblocks for Cruz. For the moment though, Cruz certainly does look as though he has a clear path to the finals through his bracket

Prediction: Cruz Jr by first round KO

*Interview was taken before Kimbo Slice’s last minute entry

Patrick Thompson

Jamaican heavyweight boxer Patrick Thompson comes into this tournament as a representative of Pulse and will be looking to put to bed a poor run of performances that he has suffered over his last five fights. With only one victory to speak of within that time period, it’s fair to say that Thompson has struggled to recover the form that earned him a shot at #1 heavyweight Kimbo Slice and saw him capture and defend the now defunct Empire FC heavyweight crown.

We caught up with his manager, the delightful Alfred Winterbottom, who seemed to insinuate that his fighter only had a punchers chance of winning the tournament overall. In truth this is probably a very accurate statement as while Thompson obviously has no problem putting people away, he is susceptible himself and has suffered a number of KO losses.

When asked about Thompson’s first round opponent Leonid Martinyuk, Winterbottom seemed to think that the two were very similar and we can certainly see where he is coming from. Both fighters have strikingly similar skill sets and like to use their elite boxing to get the finish and both fighters are incredibly close in the rankings with Thompson at #71 and Martinyuk at #73. One thing that isn’t so similar however is the fact that Thompson has almost double the amount of losses and with almost three quarters of them coming by KO. Such a statistic is surely a worrying one of Thompson knowing full well that striking is both fighters forte.

Leonid Martinyuk

Another Inferno representative entering the fray is “The Surgeon” Leonid Martinyuk, a scary looking heavyweight product of the 330k ID. With a record of 17-8, Martinyuk has surprisingly never yet been involved in any kind of title fight despite usually having far more wins than losses wherever he has been. Perhaps the fact that Martinyuk has moved around so much could be the reason itself and now that he seems quite settled at Inferno we would find it difficult to believe that “The Surgeon” never gets his chance at glory there.

For now though, he has a shot at something much more important. 10 million dollars and the opportunity to set himself up for life. He isn’t necessarily considered amongst the favourites though on paper he seems to have many of the required attributes to do well.

We spoke to his manager Step Daddy Squiiid (that’s three “I”s not two) to get his thoughts on the upcoming tournament and his answers certainly gave some cause for concern.

Q: Squiiid, how do you fancy Martinyuk’s chances in the tournament?

SDS: I believe he has a pretty good chance depending on my opponents hidden, learning speed is crap but I trust his build.

Q: Excellent answer! Thank you. How do you feel about his first round opponent?

SDS: *looks distacted* Er….oh...yeah, his next opponent is a bad matchup for him. He hate ground fighters but if he can keep it standing I'm thinking 1st round KO

Q: Er, Mr. Squid sir, his first round opponent is a stand up fighter like Martinyuk?

SDS: *looking at his phone* Mmmhmm, yep yep...gotta keep it off the ground….

Q: Okay. Last question Mr. Squiiid. Who do you think is the worst potential match up for him in the tournament?

SDS: *blank state*

Q: Mr. Squiiid sir?

SDS: Oh…yes….I would say most dangerous is his next opponent. Rei can sub his way to the top if he gets passed me.

Q: Rei? But he’s not in this tourna…

SDS: Thanks! And you’re welcome. See you at the arena!…

A clearly confused and preoccupied Step Daddy Squiiid there with his answers boding very well for Patrick Thompson indeed. In fact, if Martinyuk is less on the ball going into this and is preparing for a ground fighter on the opposite side of the cage, it could be absolutely disastrous

Prediction: Thompson by KO

Schmorgen Biscuit

A chance of a lifetime for scrappy journeyman fighter Schmorgan Biscuit and quite possibly one of the longest shots in the tournament. Experience isn’t a problem. 31 year old Biscuit has has 46 professional fights since making his MMA debut and has fought some tough opponents during that time. Skill isn’t lacking either. Biscuit has a top level grappling game which is backed up with some sensational striking skills. So what is it that makes Biscuit such an underdog going into this tournament? Simply put, it would seem like inconstancy is the culprit. Almost from the beginning, Biscuit seems to win a couple and then lose a couple. One step forward, then one step back and never really building much momentum.

His first round opponent Cedric Simard looks to be one of the better first round match ups Biscuit could have been paired with as a fighter with much less experience and time in the game. On paper, Biscuit looks to have an advantage in most areas but just how much that will help him against the tactical expertise of Simard’s management team remains to be seen.

Overall, if Biscuit can even manage to get past the first round, it’s unlikely he’ll get passed the second.

Cedric Simard

Another interesting fighter coming from the 340k bracket is Cedric Simard. Only 10 fights to his name and already having gone through three different managers. In an unsual turn, his original manager Alex K decided to give it another shot with him and will be the one guiding him into battle in the YB Sol Invitational. Simard seemed to have started out as a submission fighter but over time has developed his stand up and now has a dangerous clinch game to compliment his other strengths.

Though Simard isn’t considered among the top fighters in this tournament it was surprising to hear his manager Alex K reply “slim to none” when asked about his potential chances of winning the tournament. He faces Schmorgan Biscuit in the first round. A highly skilled fighter though with a less than exemplary record in MMA makes this fight an extremely tricky one to judge. His manager doesn’t seem to think so however and mentioned that the “First round should be fairly straight forward”

This writer personally believes see the fight being a little tougher than Simard seems to think with opponent Biscuit’s elite wrestling being key to the result here. We pressed Mr.K about the others in the tournament and it seemed that he hadn’t even taking the time to look. When he did finally get back to us his reply was simply

“I like Kvame Zulus chances in this one. His first round is a walk-through”

While we’re not sure about the walk through comment, most would agree Zulu is a strong contender in the entire field

Prediction: Simard by first round KO

Kilo Maluga

At the bottom of the bracket is the fight that everyone is wanting to see. The potentially anaemic Kilo “Bloodbath” Maluga versus the number one heavyweight in the game and #2 p4p Kimbo “Dark Killer” Slice

This is a fight that almost didn’t take place with Slice playing silly buggers and signing his contact at the very last minute. In fact, Maluga had actually been drafted a new opponent during that time meaning a lot of last minute shifting around with the tycoon athletic commission was necessary just to get this deal done. But, with all that being said, it is a done deal now and very soon the fans of MMATycoon will be treated to quite the spectacle.

The first thing we have to wonder is whether this fight is just a marketing gimmick or does 340k fighter Kilo Maluga actually stand a chance against the most well known heavyweight fighter of recent times? It’s difficult to know the answer to that as, outside of a brief run as Rapid FC heavyweight champion, Maluga is far more well known for his ability to keep fighting in the face of severe blood loss and for his manager Chris Karter who certainly seems extremely confident in his fighters chances here. In fact we managed to get a brief statement from Mr. Karter a few days ago.

Q: Karter, how do you rate Maluga’s chances of winning the tournament

CK: Without cut stoppage? 99.7%. Nobody's perfect.

Q: How do you feel about your first round opponent?

CK: Kimbo is a pussy who ducked fair fight. He will forever be known as Kimbo the coward.

Q: But Mr. Karter, didn’t you hear? Kimbo signed the contract at the very last second. The fight is on!

CK: It took him long enough. If the crooked doctor's don't stop the fight I will kill him.

Q: Lastly, who do you think is the most dangerous opponent in this entire tournament

CK: The Doctor, without a doubt.

Without a doubt an extremely confident camp going into what is easily the biggest fight of his career

Kimbo Slice

Kimbo Slice needs no introduction. Anyone involved in the game knows exactly who he is and what he is about. A fighter who has spent the vast majority of his professional career involved in either title fights or defences rather than regular bouts. A fighter who brings with him a legion of fans and a bucket load of PPV buys wherever he goes. A fighter who hasn’t been defeated in over a year.

In the heavyweight division, Kimbo is as big as it gets right now though it almost didn’t happen at all. His manager Devin Skrumbellos has courted controversy recently and a Kimbo’s no show in this tournament would have been catastrophic for his reputation. Though now all signed and ready to go, it was a last minute rush and you must wonder if any of this has effected Kimbo’s ability to prepare for this fight?

On paper, it almost looks comical. A four and a half year veteran fighter with 54 fights taking on a 340k bleeder with 14 and only one of those being outside of ID restriction. A fighter that hasn’t not known defeat in over thirteen fights versus a fighter that has won two out of his last five.

Is camp Kimbo taking this fight seriously? Is anybody?

In every range of the fight except one that does not matter, these fighters look to be dead even. Maluga has developed rapidly in the gym and if his fundamentals are as sound as his opponents, there’s no reason why he can’t be competitive here. In 10 victories he has a perfect record of 10 KO’s. Clearly the power is there but at this level? In comparison, Kimbo has a 91% record of finishes but over a much higher number of fights.

Can Maluga get to Kimbo’s chin? Well, Kimbo has been stopped before but not often. In the grand scope of his career it’s actually rather rare but it is there. That possibility at least. On the flip side, Maluga has yet to be stopped dead in his tracks with all four losses coming at the hands of medical intervention but again, there is a much smaller field of analysis and at a much lower level of competition. One thing that must be taken into consideration here however is that the fight is only three rounds. Surely that benefits Maluaga and his paper thin skin?

Overall, Kimbo is a massive favourite here as reflected by the recent odds laid down by HB Bookie’s. He also will be among the favourites to take the tournament, if not being thee favourite. Still, can you imagine if Maluga somehow takes this? Instant mega-stardom would await. A mind blowing thought.

Prediction: Kimbo by third round TKO (Cut Stoppage)

So there you have it folks. The brackets are set and we get ready to kick off this mammoth sixteen man tournament

Make sure to place your bets at HB Bookies!

• Upvote 5

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1596560052SYN-min.png
Friday 7th August 2020
Live on PPV
The call went out. $10,000,000 to crown a heavyweight king. The response was telling with many of the so called best choosing to cower in the shadows. But, with the absence of those fighters, it gave opportunity to many who would have never likely have gotten a second look otherwise and now we get to see if there exists a dark horse in the tycoonsphere who is ready, willing and able to take his place upon the throne or whether the best that did apply are considered so for a reason.
First Round
Jack Blood

“As said before barely looked at them. But I will eventually. My guy IS the most dangerous because he will get crazy lucky and just win even when I forget to set trainings or sliders. Thats the secret of making it to #1 kids, no opponent can predict what you don't know yourself”

"If you are expecting the unexpected, it becomes unexpected no more and you become vulnerable to real unexpected. Expect nothing."

On 8/5/2020 at 8:25 AM, Alfred said:

Friday 7th August 2020
Live on PPV

First Round

Kilo Maluga

At the bottom of the bracket is the fight that everyone is wanting to see. The potentially anaemic Kilo “Bloodbath” Maluga versus the number one heavyweight in the game and #2 p4p Kimbo “Dark Killer” Slice

This is a fight that almost didn’t take place with Slice playing silly buggers and signing his contact at the very last minute. In fact, Maluga had actually been drafted a new opponent during that time meaning a lot of last minute shifting around with the tycoon athletic commission was necessary just to get this deal done. But, with all that being said, it is a done deal now and very soon the fans of MMATycoon will be treated to quite the spectacle.

The first thing we have to wonder is whether this fight is just a marketing gimmick or does 340k fighter Kilo Maluga actually stand a chance against the most well known heavyweight fighter of recent times? It’s difficult to know the answer to that as, outside of a brief run as Rapid FC heavyweight champion, Maluga is far more well known for his ability to keep fighting in the face of severe blood loss and for his manager Chris Karter who certainly seems extremely confident in his fighters chances here. In fact we managed to get a brief statement from Kilo Maluga a few days ago.

Q: Kilo, how do you rate Maluga’s chances of winning the tournament

KILO: Without cut stoppage? 99.7%. Nobody's perfect.

Q: How do you feel about your first round opponent?

KILO: Kimbo is a pussy who ducked fair fight. He will forever be known as Kimbo the coward.

Q: But Mr. Kilo, didn’t you hear? Kimbo signed the contract at the very last second. The fight is on!

KILO: It took him long enough. If the crooked doctor's don't stop the fight I will kill him.

Q: Lastly, who do you think is the most dangerous opponent in this entire tournament

KILO: The Doctor, without a doubt.

Without a doubt an extremely confident camp going into what is easily the biggest fight of his career

Kimbo Slice

Kimbo Slice needs no introduction. Anyone involved in the game knows exactly who he is and what he is about. A fighter who has spent the vast majority of his professional career involved in either title fights or defences rather than regular bouts. A fighter who brings with him a legion of fans and a bucket load of PPV buys wherever he goes. A fighter who hasn’t been defeated in over a year.

In the heavyweight division, Kimbo is as big as it gets right now though it almost didn’t happen at all. His manager Devin Skrumbellos has courted controversy recently and a Kimbo’s no show in this tournament would have been catastrophic for his reputation. Though now all signed and ready to go, it was a last minute rush and you must wonder if any of this has effected Kimbo’s ability to prepare for this fight?

On paper, it almost looks comical. A four and a half year veteran fighter with 54 fights taking on a 340k bleeder with 14 and only one of those being outside of ID restriction. A fighter that hasn’t not known defeat in over thirteen fights versus a fighter that has won two out of his last five.

Is camp Kimbo taking this fight seriously? Is anybody?

In every range of the fight except one that does not matter, these fighters look to be dead even. Maluga has developed rapidly in the gym and if his fundamentals are as sound as his opponents, there’s no reason why he can’t be competitive here. In 10 victories he has a perfect record of 10 KO’s. Clearly the power is there but at this level? In comparison, Kimbo has a 91% record of finishes but over a much higher number of fights.

Can Maluga get to Kimbo’s chin? Well, Kimbo has been stopped before but not often. In the grand scope of his career it’s actually rather rare but it is there. That possibility at least. On the flip side, Maluga has yet to be stopped dead in his tracks with all four losses coming at the hands of medical intervention but again, there is a much smaller field of analysis and at a much lower level of competition. One thing that must be taken into consideration here however is that the fight is only three rounds. Surely that benefits Maluaga and his paper thin skin?

Overall, Kimbo is a massive favourite here as reflected by the recent odds laid down by HB Bookie’s. He also will be among the favourites to take the tournament, if not being thee favourite. Still, can you imagine if Maluga somehow takes this? Instant mega-stardom would await. A mind blowing thought.

Prediction: Kimbo by third round TKO (Cut Stoppage)

So there you have it folks. The brackets are set and we get ready to kick off this mammoth sixteen man tournament

Make sure to place your bets at HB Bookies!

Slice is wiping some vaseline out of his eye. Maluga doesn't give a rats ass about fair play and cracks him with a massive hook to the side of the head! Slice crumples to the floor out cold! The cornerman is going to be in Slice's bad books for that mishap!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:44 of round 2, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Kilo Maluga!

Kilo Maluga tried to hype himself up post fight but didn't word it too well and it ended up with him sounding like a bit of a tool.

14390840437078.png

"Kilo don't give a (expletive) about fair play! Protect yourself at all times (expletive)! The GOAT strikes again. Undefeated without the doctor."

• Upvote 3

Some how my fighter won, it was so shocking i complained to Chuck about "Why has my fighter been booked against someone else", i did not notice the round just ended and Cobb is into the second round. :mf_popcorn1:

idk what's more shocking, the fact Mentor won the fight or the fact that he expected to lose to a bum like Camara.

• Upvote 6